Become a Patron!

Where do you buy your wire????

88ArDeN88

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hello VU friends,

I am wondering where you all buy your wire? My local vape shop carries, NI80, Kanthal, and SS316L, but they don't have anything over 30g. I'm looking for some 36g NI80 and some higher guage SS316L to build my claptons with and start trying to build other coils. I have some 28G ni80 and it's still producing too thick of a coil. I'm looking on coil master site but they don't go over 30g.

HELP!

midknight420

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Check out kbee wires and for ss316l, advanced vape supply. Both great places.

Sent from my LGMP450 using Tapatalk

midknight420

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Dude, you da man! I was just about to check out at coilmaster and I just got 3x the wire for less money at kbeevapes!!!!
I'm glad I could help. If you don't see a wire size on the site, make sure to call them. That happened to me and the did have it. They didn't realize it wasn't there and they added it to my order. Good people :)

88ArDeN88

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
300? Thats it? Lol

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
LOL. 300 ft might only last me a couple years. I know I should've gone bigger. Also, they do have wire size. I bought 26g SS316L and 36G as well then some 36G Ni80 all in 100ft.

88ArDeN88

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm glad I could help. If you don't see a wire size on the site, make sure to call them. That happened to me and the did have it. They didn't realize it wasn't there and they added it to my order. Good people :)

I misunderstood you. Yah I found everything I needed right away. Thanks. I have been trying to build some fused claptons and they are coming out looking great, but they are thick as all hell because I'm using straight 28g Ni80 for the cores and wraps. Then everywhere I was looking only had up to 30G and I knew that wouldn't solve my problem.

obijuan77

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Yes, KB wire is very cheap. Some ppl report dirty wire, but me personally, I have not had any problems.

Kidney Puncher also sells high quality wire.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Lightning vapes.
  • 1x Stainless Steel 316L Round Wire - 26 AWG / 250' for $7.85 each
Subtotal : $7.85 USD

Shipping : $2.79 USD

Total : $10.64 USD

midknight420

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm glad I could help. Happy building bud. I can wait to get more wire myself, so I can build more.

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Check out kbee wires and for ss316l, advanced vape supply. Both great places.

KBee sucks balls, it's shitwire

I stick with vendors that use real Sandvik wire, my go to are
  • Kidney Puncher
  • Atomizer Wick
  • Temco

The_hat_trix

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Stealthvape is one of the best and it's cheap 500meter of 36g is 19,90GB its equal to 1500ft. Starting from 40g it's 1000meters for 19,90GB 3000ft so it's quite cheap and they have a lot of options.

jwill

The Great King of Nothing
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
+1 for Temco. Sometimes you can find spools of it for cheap from reputable vendors by googling around.

jwill

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
If you really want to save on Temco, google around for 1 pound spools of your gauge.

jwill

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
1LB? 100 ft lasted me over 2 years...

Happens. I buy my 22, 20 and 40g NI80 by the lb. Maybe I am a special case because I am constantly switching things out and toss my coils weekly but that seems to be the best bargain. This usually last me a couple of years per lb.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Happens. I buy my 22, 20 and 40g NI80 by the lb. Maybe I am a special case because I am constantly switching things out and toss my coils weekly but that seems to be the best bargain. This usually last me a couple of years per lb.
I only do round wire coils too so not much wire used.
round wire coils are so much easier to clean well too.

88ArDeN88

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I NEVER burn and clean my coils anymore. I find that when I've done it they just deteriorate much quicker on the second go around and forget about the 3rd. Wire is so cheap that I'd rather just make a new coil and toss it in there.

midknight420

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I've never had any problems from kbee. Wire was always good. Ordered more than once from them. I'veheard the stories after posting my Vape Mail from them on here, but I can only speak from personal experience.

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I've never had any problems from kbee. Wire was always good. Ordered more than once from them. I'veheard the stories after posting my Vape Mail from them on here, but I can only speak from personal experience.

I used to use it for my practice wire, it didn't hold nor was as good as real Sandvik wire but hell used it for practice wire. Well a batch I ordered directly from them was insanely filthy, not just dust from sitting in stock but filth from manufacturing. I contacted KBee directly and they just basically told me to fuck off.

For the cost, seriously just get Temco for it's genuine Sandvik, I do prefer Kidney Puncher and Atomizer Wick for my SS (both genuine Sandvik) because IMO they're tempered better but Temco is still authentic Sandvik for a very good price.

Last edited:

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I've purchased direct from Temco, and Temco through Amazon. Can't remember which I did first, but was free shipping. Might have been for convenience sake from Amazon, to pad another purchase.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have used the Bee brand, Lightning vapes and some UD. tossed the UD the others were fine.
currently have maybe 10 yrs worth of wire. Not buying any more soon ;)

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
This: jacobs-online.biz

Dude has limited alloys/gauges, but it is ALWAYS clean and exceptionally well spooled Sandvik wire. I've purchased over 100,000 feet (yes, one hundred THOUSAND) and have NEVER had a single problem with any of the wire.
Seriously the cost of genuine Sandvik wire from a good source I really don't see why one would go with Shitwire.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

jwill

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
This: jacobs-online.biz

Dude has limited alloys/gauges, but it is ALWAYS clean and exceptionally well spooled Sandvik wire. I've purchased over 100,000 feet (yes, one hundred THOUSAND) and have NEVER had a single problem with any of the wire.

This is awesome. Many thanks Chef.

Synphul

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I would try temco but unfortunately their gauges appear somewhat limited. They often cap out around 30-32ga. For higher gauges like 38ga I've had decent luck with coil society or lightning vapes. I was under the impression the only sandvik wire that temco had was their kanthal, maybe it applies to the others as well. Hopefully quality remains, sandvik sold out to zap ag last summer.

I'm a bit surprised that cleaning and pulsing coils has done them in after just a couple cleanings. Pulsing too high maybe? Whether simple round wire coils or fused claptons I clean them fairly often. Usually every 2-3 days when they get rewicked and I've had my fused claptons last me 2-3mo easy before flavor was really affected. Certainly didn't seem to deteriorate my coils after 30 some cleanings.

VU Sponsors