Become a Patron!

Which 22mm RTA is the champion in 2017?

ttatlanta

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
What would you recommend for DL vapers this year? It has to be 22mm, single coil (preferably) and leakproof. I'm quite familiar with 24+mm landscape, but 22s (other than Kayfuns) are terra incognita.

ben73

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
SR v4 RTA , jfc 5ml 2 metal tanks 1 pc tank Included on fasttech 20usd , has option of mtl if wanted single coil , or the SRv3 .
Then the Coppervapes hussar RTA single coil versions another great RTA , or
, Taifun GTv3,
Or the Spica RTA which looks very nice but no clones out , and only sold in Turkey at moment

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

ttatlanta

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
SR v4 RTA , jfc 5ml 2 metal tanks 1 pc tank Included on fasttech 20usd , has option of mtl if wanted single coil , or the SRv3 .
Then the Coppervapes hussar RTA single coil versions another great RTA , or
, Taifun GTv3,
Or the Spica RTA which looks very nice but no clones out , and only sold in Turkey at moment
If I'm not mistaken, all of what you've described are Kayfun derivatives. Is there anything more, um, innovative? Something with a dual airflow, for example, like the iJoy EXO but in 22mm? Or top/side airflow like the Enhine Nano (again, in 22)?…

ben73

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
There not many now in 22mm , if you never tried the TAifun GT v3 it to me an many others is a lot better than Kfv5 , so are the others ,
The hussar is a fantastic vape theres threads on them all forums of several hundreds pages , 24 mm plus seems to be the new 22mm , for single coil builds its 23mm an the ones listed earlier unless you want to go with say a Squape x rta an such and other expensive supposedly higher end / priced tanks

ben73

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Theres also the rose ve , and hurricane v2 which comes with 3 optional decks/ airflow holes ,

Mikhail Naumov

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Unlisted Vendor
Considering 22mm devices are seemingly going extinct, 2017 may be the easiest year to call this.

It's way too early to call for me, plus I own.. two.. 22mm devices. The Hobo Drifter RDA is my favorite 22mm device at the moment and I THINK it was released this year. Not 100% sure. RTA's is even harder, I don't think I own any 22mm RTA's released this year other than the White Bone Mini and I'm not its biggest fan.

Synphul

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The original ammit is 22mm single coil and dual airflow (3d airflow). It's not leakproof though, kind of have to find a wicking sweet spot between too much and choking off wicking or too little and leaking. I've found the scottish roll wick method to work better more often than straight wicking.

Rickajho

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Considering 22mm devices are seemingly going extinct, 2017 may be the easiest year to call this.

I'm not so sure about that, especially in context of how many new 20, 18 and even 14 mm attys I've seen turn up even in the last month. Not sure on what basis you would consider 22 mm's to be going extinct then.

Debbiej

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ditto.......seems the smaller chamber gives more flavor. I got a Hussar clone and it perfect for whatever. MTL or DL. I've got a .16 build, hitting around 60 watts. Tons of flavor, plus clouds out the ass, no problem with wicking either. I was totally surprised. The Rose3 is still tops for my type of vape.
THE RTA? Clouds or flavor? Didn't care for toodle puffers but after I ordered a Kayfun5 and it changed my vape style. It has a small chamber, delivers quite a warm dense vape.
All the ones ^^^^^ mentioned are excellent. Hurricane v2 and the junior, Taifun 3 is great. I'm going to look at the Spica(?) now. Have been wanting a Squape, super bad. I hear good things

Last edited:

Mikhail Naumov

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Unlisted Vendor
I'm not so sure about that, especially in context of how many new 20, 18 and even 14 mm attys I've seen turn up even in the last month. Not sure on what basis you would consider 22 mm's to be going extinct then.

The rise of the 24mm+ atomizer. Just because I see a few 22mm's and 18mm's release doesn't mean that larger atomizers haven't pushed them into the dust. I'd say a solid 75% of new atomizers released from late 2015 onward have been over 22mm in diameter. If not more.

