Become a Patron!

Wife mentioned smell of the DIY supplies, what to do?

joeyboy

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
What can I store my flavorings in so they do not smell up the house? I had them in a plastic container but the smell of the FA flavorings are coming through. Is there something I can buy that seals or do something with the containers to help with that? Too hot in the garage to put them there.

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Do you have AP in there? Or tobacco flavorings?

I have mine in the kitchen, and I can only smell when when I actually open the boxes.

It might actually not be the flavorings smelling but rather how your wife feels about vaping?

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
What can I store my flavorings in so they do not smell up the house? I had them in a plastic container but the smell of the FA flavorings are coming through. Is there something I can buy that seals or do something with the containers to help with that? Too hot in the garage to put them there.

I use zip lock baggies.. then place them into plastic shoe box sized containers.. then those go into coolers..
flavors love cool dark places, and tend to last a bit longer this way. :)

joeyboy

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Do you have AP in there? Or tobacco flavorings?

It might actually not be the flavorings smelling but rather how your wife feels about vaping?

No tobacco flavorings. She doesn't care about vaping, just the combination of the fruity smells.

I will try smaller ziplock bags. I do store them in the dark.

Thanks everyone

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
No tobacco flavorings. She doesn't care about vaping, just the combination of the fruity smells.

Thanks everyone
Did you have them in plastic containers or just out in the open? Mine are all in plastic containers, and there's no way you could smell them (assuming you don't have breadcrust LOL)

MistyMe

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year

Thanks everyone

Putting the bottles inside some of the thicker freezer type zip lock baggies and then storing those inside a sealed plastic bin really does help. You can group many of them together in quart size bags or even use gallon size bags if that's all you have. Even then, some slight aromas might linger. But if you put the bin away in a closet or cabinet in the dark, she will probably never notice them.

OBDave

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Mine sit in a harbor freight toolbox on top of the fridge - no odor issues to date, though I worry about the flavors spoiling since we don't have heat or a/c in our house...

Jaaxx

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Goto a yard sale and spend $25 on one of those cube refrigerators. Bonus is your stash will stay fresh longer and if you have kids you can put a lock on it.

Laughmore

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years

VenomousMofo

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Vacuum Sealer... Two birds, one stone :)

Place the flavorings in the resealable containers

Firestorm

Member For 4 Years
I have a bunch of flavor concentrates for DIY in my basement that I haven’t used in about a year. I’m interested in getting back into DIY again so I opened the plastic container that I store them in last night to take inventory. A few minutes later my wife who is upstairs (she doesn’t vape) yells “I can smell that”. It’s not really a big deal, but I was sort of surprised that the smell traveled upstairs so quickly for her to notice – all I did was bring the box out from under the stairs and open it while picking through the unopened bottles.

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Invite someone over that smokes really, really large, fat and cheap cigars.

I imagine she will stop bitching about the DIY smells almost immediately!

VU Sponsors