Become a Patron!

Which RTA is ideal for me?

conanthewarrior

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hi people, I am looking to buy a new RTA. My SMOK RSBT2 works OK, but doesn't wick fast enough for me, as I take quite long hits, and also it breaking in the first few days of owning it has put me off a bit.

What alternatives are there? I want a rebuildable that wicks fairly fast, is airy as I now like straight to lung, and doesn't leak. That last part is important. I have around £25, could push to £30 for the best. It does not need to be able to produce huge clouds as its an RTA, but a fair amount is expected.

I am thinking of trying something by Lemo but thought I would get some feedback first, as I bought the SMOK without asking and am not 100% happy with it.

Thanks, Conan.

nabibrian

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I love my Lemo v2.
Next to the Triton so far these have been my best.
Based on personal preference

conanthewarrior

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ok the Lemo V2. How is it when it come to filling? Does it leak at all?

As I am willing to drop the money on it, but I want to actually be able to take it out with me without leakage worries, because if the SMOK is wicked accidently incorectly, juice flows freely out of the air holes and you end up covered in PG/VG(Lucky I don't use nicotine)

EDIT: Is the lemo 2 SS the correct one? As its only £20 so well within budget.

nabibrian

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Lemo v2
So the top fill is awesome on this tank.
It may leak after you fill it up just very slightly.
I noticed after about a week of use, I no longer have any leaks not even after filling.
So, if leaks were/are your worry. Getting the Lemo v2 will rid you of that worry!

conanthewarrior

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Lemo v2
So the top fill is awesome on this tank.
It may leak after you fill it up just very slightly.
I noticed after about a week of use, I no longer have any leaks not even after filling.
So, if leaks were/are your worry. Getting the Lemo v2 will rid you of that worry!
Thank you, that is indeed the model that is called the lemo V2 'SS' I don't know what the SS is, but the specs are the same, as I am in the UK I can't use the US links unfortunately.

Thank you though, I am going to order it in the next half hour or so as I am having something to eat. What is it like building on/putting coils in? I'm not aiming for a super low build, just a genuine tank that is refillable so probably around 1.2, maybe higher.

EDIT DUH, stainless steel lol

Last edited:

nabibrian

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
My guess is that the SS refers to stainless steel.
I find it easy to build on. You should be good to go!

conanthewarrior

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yeah it was stainless steel lol, what a donut I am sometimes! It is ordered and should be with me on Tuesday wooop! I hear the lemos are good for wicking thicker juices, is that true? As I use 70/30 VG/PG home made, I heard it works slightly better for thicker juices than other tanks.

I can't wait! The SMOK RSBT2 was a good device, but the glass tube breaking with out using excess pressure put me off of it. It was a very clean break, and I can still use it as when you screw the top on pressure holds it together, but I was quite annoyed it happened in the first 3 days of having it, I've had my nautilus mini since I really got into vaping and that is pretty tough.

I found the RDA(el cabron clone) and smok RSBT2 easy to put the coils in, and I have had a look at the way the lemo goes together, looks like no trouble at all :), although there is a lot more parts than my RSBT2 lol.

I know the lemo wont be up there with My RDA, but whats taste and cloud output like?

dionysuskiss

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Look into the Cthulhu. I vape max VG with no dry hits. Juice channels are massive. And it capes very close to an RDA. Good price too.

dre

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Goblin mini so far has the most airflow and massive wick channels. Even has a single coil adapter.

Sent from my XT1030 using Tapatalk

conanthewarrior

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Goblin mini so far has the most airflow and massive wick channels. Even has a single coil adapter.

Ahh, this is a bit annoying. I hope the Lemo is still a good tank as I already ordered it, and don't have the money to buy any other recommendations at the moment. Also, did you get yours from gearbest?

And you said it has a single coil adapter? What do you mean by that? I thought If you wanted single coil, you just built one and put one in ( I am still learning a lot here so sorry if thats a silly question).

conanthewarrior

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Look into the Cthulhu. I vape max VG with no dry hits. Juice channels are massive. And it capes very close to an RDA. Good price too.

Again, I bought the Lemo V2 yesterday so I spent my money I had for a tank already. I do have more money, but I want to keep my house lol. If I don't get on with the Lemo V2 I will try a different RDA, I probably will anyway eventually as most people do.

