Become a Patron!

Why you start vaping?

Vzone1031

Member For 1 Year
Unlisted Vendor
Hi, all,
As a new vaper, i want to know why you start vaping. And your favorite vape device and why you like it?
Hope you can share the valuable advice and beautiful pictures.
I'm looking forward your answer.;););)

choderfett

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Welcome!
I started vaping to fulfill the smoking fixation. I was cutting back on cigs at the time but as you know you have light smoking days and heavy; depending on stress level right?

I ordered my first subohm kit with the vaporesso revenger x kit past Nov. Soon I started tinkering with RTAs to avoid buying pre-made coils. After that I moved on to squonking with the pulse 80w because I was tired of dealing with the RTA leaks when refilling, not to mention the frequency of doing so. Currently I’m use the 80w with the drop solo. Like the various RTAs I’ve tried, I found the solo works best for me. I still have a reg mod box (Luxe) and my Asmodus RTA but I don’t really use it; it’s mainly a emergency backup. I do rotate some pods in my daily like the zero and breeze2.

Vzone1031

Member For 1 Year
Unlisted Vendor
Welcome!
I started vaping to fulfill the smoking fixation. I was cutting back on cigs at the time but as you know you have light smoking days and heavy; depending on stress level right?

I ordered my first subohm kit with the vaporesso revenger x kit past Nov. Soon I started tinkering with RTAs to avoid buying pre-made coils. After that I moved on to squonking with the pulse 80w because I was tired of dealing with the RTA leaks when refilling, not to mention the frequency of doing so. Currently I’m use the 80w with the drop solo. Like the various RTAs I’ve tried, I found the solo works best for me. I still have a reg mod box (Luxe) and my Asmodus RTA but I don’t really use it; it’s mainly a emergency backup. I do rotate some pods in my daily like the zero and breeze2.
Thank you for your answer so sincerely! Would you like to tell me how to chose a better vape device, or it need to try many types?

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I started vaping using Cig-A-Likes to eventually quit smoking but Dual Usage wasn't really working so I had to quit Cold Turkey. Once I did finally quit wasn't long before I bought my 1st MOD Kit and down the rabbit hole I went.

choderfett

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thank you for your answer so sincerely! Would you like to tell me how to chose a better vape device, or it need to try many types?
For the revenge x, it was mostly the look of it. RTAs that's followed initially was partially looks (gotta have the matchy-matchy) but then turn to be deck styles and flavor that mattered more to me. I mostly stuck with single coils. For the Pulse 80w squonk, it was pricing then looks which was accompanied by a RDA that has great flavor and didnt leak on me. The squonk was also significantly lighter with one battery and a non-metal housing..

So mostly it was the look of the setup and convenience (size & weight). The mods spec didnt matter too much to me since I vape south of 100W.. I'm a flavor chaser also. Hope that all helps.

Letitia9

Citrus Junkie
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Hello and welcome to VU.
I started vaping to cut down on cigs after our state added another tax. Was down to 3-5 smokes a day within a few weeks. Gave up the last morning cig within 5 months. Was a pretty organic process for me. Good starter kit that will grow with you is the Innokin Kroma/Zenith kit. The Kroma is compact and easy to navigate, the Zenith has good long lasting coils that provides goof flavor.

Jinx'd

Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
for me, it was way past time for me to quit cigs. took about 1 week'ish. I still have my last 1/2'ish pack, and a whole carton in the freezer.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
for me, it was way past time for me to quit cigs. took about 1 week'ish. I still have my last 1/2'ish pack, and a whole carton in the freezer.

I spent a few years with Dual use until I finally figured out I was only kidding myself. Woke up the next Saturday morning and said to myself, today is the day I never buy another pack. Had 3 cigarettes for about a month and that was it. Never kept any around to temp me and the freezer will dry those last killer sticks out so they will be stale as all shit if you ever decide you want one.

ckashif

Member For 1 Year
Why I started vaping...

