Votes: 1 0.9%
  • I own Both

Votes: 8 7.2%

• Total voters

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I like winter in Florida
A jacket + 2 more pockets = two more beers that can be carried.
:)

But my RX200 is more of an at home mod.

It makes an excellent at home mod along with my raptor / hammond no on/off button mods

I have two very compact and very inexpensive ($30 a piece) dual 18650 mods - Cloupor GT 80w's and two crown tanks for when I leave the house.

Heck, you would really love winter in Michigan then. With my parka on I could probably stuff a 12 pack in that lol :D. Bigger coat = more pockets. I'm just messing around, I severely dislike the cold, snow, wind, and ice of winters here.

Cheers,
Steve

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
@Whiskey @Condensation @Huckleberried @Zamazam @5150sick @UncleRJ @OBDave

I don't believe anyone went "running to the mods" @lordmage along with a plethora of other mods often take the time to make sure members who often bicker with other members don't cross any lines.
@lordmage happened to see this thread and felt a line was crossed.
Now it's up in the moderator sykpe chat and you will most likely be followed around the forum all day long.
Keeping a low (or at least on par with everybody else) profile is key to getting away with crossing the line more.

Last edited:

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Heck, you would really love winter in Michigan then. With my parka on I could probably stuff a 12 pack in that lol :D. Bigger coat = more pockets. I'm just messing around, I severely dislike the cold, snow, wind, and ice of winters here.

Cheers,
Steve

I will see your parka and raise you a wool lined oilskin duster.

Between the inside and outside pockets (and they are big ones) I am betting that I could store a whole case of beer if I needed to!

skt239

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
i will remind all users of the forum rules and that all violations will result in action weather you started it or not. @TygerTyger @Whiskey i would also remind user of the most important feature which is ignore. you can go to a profile of a user you dont what to respond or read and click ignore.

Thanks for the advise. I didn't know there was a troll spray button. He's been ignored.

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
No one came crying to me.

Unless I was participating in a "Circle Jerk" at the time and I failed to notice.

rchmx

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
No interest personally, though I know it's a popular mod. After my first 3-4 years of being a not so informed vaper, and going through a ton of crap devices, I'm perfectly content to run my Sig v1 100 watt mod into the ground. Over a year now and still going strong. Maybe I'll upgrade in 5 years or so when my Sig starts to get long in the tooth. :D

skt239

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
No interest personally, though I know it's a popular mod. After my first 3-4 years of being a not so informed vaper, and going through a ton of crap devices, I'm perfectly content to run my Sig v1 100 watt mod into the ground. Over a year now and still going strong. Maybe I'll upgrade in 5 years or so when my Sig starts to get long in the tooth. :D

You'll probably be using that Sig 100 for a while. I don't personally own one but have friends and family who do and they all love it.

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader

I have a Sig 150 and it's my oldest mod still in everyday use.

trecenters

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Unlisted Vendor
Well if you drop your sigs as much as I have you would be ready to not use it anymore. Hell, I buffed out the metal 3 times now to shine it up a bit. Still looks awful.

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

OBDave

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well if you drop your sigs as much as I have you would be ready to not use it anymore. Hell, I buffed out the metal 3 times now to shine it up a bit. Still looks awful.

The dings, dents, and scratches on my v1 Sig 100 are proudly-worn battle scars! Only mod I've owned for over a year, still handles 50% or more of my workload, and shows no signs of slowing down...since I'm still never crossing the 80-watt threshold and usually stay below 60, I can't imagine my RDAs will ever come off this thing...

Newtsche

Member For 5 Years
Just got my RX200, pretty impressed for the money. It would be hard to make a three 18650 unit any smaller. Very nice build quality and an excellent form factor.

Battery question, sorry but I'm too lazy to slog through 30 pages in the other RX200 thread. A lot of talk about using mated batteries though nothing is mentioned in the info that came with the unit. I don't have three of anything but do have 4 Samsungs on the way. I wanted to get an idea how heavy the RX200 is with 3 batteries in it. I stuck three different 18650's in -- what I had available -- the unit fired right up. I'm not pushing it but it works fine with a Triton at 20 watts and a Nautilus Mini at 12 watts. I have not run the unit long enough to run the batteries (or a battery) down.

Why are mated batteries so important? Am I taking some risk doing what I'm doing?

Newtsche

Member For 5 Years
The idea is to closely match the capabilities and wear, especially in series, to reduce any imbalance among them under load. It evens out wear, heat build-up and extends the longevity of the cells.
You should always use the same model and capacity cells, preferably within a few charge/discharge cycles of each other. Don't get crazy about it, but that's the goal.
Charge them to the same amount, discharge them together.
Easy peasy, that's "married" (Utah style for the Reuleaux). :p

As to the RX... it's coded to kick out a warning/stop if there's a greater than 0.3v disparity between the cells.

