Become a Patron!

Whiskey's Corner has moved to another forum

Status
Not open for further replies.

HazyShades

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I've noticed. Do you think you will be able to get back to a living day person?

No. It's a problem sometimes but I like it this way. Fewer people to bother me.

I did graveyard many years ago, and it wasn't too bad, but I was a lot younger. I've been at it 10 years now at Walmart and I'm getting really tired of it.

Oh no, not Walmart! Dude. Mrs Walmart is a major drunken bitch.
One of my old best buds was in the Air Force over 25 years, worked in Cyprus eavesdropping on the Iraqui and Iranian airforces
then out of the NSA building at Ft. Meade.
Then he retired and went to work the night shift at Walmart unloading trucks. WTF!

Markw4mms

#Team Jimi Supporter
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee

One of my old best buds was in the Air Force over 25 years, worked in Cyprus eavesdropping on the Iraqui and Iranian airforces
Then he retired and went to work the night shift at Walmart unloading trucks. WTF!
Yeah, I know she's a drunk, and the family is running the company into the ground. I was a lot better place to work 10 years ago when I started there.

2WhiteWolves

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon

Understand that.

Ha-Ha that is where I use to work, on 3rd shift.

HazyShades

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yeah, I know she's a drunk, and the family is running the company into the ground. I was a lot better place to work 10 years ago when I started there.
Not to mention that the company rapes you guys.
I'm sure it's better in GA but in Miama, I really hate going to Walmart.

I used to smoke a pipe and would get coupons from Scandinavian Tobacco.
One day I went to my local store for a bag of Captain Black with a coupon that said
"One 1.25 Ounce bag of Captain Black for one dollar."
But the bag of tobacco didn't say 1.25 ounce, it said 1¼ ounce...
The manager didn't want to honor the coupon, he claimed 1.25 and 1¼ were different...
he finally succumbed when I told him I was going to call corporate and tell them their managers don't know basic math.
he threw the bag at me, didn't even charge me the buck.

But I had another coupon so I went to another Walmart.
THE SAME THING HAPPENED..no shit.
Finally the manager at the 2nd store took the coupon after my many threats..she did take the dollar.

2WhiteWolves

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Not to mention that the company rapes you guys.
I'm sure it's better in GA but in Miama, I really hate going to Walmart.

I used to smoke a pipe and would get coupons from Scandinavian Tobacco.
One day I went to my local store for a bag of Captain Black with a coupon that said
"One 1.25 Ounce bag of Captain Black for one dollar."
But the bag of tobacco didn't say 1.25 ounce, it said 1¼ ounce...
The manager didn't want to honor the coupon, he claimed 1.25 and 1¼ were different...
he finally succumbed when I told him I was going to call corporate and tell them their managers don't know basic math.
he threw the bag at me, didn't even charge me the buck.

But I had another coupon so I went to another Walmart.
THE SAME THING HAPPENED..no shit.
Finally the manager at the 2nd store took the coupon after my many threats..she did take the dollar.

So if, 1.25 and 1¼ is not the same, what the hell is it then? The idiot. Good that you got it for free, having to deal with him.

Markw4mms

#Team Jimi Supporter
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
They would have us move the products to different isles /rows.
So, when the customers would shop they would have to look for it and on their way to get the item, while looking for that item, they will buy more than what they came in for.
Did that make sense?
Yes, they call it resetting a modular, that's my primary job. Now they have a team of folks who do all that. I'm a member of the modular (mod) team.

2WhiteWolves

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Yes, they call it resetting a modular, that's my primary job. Now they have a team of folks who do all that. I'm a member of the modular (mod) team.
Yea, it has been quite a while back sense working there. Doing that was not fun, but no matter what I am doing, I do my best, while at times cursing, lol.

So, what is it exactly that you do?

Status
Not open for further replies.

VU Sponsors