Become a Patron!

Which VW mods - Preferably 30w or less have buck and boost cicuitry?

DeadShort

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I need something for the wife - small form factor - under 100 dollars - it must have buck and boost for a smooth vape on her small toppers.
There are a lot of individual threads out here for mods, and a lot of them do not talk about the way these devices provide power and are misleading.
What is available ? and where to buy...

Chainvapor

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I believe the istick 30watt would be the best for what you are looking for. Long lasting battery, and plenty of power in a nice small package. Just got my wife one and she loves it!!

Hermit

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Yeah, I can't think of anything else that fits the bill, as long as a removable battery isn't required. It has good (mostly-DC) regulation down to below ego power levels (3V).

(NOT the 20W istick - it's not good with small toppers and low power).

DeadShort

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
so the istick 30 watt has step down buck ic switching ?
she has the 20w model and it just burns her juices up with that pwm device.
I guess that's the down fall of buying something new that didn't have a proper reviewer out there dissecting it when I bought it.
Lessons learned...
Thanks, I'll check this out.

edit: I see P Busardo has it up next in his que of reviews. I'll wait for it....He does a proper dissection.

Pancho_Brown

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
The sigelie 30 watt is a very decent device that actually let's you choose between dc-dc or pwm out put. It is a single 18650 device but really small and not to bad on the price either.

Hermit

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
so the istick 30 watt has step down buck ic switching ?
she has the 20w model and it just burns her juices up with that pwm device.
I guess that's the down fall of buying something new that didn't have a proper reviewer out there dissecting it when I bought it.
Lessons learned...
Thanks, I'll check this out.

edit: I see P Busardo has it up next in his que of reviews. I'll wait for it....He does a proper dissection.

Yep, he'll show some more scope traces and so on. I haven't bothered to post more than the one I did because there isn't much of interest to show - which is a good thing :) I can't think of anyone who would use a device at less than 3V, so it using non-RMS PWM down there is just info for nerds! 3V and above it uses DC-DC. At 3V it outputs slightly high because of some ripple on the output, but still lower than regulated eGo power levels (which aren't very well regulated themselves, but that's another story!). At 4V and up the ripple is gone and it's completely flat DC. (The ripple below 4V isn't noticable when vaping like PWM is, it just throws off the accuracy a little).

In short, it's a good 'un, much improved. I've had all sorts on it... mini protank with stock coil (2.4ohm, 5.5W), Erlkonigin clone (1.2ohm, ~15W), Magma (0.8ohm, ~20W), Delta 2 (0.5ohm, 30W). (Only the Erl worked OK on the 20W istick, out of my toppers).

VU Sponsors