Is it weird that I am sticking to the one device BTW? I only have a sig30, and that satisfies me, I know its not a monster but I like flavour, then clouds. I find with 30 gauge it provides exceptional vapour(for me) I would not need any more power, as I find eveb 30 watts on a good build a bit silly lol.

Do many collect MODS as well?

dre

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Ahh, this is a bit annoying. I hope the Lemo is still a good tank as I already ordered it, and don't have the money to buy any other recommendations at the moment. Also, did you get yours from gearbest?

And you said it has a single coil adapter? What do you mean by that? I thought If you wanted single coil, you just built one and put one in ( I am still learning a lot here so sorry if thats a silly question).
The adapter just plugs the air hole and the wick channels so that noy the one coil is functional.

dionysuskiss

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Again, I bought the Lemo V2 yesterday so I spent my money I had for a tank already. I do have more money, but I want to keep my house lol. If I don't get on with the Lemo V2 I will try a different RDA, I probably will anyway eventually as most people do.

Is it weird that I am sticking to the one device BTW? I only have a sig30, and that satisfies me, I know its not a monster but I like flavour, then clouds. I find with 30 gauge it provides exceptional vapour(for me) I would not need any more power, as I find eveb 30 watts on a good build a bit silly lol.

Do many collect MODS as well?
Many people do, but that's the hobbyist in them. I personally have two vw devices and two mechs and I'm good to go. Toppers and juice are where my shinyitis is the worst. If you like the sig30, that's great, since it works for you. I would recommend however, to get a second one for backup. Shit happens (battery dies, mod get damaged, etc) so backups are a must. If it were me though, I would get a 50w device and use the 30w as the backup. You can still vape at the wattage you're used to, but have a better battery life.

conanthewarrior

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Many people do, but that's the hobbyist in them. I personally have two vw devices and two mechs and I'm good to go. Toppers and juice are where my shinyitis is the worst. If you like the sig30, that's great, since it works for you. I would recommend however, to get a second one for backup. Shit happens (battery dies, mod get damaged, etc) so backups are a must. If it were me though, I would get a 50w device and use the 30w as the backup. You can still vape at the wattage you're used to, but have a better battery life.
I was thinking of getting the 50 W actually, will I really get better battery life? If that is true, I can't order it today( I got payed today but bought my fiancees present for her birthday, and it wasn't cheap) but I can in 2 weeks. I was thinking of letting Cheyenne(fiancee) use the 30 and I have the 50, as she likes the flavours and occasionally uses mine with the nautilus.

She likes the RDA's but they really make her cough, so she is learning to use them by taking one second inhales and building from that.

I have 4 batteries (samsung 25R) so if one dies its not a problem .

Wlll I really get longer battery life? If I will, I am definitely buying it, and it has 20 W of headroom so I will only be using it at arund 50 % power. (30 watts max, usually 25 and under).

conanthewarrior

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Is the sig 50's charging circuit as safe as the 30's? I do have an external charger, but it is much easier to use the built in charger if it is safe. ( I usually use my nitecore, but occasionally use the inbult if I am not at home for example)

If I didn't buy the Lemo V2 yesterday, I could of bought the sig50, but I will do that when I am next payed. I might even be able to get 26 gauge duals firing with the extra wattage. This is going to be the longest month, Waiting for next payday to get a new MOD in 2 weeks, and also September the 2nd MGS:The phantom pain comes out in the UK, finishing the big boss saga.

Last edited:

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
I will add my vote for the Lemo II.

And mine handles a 70/30 VG/PG liquid just fine.

dionysuskiss

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I was thinking of getting the 50 W actually, will I really get better battery life? If that is true, I can't order it today( I got payed today but bought my fiancees present for her birthday, and it wasn't cheap) but I can in 2 weeks. I was thinking of letting Cheyenne(fiancee) use the 30 and I have the 50, as she likes the flavours and occasionally uses mine with the nautilus.

She likes the RDA's but they really make her cough, so she is learning to use them by taking one second inhales and building from that.

I have 4 batteries (samsung 25R) so if one dies its not a problem .