Also the no name RDA/RTA's that turn up and die out before 100 people even own them I do not really count as they never truly become anything. You see lots of those every month. Then the next they're gone.

The 22mm Aromamizer V2 is fucking awesome. It's everything the V1 should've been. Too bad the Supreme overshadowed the hell out of it.

Also the whole smaller chamber = more flavor thing ONLY APPLIES if you build on the smaller side. Huge coils in a huge chamber will taste like small coils in a small chamber. That's just physics, and with the average wattage of mods steadily increasing, coils are getting bigger. I.E., so are atomizers.

THAT is why 22mm atomziers are going extinct, I didn't mean it literally, they'll always be around, but the same phrasing has been used for tube mods and nobody questions that. Yeah they still exist, but only at about 5% of the frequency they used to. Atomizers below 24mm are being grouped into that as well now. Bigger wins in a lot of cases, bigger tanks means a larger capacity, more build space / larger coil heads, bigger clouds. This is what excites most vapers, so it's what sells.

You can say what you want about the tiny little mods aimed at MtL vapers and starters, but the vast majority of enthusiast vapers are rocking 200-250W+ mods with 24-25mm+ atomizers. That's not something you can contest currently. I'm speaking of averages, not what you personally may use. I vape 4S lipo PWM mods that could double as fucking spot welders and use 40mm atomizers, but I know MOST people these days do not do that.. nor have they ever really. I'm a bit of a unicorn.

Last edited:

Mikhail Naumov

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Unlisted Vendor
DL atty with 2 or even 2.5ml capacity basically means "enough for a trip to the store and maybe back". As our president would've tweeted… Sad!

For build space, the OG 22mm Avocado is a nice option.

ben73

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
There the fev (ser) V4 or v3 also there supposed to be good an 22-23mm , origen 22 little , ,

ben73

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ditto.......seems the smaller chamber gives more flavor. I got a Hussar clone and it perfect for whatever. MTL or DL. I've got a .16 build, hitting around 60 watts. Tons of flavor, plus clouds out the ass, no problem with wicking either. I was totally surprised. The Rose3 is still tops for my type of vape.
THE RTA? Clouds or flavor? Didn't care for toodle puffers but after I ordered a Kayfun5 and it changed my vape style. It has a small chamber, delivers quite a warm dense vape.
All the ones ^^^^^ mentioned are excellent. Hurricane v2 and the junior, Taifun 3 is great. I'm going to look at the Spica(?) now. Have been wanting a Squape, super bad. I hear good things
The spica RTA by sirius mods looks a sweet RTA 3mm and has everything a Taifun an such has but better implementation , just isnt cheap over 110€ but looks worth it , along with it currently only on sake ib Turkey via bank transfer is why its not gone main stream that and the Skyline rta are 2 id like to get hold of , but never in stock either , new BT Taifun looks nice , larger mesh coil with almost a full cotton ball as a wick can hit up 80w plus its like no other Taifun ,

Hussar single coil here ,
found a very interesting good in Gearbest:Coppervape Hs RTA https://gearbest.app.link/srhMtV981C

Last edited:

ben73

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Taifun gt v3 mini , a decent RTA 2.5ml capacity on mini 5ml on full size , single cpil deck can fit thin Claptons an such , found a very interesting good in Gearbest:Coppervape TG III MINI RTA 316SS https://gearbest.app.link/QYxKDJq91C

ben73

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Coppervapes UT RTA , can make several different types rtas in different sizes capacity an ss or pc tanks , found a very interesting good in Gearbest:Coppervape UT V2 304 Stainless Steel RTA Clear Transparent Tank Kit https://gearbest.app.link/MYHQdFH91C

ben73

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Supreme lite , comes with 5ml and 2ml tank sizes this is a fantastic RTA , i own all the steam Crave Supreme lines have several of the plus 30mm an 25mm , also 23mm lites , found a very interesting good in Gearbest:Original Steam Crave 2ml Supreme Lite RDTA https://gearbest.app.link/4GivHIla2C

