Become a Patron!

Why do 0.3 and 0.5 ohm heads feel so different for the Ijust 2?

rj9923

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
So about a week ago I got an Eleaf Ijust2. It comes with a 0.3 ohm head, and I ordered some 0.5 ohm heads with it. After a very satisfying week on 0.3, I popped in one of the authentic Eleaf 0.5 ohm heads. I wasn't expecting very much difference given they're only 0.2 ohms apart, but the 0.5 head only produces about 1/4 the vapor and flavor as the 0.3 head I just finished.

Is there something wrong, or is this normal? I'm very dissatisfied with the 0.5 head. It feels like vaping on my egrip now, as opposed to the very powerful 0.3 head I just finished. It shouldn't be a wicking issue because I put some juice on the head before installing it, took a few large pulls without firing the button, and let it sit and wick inside a full tank of juice for a whole hour before trying.

I got these "authentic Eleaf" 0.5 heads on fasttech. Is fasttech not a reputable seller? Perhaps these are bad clone heads.

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It's a crap shoot with Fasttech, some good, some not so good.

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
You got accustomed to the vape with the .3 Ohm heads. .2 Ohms does make a difference. Go with .3 Ohm coil heads in the future.

rj9923

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
It's a crap shoot with Fasttech, some good, some not so good.
But these heads were advertised as authentic eleaf. Is fasttech known for lying?

rj9923

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
You got accustomed to the vape with the .3 Ohm heads. .2 Ohms does make a difference. Go with .3 Ohm coil heads in the future.
Would adding .2 ohms really take away 3/4 of the vapor though? I'm using the same mix of juice.

Zamazam

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
No, if advertised as authentic, they are authentic. A .3 coil will yield a warmer vape with more vapor than the .5.

Zamazam

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Would adding .2 ohms really take away 3/4 of the vapor though? I'm using the same mix of juice.
Sometimes it happens. I love my Atlantis with the .3 heads with a mech mod, at .5 the vape is anemic to me. The iJust you have is simply a battery with an electronic switch, basically a mechanical with an electronic switch. As it is used, the battery voltage drops to the atomizer, same as a mechanical mod. Try charging it up all the way and then use the .5 coils.

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yeah, but it's still a sub ohm coil, I'd think he wouldn't have that much of a difference, but you could be right. The .3s and .5s I build myself still put out a significant amount of vapor and flavor.
The "authentics" I got from them....Kanger stock coils, only one actually read .5 and the cap over the grommet fell out of three of them. One got stuck in the air flow control and I almost didn't get it out.

Zamazam

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Compare the Kanger vertical coils with the horizontal ones. The general consensus is that the vertical coils rob flavor and need greater power to get the same vape at the comparable resistance horizontal coils.

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I will agree with that one. Not a big fan of the verticals.

Zamazam

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I rebuilt one and got a ton more flavor out of it (vertical). Something Kanger does in the manufacturing process mutes the flavor, I think they stuff too much cotton in the coils....

cascadian

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
When .2 ohms is the difference when increasing from a .3 ohm coil, it is far from a negligible difference. We are talking about a 67% increase in resistance that results in 40% less wattage used to vaporize juice.

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I rebuilt one and got a ton more flavor out of it (vertical). Something Kanger does in the manufacturing process mutes the flavor, I think they stuff too much cotton in the coils....
I haven't even attempted a rebuild on those. Looks too much like rocket science....lol!

rj9923

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Sometimes it happens. I love my Atlantis with the .3 heads with a mech mod, at .5 the vape is anemic to me. The iJust you have is simply a battery with an electronic switch, basically a mechanical with an electronic switch. As it is used, the battery voltage drops to the atomizer, same as a mechanical mod. Try charging it up all the way and then use the .5 coils.
It is charged all the way.

Zamazam

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
The only thing I can tell you at this point is to get more .3 Ohm coil heads, they work and you like the vape....

rj9923

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
The only thing I can tell you at this point is to get more .3 Ohm coil heads, they work and you like the vape....
I did like the vape, but I'm a budget vaper, and the .3 only lasted me a few days before muted flavor and then burnt taste (on a clear 80% PG juice). I'm assuming the .5 heads last longer. That's why I got them. Plus, I can get a five pack of .5 atlantis clones for half the price of the authentic eleaf heads on fasttech, and the lowest it seems you can get for atlantis v1 is .5 ohms.

So about a week ago I got an Eleaf Ijust2. It comes with a 0.3 ohm head, and I ordered some 0.5 ohm heads with it. After a very satisfying week on 0.3, I popped in one of the authentic Eleaf 0.5 ohm heads. I wasn't expecting very much difference given they're only 0.2 ohms apart, but the 0.5 head only produces about 1/4 the vapor and flavor as the 0.3 head I just finished.

Is there something wrong, or is this normal? I'm very dissatisfied with the 0.5 head. It feels like vaping on my egrip now, as opposed to the very powerful 0.3 head I just finished. It shouldn't be a wicking issue because I put some juice on the head before installing it, took a few large pulls without firing the button, and let it sit and wick inside a full tank of juice for a whole hour before trying.

