Become a Patron!

Why is vaping not allowed within 10 feet of stores in OR. ?

Hi I live in OR. and as of Jan 1st, vaping along with smoking cigs is not allowed in front of stores within ten feet, being that vaping and e-cig smoking is not like cig smoking, why? Is it because people get confused and can't tell the difference? So to not have to hassle with it the Govt. decided to just prohibit both? I don't get it.

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Hi I live in OR. and as of Jan 1st, vaping along with smoking cigs is not allowed in front of stores within ten feet, being that vaping and e-cig smoking is not like cig smoking, why? Is it because people get confused and can't tell the difference? So to not have to hassle with it the Govt. decided to just prohibit both? I don't get it.
Under the radar last minute fucking.
Also cannot vape indoors in public.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
And that is why I get so upset when a person who vapes calls it smoking! That is the reason cities and counties or businesses get to pass regulations like this. I tell anyone who objects to my vaping near signs that say NO SMOKING there are NO TOBACCO products being used here!

anavidfan

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Simply because even though most people who have a brain and a mind to know that smoking-vaping are NOT the same. Laws or whatever lump them as the same. Smoking cigarettes=tobacco=nicotine and vaping=nicotine so they are treated equally.

Vaping safe/ safer/ just another evil habit to some. So to protect the innocents/good if cigarettes are to be kept 10 feet away, so must vaping.

I myself, keep to the shadows, the corners in which happy good people stay away from. Its in the dark corners of public places where I find the elusive fellow vapers , huddled like criminals.

Or one might find a herd of vapers, proudly vaping and blowing large billowy masses of clouds as the good/ innocents run past in fear of the "unknown"

As long as the laws/ ordinances lump vaping/ smoking as the same we must head the laws or be those "VAPERS"

Artist rendering of towns being invaded by the VAPOR-Zillas
GORGO+COLLAGE+copy.jpg

Well that sure explains it, it's still pretty liberal here though, it's not like they are shutting down vape stores yet, People are so stupid, they don't realize that every time they screw with something that makes things better it just makes things worse, welcome to the USA duh!

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Well that sure explains it, it's still pretty liberal where though, it's not like they are shutting down vape stores yet, People are so stupid, they don't realize that every time they screw with something that makes things better it just makes things worse, welcome to the USA duh!

That why people like us have to act responsibly but stand up for our rights! I have made a point of vaping next to No Smoking signs waiting to be told I can't but not one person at Healthcare Facilities has said a thing. No like Avids post I do not blow my cloud at or near someone out of common courtesy seeing I was a smoker for many years. The best I heard yet was........... "You don't know what's in that!" No sorry you are wrong, I make it myself so I do know what is in it and I also have the FDS* for any flavorings!

FDS = Flavor Data Sheet

VU Sponsors