Also the Aromamiser v2 rta 23mm comes with dual coil rta base setup , or can buy coils for single or dual coil pre made ,includes a dual deck 2 pre made cpils an Tshirt found a very interesting good in Gearbest:Original Steam Crave Aromamizer RDTA V2 Anniversary Limited Edition - 6ml https://gearbest.app.link/gyrSeKya2C

ben73

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The Morph rta fits Cpils from 3 or 4 other subohm tanks as well as Including the parts for almost 3 different tank chimney setups and RBA,s Included this is one versitile tanks found a very interesting good in Gearbest:Original EHPRO Morph Tank Atomizer RBA with 3 Adaptors https://gearbest.app.link/ZbNjJ31a2C

da_whomp

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
For the 22mm rdas I can't get enough of my Hadley from Psyclone Mods. Same company makes the Kryten rda. But the Hadley is a single coil flavor monster. I seriously use it to taste and try juices because it gives that most dense and flavorful vape. But use t to drop very regularly. Still in my queue for sure.
Also in my arsenal is the DOGE3, phenotype-L, Alliancev2 by Vapergate and SOI 22mm rda. The Sub Ohm Innovations 22mm rda is prob right up there with the Hadley but it's also got a deck for dual coils which the Hadley isn't really designed for. But the DOG3 is another great rda with a nice build deck. If there was a multiple choice question on what's my fav. I would pick D. All the above. Hope I threw some rdas you haven't got yet. Good luck man.

ttatlanta

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year

Ryedan

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
My fave right now is the SXK Rose V3. I've pretty much settled on 27 gauge SS316 at .65 ohms running at around 20 watts. The main body of the atty is pretty close to 22mm, but the air flow ring measures 22.6 if that makes a difference to anyone. Holds about 4ml with the SS sleeve and using TC means I don't have to worry about a burnt hit if I don't refill in time. I consider it a restricted lung hitter which is good for me.

It's got the best combination of flavor and TH I've found so far for me. Once I figured out how to best wick it it has not leaked once and I keep it in my pocket all day at work on a Pico 75. It's also very easy to shut down the juice flow control on the fly which makes it basically leak proof.

I've got another one coming :)

ben73

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
My fave right now is the SXK Rose V3. I've pretty much settled on 27 gauge SS316 at .65 ohms running at around 20 watts. The main body of the atty is pretty close to 22mm, but the air flow ring measures 22.6 if that makes a difference to anyone. Holds about 4ml with the SS sleeve and using TC means I don't have to worry about a burnt hit if I don't refill in time. I consider it a restricted lung hitter which is good for me.

It's got the best combination of flavor and TH I've found so far for me. Once I figured out how to best wick it it has not leaked once and I keep it in my pocket all day at work on a Pico 75. It's also very easy to shut down the juice flow control on the fly which makes it basically leak proof.

I've got another one coming :)
Not tried with the rose RTA yet
Have you tried the Coppervapes hussar RTA single coil deck version , Coppervapes is the only one with single deck all others are dual , its a nice tank has reducer pins for MTL ,
Also SRv4 RTA im using daily has a nano kit with MTL available elsewhere ,
I have 2 of each of these one with standard airflow pin and second setup MTL , both are great both at 20usd on fasttech.
Then theres Taifun GTv3 an mini , love them too ,

Just seen new Taifun BT mesh setup , Clone out by Shenray will ship in start of June 2017.

danzac

Member For 4 Years
I have many rta's on my stands and place them one by one out of rotation when I get a better one.
Currently in the front runner,
For flavor chasing you can't beat the Augvape Merlin Mini single coil.
The capacity is only 2ml though but easy to top fill.
Comes with 2 decks, single and dual. Some slight cons like all rta's,
but not deal breakers.

