Become a Patron!

Which mod to buy???

Garemlin

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I was all set to order an AR clone until I saw this pop up on FB a few hours ago. It is a clone of the Paragon carbon fiber mod.

1_original.jpg

Paragon mod clone
- 22mm diameter
- carbon fiber cover so it wont get hot and pure copper underneath
- Copper contacts
- recessed magnet switch

Now I can't decide. I like edgy mods like the Panzer, Sparta and AR. But I love the look and feel of a carbon fiber mod after playing with the JR Mods Worker 22.

Which one should I go with???

Paragon clone or

AR Clone

img_1391.jpg

Alan Woltemath

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
why not get both, doesn't hurt to have a backup and they are both sweet looking mods.

db3

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
That Paragon is sexy... Who is selling it, if you don't mind? This - "recessed magnet switch" - makes a difference to me, if it works well. So, anyway, out of those two, I'd choose the Paragon, but that is mostly bc I don't like the style of the AR and read/saw a poor review of it somewhere saying it was smaller than the original and the connection is screwy (sorry, don't have any more info than that).

Garemlin

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
That Paragon is sexy... Who is selling it, if you don't mind? This - "recessed magnet switch" - makes a difference to me, if it works well. So, anyway, out of those two, I'd choose the Paragon, but that is mostly bc I don't like the style of the AR and read/saw a poor review of it somewhere saying it was smaller than the original and the connection is screwy (sorry, don't have any more info than that).

Good to know on the AR. I was not sure because of the size. I had a Tesla and it looks very similar in size.

As far as the Paragon they are available for pre-order here. Only a limited number are available.

Paragon mod 18650 copper

Reactions: db3

Garemlin

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
both look good, I like the Paragon a little more tho. it has a nice clean finish and the AR will allow lots of dirt into the batt.

That was a consideration too. As well as the size. The AR
looks to be the same size as the Tesla. Which was a little big for my liking.

Tap'd from my LG G2

Angel Cigs

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Lol, I just stopped by and saw our AR mod pictures. Very nice. Have you decided yet? I agree with Alan, why not get both?

Cloudy Peak Vapes

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Good call, based solely on appearances at least. Now I want one damnit! Lol. My vaping budget is spent and then some., though. Need some new batts, and always need juice, so even 35 is a no go. Please do report back on the paragon, I am very interested. Copper, and a recessed magnet switch tics my boxes. Enjoy once it arrives!

Garemlin

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Good call, based solely on appearances at least. Now I want one damnit! Lol. My vaping budget is spent and then some., though. Need some new batts, and always need juice, so even 35 is a no go. Please do report back on the paragon, I am very interested. Copper, and a recessed magnet switch tics my boxes. Enjoy once it arrives!

Will do. The carbon fiber, recessed and magnetic button and floating 510 pin were all selling points for me. Not a fan of copper and would have much preferred ss. But I will live with it.

Cloudy Peak Vapes

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I didn't notice the floating 510. I prefer that right now, too. I have to make adjustments for certain batteries on my Akuma clone, but my floating stingrays eliminate that. It is nice to be able to adjust how flush your atty sits, though.

Spike64

Vapemail Stalker
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Good choice...based solely on appearance the Paragon is a very nice looking mod...the AR, not so much...at least to me...

Garemlin

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I didn't notice the floating 510. I prefer that right now, too. I have to make adjustments for certain batteries on my Akuma clone, but my floating stingrays eliminate that. It is nice to be able to adjust how flush your atty sits, though.

I messaged the seller and asked him about the floating pin. He said it was a full floating pin.

Tap'd from my LG G2

doghead

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Good choice...based solely on appearance the Paragon is a very nice looking mod...the AR, not so much...at least to me...
No offense to anyone, but I think the AR is ugly! And I normally like a little ugly. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Spike64

Vapemail Stalker
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
No offense to anyone, but I think the AR is ugly! And I normally like a little ugly. :)

Everyone's taste is different...some people go gaga over mods I find downright fugly, but hey, that's why its good that there's a wide variety of mods to choose from...there's something for everyone...

doghead

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
^^^ I'm not trying to pick a fight here, but disagree. At least in what's mass produced, I find there's very little variety. At least on aesthetics. A Hana isn't much different than an MVP, and a nemesis isn't much different than a stingray. (I know, I know, performance is another thing)
I'm just one who loves seeing things like this:ImageUploadedByTapatalk1404349756.318623.jpg
Those make me happy just to look at, because they're so artistic. But I'm not saying function doesn't matter.... I don't know what I'm sayin. Beers are kicking in after a long day of work, so I will shut up now.
But a tube is a tube and a box is a box, too many, to me, seem so sterile...

