Become a Patron!

Why do my builds go up so high after I wick or unwick?

Kinkyvapurrr

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
All the time after I put a build in the coils get kinda wobbly and the numbers get crazy like 1.45 or more.. how do I fix that plzz?

HondaDavidson

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
What Is the build? Atty and mod.

Could be any loose or bad connection in the circuit from the post pole of the battery to the negative......

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

Everpresentnewb

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Assuming your using Kanthal..... Once heated it becomes softer so the grub screws tend to hold it looser, thats where your wobbly coils are coming from. with a loose connection the resistance (Ohms) will increase, hence your numbers going up. Higher numbers arent the dangerous part, LOW numbers are. with lower builds (.05 .1 .007 and such) will draw a LOT of amps from your batteries and that is when you get into trouble. Regulated mods are a lot safer, but I still wouldn't just run any build on crap batteries even in regulated mods.

Kinkyvapurrr

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Assuming your using Kanthal..... Once heated it becomes softer so the grub screws tend to hold it looser, thats where your wobbly coils are coming from. with a loose connection the resistance (Ohms) will increase, hence your numbers going up. Higher numbers arent the dangerous part, LOW numbers are. with lower builds (.05 .1 .007 and such) will draw a LOT of amps from your batteries and that is when you get into trouble. Regulated mods are a lot safer, but I still wouldn't just run any build on crap batteries even in regulated mods.

I don't have crap batteries but they are low volts, well my 3 newest ones are.. that's my question what builds go w these batteries, that's just a little confusing to me still

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 24
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 24

Kinkyvapurrr

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
What Is the build? Atty and mod.

Could be any loose or bad connection in the circuit from the post pole of the battery to the negative......

I wouldn't use those batteties..... they are not even of the correct voltage..
Costing allot and having fancy wrapper doesn't equal a good battery.

I realize that but I bought them from Pegasus Academy specifically Vape related. Dude has good vids on utube. Not real expensive.. but maybe not necessarily for this mod wasn't sure that's why I asked. What u mean correct voltage, they're too low?

Kinkyvapurrr

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I realize that but I bought them from Pegasus Academy specifically Vape related. Dude has good vids on utube. Not real expensive.. but maybe not necessarily for this mod wasn't sure that's why I asked. What u mean correct voltage, they're too low?

If they're not correct the built in defense system in a regulated mod wouldn't allow them right? So they must be ok..

HondaDavidson

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yeah being on youtube doesn't make you a trustable authority. . Either...
What is a Pegasus Academy?
Vape batteries should be 3.7 volts nominal.... 3.6 is close but too me it says different type of battery. Could be safe IDK... can't see info in pics on this screen. Even if I were to trust what the labels says.
AS far as I know... there is NO battery manufacturer of Vaping specific or even rated batteries...... if the batteries says for vaping. .. it's a rewrap of some other brand of battery.

HondaDavidson

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
If they're not correct the built in defense system in a regulated mod wouldn't allow them right? So they must be ok..
No... there is no protection from you running a sub par battery. The mod can still pull more amps from a battery than a battery might have to offer.... just because the mod will shut off if you pull more than say the 25 amps it's rated for..... doesn't mean it cant pull 25 amps from a 5 amp battery......it will probably error before smoking.. but i don't want to test the safety protections.

Everpresentnewb

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Those are listed as 15 amp batteries... You might look for some Sammy 25R, or the LG "Poo" batts, cant remember the number but they are 25amp batts.

Raymcconn

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Don't know those battery's but after going to the web site those are some very expensive battery's.Go to Lion Wholesale and pick up some HG 2 or a better battery. You never said what mod you were using.

MWorthington

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
To add to what the guys already posted, Samsung 30Q batteries are also recognized as a good 20 amp battery.

champton

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I love LG's batteries. Not sure what type they are, but they're rated to 20 amps and 3000 mAh, whatever mAh means.

Last edited:

MWorthington

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
MAH refers to the runtime of the batteries. It stands for milliamp hour. There are 1000 milliamps in an amp. 3000 milliamps = 3 amps.

It's my understanding that a 3000mah battery will supply 3 amps contiuous current for one hour. Of course, in vaping you don't run your batteries continuosly like a flashlight or an rc model. You might pull 15 amps on a draw, but it'll only be for a couple of seconds so your batteries hold up longer.

champton

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Oh, so the mAh rating can basically be ignored since most of us aren't holding the fire button down for hours at a time (at least I would hope not.) :D

MWorthington

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Well, I wouldn't say it could be ignored, but higher mah = less cdr. A 3000 mah battery will do 20 amps cdr at best where a 25 or 30 amp cdr will be lower mah. For instance, the LG HB6 is a 30 amp battery but only 1500 mah so on paper at least, it'll run half as long as the Samsung 30Q which is a 20 amp battery at 3000 mah

Akrotiri

Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
All the time after I put a build in the coils get kinda wobbly and the numbers get crazy like 1.45 or more.. how do I fix that plzz?
Your likely slightly deforming the coil when your removing the old wick. Use scissors to cut one of the tails then proceed to remove the old wick.

VU Sponsors