Last edited:

ben73

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have many rta's on my stands and place them one by one out of rotation when I get a better one.
Currently in the front runner,
For flavor chasing you can't beat the Augvape Merlin Mini single coil.
The capacity is only 2ml though but easy to top fill.
Comes with 2 decks, single and dual. Some slight cons like all rta's,
but not deal breakers.
I like the Ijoy EXo over the Merlin mini , have option single cpil deck ,dual coil deck 2ml or 6ml ,
Big clouds ,big Flavours
Airflow like The Ammit style side and bottom on coil, .
But mostly use the Taifun GTv3 , Srv4 RTA , and Hussar RTA , Hurricane RTA, , all 22-23mm 5ml capacity single coil Flavour tanks
Then when want more power dual coils I use , the Steam Craves i
I have 2 of each ,
V2 Aromamiser 23mm
Supreme lite , 23mm
Supreme 25mm
Supreme plus 30mm
9af9dd123dbca4b5691fb824f68df0e7.jpg
63a3d0af75f519937b79220f7ff3356e.jpg

Chainvapor

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I must say, if you are looking for a really nice 22mm single coil RTA with great airflow, look no further than the AMMIT RTA. It is my favorite single coil RTA to date. Great airflow, pretty easy wicking, no leaking. I run mine on a tube mech mod with a fused clapton running around 0.3ohms and it gives me a really nice consistent vape.

Happy Vaping!
CV :)

Mike H.

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Smok TFV4 with a single coil build deck works well for me personally...Plenty of air flow and capacity..Also the Smok TF-RTA with a single coil build deck works well.

If you want a restrictive DL then the Taifun GT3 does it for me...i havent tried the SXK mini version yet but im sure flavor is even better...The mini is on my list of future purchases...The kayfun V5 is nice also but it is more restrictive air flow wise than the Taifun gt3.

Ryedan

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Not tried with the rose RTA yet
Have you tried the Coppervapes hussar RTA single coil deck version , Coppervapes is the only one with single deck all others are dual , its a nice tank has reducer pins for MTL ,
Also SRv4 RTA im using daily has a nano kit with MTL available elsewhere ,
I have 2 of each of these one with standard airflow pin and second setup MTL , both are great both at 20usd on fasttech.
Then theres Taifun GTv3 an mini , love them too ,

Just seen new Taifun BT mesh setup , Clone out by Shenray will ship in start of June 2017.

I had my eye on the Coppervapes Hussar, but got a great deal on a Taifun GTv3 before I bought it. Should be here soon. I've also got the second Rose coming. Right now I'm planing on not buying anything else this year unless something new come along that really interests me. At least that's the plan :wait:

Chainvapor

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
What would you recommend for DL vapers this year? It has to be 22mm, single coil (preferably) and leakproof. I'm quite familiar with 24+mm landscape, but 22s (other than Kayfuns) are terra incognita.

Check out a review of the AMMIT RTA here.

Debbiej

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I like this thread. Seems that most on here like the open chuff cloud blowing attys. it's refreshing to see someone with similar taste. I didn't wanna order clones, but couldn't get the real thing. Always sold out, or way outta my price range. Been pleased with the sjmy, sxk clones. I haven't had a problem with their o rings either. My next purchase will be the Squape dream. The Taifun BT does look intriguing though

drugarth

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I'm going with the Goblin mini V3 although it was released in 2016......still my number one (ok that or the Bellus) 22mm RTA...
single and dual coil deck, 2 and 4 ml options, cheap, great taste, easy to build...winner in my book

Lactone

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Great thread! Cool to see not everyone on this forum is clouds bro clouds lol.....us restricted lung hitters gotta stick together ! So let's dive in! Someone mentioned the Rose ? Thing is supposedly amazing , but it's close to 200 bucks....plus I hear the newer ROSE3 is nothing bUT huge improvements all across the board....pbsardo has a great review on both I believe. But as for me.....here it goes ttatlanta......I will give you my recommendations , thoughts, and detail, only because I remember you from one of my threads and I loved your input....heh

