Become a Patron!

Why Do You Love Squonker

Jason149

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Why do you love Squonker? Easy for carrying with? I always cannot unstand why so many people choose a Squonker. For me, it is a little danger. I am afraid of explode. :sneaka::sneaka:
xNhybfC.png

stanglifemike

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Do you currently vape, or know what squonking means?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

stanglifemike

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Squonking is simply a different way of getting your e-liquid onto your cotton. Instead of dripping e-liquid directly from your bottle, you press a bottle you've previously filled. The fear of exploring would be related to vaping in general, or at least more so from using a mechanical mod instead of a regulated mod.
I can't imagine anyone who is currently a vaper would actually think squonking could be dangerous and/or have the possibility of causing an explosion...

HondaDavidson

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Don't have to carry extra juice. Get to use a dripper atty and not have to drip.

I ONLY worry a but poorly maintained mod, especially mech ones exploding. Properly used and maintained batteries NEVER vent.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

Pastorfuzz

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
I like a Squonker when out on the bike.
I can put it in my back pocket and it won't leak like a tank would.
Plus being able to vape when blasting down the road while some have to pull over to light a smoke.

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I like not having to carry extra gear like a juice bottle.

Never been afraid of a mod exploding; because, I take care of my hardware and build within battery limits.
Don’t push your gear + keep it clean + keep your gear in good shape = zero explosions

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Don’t push your gear + keep it clean + keep your gear in good shape = zero explosions

Bumper Sticker worthy.

Don't Push Gear + Keep Gear Clean + Keep Gear Maintained = 0 Explosions

Took me a little to learn a few of the finer points of keeping gear clean. Now, I am a bit O.C.D over keeping gear clean. I also do well keeping it maintained & in good working order. Have located what I consider a reasonably safe zone to run coils, after personal experience, respected advice of others, doing some minor calculations.

Run coils in the 0.30 to 0.50 Ω range with a tolerance of around +/- 0.05 Ω only, that's build tolerance ... coils can and do often fluctuate a little more or less around that on use. For example, I might build a coil that reads out at 0.53 Ω but will slide down oh, 0.47 Ω on firing or jump up to 0.58 Ω. If I'm aware of building a coil properly to within my original range, I know the coil will not push a 20+Amp/3.7V battery beyond a 20% head space. That means the coil is still well within the range of being safe to use.

Head space is what charge remains on the battery without fully discharging it through use. So,I leave about 20% on my batteries, then I go put them on to re-charge. I also let my batteries have a resting period between being charged and put to use. All this battery discussion reminds me I need more batteries, and there's likely sales going on.

Responding to the original subject matter though, ...

Will not go so far as to say I love squonking. I enjoy squonking as a form of vaping with some degree of affinity, yes. Sorry, vaping is a habit using a thing and I do not love things as a general principle or virtue. My rule of living is, use things, love people and never reverse that. This I find has helped a lot in living. It lets me understand values a lot better, needs and wants as well.

I like squonking for its elimination of needing a drip bottle. Squonking got me into using mechanical mods, RDAs. I like using RDAs because for my preferences RDAs out preform Tank vaping atomizers. I get better flavor, better vapor production using RDAs than I do using Tanks. The rest is petty details summed up in Keep It Simple Silly, don't sweat the petty and don't petty the sweaty.

Last edited:

Jixil

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Reddit Exile
I hate dripping but I love the flavors and clouds I get it from. Squonking allows me to do that without needing to drip.

stanglifemike

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
That and you know what? One could get struck by lightening, hit by a train, car, etc. because sometimes shit just happens
Wow, you read my mind almost word for word! I originally typed out a post longer than my current one that said almost the exact same thing! The difference is that instead of saying "because......", mine ended saying "etc, etc, etc X 1,000". That kinda gave me a dejavu feeling when I read your post. Great minds think alike!!

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
... and then he/she/they died.

The End

Honestly, you can cause yourself harm doing almost anything if you don't pay attention and/or act like an idiot

Sometimes, I experience cramps in the brain from sorting out story plots. Don't even consider me thinking about current affairs, shoot no, thinking like that causes spasms and uncontrolled punching myself in the face. Yes, near anything can get you hurt.

Not sure there is a way to eliminate all risks. You find it ..., create a religion out of it and charge admissions.

Last edited:
Mechanical squonking makes the most sense to me. They are bulletproof IMO having almost zero issues as long as contacts are clean. Plus I like to think that in the unlikely event of an EMP I will still be able to vape while trying to save the world! :D

voicenyerhed

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ahhhhh, I love the smell of venting batteries in the morning! If you're worried about explosions use a regulated mod, maintain your gear, & most importantly KNOW YOUR BATTERY SAFETY! But if course, this applies to ALL vaping, squonking is no different safety wise than using a tank.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

VU Sponsors