1. Everyone is starting to vape; cigs have become even more socially unacceptable than they were before.
2. Cigs are expensive as every, they cost $9 in NJ>if traveling, some countries require you to have a bank card to purchase cigs from a vending machine.
3. Cigs smell like shit! They cause bad breathe and make your clothes smell like an ash tray. Good luck finding a girl with those negative attributes.
4. Vape seems safer, healthier; and looks smarter. You look like your puffing a cloud of flavored steam when you smoke a vape.
5. I didn't smoke cigs inside, and when I'm in NJ/Sweden/Austria/Canada; the worst is standing in the cold smoking a cig shivering your ass off.
6. My coworker smokes cigs like crazy, now I can join him outside for a smoke break and not kill myself in the process - smoking a pack in 8 hours.

Haven't smoked a cig since I started vaping last week, and don't plan to. Although, I should have purchased a variety of juice to begin. This flavor is starting to taste like glue (Mango Cream). AND, I should have purchased a higher mg of nicotine content. 6mg 30/70 juice isn't cutting my nicotine craving after smoking Newports for 10 years. I'm definitely chain vaping to satisfy the nicotine fits. I'm considering purchasing the juice without the nicotine and getting a pure nicotine drip pouch. My boss showed it to me, he said its cheaper because the government can't tax pure Nicotine so they tax the hell out of the juice mix.

Last edited:

Vzone1031

Member For 1 Year
Unlisted Vendor
Hello and welcome to VU.
I started vaping to cut down on cigs after our state added another tax. Was down to 3-5 smokes a day within a few weeks. Gave up the last morning cig within 5 months. Was a pretty organic process for me. Good starter kit that will grow with you is the Innokin Kroma/Zenith kit. The Kroma is compact and easy to navigate, the Zenith has good long lasting coils that provides goof flavor.
Would you like to tell me some details about Innokin Kroma/Zenith kit? And why you like Innokin and if there are another vape brand? Looking forward your answer:)

Letitia9

Citrus Junkie
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Innokin is a solid company with a proven track record for reliable products. The Zenith is a very good tank with versatile af options. There are all kinds of vape brands. I personally prefer Lost Vape, Think Vape, Yihi, Smoant to name a few. For new vapers eleaf and aspire are especially good. Vaping styles are very subjective so all we can do is help a person find what may work for them. Ultimately it is up to the individual to find the path that suits them best.

ejuicestore

Member For 1 Year
Unlisted Vendor
Reasons to start vaping:

1. It's a way to relax.
2. Control: When you vape you can choose what you put into your device and what you inhale.

Laurent

Member For 4 Years
I was coughing and hacking daily from smoking 1.5-2 packs of cigs a day. Had smoked for 35yrs and quit with cig a likes Christmas "17". Nicotine patches never worked for more than a day for me. Haven't coughed or hacked in almost a year since vaping.

Jenn F

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hello and welcome. I started out around late 2012 or early 2013. Had a few years off then started back this summer. I had an issue that came up and needed to be more addressed than for me to stop vaping, didn't know. I stopped the first time for my health, second time around even more so. I kinda survived what should've killed me (non-accident but illness and not tobacco related either). Years ago I started out with a pen style vape and quickly moved into a box mode then started to building my own coils from there. I now have several plus my older mods.

My health always is better by vaping. I have more energy and just don't crave the nicotine like I used to. I totally dislike the smell of smoke and I was a 1-2 pack a day smoker, I cringe around smoke now. It's cheaper, more better for you and simply you feel better. I have yet to have a cold while vaping and while on the other habit I kept some allergy or cold during the winter and springtime. Easier to vape in public than to smoke too!!!

Wishing you well on your new journey! Once you vape it's pretty immediate results if you set out to throw away the lighter and pack...Any less stinky and you are ahead of the game! :) :luck:

placemace

Member For 1 Year
It`s good alternative to siggarets
89.jpg

VU Sponsors