Become a Patron!

Which epoxy do you prefer?

Yiffel

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
What epoxy do you guys use for your builds? Does it even matter? If you guys know of any economic ways of purchasing said epoxy, please list :D

outwest

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Yeah, its like a stronger more heat resistant version of glue and it comes in two tubes that you mix together.
Yeah, but I still don't get why you'd use epoxy when building your electronic cigarette heating element and wick. You take your kanthal or nickel wire, coil it, check resistance with ohm meter, screw it onto the deck, check resistance level again and test fire, put wick inside the coil, prime the wick with eliquid, screw the rest of the parts together, and vape. Where's the glue go? Unless you're talking about making your own mod. . .

Last edited:

bwent

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I can't tell if he is serious. need my coffee

outwest

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I can't tell if he is serious. need my coffee
Ditto. Or maybe trying to rebuild an old-school 901 or 510 cig-a-like atomizer? If that's the case, you don't rebuild those; they're so cheap that you just buy another. Or, better yet, upgrade to an RBA or RDA. Need more caffeine too

Yiffel

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Yeah I was talking about building my own mod. Maybe this is in the wrong section. when I read builders thread I assumed it was talking about ALL building not just coil building. If that's the case, then sorry.

outwest

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Yeah I was talking about building my own mod. Maybe this is in the wrong section. when I read builders thread I assumed it was talking about ALL building not just coil building. If that's the case, then sorry.
'K, that maes more sense :)

I haven't built mods, but have used a variety of glues in work, for gluing a variety of items, including metals. For things like stone and such, and gluing non-like materials together, 2-part epoxy can't be beat.

Breazy_Com

Excellence In Service
VU Vendor
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Devcon makes good epoxies along with JB weld. But doesn't epoxy melt under high temps?

Kent B Marshall

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
The JB epoxy I used withstands 550 degrees. Never had any problems.

Breazy_Com

Excellence In Service
VU Vendor
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thanks Kent. I've used epoxy in some hot situations and it got soft. But yeah I think some of the JB weld stuff does withstand higher heat

VU Sponsors