Thanks, Jim_MDP. I'd looked at some vids on the RX200 before knowing I'd be getting one. I seem to remember some saying it wouldn't work with mismatched batteries. I skimmed the main RX200 thread and a lot of people seemed pretty concerned, even questions about damaging the unit. So I was a little worried when I stuck three batteries in to get an idea about weight.

I'm a MTL guy and can't imagine I'll ever push the RX very hard. I liked the idea of having a stay-at-home rig that just goes and goes. That and what I think is a beautiful mod.:)

Psychedelic Biscuit

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
The reuleaux is plain ugly imho but the price on the RX is just mindblowing. Im still waiting for my stout thou, I hate plastic alot.
Built this baby 3 months ago and its still going strong, never had any issues, I cant see any chip out there to beat the DNA200 (the new yihi chips maybe?).
Yes its overengineered but its not that hard to wrap your head around and escribe looks way more complicated than it actually is.
The battery life on a good 1300mah LiPo lasts me easily a day and a half, vaping around 50 watts.
LiPos are weird to work with but they blow any 18650 out of the water.

Attachments

• photo_2015-11-05_22-44-40.jpg
    photo_2015-11-05_22-44-40.jpg
    54 KB · Views: 27

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The reuleaux is plain ugly imho but the price on the RX is just mindblowing. Im still waiting for my stout thou, I hate plastic alot.
Built this baby 3 months ago and its still going strong, never had any issues, I cant see any chip out there to beat the DNA200 (the new yihi chips maybe?).
Yes its overengineered but its not that hard to wrap your head around and escribe looks way more complicated than it actually is.
The battery life on a good 1300mah LiPo lasts me easily a day and a half, vaping around 50 watts.
LiPos are weird to work with but they blow any 18650 out of the water.
Lol
Opinions vary Biscuit...I think the way the Reuleaux looks is far better than any box mod I've ever owned, feels great in my hand, and three batts go for 2.5 days+ vaping a .25 build at 75-80w...and its the best $45 I've ever spent on a mod with this kind of performance....and although I rarely vape above 80w its nice to have up to 200w available should I ever need it...I never wasted my money on throw away mods with built in batts..(once those batts won't take a charge anymore the whole mod is useless and thrown away)..love my two..they're great!
94b18dcb27e03f2c4212ee341b77babb.jpg
fee9544a280ab52bf930dcf71f3e1d26.jpg

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Lol
Opinions vary Biscuit...I think the way the Reuleaux looks is far better than any box mod I've ever owned, feels great in my hand, and three batts go for 2.5 days+ vaping a .25 build at 75-80w...and its the best $45 I've ever spent on a mod with this kind of performance....and although I rarely vape above 80w its nice to have up to 200w available should I ever need it...I never wasted my money on throw away mods with built in batts..(once those batts won't take a charge anymore the whole mod is useless and thrown away)..love my two..they're great!
c29e014c3b44ed499fb774c0f365e192.jpg
aa263f63fafcb448fd561571c0e865da.jpg

What he said. Exactly right.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N915A using Tapatalk

skt239

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Lol

I gotta agree with @Break-19 as well. The Reuleaux is just a down right pretty mod. The form factor makes for the most comfortable mod my grubby mitts have ever clutched. The size is perfect and whether you are right or left handed (I'm a southpaw), it fits nicely in the hand. I also much prefer the 18650 over the lipo any day of the week. The batteries are essentially the heart of the mod, once that lipo dies, unless its user serviceable you are left with a very expensive paper weight. And like break said, you can vape the Reuleaux at high wattages all day and not have to worry about a charge. I'll eventually get a second in white / teal so I can have a set of quite possibly the finest vape I've ever owned. Despite everything I just wrote, I still want a Vaporshark DNA 200 ;)

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I've only really ever had 1 mod I considered pretty. A Lost Vape Tan Box mod. It's made out of Makassar Ebony wood, no two look exactly the same. That being said, I think as mods more as tools that I use to stop smoking. To me the more important thing is how it feels in my hand. If a mod is comfortable in hand, I'll use it. If it isn't it will sit on a shelf collecting dust. I just got the DNA200 version of the Reuleaux yesterday. I have to say, it is surprising small for a three 18650 mod, it's also comfortable in hand. Here's a pic of the Tan mod if you're interested.
Tan-box-mod-lost-vape%20(9).jpg

gtrovil

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Honestly? I want a LOT of mods. I'm not too hung up on looks but I do have a thing for money. With its highly affordable price tag I like my RX200 just fine thank you.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

skt239

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It also helps if you have a shred of credibility occasionally Gooey.

This is one of my few happy places online and when our resident troll began to infringe on it, I ignored him. Now it's all rainbows and teddy bears again. I would highly recommended everyone do the same as he brings nothing but negativity and butthurt to a great forum. He's obviously socially inept and does not know how to conduct himself like a decent human being. Remember, misery loves company so without anyone to respond to his constant pissing, moaning and demeaning insults he'll probably just leave on his own accord. Although I highly doubt he has anywhere left to go. Or, anytime he post a comment, just respond with a cat meme, that seems to really get his goat.

