Become a Patron!

Which mod is best for SUB OHM

Cheechmachine506

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Hey guys curious what your opinions are on which mods are best for sub ohm vaping. I posting in the mechanical forum because i have heard mechanical vaps are pretty good for sub ohm vaping so i was unsure where to post. What are your opinions on the best mod (vv/vw or mech) for sub ohm vaping and what should i look for?

Eric DeCastro

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
nemesis, stingray are my two favorites. but any good mechanical mod would work well sub ohming. I'm sure there are a lot of opinions on different devices, but it's all a matter of preference. how you like the switch recessed or not, reverse locking ring, no locking ring, floating center pin, adjustable center pin, hybrid connector. for me the stingray fits all of my needs. now I just need a better clone to make everything perfect, I'm giong to try the stingray X next.

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
If you want lowest voltage drop go copper mod with copper contacts.

tanya

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I have a nemesis clone that I got copper contacts for and I cant use the darn thing. The fire button gets hot fast I use a nimbus at around .19 .21 way to low I know and im sure thats why it gets hot, but dont have that issue with my panzer.

OB61887

Am I saying meow?
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I love my angel cigs singray. Just ordered a Manhattan for the magnetic button.

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
8xjHf40.png

All of these

90quattrocoupe

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
SS vs Brass vs Copper. You can see some voltage tests run by a reliable source, here.

http://vapefaction.com/forums/showthread.php?142-Mod-Voltage-Tests

As an example, the BCV mods the XXIX, brass and SS surfriders, are all built exactly the same way. If you look at this page, you will see the difference in the voltage drops for SS, brass and copper. If you are not kidding, how do you back up what you say.

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
I will only go with copper (Except for my ELA obviously)....my next wooden box has all copper contacts and is a fully mechanical box with dual 18650's.

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I will only go with copper (Except for my ELA obviously)....my next wooden box has all copper contacts and is a fully mechanical box with dual 18650's.
I myself am a copper freak. I really would think that the best Mod would be Gold or superconducting..
maybe I can freeze all my gear down to superconductor freeze your mod off levl. However, I do not have any liquid nitrogen or can I afford a pure gold mod but that would rock until I dropped it and bent it so bad I would have to melt it down and remold it into a Steely Dan but a gold one..

Trick no treat

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
SS vs Brass vs Copper. You can see some voltage tests run by a reliable source, here.

http://vapefaction.com/forums/showthread.php?142-Mod-Voltage-Tests

As an example, the BCV mods the XXIX, brass and SS surfriders, are all built exactly the same way. If you look at this page, you will see the difference in the voltage drops for SS, brass and copper. If you are not kidding, how do you back up what you say.
Gold I wanna gold one.. to compare I have done my own comparisons since I have them all and I aint tellin no one.. cause I do tricks on them scientific thingyys that improve current flow. I myself am more interested in the loss of volts at the atomizer level I just do not care to get out my multimeter to test each RDA,RBA,RTA and the derivatives of each to find which is the mosty lossy onesy :)

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
I myself am a copper freak. I really would think that the best Mod would be Gold or superconducting..
maybe I can freeze all my gear down to superconductor freeze your mod off levl. However, I do not have any liquid nitrogen or can I afford a pure gold mod but that would rock until I dropped it and bent it so bad I would have to melt it down and remold it into a Steely Dan but a gold one..

Trick no treat
You gave yourself away as being British....only a Brit would know what that means! Naughty you!

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
You gave yourself away as being British....only a Brit would know what that means! Naughty you!
I am part British only Musicians and Brits know. on my Moms side we are British and Irish Dads side British and Indian.. I do want to come visit Britain again its been 10 years
haha :)

fq06

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Depends on what sub-ohming means to you. For me, 0.3 is about as low as I like to go with an RDA that has high air flow. Magma or origin, more like 0.5.
But both of those setups are sub... 1.0ohm.

If you're not trying to run down to 0.2 or 0.1 or even 0.05, you don't necessarily need to go with a copper mod. Copper takes more maintenance than stainless and even brass.

Since I don't push the outer limits, I like running stainless mods. Aesthetics and less polishing... stainless with a hybrid top cap and no lock rings to forget recessed magnetic button is what I run.

SMPL or surfrider would be my suggestion. Stainless as long as you are not looking to vape a hot, throat hit, super duper cloud setup. Not my thing, but that's some people's nirvana. Copper if you are (XXIX for BCV copper).
All depends on the demands you are going to put on it... some people just like the look of copper too.

I haven't gotten into the vv/vw device's yet, franciscan is very knowledgeable on that one... they are just recently getting to the wattage I would feel comfortable with its capabilities so I am looking into that now (not saying I would run 100+ watts, but I like to stay well below max limits of anything).

Last edited:

Draino

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Gold I wanna gold one.. to compare I have done my own comparisons since I have them all and I aint tellin no one.. cause I do tricks on them scientific thingyys that improve current flow. I myself am more interested in the loss of volts at the atomizer level I just do not care to get out my multimeter to test each RDA,RBA,RTA and the derivatives of each to find which is the mosty lossy onesy :)

pretty sure copper is a better conductor than gold, and silver beats them both

but gold never tarnishes--i wish we saw gold plated contacts a whole lot more.

90quattrocoupe

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
But if you have to clean the copper mod anyway, it does not take any longer to clean the contacts. If the threads are dirty, it won't make a difference if your contacts are clean.

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
pretty sure copper is a better conductor than gold, and silver beats them both

but gold never tarnishes--i wish we saw gold plated contacts a whole lot more.
hahaha Copper is a better conductor than Gold hahaha Ohhh my god

Draino

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
But if you have to clean the copper mod anyway, it does not take any longer to clean the contacts. If the threads are dirty, it won't make a difference if your contacts are clean.

i'm lazy and use an old carto to spin my mods in the drill and polish with some triple 0 steel wool, threads and all

the 510 is a bitch to clean

OB61887

Am I saying meow?
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Can I have a husky? Or at least a photo of a husky?

Kenneth98

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I like mech mod. like the mech sense

Cheechmachine506

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
hahaha Copper is a better conductor than Gold hahaha Ohhh my god
Copper actually is a far better conductor than gold. I am and electrician and depending on how many valence electrons (outer ring of atom) they have depends on how easily they conduct (the easier the less resistance the less heat) the top four conductors are as follows in this exact order: silver, copper, aluminum than gold. Gold is Nice but not the best conductor.

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Copper actually is a far better conductor than gold. I am and electrician and depending on how many valence electrons (outer ring of atom) they have depends on how easily they conduct (the easier the less resistance the less heat) the top four conductors are as follows in this exact order: silver, copper, aluminum than gold. Gold is Nice but not the best conductor.
Gotcha

VU Sponsors