Become a Patron!

Which 18650

EdATX

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Benn out for a while and looking tiostart back up. My Sony and Samsung batteriesare old now and time for new ones. Be doing sub-ohm .3 to .5 in my Smok X Cube II. Whats the goto battery everyone uses now?

Thanks.

IMFire3605

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Benn out for a while and looking tiostart back up. My Sony and Samsung batteriesare old now and time for new ones. Be doing sub-ohm .3 to .5 in my Smok X Cube II. Whats the goto battery everyone uses now?

Thanks.

Depends on what watts you will be running at, so to give a general idea of the top 3 by category

20amp (110 watts and below on that XCube, or 55watts per battery) - Samsung 30Q 3000mah, alternates Sony VTC6 3000mah or LG HG2 3000mah, with the usual suspects, the Samsung 25R 2500mah, LG HE2, HE4 2500mah, Sony VTC5 2600mah, and Sony VTC4 2100mah
25amp (140watts and below or 70watts per battery) - Sony VTC5A 2500mah, alternates LG HD2, HD2C, or HD4 2000 to 2200mah
30amp (170watts and below or 85watts per battery) - LG HB2, HB4, or HB6 1500mah, no other alternates these are the only 30amps on the market at the moment

@pescadore
MXJOs, really??? Re-wraps that are B and C bin quality and have false amp ratings, really??? A company that doesn't make their own batteries, really????

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Vaping at 110 watts with two Samsung 30Q batteries in that XCube is doable, but not recommended by me. Because, at those 110 watts with two 18650 batteries in a regulated mod, you'd still be better off going for two Sony VTC5A batteries [instead of two Samsung 30Q batteries] so not only it depends on what watts you will be running at, but also it depends on who you ask... that is, except of course if the vape performance doesn't matter to you.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Depends on what watts you will be running at, so to give a general idea of the top 3 by category

20amp (110 watts and below on that XCube, or 55watts per battery) - Samsung 30Q 3000mah, alternates Sony VTC6 3000mah or LG HG2 3000mah, with the usual suspects, the Samsung 25R 2500mah, LG HE2, HE4 2500mah, Sony VTC5 2600mah, and Sony VTC4 2100mah
25amp (140watts and below or 70watts per battery) - Sony VTC5A 2500mah, alternates LG HD2, HD2C, or HD4 2000 to 2200mah
30amp (170watts and below or 85watts per battery) - LG HB2, HB4, or HB6 1500mah, no other alternates these are the only 30amps on the market at the moment

@pescadore
MXJOs, really??? Re-wraps that are B and C bin quality and have false amp ratings, really??? A company that doesn't make their own batteries, really????
This!
Might as well get a 50 amp AWT 18650 LOL.\
Mine and Mooch's recommendation is to NOT buy AWT.
Actually I would buy NO re-wrap.

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
This!
Might as well get a 50 amp AWT 18650 LOL.\
Mine and Mooch's recommendation is to NOT buy AWT.
Actually I would buy NO re-wrap.
Rewraps for me are perfectly fine only if Mooch says they are. In the case of 18650 batteries, there simply is no need to go for rewraps because, typically, they will be more expensive and either perform the same or perform like maybe one or two percent worse than the original manufacturers' batteries that are available both widely and at fair pricings. That in fact is what Mooch himself has explained in a video interview on YouTube. Specifically what that means is I buy the iJoy 20700 and 26650 batteries knowing I can trust them, but buy them only because, currently, the Sanyo NCR20700A is not available to me, whereas the iJoy 26650 is hands down the best 26650 battery of them all for vaping as it outperforms any and all other 26650 batteries by a gargantuan margin. Mooch said he thinks the iJoy 20700 battery is manufactured by Panasonic (Tesla/Molicel) because this battery has the same four legged top that Panasonic typically uses. But I happen to know the shrinkwrap on these has the exact same feel and thickness as that of the old Panasonic AA-size NiCd rechargeable batteries I used to have (more than 15 years ago). These wraps have two vertical seams. No other battery manufacturer I know uses this particular style of wrapping. Further, it reads 'CELL FROM JAPAN'. In Japan, there's Sony and there's Panasonic. So I'm willing to bet both shoes on that it is a Panny. And a crazy good Panny at that. Albeit in the 20 - 25 amp 18650 battery ballpark, Mooch's tests have shown the VTC6 (20 amps) and the VTC5A (25 amps) are sitting on top of the world right now so it knocks me unconscious why so many people are choosing second best. My guess it's just because a sucker gets born every minute.

Last edited:

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Rewraps for me are perfectly fine only if Mooch says they are. In the case of 18650 batteries, there simply is no need to go for rewraps because, typically, they will be more expensive and either perform the same or perform like maybe one or two percent worse than the original manufacturers' batteries that are available both widely and at fair pricings. That in fact is what Mooch himself has explained in a video interview on YouTube. Specifically what that means is I buy the iJoy 20700 and 26650 batteries knowing I can trust them, but buy them only because, currently, the Samsung INR20700A is not available to me, whereas the iJoy 26650 is hands down the best 26650 battery of them all for vaping as it outperforms any and all other 26650 batteries by a gargantuan margin. Mooch said he thinks the iJoy 20700 battery is manufactured by Panasonic (Tesla/Molicel) because this battery has the same four legged top that Panasonic typically uses. But I happen to know the shrinkwrap on these has the exact same feel and thickness as that of the old Panasonic AA-size NiCd rechargeable batteries I used to have (more than 15 years ago). These wraps have two vertical seams. No other battery manufacturer I know uses this particular style of wrapping. Further, it reads 'CELL FROM JAPAN'. In Japan, there's Sony and there's Panasonic. So I'm willing to bet both shoes on that it is a Panny. And a crazy good Panny at that. Albeit in the 20 - 25 amp 18650 battery ballpark, Mooch's tests have shown the VTC6 (20 amps) and the VTC5A (25 amps) are sitting on top of the world right now so it knocks me unconscious why so many people are choosing second best. My guess it's just because a sucker gets born every minute.

One BIG problems with rewraps even if the one Mooch tested was ok is that you never know when they will change what is inside the same wrapper.
Mooch has seen this happen multiple times.

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
One BIG problems with rewraps even if the one Mooch tested was ok is that you never know when they will change what is inside the same wrapper.
Mooch has seen this happen multiple times.
True. But in the case of both the 20700 and the 26650, there quite simply aren't any alternatives, and, whether you want to believe it or not, they both are game changers performance-wise because, sometimes, bigger really is better. :D

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
True. But in the case of both the 20700 and the 26650, there quite simply aren't any alternatives, and, whether you want to believe it or not, they both are game changers performance-wise because, sometimes, bigger really is better. :D
Game changers for some.
Not interested for myself.
Bigger heavier mod for 20-30% more runtime?
Buy new mods and batteries?
Naah happy with 18650's.

I am waiting on a mooch approved 40 amp 6000 mah 18350.

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Game changers for some.
Not interested for myself.
Bigger heavier mod for 20-30% more runtime?
Buy new mods and batteries?
Naah happy with 18650's.

I am waiting on a mooch approved 40 amp 6000 mah 18350.
Game changers for many who, like me, like to have their cake and eat it too. I love the VTC5A battery, and love it a lot, BUT...
I also totally enjoy having different options:

the 99.jpg purple.jpg XXX.jpg

VU Sponsors