I got these "authentic Eleaf" 0.5 heads on fasttech. Is fasttech not a reputable seller? Perhaps these are bad clone heads.

The 0.3 coils run about 58.8w. The 0.5 runs about 35.28w. Huge difference in power. Huge difference in vapor. It acts like a mech, so full charge is 4.2v. That should explain why there's such a difference in vapor. With my 0.3ohm coil, I got lucky. My coil read about a 0.25. So I was pulling about 70w. My coil only had two juice flow openings though, so it couldn't wick fast enough. Worked great on my Aspire Pegasus mini.

JERUS

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
No, if advertised as authentic, they are authentic. A .3 coil will yield a warmer vape with more vapor than the .5.
Yup, thing is authentic doesn't mean much. At this point I see Fasttech as a Walmart type business, in that they'll buy the bottom of the barrel or sub par products to resell at the cheapest price they can. Just like you can buy name brand shampoo at Walmart that's not the same as if you buy it somewhere else, same ingredients but obviously not the same stuff.

Doesn't mean they're lying. Doesn't mean you won't get a quality product. It just means sometimes that super deal is worth questioning. I order from them a lot, and the only thing I was ever really disappointed with was the "Authentic TFV4 Quad Coils" they were noticeably different from what I had been using, still worked well, just not the same.

JERUS

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I did like the vape, but I'm a budget vaper, and the .3 only lasted me a few days before muted flavor and then burnt taste (on a clear 80% PG juice). I'm assuming the .5 heads last longer. That's why I got them. Plus, I can get a five pack of .5 atlantis clones for half the price of the authentic eleaf heads on fasttech, and the lowest it seems you can get for atlantis v1 is .5 ohms.
v1 yes, but you can get v2 in .3Ω or .5Ω, the v2 has larger airflow (could hurt the flavor but /shrug, I didn't notice much difference) and larger juice holes, also you don't risk getting the initial batch of v1 coils which were made with a ceramic wick that was known to flake off and get caught in your throat leaving you hacking up a lung for the next few hours (it's miserable trust me).

HondaDavidson

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yup, thing is authentic doesn't mean much. At this point I see Fasttech as a Walmart type business, in that they'll buy the bottom of the barrel or sub par products to resell at the cheapest price they can. Just like you can buy name brand shampoo at Walmart that's not the same as if you buy it somewhere else, same ingredients but obviously not the same stuff.

Doesn't mean they're lying. Doesn't mean you won't get a quality product. It just means sometimes that super deal is worth questioning. I order from them a lot, and the only thing I was ever really disappointed with was the "Authentic TFV4 Quad Coils" they were noticeably different from what I had been using, still worked well, just not the same.

This is pure BS.. If you buy a name brand at Walmart it is exactly the same as what you would get a Nordstroms or Macy's for the same name brand product. IN Fact most of Walmarts Generics are made by those same Name brand manufactures, Just using a different packaging.

This is pure BS.. If you buy a name brand at Walmart it is exactly the same as what you would get a Nordstroms or Macy's for the same name brand product. IN Fact most of Walmarts Generics are made by those same Name brand manufactures, Just using a different packaging.

Yes this is true.

dcarpentier

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Depends on what you're buying.
If you buy a certain make and model of something ,, say a Kodak Brand camera model XYZ. If you find a model XYZ elsewhere.. then yes its the same thing. But.. often you will only find that XYZ model at Walmart. It was custom ordered, often with cheaper parts, in order to be presented at a cheaper price. You cannot go by brand-name reliability at Walmart.. compare apples to apples only.
Not to apply blame to only Walmart.. all of the big box stores do it to some extent.

gobbly

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Look at it this way, 0.2 seems small, but it's 40% of 0.5. Going from .3 to .5 is a 66% increase.
Think of the difference between 30 watts and 50 watts, or 300 vs 500.

decssiz

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I have the ijust 2. Ordered from eleaf site along with .3 and .5 coils. Very big difference between them. I prefer the .3 if I use the .5 it needs to be charged fully. With the .3 it works great until the battery is dead. .5 can't do that needs to be charged sooner. I guess the .5 is more for using the tank on an adjustable mod.

Is there something wrong, or is this normal? I'm very dissatisfied with the 0.5 head..

I've had very good luck SO FAR with buying their EUC 0.3Ohm Ceramic coils for my Vaporesson tank that I use on my Vaporesso Pro 75W. I love this thing. Many have had HORRIBLE luck with theirs and TONS of faulty units but mine has worked perfect since day 1 over a year and a half (almost) ago...the shipping is bonkers so I always order like 4 5 packs so I have enough coils for a couple months and it works great but haven't ever ordered anything but coils....these euc ceramic coils last forever. I can easily get 3 weeks on ONE coil and I'm a pretty heavy vapor and vape varios 80/20 3MG nicotine. Sorry you've had crappy luck with them. The shipping drives me nuts but when they do finally arrive I usually order another 4 packs within about 2 weeks so I'm well stocked for a few months, then just every few months I order a couple at a time and never run out. Much cheaper this way, you save a couple bucks a coil over retail easily, closer to 3.00 if you buy say 4 packs at once. I ordered 0.5Ohm ceramic this time and cant tell TOO much difference only that I have to vape at a higher wattage or temp but the flavor appears to be there so far (they were out of the 0.3 when I ordered so I took a gamble and so far it's been fine.