So far for me this year it has to be the envii Artisan . Single coil, postless deck, with HUGE wick holes, allowing for some of, if not THE BEST and most efficient wicking on any RTA I've ever used. Seemingly any amount of cotton wick works , the thing is just so forgiving when it comes to wicking , unlike SO maNY other RTAs which have to be JUST right to get optimal wicking efficiency and flavor....Speaking of flavor..... And then there's the flavor....this low profile 22mm RTA has the richest flavor, sporting DENSE clouds of vapor that just chuck with ease . Sight restricted airflow , even full open, but respectable vapor production. I vape it at about 3/4 open, and the draw is just perfect for me. It is bottom airflow , direct under the coil in the deck, with dual adjustable airflow slots on the bottom AFC. It is a fairly new , still somewhat beneath the radar company. They make an amazing dual 18650 mod as well, the loch ness. Black rubberized finish that feels just oh so good in the hand, better feeling grip and comfort than any other mod I've ever held. Loving the crap out of this company so far. The Artisan retails for $46, however I managed to find a shop online that had (and still has) it in stock for $35. It comes in black, stainless, aND a rose gold. Give it a go.

Edit: can't believe I almost forgot! The Aug vape Merlin Mini is a BEAST! Most versatile RTA of all time , hands down. Does DL, MTL, and restricted lung, each done amazingly well. It has small adapters for the airflow hole in the deck, different sizes available , which reduce the amount of airflow you get. You can also use no adapter, providing a nice wide open airflow for clouds bro clouds DL hits. Single and Dual coil decks add to the versatility . And the flavor on this little low profile guy rivals the aforementioned envii Artisan . A solid little banger that comes highly recommended ! No vape budget hands needed, can be purchased for under $40 shipped.

Honorable mention goes to Wotofo Serpent mini. My only gripe is the capacity. I swear it's less than 2 mL, maybe 1.75, but the flavor is right up there with the kayfuns and my other 2 favs I mentioned.

For build space, the OG 22mm Avocado is a nice option.
See my avatar? Yeah. My all time favorite atty overall. Too many reasons to list.....

Last edited:

EarnestAccord

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Oh, I wasn't asking about new releases. If some "classic" outshines any recent release, name it!

Enormous (for a single coil 22mm) build space, lots of airflow… and 2ml capacity?
Oh in that case,these are minis which are only 2-3ml, but their flavor pop! I even recently bought a Hadaly RDA Clone and it's not even out performing these gems.

Wotofo, Conqueror Mini
Inokin, Axiom

ben73

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hussar is a great Flavourful RTA,
Been rocking a couple for a few months along with Fev V4 another underrated RDTA, Flavours are excellent from the Flash e Vapour v4, also been using Skyline RTA a lot with the cleito bubble glass tank installed for 5.5ml capacity im awaiting the Cloud one V3 rta in post along with ST steam tuners clone using the exo from Billet box as its single coil deck ,
Just setup an been using the E motion latest Squape RTA with the w deck similar to Reload , will try B deck when figure out how to remove deck without scratching them ,
My single coil rta Collection is slowly growing , along with my single cell mods , slowly
c9035513ee89908a48dff8007a471616.jpg
c08b7434592de24a87437d1aa8f01402.jpg

TrashCat

Member For 4 Years
Glad someone mentioned the Envii Artisan! But why all the love for the Merlin mini instead of the regular Merlin? Isn't it the same deck but with larger capacity?

ben73

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Glad someone mentioned the Envii Artisan! But why all the love for the Merlin mini instead of the regular Merlin? Isn't it the same deck but with larger capacity?

Press fit on Original merlin mean it weeps as time goes by , one of my favourite has to be Taifun GTv3 RTA 23mm an the mini Gtv3 its such a easy build an return is great Flavourful vape,

I also like single coil deck on the Squape X dream but many prefere the Reload over the X ,

The SRV4 Vapor Giant V4 mini clone is also a great option another easy build ,

But MTL the fev v4 is probably one of my favourites unusual can build big coil small or use mesh coil has a good mtl even without a plug an like sucking a pea through a straw on the smallest plug, but the Flavours of juice is excellent for me, .