StrappedKaos

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I am also looking at getting another Paragon, I have a 18650 authentic and love the carbon fiber. From an owner I will add my 2 cents-
The first is the spring for button is way to soft so I upgraded to another to fix issue but some may like it super soft, might be diff. On the clone.
The second is that the positive pin is full float but has the ability to screw out like a chiyou does, so head of the floating pin can be adjusted if needed.
The third is that because of the positive pin none of my attys would allow un gapped fitment, the pin is 2mm to long which many had the same issue.
The authentic has brass positive and negative pins/contacts, so it had a weak link. I had to smelt my own from silver to fix issue since the maker did ignore me for over 2 months so I fixed that issue.
The clone says its copper contacts so that will probably fix the pin issues, I worry about the true carbon fiber body as it says 22mm and wondering why not 23mm and if it is infact real as I dont want a wrap or fake.
If this clone turns out to be real then im all on it so I dont ruin my authentic while out and about. Hope this info helps someone.

Garemlin

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I am also looking at getting another Paragon, I have a 18650 authentic and love the carbon fiber. From an owner I will add my 2 cents-
The first is the spring for button is way to soft so I upgraded to another to fix issue but some may like it super soft, might be diff. On the clone.
The second is that the positive pin is full float but has the ability to screw out like a chiyou does, so head of the floating pin can be adjusted if needed.
The third is that because of the positive pin none of my attys would allow un gapped fitment, the pin is 2mm to long which many had the same issue.
The authentic has brass positive and negative pins/contacts, so it had a weak link. I had to smelt my own from silver to fix issue since the maker did ignore me for over 2 months so I fixed that issue.
The clone says its copper contacts so that will probably fix the pin issues, I worry about the true carbon fiber body as it says 22mm and wondering why not 23mm and if it is infact real as I dont want a wrap or fake.
If this clone turns out to be real then im all on it so I dont ruin my authentic while out and about. Hope this info helps someone.

The clone is supposed to have a magnetic switch and the body is supposed to be full carbon fiber coated. Not a decorative wrap. The same as the real one. The real deal is real carbon fiber over copper. All of this remains to be seen as mine is on pre-order.

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Good to know on the AR. I was not sure because of the size. I had a Tesla and it looks very similar in size.

As far as the Paragon they are available for pre-order here. Only a limited number are available.

Paragon mod 18650 copper

That is pretty sweeet. :D

You could always get a cheap copper clone and Jwrap it too. ;-)

Garemlin

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Ah, no worries.

I have a nice SS/Brass JM22 clone that I like a lot, so I empathize.

Ahh so there are clones of other JM Mods. Maybe there is hope for a JM22 Worker clone. If they can do the Paragon I imagine they can do the Worker.

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
^^^ I'm not trying to pick a fight here, but disagree. At least in what's mass produced, I find there's very little variety. At least on aesthetics. A Hana isn't much different than an MVP, and a nemesis isn't much different than a stingray. (I know, I know, performance is another thing)
I'm just one who loves seeing things like this:View attachment 919
Those make me happy just to look at, because they're so artistic. But I'm not saying function doesn't matter.... I don't know what I'm sayin. Beers are kicking in after a long day of work, so I will shut up now.
But a tube is a tube and a box is a box, too many, to me, seem so sterile...

Those are really quite beautiful mods in the photo.

Do you have a link to where they can be purchased?

StrappedKaos

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Please let me know if the clone paragon is infact real carbon, I could get wrap and do my mods but I have an issue with personally having a carbon wrap lol. since my last two cars were carbon queens I just prefer the look and feel of real carbon over a wrap. But if in fact it is a real layed carbon im on it, the magnet might fix the soft button issue I had with mine before I just inserted a brass spring cut to the right rate and tension. looks promising, I considered the JM and the delanie mod but both had issues. the delanie was able to use chi-you top and bottom cap since I have one I was trying to buy just the tube but delanie himself was not very helpful so I decided against it.

Garemlin

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Please let me know if the clone paragon is infact real carbon, I could get wrap and do my mods but I have an issue with personally having a carbon wrap lol. since my last two cars were carbon queens I just prefer the look and feel of real carbon over a wrap. But if in fact it is a real layed carbon im on it, the magnet might fix the soft button issue I had with mine before I just inserted a brass spring cut to the right rate and tension. looks promising, I considered the JM and the delanie mod but both had issues. the delanie was able to use chi-you top and bottom cap since I have one I was trying to buy just the tube but delanie himself was not very helpful so I decided against it.

It looks to be real carbon fiber. I am no expert for sure. But I can tell you it is not a wrap. I see no seams. This one also is better quality than the one on FT. It has a vent hole for the battery and has an insulator on the switch.

