Become a Patron!

When should the Christmas Season Start and End?

When should the Christmas Season Start?

• September

• October

• November

• December

Results are only viewable after voting.

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have never actually witnessed this supposed "War on Christmas," only the people complaining about the WoC. Therefore, I don't give a damn.

That said, I despise setting Christmas decorations in stores in AUGUST this year. I don't like to see them until after Thanksgiving. The *only* exception for me is lights. I love the huge, massive displays people like to put up, and as a result they can sell out of the good lights at all the major retailers rather quickly. I like having more time to peruse, plan, and hunt for lights, especially since they don't *have* to be specifically for Christmas. Everything else is just gratuitous and disgusting to me, commercialization of a holiday that's supposed to be elegant and spiritual, a time of love and peace and family.

Happy freaking Halloween y'all. ;)

Sent from my 2PS64 using Tapatalk
I like to actually call it for what it actually is, by it's true name before it was renamed.

Happy Winter Solstice ;)

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

VapinChevy

Abnormal Chevy Guy
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Reviewer
I'm ok with the week before thanksgiving. I took my daughter to target get halloween decorations last week and they already had the christmas shit out. That's crazy.
Most of the stores in our area, were already carrying Christmas Stuff as of October 1st. Halloween was End of august. I mean WTF. Well after halloween prepare to see New Years Eve stuff lmao! It's cause stores are worried about ppl NOT buying stuff... Pretty Much!

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I personally wouldn't mind a bit if it started on xmas eve and ended xmas night. But I realize that's impossible for greedy retailers, so I'll go with... put up the tree t'giving night, and take it down new year's eve day. That way, you get max enjoyment from the damn decorations that are a pain in the ass to take out, put up, and then take down and put away again.

My mom was the big xmas decorator and santa in our family... and since she died Oct 14, xmas has been cancelled until xmas 2017. I *am* getting a new phone for xmas, the one I have is too slow and small to tolerate for one second more than I just have to, and my husband is getting a bench grinder that he's been whining about for 5 yrs, but otherwise... xmas is cancelled this year due to grief and apathy.

Andria

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I personally wouldn't mind a bit if it started on xmas eve and ended xmas night. But I realize that's impossible for greedy retailers, so I'll go with... put up the tree t'giving night, and take it down new year's eve day. That way, you get max enjoyment from the damn decorations that are a pain in the ass to take out, put up, and then take down and put away again.

My mom was the big xmas decorator and santa in our family... and since she died Oct 14, xmas has been cancelled until xmas 2017. I *am* getting a new phone for xmas, the one I have is too slow and small to tolerate for one second more than I just have to, and my husband is getting a bench grinder that he's been whining about for 5 yrs, but otherwise... xmas is cancelled this year due to grief and apathy.

Andria
Been there, done that, sometimes I still do. :hug:

VU Sponsors