Where can you buy good quality CBD?

Discussion in 'CBD Discussions' started by RabberFl, Jul 11, 2017.

1. RabberFl

RabberFl New Member

Blog Posts:
    I'm thinking of trying some and there are a number of sites that sell it. Of course, a fancy looking website doesn't mean they sell a quality product. Does anyone here use a certain supplier and know they are getting a good quality?

Cloudy Peak Vapes likes this.
  2. Ms. Trixy

Ms. Trixy Up & around in no time they say. Pffft! VU Donator Gold Contributor Member For 1 Year ECF Refugee Unlisted Vendor

Blog Posts:
    Hi Rabber,

You need to read reviews, etc. as to what you think will relieve your pain.1,000mg can cost you up to $150.00. I searched 1,000 CBD and came up with some that look promising.

Last edited: Jul 15, 2017
  3. Cloudy Peak Vapes

Cloudy Peak Vapes Gold Contributor Member For 3 Years Unlisted Vendor

Blog Posts:
    Come to Colorado... :)

But yeah, @Ms. Trixy is correct. You want clearer, because that means its been extracted well, with little to no leftovers of undesirable chemicals. And the Plant matter if extracted properly will not be present, or at least not much. Once the extraction is done you don't need the leftovers. CBD is very different for everyone. It also has Immense amounts of medical use across an eerily broad amount of issues. It's a neuro Protectant, anti inflammatory, pain relief, anti-psychotic, and it truly does shrink and eliminate some tumors. THC is needed for some of those affects, but CBD won't get you high, and it is the most beneficial cannabinoid medically. I partake in the medicine legal to me for the reason that I enjoy it, but I had a large tumor removed from my salivary gland in 2011. I am serious when I say that's partially why I partake. CBD and THC are needed for that one, and it's efficacy varies. I just know I don't want the tumor back, so I do what I can.

I don't carry any, so I'm not promoting. I do have access and have almost gotten some, but I have concerns regarding my payment processor. It's very difficult to secure a good payment processor in this industry, and the hoops to jump are getting bigger and more plentiful. It's not cheap either. So I kinda don't want to risk it. Some brands I can recommend based upon my suppliers are Koi CBD. That one is supposed to be pretty damn good. I worked Vapor Dynasty in Phoenix and got a lot of CBD Infusions brand. They have tinctures for under the tongue, and vape juice. I like that brand a lot.

CBD is getting easier to find now. Growers bread strains for high THC for so long that they pretty much bread most CBD away. It's taken time but the availability is there now. And one thing to note, if you didn't know. Our bodies are receptive to these things because of our Endocannabinoid System. Our bodies have receptors specifically for Cannabinoids, and the endocannabinoid system in our body is there to utilize them. It's very closely related to our immune system. It's interesting reading if you're considering CBD/already use it. Theres really so many benefits its almost unbelievable. That's not to say it's for everyone though. And This is not b.s. and the science has existed for decades. We were just kept in the dark until great states such as mine started to shift into rational policies. Being a schedule 1 drug... SMH... Testing cannot be funded by the government. It's why we don't know more by now, and why things are slow to progress.

Teresa P, RabberFl, AndriaD and 2 others like this.
  4. Huckleberried

Huckleberried Eclipse is coming! Staff Member Senior Moderator VU Donator Diamond Contributor Member For 3 Years

Blog Posts:
    Quite informative!

I hope your tumor stays away, too.

5. Cloudy Peak Vapes

Blog Posts:
    Thanks for the sentiments :)

And I'm glad I could provide some knowledge. It's far from it all, I couldn't regurgitate it all. But, It really fascinates me. I find it fascinating for instance that THC can be problematic for some people with mental illnesses, yet in the same plant, CBD is affective at treating them. Like I said, growers started breeding strains decades ago with the goal of the highest THC, and naturally this led to CBD all but disappearing.

The efficacy for seizures is truly incredible. The quality oils, which are medicinal state things, makes kids go from hundreds of seizures a day to none. It truly is that impactful. And like us in vape community desire harm reduction, this is another form of it. Getting people off of Pharmaceuticals that have horrible side effects, and or aren't truly affective. In a lot of ways, we have a synonymous goal between industries, at least to legitimate medicinal use. We are both fighting pharmaceutical companies, the government (amongst many many other things... that's a long one though) but we are both fighting for the reason of getting people the right to choose an alternative to pharmaceuticals in order to cure/treat and or prevent the negative things we want to avoid with them. And we are fighting for freedom of our own bodies.

Kinda Straying from the topic here:

I can go off on that and vaping, lol. I just really hate misinformation being passed around in order to achieve an agenda which is rather sinister. One is to keep people in the tobacco to pharmaceutical, back to tobacco, and eventually Cancer path. The other is to continue a war which we have created an economy around, and locking up individuals who either need treatment or just shouldn't get locked up, and thrown into a system. One which entire towns rely upon imprisonment of individuals due to the fact that the vast majority of its citizens work for the prison in some form. They just have a lot in common with the pushback, and the sinister nature of it. I've always felt there are parallels between whats going on regarding pushback to both of these industries.