Can anyone tell me their experience with a ceramic UEC 0.3Ohm coil VS the ceramic EUC 0.5 coil? I can't tell much except I have to fire it a bit hotter like on 45W instead of say about 27W or so in power mode and at about 480 VS 390 or so in Stainless (SS) mode. but the flavor seems to be there for me, anyone else noticed a big difference? Is it more of a personal preference or is it best to stick to the lower "Ohm possible? I have a Vaporesso larger tank and a 75W Vaporesso Pro and it's been amazing for well over a year since I got it. I know MANY had issues with the first non-pro model lcd display flickering and other anomalies but my Pro has been awesome.....any insight from anyone running the same coil and similar setup?

Synphul

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'd say there would be a difference as well with the performance of the different resistance coils. Haven't used those specifically but when I was using clearomizers with braided wicks I tried some different coil heads. They came with a 'tolerance', they weren't sold as one specific resistance. Instead they came as 2.2-2.4 ohms and others were 2.6-2.8 ohms. It definitely made a difference.

As others pointed out, it works similar to a mech with the resistance changing the power from a fixed battery source. There are other things that can play into it, size of the wire, type of wire, coil configuration etc but the resistance differences are what's used to change the vape rather than adjusting up or down on a regulated. By going with different coil heads it changed the vape (which is the reason for the different coils so users can dial in their preference). Just like a cigarette, both a light and full flavor have tobacco in them but a very different experience.

Brad Mitchell

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Depends on what you're buying.
If you buy a certain make and model of something ,, say a Kodak Brand camera model XYZ. If you find a model XYZ elsewhere.. then yes its the same thing. But.. often you will only find that XYZ model at Walmart. It was custom ordered, often with cheaper parts, in order to be presented at a cheaper price. You cannot go by brand-name reliability at Walmart.. compare apples to apples only.
Not to apply blame to only Walmart.. all of the big box stores do it to some extent.
What I have noticed is that walmart also stocks the older versions as well. Bought a tv from them years back. 55 in Panasonic plasma. I think I paid 800 for it in 2008. Though I think the sticker was 600 something, then add tax and I think warranty. At the time I think the 50"+ was over 800 sticker price and I thought I got a really good deal. Turns out it was an older model.

Don't get me wrong I was very happy with my purchase and I still am.

Synphul

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
What I have noticed is that walmart also stocks the older versions as well. Bought a tv from them years back. 55 in Panasonic plasma. I think I paid 800 for it in 2008. Though I think the sticker was 600 something, then add tax and I think warranty. At the time I think the 50"+ was over 800 sticker price and I thought I got a really good deal. Turns out it was an older model.

Don't get me wrong I was very happy with my purchase and I still am.
Walmart does tend to have 'alternative' versions of much of their products. For instance they'll opt for a model number of a product made by a brand name that no one else carries, a slightly cheaper version. Back when vcr's were still a thing they had an rca that no one else carried. Target had the identical rca, same faceplate etc, same remote except it had stereo rca outputs. Walmart's was only mono with a plastic cover where the stereo rca plug should have been. Target's model number was found at other stores, walmart's version was found only at walmart.

Same with their 'goodyear' tires, they're made by goodyear but exclusively for walmart. You won't find a walmart 'goodyear' model # matching anywhere else. They also tend to be cheaper versions, less durable, lower mileage rating where they cut corners. Go to an actual tire shop and find a goodyear you like, you'll find that same goodyear at other retail tire shops. They do the same with things like levi jeans, everywhere else you buy levi's they use rivets at the corners of the pockets. Walmart's 'version' they drop the rivets and just use an extra wad of stitching.

Not sure about other products like electronics, when it comes to drugs in particular the generic store brand clearly states it's not manufactured by xyz competing company like the makers of excedrin or the makers of tylenol.

Back to the initial issue, I highly doubt companies are making an 'authentic' subohm coil head and a 'budget' version for sale from places like fasttech or gearbest. Setting up 2 different production lines would probably be more costly than just making authentic coils. I suppose others 'could' make knock off coils claiming to be authentic, didn't figure there was a lot of pay off in 'fake' batteries but yet they do. Idk, if I was going to the trouble to make imitation items I'd stick with stuff like rolex watches or designer handbags where the profit margin is more than a nickel to make it worth my hassle. Not going to try and sell knockoff post it notes as 'authentics', seems kind of a pay the bills slowly vs a get rich quick scheme. lol

VU Sponsors