Become a Patron!

Where can I source authentic VTC 5 or next best battery.

Caloy

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Hello there,
just like to know where I can source reasonably priced, authentic VTC5? Also what would be the next best thing and where can I buy them with confidence?

Eric DeCastro

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
where were all these people when I had 100 VTC4 batteries to sell? i had to unload them on a vape shop for a 1/3 of the cost I bought them for. =( oh well, that was summer and not now. should have held on them for a little while longer.

vaporelse

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
where were all these people when I had 100 VTC4 batteries to sell? i had to unload them on a vape shop for a 1/3 of the cost I bought them for. =( oh well, that was summer and not now. should have held on them for a little while longer.

I have always had a special talent for buying high and selling low. I feel your pain.

Caloy

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Thanks for the links guys! I'll probably order a couple tomorrow when I get home from work. :)

M5amhan

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
is it just me or are sonys coming back into the market? they disappeared for a while there but they seem to be coming back

Sully

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
is it just me or are sonys coming back into the market? they disappeared for a while there but they seem to be coming back
VTC5's are pretty much nowhere to be found. VTC3's and 4's are out there but not easy to find (authentic).

M5amhan

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VTC5's are pretty much nowhere to be found. VTC3's and 4's are out there but not easy to find (authentic).
well the 4s were nonexistent for a minute too, maybe just a matter of time before vtc5s show up. first to the party will be sure to charge a nice premium though

Sully

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
4's are just as safe and hit a bit harder @ full charge (something to do with a lower internal resistance). Something to be said for an extra 500mAh though, will be on the lookout for 5's.

Lefty

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Coupon Code: LV20 gives you 20% off. Just ordered 4 VTC4's (2 x 2pk) for $31.60
Yeah I thought the 20% had expired. The everyday prices aren't bad especially with free shipping. I have too many now. Hopefully by the time I need them the 5's will be around.

Iamme

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I have 2 vtc 4s. Does anyone have an opinion on the LG 30 amps. I know thier phones and tvs are top notch. Batteries for vaping, not so sure. They are cheap and available.

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
I have heard that they will be available again after the first of the year and I hope they are.

Me, I got lucky. A friend of mine found some and sent me a pair a couple of weeks ago as a gift.

Now I just need a brand new dual 18650 mod to put them in :eek:

Celtic Fog

Tir Na Nog
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
a sony rep was on one of the vape shows and said that they built a new battery factory in the Philippines and that they are almost back to full production, once they are, they intend on selling enough for our industry, they even plan on working with us to develop more batteries intended for us solely.

M5amhan

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
a sony rep was on one of the vape shows and said that they built a new battery factory in the Philippines and that they are almost back to full production, once they are, they intend on selling enough for our industry, they even plan on working with us to develop more batteries intended for us solely.
well fuck yea. we need high mah 10 and 15 amp batteries and high amp 40 continuous lower mah, those will sell all day long

Sully

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I have 2 vtc 4s. Does anyone have an opinion on the LG 30 amps. I know thier phones and tvs are top notch. Batteries for vaping, not so sure. They are cheap and available.
The LG's are great cells!! BUT they are only 20A continuous. The Sony's are 30A continuous.

Sully

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I have plenty VTC's to hold me over a while I think. :) Several in rotation now + 6 unused VTC5 and 4 VTC4 on the way. Never paid more than $10 a cell shipped. I also have 2 new dual 18650 mods coming, so I will be needing them!

Jackson

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years

Sully

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
No they ain't. Here's the latest revision of the VTC5 datasheet.

http://www.intaste.de/community/dtf/technical_information.pdf

Actually no mention at all of 'continuous' anything. And the 30A trace from the earlier datasheet has been removed. Trouble in Paradise?
I've seen you argue this before. Just because this document, which looks like some flashlight guys put together, doesn't say the max continuous is 30A does not make it not true. It's not like this says, these are 20A or anything, it's just silent.

Celtic Fog

Tir Na Nog
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I've seen you argue this before. Just because this document, which looks like some flashlight guys put together, doesn't say the max continuous is 30A does not make it not true. It's not like this says, these are 20A or anything, it's just silent.
its from sony...they are not 30a continuous....end of story lol. Don't know why so many people insist on buying these batteries...Stop the Sony Fanboy Movement. If you are worried about putting an unlocked mod in your pocket and actually using the continuous rating, maybe you should be using an ego pen instead. Mech mods are for grown ups who can behave and act accordingly.....