Wlll I really get longer battery life? If I will, I am definitely buying it, and it has 20 W of headroom so I will only be using it at arund 50 % power. (30 watts max, usually 25 and under).
Yes, you will. Not an astonishing amount, but yes. If you are using the same build and wattage settings on the 50w as you did the 30w, you are needing less amperage,Thus longer battery life.

bondo

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Deffinatly get a second mod. The 50w is a great choice and is just as safe as the 30 you run but battery life all comes down to your builds. I've been running both 30 and 50 for awhile now and I've found that using the 50 @ 20w doesn't make the batt last any longer but I believe it doesn't work the chipset as hard. Mah is mah and having an extra 20w of headroom isn't going to change that. What changes the batt life is the power needed to fire the coils.

You run rc heli's right? Well the batt life can be compared to that in a way.
if you run hotter motors your batt life is going to suffer. The same goes for coils. If your coil(s) needs more power to heat up than your batt life will suffer regardless of the mod.

Yes, you will. Not an astonishing amount, but yes. If you are using the same build and wattage settings on the 50w as you did the 30w, you are needing less amperage,Thus longer battery life.

How so?
The build is still going to pull the same amps. I think this is a common misconception. The mod isn't magically reducing the power needed for the coil.

conanthewarrior

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Deffinatly get a second mod. The 50w is a great choice and is just as safe as the 30 you run but battery life all comes down to your builds. I've been running both 30 and 50 for awhile now and I've found that using the 50 @ 20w doesn't make the batt last any longer but I believe it doesn't work the chipset as hard. Mah is mah and having an extra 20w of headroom isn't going to change that. What changes the batt life is the power needed to fire the coils.

if you run hotter motors your batt life is going to suffer. The same goes for coils. If your coil(s) needs more power to heat up than your batt life will suffer regardless of the mod.

How so?
The build is still going to pull the same amps. I think this is a common misconception. The mod isn't magically reducing the power needed for the coil.

A few years ago I got into RC helis for a few months, I still own one, but I'm not as 'into it' as I once was. I used to fly everyday, now maybe monthly.

I guess it gives me headroom like you say, and doesn't push the mod to its maximum all the time (although that is OK to do isn't it? I have been told it is I am sure).

In 2 weeks I will order the Sig50 as a second unit, and I can give my 30 to my fiancee as she enjoys vaping but is using my old crappy ego style batteries and tank, she likes it but occasionally uses mine, I think she wil really like that along with the watch for her Birthday, and an upgrade is never a bad thing for me :). Going to go slow these 2 weeks knowing I am buying another mod though lol. It runs on one 18650 right?

bondo

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yup, the 50w is still a single 18650 and you can run them up to the max W all day and they'll be fine.

Deffinatly go slow with it man. There's no need to break the bank with this stuff even though the temptation is there.
keep an eye on the classifieds though.
once you have a couple ADV'S that do the trick you can set aside a small monthly vape budget and score some pretty good gear through the "hardware" section.
I started off spending a good bit but now most of my new gear comes from trades.

dionysuskiss

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year

How so?
Maybe I used the wrong term word. But it does give more headroom. I have noticed personally that the same build and wattage does last a little longer on the 50w. Less than half a day's worth.

Het

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I was very impressed with my old style, 'original' Lemo,so I purchased a lemo 2. Very disappointed in this model. Mine will not wick my homemade 75/25 juice. I'll get a few 'hits' then nothing but burnt, dry hits. I think the decent hits I'm getting is the juice that I prime it with. I drilled out the juice holes, and it has been fine for a couple of days, but I still think it's a poorly made, piece of shit. Mine arrived with a broken glass, razor sharp edges, extremely shitty threads, and a few other dislikes. Multiple emails to eleaf went unanswered, but the vendor did supply me with a new glass when I emailed them. I found a vendor with the original Lemos still in stock, soI purchased two of themfor $19.99 each. As much as I hated giving eleaf any more of my money, I think the original Lemo is the tank that best suits my needs. I also have a subtank that I've been trying to use for a couple months, but I'm not bonding with it at all.

richardward77

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have the lemo , lemo drop and lemo v2 and love all 3 but my lemo v2 is my fave wicks great get great flavour and is easy to fill and I think is better quality than the other two lemos just my opinion.

Sent from my ST23i using Tapatalk

Rommel

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I like the KF4. Mouth to lung all day long, easy to fill, easy to work with and everything is just outstanding. Build quality is something i've never seen before, everything is machined to perfection in a hermetically sealed factory. Im one happy camper now. Of course you dont get any clouds or such, but if you can't be bothered with it, buy a Kayfun 4. Second hand these can be had for as little as 70-80$.

VU Sponsors