Become a Patron!

when to discontinue an ejuice line ?

Hi everybody I'm a little new to this forum site but love it so far and would like all of your help .I have been working at a vape shop for almost a year now and am helping the owner with the advanced vaping community as he dose not know much about building , drippers , wire etc.

we have been slowly bringing in mew e juice BUT there is two line of juice that have barley moved since I've been here and i kind of c it as a waste of space that could be used to bring in better lines of juice . so my question would be this. How long should a liquid be on the shelves before you say "good by " and discontinue the line .

i would rather not say the line of juice that are not moving as to not offend anyone .

PoppaVic

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Doesn't matter. Unless it's part of some purchase contract/bundle, any store would dump it.

And this also applies to hw stores, groceries, etc: it has to pay for it's time and store-volume (cubic, as floorspace is sort of wrong here).

He is a dolt and made a mistake, drop the price to cost and ditch that shit. In a month, just give it away or throw it out.

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm gonna go out on a limb and guess that it's a typical vendor juice that contains the cheapest flavoring and nicotine possible and a ton of sweetener, which as a combination does not age well. The nic is oxidizing and the sugars are turning it darker and darker...as well as the oxidized nicotine...I'd toss it, but that's just my opinion.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I might get razzed for this but maybe you need to take some courses in Business Management because you really shouldn't be asking this question in a vaping forum. Just my freaking 2 cents mind you but this is fucking Business 101. :wait:

I might get razzed for this but maybe you need to take some courses in Business Management because you really shouldn't be asking this question in a vaping forum. Just my freaking 2 cents mind you but this is fucking Business 101. :wait:
actually i think its a good place to ask this question . yes its business 101 but it is also to get an idea fro other shops on what they do . and what would be the best way to go about it .

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
actually i think its a good place to ask this question . yes its business 101 but it is also to get an idea fro other shops on what they do . and what would be the best way to go about it .

If it is not selling but you need to ask on a vaping forum why? Your customer base doesn't want it so run a clearance sale and you are done. Business 101

Actually I think you don't have much Business Experience to even quote me to disagree.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
2 freaking posts and you think you should quote me? Ever owned your own business? Currently own one? Ever managed one?

PoppaVic

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Do we get extra points for knowing HOW, or having the [un]common sense to MOVE THE INVENTORY? (Even if we never actually owned a biz? ;-)

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Do we get extra points for knowing HOW, or having the [un]common sense to MOVE THE INVENTORY? (Even if we never actually owned a biz? ;-)

Fucking A Poppa you get a High Five for the common sense~! Yeah I forgot it would just be common sense...........

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Just remember, "Common Sense" no longer is common, or sense. Hell, we prolly are causing 2 dozen agressions - micro and other - just talking about this.

*snort* *giggle* :giggle:

Andria

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
"Common Sense"

I stopped expecting it or actually looking for it when it went extinct years ago. I guess I am getting old forgetting about something you were supposed to gain at a young age but today they need to be given everything or they are "entitled" to it.

PoppaVic

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I had a step-nephew-in-law, around 10? 12? Never used a broom before. Ever.

Yes. It's a huge, huge issue.

Just Lil Clouds

Gold Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Yeah today they just write a prescription and say he has HDADD. When I was young you got the belt or the wooden spoon and if ran ran away you got the shoe in the back of the head.
The good old days, when parents actually took responsibility for their kids and taught us how to be productive adults

digger27

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
A guy with about 30 years brick and morter experience in retail, here.
At this point and at best those lines are"Loss Leaders"...
"A loss leader (also leader) is a pricing strategy where a product is sold at a price below its market cost to stimulate other sales of more profitable goods or services."

Floor and shelf space is just too valuable to have any products just sit there and not move.

Bundle it with other products and it will make the whole package seem to have added value.
You lose money on this line but make something on the entire package and hopefully gain new customers along the way.
This is assuming the line is actually decent and just not selling for other reasons like because of really bad taste, for example.
It might have not been promoted correctly or it might just be a not so great combination of well liked flavors and is just ignored due to the popularity of other well known and better selling lines but is still relatively good and vapeable otherwise.

If the juice is not selling because of spoilage and rancid taste, too much sweetener or any other bad reasons do the logical thing and just throw it all out....fast!
It hurts a bit but chalk it up to paying for a valuable learning experience.
You do not want to try to dump or even be associated with a product line like that and attempting to use it any way just to make a few bucks or make any effort to recoup even little bit of your investment back is a very bad idea because in the short and especially the long run it can hurt your reputation...bad.
Once you get a reputation for carrying, selling or even giving away bad juice it is hard to come back from that and it will all be downhill from there.

Last edited:

KingPin!

In my defence, I was left unsupervised ^^
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer

You’re welcome to post here just as much as the next person is welcome aboard

:vino:

bestkeptsecret

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
You’re welcome to post here just as much as the next person is welcome aboard

:vino:

Yeah, whats with all the hostility. You've got some guy who works in a vape shop that is trying to get some ideas and thoughts from others as part of showing a bit of initiative and be proactive in helping his boss to grow a successful vape shop. Why round on him and discourage the guy?!?

Last edited:

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Yeah, whats with all the hostility. You've got some guy who works in a vape shop that is trying to get some ideas and thoughts from others as part of showing a bit of initiative and be proactive in helping his boss to grow a successful vape shop. Why round on him and discourage the guy?!?

In my opinion someone in a Vape Shop shouldn't be looking for information like this in a forum. Like I said previously this is business 101 and if they have stock sitting around collecting dust I would not want to be a customer. Just my opinion you must remember but I would rather buy from a vendor who is so busy my order doesn't go out minutes after click pay now.

KingPin!

In my defence, I was left unsupervised ^^
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
A guy with about 30 years brick and morter experience in retail, here.
At this point and at best those lines are"Loss Leaders"...
"A loss leader (also leader) is a pricing strategy where a product is sold at a price below its market cost to stimulate other sales of more profitable goods or services."

Floor and shelf space is just too valuable to have any products just sit there and not move.

Bundle it with other products and it will make the whole package seem to have added value.
You lose money on this line but make something on the entire package and hopefully gain new customers along the way.
This is assuming the line is actually decent and just not selling for other reasons like because of really bad taste, for example.
It might have not been promoted correctly or it might just be a not so great combination of well liked flavors and is just ignored due to the popularity of other well known and better selling lines but is still relatively good and vapeable otherwise.

If the juice is not selling because of spoilage and rancid taste, too much sweetener or any other bad reasons do the logical thing and just throw it all out....fast!
It hurts a bit but chalk it up to paying for a valuable learning experience.
You do not want to try to dump or even be associated with a product line like that and attempting to use it any way just to make a few bucks or make any effort to recoup even little bit of your investment back is a very bad idea because in the short and especially the long run it can hurt your reputation...bad.
Once you get a reputation for carrying, selling or even giving away bad juice it is hard to come back from that and it will all be downhill from there.

Nice response digger thank you :cheers:

Hopefully the OP sees this and hasn’t left already

VU Sponsors