Become a Patron!

When to change battery on Mech Mod?

V-ret

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I couldn't think of a better subject line. I recently bought a Mech mod, I've always owned a VV/VW mod so I always knew when it was time to change out the battery.

Well my Mech mod, doesn't have a battery level indicator so I've just been using it until I feel that the vapor production is slacking. I'm curious if this is what the masses are doing? Also will something bad happen if I drain too much battery before charging? I consider shorter overall battery life a bad thing.

So how do all the mech mod vapors know when to change the battery? Gut feeling, or do you walk around with a multimeter and pull the battery at precisely a set volt reading?

P.s. I'm sure this has been asked/answered a lot, I just couldn't find the answer on the forum. I'll take links as an answer as well. Should help me learn how to navigate.

Last edited:

Dalton801

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Personally I charge atleast 6 hours a night, vape all day and repeat. Also, I can tell when my battery starts to die on me. It gets a lot less hot, almost like you're sucking in just air but still have a fair amount of vapor. Idk if you have started messing with your mod yet but you can really tell when it's about to die.
DO NOT LET YOUR BATTERIES FULLY DIE. I did that for a while with my efests when I started with mech mods and those are long gone now. Literally no life left. And I would think it's a lot safer to not let them die all the way!

galsvapetoo

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I notice vapor production isn't a good and charge it up. And go back to my eleaf istick

Jwilzz

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
My charger has a voltage meter on it. I try and check as frequently as possible so I don't go below 3.7v. But if my other battery is at a full 4.2v and I check my other and it's still at 4.1v I'll change it anyways.

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
LOL....cannae tell you HOW many times I've been at one of my locals with the lads and declared "This tastes like 3.6v". Noticeable vapour drop and flavour drop is a sign that it's time to swap batts.

nightshard

It's VG/PG not PG/VG
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The fact that most regulated devices have a 3.2V cutoff doesn't mean that batteries can't go lower, in fact most batteries can go down to 2.5V before getting damaged.
You will notice a drastic drop in performance long before it gets to that point.
So in other words, replace the battery when you notice a drop in performance.

V-ret

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I appreciate all the responses. I figured there wasn't anything too complicated about knowing when to replace the batteries, but wanted to verify.

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I constantly change my battery every hour, I vape between.15 to .3
Fyi I only do cloud chasing when im home...i agree with the others, you will notice vapor production diminishes,the flavor ain't the same, as soon as you see the above symptoms go she's and switch! Never never never never let ur batteries die on you,its not a CELL PHONE!!I mainly use purple efest
4 26650 efest
3 26650 mnke
4 18650 purple
For the wwife she uses
2x red lg 20 A 2500 Mah
1xpurple effest 25 A 2000 MAH

Sent from my
LUMIA 1520

VU Sponsors