Become a Patron!

Which RDA should I use for the Desire Rage?

ColdDayInHell

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
My Rage will be coming tomorrow and I don't know which would run the best.

I don't mind dripping my Drop , sitting on my Wismec RX Gen3.

I also have a Recurve and Armageddon Redemption.

I'm leaning toward the Redemption. ( I just realized it doesn't come with a squonk pin. Damn it.)

What are your thoughts?

Thanks again, this is a great community!

bx10r

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
If that's the case and your dripping on the drop.. try its bf pin on the redemption. I use multiple rdas on mine. Find that .25 and above work best. Below that get my mod too warm. If not the drop is a hell of a squonker rda.. occasionally rotate that too

Sent from a very cloudy room

Last edited:

ColdDayInHell

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
If that's the case and your dripping on the drop.. try its bf pin on the redemption. I use multiple rdas on mine. Find that .25 and above work best. Below that get my mod too warm. If not the drop is a hell of a squonker rda.. occasionally rotate that too

Most of my builds are .26-.3 :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ColdDayInHell

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
And the other question is, do I have to disassemble the entire RDA or just the pin. I really don’t feel like doing all that after work.

ColdDayInHell

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
After a long , hot day, that went smoother than I thought. The DROP pin was easy to replace. What a beautiful mod (sadly even prettier than my Cylon).

First squonk so I don’t have anything to compare it to but the bottle is soft. After I filled it 80% of the way I threaded the top on, squeezed the side , not realizing I got it all over the Fucking couch. LMAO.

Couldn’t be happier. What a tank.

1ca7d4b6435125d32b9bc17224f5aa36.jpg

bdbf9c18f1424882ed3aa228724a7c63.jpg

ColdDayInHell

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
One thing I had trouble with is that the juice wasn’t filling that well because the cotton was in the way. So I dug in there with a dental stick and moved it around the pin. Next time I’ll just use a tiny bit less cotton.

Can cotton get sucked back into the bottle ?

Is this real life ?

ColdDayInHell

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Worked?

Like a charm.

I love the Drop so much that I bought a black one last night , $15.99.

For the price, they work so well and are super easy to build on. I do like the Redemption , but the Drop wins in flavor IMHO.

bx10r

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Like a charm.

I love the Drop so much that I bought a black one last night , $15.99.

For the price, they work so well and are super easy to build on. I do like the Redemption , but the Drop wins in flavor IMHO.

I have a blue... Good vape for sure

ColdDayInHell

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Red looks better in pictures.

Also , How the hell do i get a better hit , lower wattage , with a squonk mod? I was at 84w with the wismec RX gen3, and I get a nice hard hit with this at 76-78w.

I know it’s not that much, but on the Wismec if I dropped to 76w I’d get a significant drop in flavor.

Dual coil, triple core AVS 30/38g 3.5ID 7 wrap

.26ohm.

Either way, AMAZING.

Madd Hatter

Member For 4 Years
Just got into squonking and have loved the Rage with the BTFC RDA. I must confess I am a big fan of bottom airflow. IMG_20180907_234557.jpg

Madd Hatter

Member For 4 Years
I have found on combo that I use I will do 2 almost full presses when on my pulse 80 with recurve I will do one 3/4 press.

ColdDayInHell

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have found on combo that I use I will do 2 almost full presses when on my pulse 80 with recurve I will do one 3/4 press.

Combo?

And thanks.

The pulse has my attention as I want something , single battery, for my Recurve. But I hate buying mods. It seems like I buy one monthly.

Madd Hatter

Member For 4 Years
Sorry. By combo I meant the Rage and BTFC mentioned in my previous post. The Rage just has a stiffer bottle.

ColdDayInHell

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Sorry. By combo I meant the Rage and BTFC mentioned in my previous post. The Rage just has a stiffer bottle.
Does it? Like I said, first one, so I have no idea. I usually squeeze twice. Works excellent. Are the Gen2 bottles softer or something? I'm going to order one just to have a spare. But which color? How the hell do you know how much is left with the Blue/Purple one? LOL

Madd Hatter

Member For 4 Years
The pulse and the recurve is a great combo. The price looks good. My only con on the pulse is the battery life but I just keep spares .If you enjoy a single coil like the recurve I don't think you will be disappointed.

ColdDayInHell

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The pulse and the recurve is a great combo. The price looks good. My only con on the pulse is the battery life but I just keep spares .If you enjoy a single coil like the recurve I don't think you will be disappointed.
I was so hesitant to get a single coil RDA. I figured the flavor would suck. NOPE.

I mostly use my Drop and Redemption.

I do love the recurve for its size paired with the AL85, hopefully this isn't much heavier.

DonBaldy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I've used my drops almost exclusively as single coils. Have a drop on the pulse 80w and a recurve in the Rage.

ColdDayInHell

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I've used my drops almost exclusively as single coils. Have a drop on the pulse 80w and a recurve in the Rage.

Interesting. I have my second drop in my mailbox at home. I might try as a single coil since it’s just a back up.