Psychedelic Biscuit

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Lol

Like I said, in >>my opinion<< it is ugly, I know people like the design I just dont. Even thou I hardwired my LiPo it is easy to take it out when its dead and put another one in, next time I will use some connectors to make it changeable more easy. If I like the chip (same in the VF stout I think) I may get one myself and put it in a selfmade enclosure. Or can you buy only the RX200 chip somewhere?

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader

Oh God, I just thought about this but think about what would happen if you drop a Reuleaux?

I'd go kind of like this:

maxresdefault.jpg

trecenters

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Unlisted Vendor
Lol I know. I have drank too much moonshine. Beer just makes me full and sleepy.

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
OK, So you are at a party, you have a Reuleaux in one hand, a beer in the other and you've got to piss...

Monkey1.gif

trecenters

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Unlisted Vendor
Big ol boys got some big ol pockets.

I'm with Bro' on the samsung batteries 2500 mah's. I'm an x smoker and don't blow clouds, but I get 2+ days with Rx200. You know lifestyle has a lot to do with it. I use it mostly at home and a Pegasus out running around.

burley

Picky Bearded 'Backy Bum
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have nothing against it, at all. I came close, a few times, to buying one - and I swear it, every single time I'm seriously considering it, something else catches my eye and I end up putting it back on the list.

I don't usually go over 75-80w or so, but the ability to do so is nice. I dig the shape, I dig the screen, I dig the battery life. I dunno, I just haven't pulled the trigger on one. Yet.

Now, I can say that and go "you know, I'll pick one up today - just to have one, hold one, use one." It's fifty bucks shipped, it's not going to break the bank any time soon.

...or I can wait, like a sensible person who has way too much stuff, and talk myself out of it again. Either way. I should get one. Maybe. Maybe tomorrow.

Honestly.....I don't really care for it. It looks to ugly...my opinion. I already own a couple devices with which do exactly what i want and more. To me a 200W device is actually useless really. Unless you are vaping over 150W then no need for a 200W other than bragging rights as it has been put, lol! This is just another craze for people to jump on to.

burley

Picky Bearded 'Backy Bum
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Honestly.....I don't really care for it. It looks to ugly...my opinion. I already own a couple devices with which do exactly what i want and more. To me a 200W device is actually useless really. Unless you are vaping over 150W then no need for a 200W other than bragging rights as it has been put, lol! This is just another craze for people to jump on to.
I dunno about "bragging rights," I think most people that have it - but don't often use the high wattages - got the device more for the reasoning "better to have it and not need it, than need it and not have it." Like a condom in the wallet. Ech, bad analogy. Like... an emergency, over-nighter bug out bag in the back of your vehicle. There, that's much better.

gtrovil

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
200w mods aren't a craze or a fad and aren't going away. Unless somebody creates a 300w mod. The 100 and 150w mods are still out there. If anything the Ego style battery is dead. Embrace the future. If you don't need more than 75w then more power to you. I currently have a TFV4 with the triple coil on the RX200 at 100w. Nice vape. I recommend it.

vuJim

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
200w mods aren't a craze or a fad and aren't going away. Unless somebody creates a 300w mod.
I'm sure they're not and I'm sure somebody will.

If anything the Ego style battery is dead. Embrace the future.
I don't think so. There are plenty of vapers out there who aren't interested in creating the kind of vapour that requires a 200W mod. Or even...

If you don't need more than 75w then more power to you.
75W? Heh. I haven't had my eVic-VTC Mini above 55W, and it's usually under 30W. Rarely more than 40W, even on my RDAs. I simply don't need more than that to get all the vapour and flavour I need.

gtrovil

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The last time I even glanced at them my usual B&M shop had maybe 2 choices for Ego style batteries. If you ask them the honest ones will tell you they aren't what the market wants. If you aren't using tobacco then it's all good. Another success story. I haven't used tobacco in over 3 years. I love vaping. I intend to continue using vapor. In all forms. If I put a .2 or less build on a 200w then I'm prepared. That's it. No controversy. Vape on!

trecenters

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Unlisted Vendor
If you buy a black and white version from ebay prepare to have your warranty void. Seen a lot of them selling and wanted to check on it.

OneBadWolf

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Realeaux top tip!

A strip of grip tape ( like you put on your skateboard deck back in the day) on either side of the batt cover makes it far less likely to drop, and far easier to remove the batt door, without damaging your fingernails.

Jlankford3336

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I own one but it's been sitting in Kent, WA for 4 days now. Expected delivery was Saturday, but it was a no show. Oh well maybe Monday. :mad:

trecenters

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Unlisted Vendor
I am amazed how small they are. Everyone made them out to be big clunky devices.

VU Sponsors