I've never really been able to discuss those feelings here due to rules, which I respect. I understand the desire for this to not connect at all towards anything regarding these plants. But This CBD opens it up. And I will say one thing regarding those parallels. I know Colorado, I live here. I've been here since 1991 and watched all of this happen and grow around me. We did sensible but solid and strict regulation. On a state level, we have been successful across the board with sensible regulation. No increase in crime, rather an increase in tax dollars. They as an industry sat down with legislators at one point to help formulate things. This is why it worked... cooperation.

If we could only have such a luxury for this industry. To have the major players sit down with legislators is a dream. We need regulation, but reasonable regulation. The only way that will truly come to fruition is if industry players are involved... I can dream.

Way off topic rant there... sorry. I just feel strongly about this stuff, and I see an example of how things can be done properly in the formation of a regulatory system around a new industry. So I suppose it's around the area of topic at least, lol.

Go CBD! Really though. It isn't for everyone, but it can do wonders. And if you get the right quality stuff, you won't have ANY psychoactive affects.

RabberFl, JuicyLucy and Huckleberried like this.
  6. Huckleberried

Huckleberried Eclipse is coming! Staff Member Senior Moderator VU Donator Diamond Contributor Member For 3 Years

Blog Posts:
    In the few threads that I've read here, since our rule change, I see more questions than answers, so I hope others stumble across this one. I appreciate your feedback. It's easy to be passionate about things we believe in. Certainly feels better than the day to day frustrations from the powers that be, when there are alternative worth researching further. I work in health care, and I'm appalled on a daily basis.

As you said, the freedom of our own bodies, rather than be made to feel like a criminal over something that carries no real psychoactive effects.

Good stuff, Sir.

7. Cloudy Peak Vapes

Blog Posts:

If you're in health care... appalled is something I'm not at all surprised to hear... I won't go there though. I forgot to mention that they've done studies recently on the neuro protective abilities of CBD. They had rats and concussed them, half the sample had been ingesting CBD daily, and they all had significantly less symptoms and a faster recovery. I don't know that it would mitigate the harm completely, but the studies main Dr. said verbatim that the NFL is a perfect study group already set up. He was some old man, and he said he would ingest CBD prior to every practice and game. It's too bad the NFL wouldn't allow CBD... you'd get great research, and there are plenty of players who would want to participate, while probably just as many who wouldn't. Simple setup waiting turnkey if the NFL would allow it. Pure CBD doesn't affect athletic performance.

I love football and fear for its future, and also don't like seeing some of the hits now knowing what is happening. I still love it though. I wish they'd do this. It may help tons of athletes, and keep the game around...

8. Huckleberried

Blog Posts:
    Oh wow, I agree it'd be perfect research opportunity, considering they participate in the sport, and the possible consequences, already. What was that Will Smith movie? Concussion? Fascinating, and really sad, too. Since seeing that, I've seen more discussion about the disorder, and of course, it's possible, simply because it brought more awareness to it.

My personal interest in CBD comes from having Peripheral Neuropathy. Over the last 13 years, since I was diagnosed, I'm now at the max level of the medicine I take for it, and only for relief, no healing, of course. My doc has recently added another, to assist with it, but I don't want to finish out my life, continuing to add new meds, either. Oddly enough, they're both intended as seizure medication, then there are the off market effects, which is where I land. I did discuss all this with my own Dr. and she said she's heard of CBD, but doesn't know much about it. She did say that she'd do more research, because she's heard more promising things about it. I hope she does, I found it to be encouraging. She's always seemed pretty open-minded, so I don't do anything without her suggestion.

9. Cloudy Peak Vapes

Blog Posts:
    I'm sorry to hear that you deal with that. I know that stuff can be really bad. That sounds like you have a good doctor. To not shut you down, and go so far as to research means she is doing her job... learning. I think it could really help you... I'm guessing I know what medications you're on. CBD can really help effectively for some people with neuropathy. MS as well. It really is crazy. I admittedly love the cannabis, but I keep finding more and more out and realizing it really can help/cure so much. It's not for everyone and not perfect, but it can be very effective. I really think you could benefit from it. You at least have symptoms you desire to treat that others do with CBD. We're all different but I think it's definitely worth a shot.

Huckleberried likes this.
  10. Huckleberried

Blog Posts:
    It all sounds really fascinating. While neuropathy is certainly painful, I know there is so much worse out there, and I've heard some great things that people get relief from. Relief would be good, lol. Mine is far worse at night, which is highly normal, yet somewhat odd, in how it reacts. Everything I read says that walking is one of the best things to do when you're really hurting, but it's also the last thing you feel like doing when it's one of those really bad days.

