Become a Patron!

Which is the best version of the Melo tank?

Countrypami

The Link Ninja
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Vendor Employee
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
I'm thinking about getting one because I want another tank that uses the Atlantis coils.
IYO, Which is the best version of the Melo tank?

philbh

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
The only one that I have tried is the 300 and it is pretty damn good. I run it at about 120 watts and it doesn't even get hot unless I am chain vaping

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
The only tanks ive used on that coil system were the eclipse from science of vaping and the beyond vape silo beast.
I found the silo beast had much more airflow, and the option to get a shorter tank for it and carry either 5ml or 2.5ml( if memory serves). The eclipse had drastically less airflow but with the higher ohm coils, it had just a tad more flavor.

Raymcconn

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I have used a melo 2 for a short time. It was given to me when I started to vape. I haven't used it in a while. I bought a super tank mini that uses the same coils and enjoy it more. Also the coil life was a little longer. I was getting 5 to 7 days at a max on a coil with the melo 2.

Puff

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have the Melo lll tanks and love them with Aspire coils, they have 2 sizes and I have both and no complaints.

Sent from my LG-V930 using Tapatalk

Angrygod50

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Just to add to the confusion I don't have the 3 but the 2 works well with the Aspire EVO coils. I wonder what the difference is between the 2 and 3?

Countrypami

The Link Ninja
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Vendor Employee
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
The 3 is top fill.

Puff

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Top fill is a nice feature. It is very simple which is what I like , I have 2 Pico Mod . Melo lll kits for a year, at first used the Eleaf Melo coils and they were ok but I was not super impressed switched to the. Atlantis coils and it was a new Ball Game. I think if you choose the Melo lll you will enjoy them, At the time of purchase I also bought Replacement Tanks for my 2 ml and 4 ml and Atlantis coils are everywhere If you catch a nice sale you can stock up, It is very reasonable to operate these sub tanks. I think its a deal . I recently bought a RBA Head for the Atlantis/ Melo lll just in case The FDA flips out. Have Fun Shopping.

Sent from my LG-V930 using Tapatalk

Countrypami

The Link Ninja
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Vendor Employee
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
I'm leaning towards the 3 just for the top fill.

Puff

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I also have a Lemo the Melo lll is a better system because of the top fill tank. Both made by eleaf.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

DebbieNY

Member For 4 Years
I've used the V1, the V2, &the V3 and, IMO, the Melo V2 has the best flavor and my favorite top-fill method (same as the Lemo V2).

SnapDragon NY

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
I have used a melo 2 for a short time. It was given to me when I started to vape. I haven't used it in a while. I bought a super tank mini that uses the same coils and enjoy it more. Also the coil life was a little longer. I was getting 5 to 7 days at a max on a coil with the melo 2.
I have the Melo 3 mini( came with the Pico) and I like the Tobeco Super Tank Mini so much more! Both use the Atlantis type coils, I actually like the Tobeco Coils(.5Ω) as much as the Atlantis and they are cheaper.
I hate the air flow control on the Melo 3, can't tell if its full open, closed and find a sweet spot with it! When you refill the tank and screw down the top it affects the airflow, sometimes shuts it off, seems like I am always playing around with that tank!
The Tobeco STM on the other hand has an excellent air flow control, just love the vape of this tank!
The only problem I had with the Tobeco STM was getting the tank apart for the 1st time- yikes- it felt super glued on! Had to watch a you tube video on it!
Put the tank on a beater mod- slid the tool they give you with the tank and twist hard! After I got it apart I lubed the orings with some eliquid and have no problems getting it apart anymore! They only way to change the coil is to use that tool to get the bottom off!
I have the Atlantis Evo(extended) tank and it comes apart like the Tobeco- I like that tank too and it uses the Atlantis, Tobeco, Eleaf Melo coils too.

wally

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I have all the melo's and they all vape close to the same. The melo 2 has a nice filling feature and holds more juice than the three. But as far as melo's go they get the job done and well at that. You can pic this rta for melo's 2 and up for less than 4 dollars at sweet vapes.

Attachments

• melo2rba001.png
    melo2rba001.png
    83.7 KB · Views: 9

Countrypami

The Link Ninja
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Vendor Employee
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
I ended picking up 2 of the 3's over Memorial weekend. We'll see how they do. I got a black and a rainbow :)

ChrisL

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I like the fact that the Melo 300 can use TFV8 coils and costs half the price of the cloud beast. Solid tank for under 20 bucks.

Countrypami

The Link Ninja
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Vendor Employee
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
I like the fact that the Melo 300 can use TFV8 coils and costs half the price of the cloud beast. Solid tank for under 20 bucks.
Yeah... I've heard good things about the 300. But I was looking for one I could use my Atlantis coils in.

ChrisL

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yeah... I've heard good things about the 300. But I was looking for one I could use my Atlantis coils in.
+1 for the Tobeco Supertank Mini. Tobeco coils last a couple weeks. Great color choices too.

VU Sponsors