Aling with the Hussar , theres a few new ones coming out Beserker RTA has my attention ,

Im awaiting an order for ST rta which uses the billet box rebuild deck in it
Along with a Cloudone V3 RTA
Then think I will leave the buying for a while had enough for time being

Just setup the B deck on Squape E motion which is just basically a GTV3 deck ,
797a0fad36245d752e9258dcfbb1fc5f.jpg

Squape E , X, R, GTV3mini Hussar , Skyline and GTV3 at top , thats all i can hold out the ones i posted earlier all single coil all 22-23mm

David Wolf

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Why limit this to DL? Your title doesn't say that. I'll put up the Animodz Doggystyle 2K16 MTL 22 mm, 3.5 ml tank up against all comers, and the SXK Doggy Styled clone is a winner, best MTL RBA tank I've had in over three years of vaping. Easy to build deck with big screws, easy to wick, great flavor, no leaks, perfect for a compact setup sitting on a Pico, 105 mm from bottom to drip tip top.
My KF V2+, V3's, and V5 are now sitting on the bench.

DL'rs can only WISH they had a tank like this ;)
If you DL restricted lung, you might want to look into the SMJY doggy style clone, it has a slightly larger air hole through the deck. MTL'ers who don't like an airy draw need to go with the SXK (I have one, and 4 more on the way from FT). The Pico below is brushed gunmetal, my favorite, I have two, running Arctic Fox firmware, 316L SS, 28 AWG, 6 spaced wraps 0.6 ohm coils, vaping diy NET extracts with nic salts nicotine at 11 to 12 W or 380-400 deg F in TC mode for the smoothest tobacco flavor ever.

IMG_1082-S.JPG

Last edited:

Ryedan

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hussar is a great Flavourful RTA,

I've been looking at the Hussar RTA for a while now. How would you rate its TH compared to other rtas in its class? I know the build really counts for this, but wondering what you think. My faves right now are UTA2 and Rose V3.

ben73

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hussar is simple to build , Flavours are top notch , Theres a few sizes , SS , PC tank in 5.7ml different tops caps and a nice sized micro tank avalible for it , along with a few Airflow pins for DTL or MTL or tighter MTL vaping around great tank definitely worth picking up especially the single coil Version , its much better than the dual more room to build , better centered airflow ect ,
Looks good vapes even better than it looks.
Skyline RTA is also nice but hussar is easier to reach better Flavours , Skyline can match it but takes more adjusting ,
2f2f7cfd1de930dc8ab0ea22d8e622fb.jpg

ben73

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Why limit this to DL? Your title doesn't say that. I'll put up the Animodz Doggystyle 2K16 MTL 22 mm, 3.5 ml tank up against all comers, and the SXK Doggy Styled clone is a winner, best MTL RBA tank I've had in over three years of vaping. Easy to build deck with big screws, easy to wick, great flavor, no leaks, perfect for a compact setup sitting on a Pico, 105 mm from bottom to drip tip top.
My KF V2+, V3's, and V5 are now sitting on the bench.

DL'rs can only WISH they had a tank like this ;)
If you DL restricted lung, you might want to look into the SMJY doggy style clone, it has a slightly larger air hole through the deck. MTL'ers who don't like an airy draw need to go with the SXK (I have one, and 4 more on the way from FT). The Pico below is brushed gunmetal, my favorite, I have two, running Arctic Fox firmware, 316L SS, 28 AWG, 6 spaced wraps 0.6 ohm coils, vaping diy NET extracts with nic salts nicotine at 11 to 12 W or 380-400 deg F in TC mode for the smoothest tobacco flavor ever.

View attachment 90235
Got a Doggy style too, there nice but very small deck , similar size to pico ,

Im also Liking the Be deck on Squape E motion without Airflow plug similar to TF GTV3, build , and Flavours

VU Sponsors