If I get the go word from her, it's definitely something I'm considering. I really appreciate all your information today :)

11. Cloudy Peak Vapes

Blog Posts:
    No problem on the info. Theres a lot of interesting stuff out there. I'm glad that the stoner image is disappearing. It basically has in Colorado, and it's opening up discussion like this, and more information. Removing a stigma is very impactful.

I hope you find relief in whatever form works for you :) No matter the intensity, it's not normal, or fun to have to live with pain. Good luck, you sound like you have a good attitude!

12. Huckleberried

Blog Posts:

The stoner image was my lifestyle many years ago. Can't really afford to go back to it, LOL, which is why I do what doc says. She knows my history, and takes good care with it. Highly important. i've been tempted to tell her to join a vaping forum for good info :D We're finally getting it in bits and pieces, so your information here is quite valuable here.

Ms. Trixy and Cloudy Peak Vapes like this.
  13. Ms. Trixy

Ms. Trixy Up & around in no time they say. Pffft! VU Donator Gold Contributor Member For 1 Year ECF Refugee Unlisted Vendor

Blog Posts:
    I was never a 'stoner'. In this case, my first trip was purely a novice one. I went in leaving my instructions for CBD. I bought $1,000 in products. Most was not CBD but very high in THC. I now need to go back for CBD. Tincture or flower for me. The edibles within 30 min I was zoning. I don't like that feeling. But I miss the CBD.

The purest CBD I found is...(need to find it again)....

14. RabberFl

RabberFl New Member

Blog Posts:
    Update. So I bought some 500mg Koi CBD. I take a dose in the morning and one at night and add some to my vape for throughout the day. I fall asleep easier and am sleeping much better than before. It's usually a struggle to get up, hitting snooze several times before dragging myself out of bed and still being tired. Now I don't even hit snooze and wake up refreshed. I am also on medication for anxiety. I am able to take less of it and am more relaxed during the day over things that would usually irritate me and stress me out. I will definitely be buying more.

15. onchecks209

onchecks209 New Member

Blog Posts:
  16. SkoldVape

SkoldVape Silver Contributor

Blog Posts:
    It's good to see people's thoughts on CBD.

I have a 15ml bottle of CBD e liquid I have not yet tried but if it eases pain & anxiety I'm all for trying it!

I have been a cannabis user for years but it's just too strong now so a medical mj with no THC should be pretty promising.
    I will add a few drops into my e liquid later an see how I do.

Just a quick question will I be better using my NautilusX rather than big baby??
    It's damn expensive liquid an I don't wanna blast through it LOL!

17. fozzy71

fozzy71 Bronze Contributor Member For 1 Year

Blog Posts:
    Koi White 1000mg/30ml is what I went with after trying some 200mg and 150mg (30ml bottles) premixed juices. I mixed it in to some DIY at 5 and 3mg/ml (then mixed those together) and use it for a night time vape with 0 nic juice and noticed some benefits (decreased anxiety, better sleep) initially but I am not sure if the benefits are worth the cost for me as that $100 bottle has only lasted me 2 - 3 months. I will probably try going back to 0 nic 0 CBD night time juice for a few weeks before I decide if I want to get another bottle of CBD.

SkoldVape likes this.
  18. SkoldVape

Blog Posts:
    It's had an effect on my anxiety too, THC always made me really paranoid. A trace amount was okay but the new power skunks make me restless paranoid & sometimes it even makes me hear things.
    But with CBD my sleep improves, it relaxes me an helps me focus. I have bipolar and sometimes my mind races. I also find it helpful with the pain I have but your right it is rather expensive.
    I don't use I everyday though cos as with everything you build up a tolerance & end up having to increase the dose.
    At one point I only knew of a hemp oil you put under your tongue.
    My local pharmacy so me with my e cig and asked me if I've tried CBD. At first I said that's fucking expensive but after trying it I think the price is worth it.
    $100.00 isn't bad btw, that's 77 pounds in UK money.
    I get it cheaper than that but I've known it to go much over 100 & it hasn't even been as good.
    I've heard good thing about kanavape and medipen too, they have replaceable 1ml catridges & that would be useful an just the right amount for me as I put 1ml of cbd liquid in my tank but boy that would be damn expensive buying catridges all the time!

fozzy71 likes this.
  19. fozzy71

fozzy71 Bronze Contributor Member For 1 Year

Blog Posts:
    yeah, in the grand scheme of things it isn't that bad. I only vape a few ml per night of the diluted mix and I have had it over 2 months so I might continue with it since that is less than I used to spend on premium nic juice, before I began DIY, which now basically costs me nothing until I need to buy more vg/pg.

SkoldVape likes this.
  20. SkoldVape

Blog Posts:
    I don't mind buying store bought e liquids but that's only cos they are like £1.00 each which is more or less nothing.
    I only use 4ml a day too since giving up the sub ohming!