Sully

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
its from sony...they are not 30a continuous....end of story lol. Don't know why so many people insist on buying these batteries...Stop the Sony Fanboy Movement. If you are worried about putting an unlocked mod in your pocket and actually using the continuous rating, maybe you should be using an ego pen instead. Mech mods are for grown ups who can behave and act accordingly.....
Hey Celt. Can you provide where Sony ever states that these are not 30A. All vapers and all flashlight geeks agree that they are. I have Sony sheets from the VTC4's that show they are (kinda old and sketchy looking). You are the second person I've ever seen challenge this and I wonder where you get your info and if you can provide the true specs? I'm not saying your wrong, but where is the proof? Silence in a powerpoint presentation doesn't make it not true! I need more in order to agree with you!!

Here is one, I know it's scetchy, but no more official than that sketchy power point.

There are many many test that show these are safe and powerful up to and beyond 30A.

upload_2014-12-5_21-23-46.png

Sully

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
And I would like to say that it's not a fanboy movement (at least not for me) I've been vaping for many years now and have been using the Sony VTC series batteries since before the LG's and Samsungs were even available to us. I have been very happy with them. Just because I prefer a battery that has treated me well, does not make me a fanboy. I also use LG's and Samsungs but I still prefer my Sony's. My personal choice. And I have never paid more than $10 a cell shipped.(I dont like them that much). If you try a VTC3 or VTC4 you will find the top end of the battery hits significantly harder than any other cell you've tried!! (My opinion)

Celtic Fog

Tir Na Nog
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
so your going to post just one document as your retort? Ill tell you what, I will buy a sony vtc3, 4 and 5. I will try them out. And, if they are "better" than my EFEST, I will admit it. Of course YMMV as for all builds and such, so I will comment my response as per my personal impression of them. Just so I can be a more fair critic of the battery.

Sully

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
so your going to post just one document as your retort? Ill tell you what, I will buy a sony vtc3, 4 and 5. I will try them out. And, if they are "better" than my EFEST, I will admit it. Of course YMMV as for all builds and such, so I will comment my response as per my personal impression of them. Just so I can be a more fair critic of the battery.
Sounds fair Celt. I don't have the solid proof on my end, just the general consensus of the communities. I've seen no clear evidence that shows one way or the other. I really like the cells. The 30A continuous, 60A pulse EFEST actually is a rewrapped VTC4. If that helps, EFEST does independent testing and certification on their batteries (which are all rewraps, the 35A cell is the LG HE2)

upload_2014-12-5_22-2-22.png

Last edited:

Lefty

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Check out Joe's latest pimp.

Sully

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Check out Joe's latest pimp.
Saw that. I already have plenty. I don't trust his ebay battery pimps anyway...lol :)

Lefty

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
So do I. I just thought the timing was interesting given the thread.:)

Jackson

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
so your going to post just one document as your retort? Ill tell you what, I will buy a sony vtc3, 4 and 5. I will try them out. And, if they are "better" than my EFEST, I will admit it

It depends what you mean by 'better', how about safer? Sony's safety record with 18650s is dismal. Sony has had to recall and dispose of more 18650s than all the other majors combined.

Celtic Fog

Tir Na Nog
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
It depends what you mean by 'better', how about safer? Sony's safety record with 18650s is dismal. Sony has had to recall and dispose of more 18650s than all the other majors combined.
just one of the many reasons I prefer to purchase and use the EFEST batteries.

Thunderball

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Saw that. I already have plenty. I don't trust his ebay battery pimps anyway...lol :)
I ordered two of the vct5's he pimped a month or two ago. They're fakes, shoulda known better.
Every time I've ordered batts from eBay I've gotten screwed

You think I would learn by now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sully

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
just one of the many reasons I prefer to purchase and use the EFEST batteries.
In case you didn't know this Celt, EFEST is not a battery manufacturer. They buy reject cells from all the big companies like Sony, LG and Panasonic. They test them, and re-brand them. They don't deny this. It's a fact.