10544317_919324048094306_6262250699787020816_n.jpg

10517970_919324018094309_7070058006140357628_n.jpg

10492192_919324034760974_7015969348523187498_n.jpg

10467004_919324074760970_4808351705762073955_o.jpg

StrappedKaos

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
You kind sir are the man! I am Placing my order tonight as I would love to be able to bring it outside without the fear of destroying a mod in my collection. I have work horses and this will be a daily for me with alot less of the price tag then what I paid for the original... Plus I hand made a prototype positive pin out of hollow copper and 99.5% silver core so I have some extra parts for it also.

StrappedKaos

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Its been purchased, again I appreciate the heads up on it. Just didn't want a wrapped version like fasttech. Plus ray the owner of vapor district has been quick to respond and very informative. I will post pictures of my silver prototype positive pin incase you want to see how to do it. I smelter silver blocks from online and poured into the copper mold I made. I flared pure copper tube and sanded to fit my delrin. Then just sanded the silver as my main issue with the original was I always had a gap on a top/bottom cap since the positive pin is a little to long.

StrappedKaos

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Jwraps have you came out with the clear wrap for the paragon yet? I never had a chance to take you all up on offer of sending it in but if clone mics out to same as the authentic I will definitely send it to you all.

StrappedKaos

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
So I just wanted to follow up with everyone. .
I will start from the top-
I was in contact with ray from vapor district and from the start he was quick to respond/helpful/honest/a pleasure to deal with.
I chatted with him and decided to give the paragon clone a go. I placed an order after 5pm eastern time and he shipped next day as he said he would.
The package came in just under two days from order being placed. Was packaged nicely and all a round get customer service.
I did have a couple issues, it was nothing that he could have prevented and was again quick to respond. I will name the issues but it is not a direct reflection on him just a slight issue with the 510 and the button.
(He has already offered to replace and told me no problem)
In detail the tapping of 510 is a little tight but it is fixable and will most likely be fine.
The other issue is the bottom button to negative pin was tapped at a slight angle, might cause an issue later on in life.
I want to be clear it is not his fault and is doing everything to make it right, thats a great way to run a company. I want that to be known!
On to the review lol
Same thread tube to cap so if I could find an extra set I could use an authentic or buy spare sets incase.
The outside is darn close in looks if not almost perfect clone. The main difference is the positive and negative pins are not swappable with authentic so I will have to make new silver pins for it, but not an issue in my eyes.
I do believe it is real carbon fiber also, if not way to close to tell and 99% looks the same as my authentic.
I would rate on scale 1-10 with 10 being the best-
Company all around- 10
Mod looks- 9.5
Mods performance- 9.5
Mods fitment- 8
Again not the stores fault, for a clone it is a damn good one, I will rebuttal if I have to send back and report about it. I bet it will be a flawless exchange if needed.
Ok slightly long winded, but thanks again to op for the great find.

Garemlin

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
@StrappedKaos Glad you like it but sorry you had issues. Ray is great and very easy to work with. I have had my Paragon for several days now and love it. I don't have huge experience with mech mods but this is my favorite of all that I have tried. The only issue I had is nothing would fit flush. I had my doubts as to whether the 510 pin was floating. I contacted Ray and he said he had the same issue. he said to force the threading. I did and it loosened the 510 pin. Now I can adjust it depending on the topper. I may spray a tiny bit of WD-40 to make it move a little easier. This isn't an isolated issue with this clone. I have had two other mech clones with the same issue.

And just and FYI: Ray currently has a pre-order going for a Rose Red version of the Paragon. And I have talked to him about getting a blue version or a clone of the Paragon midnight edition. Which is carbon fiber with black ends.

StrappedKaos

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
He did tell me the 510 issue was an easy fix but I have not done it yet, Was considering using my tap to clean threads. THe button being off is the reason I might get an exchange. Besides that its a damn good clone and glad I found it here.

StrappedKaos

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
So another follow up-
I used a tap to clean the 510 connection as it was great just turned out to be dirty. Works wonderful with all my attys.
The off centered button tap is still a little off obviously but does not affect it just bothers whem I see it.
Follow up to vapor district after everything said and done-
I was talking to ray and he said he would replace it no questions asked, I told him to let me keep for a couple days and to make a decision. He said no problem just let him know and he will take care of it.
I guess its been over two weeks and I get a message from ray, just following up and letting me know he is wanting to make sure I am happy with it and to just shoot the shit. I said sure but if he runs across a complete top/bottom cap I would buy it. He said nonsense its on the way as he ordered an extra fore when he made the last order.... seriously vape shops and companies, listen and adapt. I did not this good of service from authentic companies at 4x price I payed for this, damn good guy amd went out of his way to make me happy. Bravo good sir, bravo!

VU Sponsors