ColdDayInHell

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Completely de-railing my own thread here, but I might try coils that have been sitting around too long. I just got the Black DROP in the mail and am thinking of using slightly beefier coils in it , but I'll probably regret it.

OG2hHwW.jpg

AVS QUAD CORE FUSED CLAPTON 30GX4/40G / 4.0MM / 6

I forget why I stopped using them. I strictly run AVS Triple Core 30GX3/38G / 3.5MM / 7

I usually get around .25ohm on my Drop + Redemption.

edit : I stopped using those because they are 0.353Ώ. I do have a RX GEN3 sitting around but that would go through a lot of juice.

I found these too : FUSED CLAPTON COILS 316L SS 28GX2/40G - 3.5MM / 7 (0.427Ώ)

I'll use those.

Last edited:

PoppaVic

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hard to tell if the hair or the tats are worse. Oh well, maybe Darwin will intervene.

I fail to see how "wire", let alone "coils" go "bad" sitting around in a dust/grease-free container.

On the gripping-hand, I've never found any variant of 'clapton' superior to Just Plain Wire.. All I ever see is "More Power, Cap'n!" and they foul and die easier.

DonBaldy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Interesting. I have my second drop in my mailbox at home. I might try as a single coil since it’s just a back up.

I pit the coil into the posts on one side as if I were doing a dual set up but bend it down to where it sits in between the posts

ColdDayInHell

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hard to tell if the hair or the tats are worse. Oh well, maybe Darwin will intervene.

I fail to see how "wire", let alone "coils" go "bad" sitting around in a dust/grease-free container.

On the gripping-hand, I've never found any variant of 'clapton' superior to Just Plain Wire.. All I ever see is "More Power, Cap'n!" and they foul and die easier.
I didn't mean it like that, I had them sealed in the AVS plastic tins they ship in. I just have built up a supply of them and always go to the Triple Core ones because they just work just as I want them to.

ColdDayInHell

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I pit the coil into the posts on one side as if I were doing a dual set up but bend it down to where it sits in between the posts
Yeah, that's how I'd do it too. I would never use the Recurve on the Rage, I'm just a glutton for dual coil setups. The Drop on the Pulse does sound pretty cool though (if I ran it single coil) .

Like this but single coil, right ? Except it would be bent dead center. And what coil do you use ?

f0a05b8f42348b1f5cb580f60d29d413.jpg

bx10r

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
U can go pos and neg on each side to run a single on the drop...kind of like i did on the dropdead. Or even better...go from under like my drop
dacce679fd9a212271b52496e97b65db.jpg

DonBaldy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yeah, that's how I'd do it too. I would never use the Recurve on the Rage, I'm just a glutton for dual coil setups. The Drop on the Pulse does sound pretty cool though (if I ran it single coil) .

Like this but single coil, right ? Except it would be bent dead center. And what coil do you use ?

f0a05b8f42348b1f5cb580f60d29d413.jpg

Mostly AVS tri core fused claptons 38x3/36g. But I'm slowly moving to rolling my own as I get better with the Daedalus. The home rolled ones are fused claptons 3 and 4 core 26x3 or 4/38g wrap.

DonBaldy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
U can go pos and neg on each side to run a single on the drop...kind of like i did on the dropdead. Or even better...go from under like my drop
dacce679fd9a212271b52496e97b65db.jpg

That's way too complex for my simple brain and mechanical dexterity. I go from the top LOL That does look awesome though.

ColdDayInHell

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
That's way too complex for my simple brain and mechanical dexterity. I go from the top LOL That does look awesome though.

Sadly I work on my Wrangler a lot. Not engine work but lights / speakers/ amplifiers / practically anything. I’ve only got 22,000 miles on it so I haven’t needed much maintenance. I can also build computers and work on guns so this type stuff is easy for me once I understand it.

Life would be much simpler if I was lazy.

Anyways what the hell kind of coil is that, frames staple alien?

bx10r

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Sadly I work on my Wrangler a lot. Not engine work but lights / speakers/ amplifiers / practically anything. I’ve only got 22,000 miles on it so I haven’t needed much maintenance. I can also build computers and work on guns so this type stuff is easy for me once I understand it.

Life would be much simpler if I was lazy.

Anyways what the hell kind of coil is that, frames staple alien?

I beleive so...buddy of mine made em for me

ColdDayInHell

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Even though I have my first Drop, Redemption, and Recurve all in use... I still had to unbox and build the new black Drop with Fused Claptons.

Came out awesome, looks great on the Silver RX GEN3 which was a bitch to track down. But, I've never seen hot spots like this before. Standby for video.

a7b51e8ca55c615561052225b4ae2683.jpg

40cd63b2ca242f82d9094bda004258da.jpg

bx10r

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Even though I have my first Drop, Redemption, and Recurve all in use... I still had to unbox and build the new black Drop with Fused Claptons.

Came out awesome, looks great on the Silver RX GEN3 which was a bitch to track down. But, I've never seen hot spots like this before. Standby for video.

a7b51e8ca55c615561052225b4ae2683.jpg

40cd63b2ca242f82d9094bda004258da.jpg

Pinch and strum...

VU Sponsors