Jackson

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Sounds fair Celt. I don't have the solid proof on my end, just the general consensus of the communities. I've seen no clear evidence that shows one way or the other. I really like the cells. The 30A continuous, 60A pulse EFEST actually is a rewrapped VTC4. If that helps, EFEST does independent testing and certification on their batteries (which are all rewraps, the 35A cell is the LG HE2)

View attachment 9823

Efest are the biggest whores around. They say anything to make a sale. And since when is the the LGHE2, a 20A continuous rated cell, become 35A?

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0By-7aw3qPc-oa09ENnNFMUtxTFU/preview?pli=1

And Efest, the old BestInOne (BIO/A-Power) at least did make IMR cells, they just happened to be crap.

Celtic Fog

Tir Na Nog
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
In case you didn't know this Celt, EFEST is not a battery manufacturer. They buy reject cells from all the big companies like Sony, LG and Panasonic. They test them, and re-brand them. They don't deny this. It's a fact.
you should learn what an OEM business is...its the heart of the worlds economics.

Celtic Fog

Tir Na Nog
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Efest are the biggest whores around. They say anything to make a sale. And since when is the the LGHE2, a 20A continuous rated cell, become 35A?

And Efest, the old BestInOne (BIO/A-Power) at least did make IMR cells, they just happened to be crap.
and Im not an idiot who puts an unlocked mechanical mod in my pocket....I go by what the pulse rating is...since that is what is used when vaping with a mechanical mod.....

Lefty

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years

Since LG decided to list 35 amp ratings in that very data sheet and Efest and quite a few places selling the LG decided to run with it and sell it as 35 amp even though LG says it's 20 amp continuous in the summary.

Sully

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years

I really do agree. Still, they never claim that is a continuous discharge rating (35A). With the 2100mAh 30A/60A battery they distinguish. We know this is a Sony VTC4 Cell. I don't think they would encourage 60A discharge on the battery itself if they were not pretty certain. They don't do it with any other cells they rewrap. That's the point I was really going for. That said, EFEST is very inconsistent and deceptive in their marketing and branding of cells. So take it for what it is.

Celtic Fog

Tir Na Nog
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Ill take it for a great battery. Great performance, great price, great availability. Sony only got as popular when they got hard to get...those who had them, felt like they had something special that others could not get, inflated ego and inflated market...sounds like how sony rolls lol....

Just some innocent banter hehehehe

fq06

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
No they ain't. Here's the latest revision of the VTC5 datasheet.

http://www.intaste.de/community/dtf/technical_information.pdf

Actually no mention at all of 'continuous' anything. And the 30A trace from the earlier datasheet has been removed. Trouble in Paradise?

That data sheet wasn't testing for max continuous or burst, just testing the performance at different amp loads and temps.
One of the cycle tests being a 20a test doesn't say that max discharge is 20a or 25a or 50a. That's probably just the limit of his equipment.

CurlyxCracker

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I use a handful of different battery manufacturers. I've never had ANY trouble with my efests. I disagree with some of the speculation surrounding their specs. On another note, I will say my vct4s definitely see less of a voltage drop than LGs on the same build, same mod, same atty both fresh. And my MNKEs are way worse, I can't say I would recommend the MNKEs

Caloy

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Sorry for the late reply guys, I work 12 hour shifts 4 days on and 4 days off, and I only have time to browse the web on my days off. But thanks for the recommendations and links.

I just bought 2 pairs of VTC4 batteries, 100 ft of 24 and 28 guage kanthal wire, a nitecore charger, and a coil jig with one of the link provided in this thread. I appreciate the help guys! :)

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years

Celtic Fog

Tir Na Nog
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Yes it does show that at 2500mah they discharge at 30amps
look at the graph under heading
Discharge Load Characteristics (US18650VTC5)
whoo hoooo, 30 amps for a whole five minutes....

fq06

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
That test is not testing max discharge capability. It is testing capacity at different amp loads and temps, that's all.
If you mean either of these two graphs, the max load he put on the cell was 20a.
And not saying it is or is not 30a continuous, just saying that's not what that guy was testing for and you can not assume any kind of max amp numbers from his test.

Screenshot_2014-12-08-14-30-55.png

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
whoo hoooo, 30 amps for a whole five minutes....
The wonders of advertising deception and statistical graphs so bastardized to hide the truth
have we been rooked or not that is the question but for one thing I do know about the battery industry
It just all foobar
insanity.gif

VU Sponsors