Become a Patron!

What's your biggest vaping whoopsie??

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So I thought this may be funny to start. Whether it be exploding the cap off of your juice bottle filling a tank. To forgetting to put the cap on your rda. Let's hear them. We all have them.

My biggest whoopsie if forgetting to wash a new rda when I get it. In fact I did it again today and is what made me finally write this up. I throw a build in and get that puppy Rollin. And damn, tastes like a dirty factory. Machine oil. Bleh. And the was one time I did explode a bottle of juice on my kitchen table and lap filling a squonk bottle. Should've cut the tip. Dumped about 40ml out of 100 all over.

Sent from my LM-Q610(FGN) using Tapatalk

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Great thread idea!
I’ve had a few oops... the worst was sitting on a Mech after forgetting to lock it.

chrisswearingen4

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
I've had a few whoopsies and will probably have more along my journey, but my biggest one so far would have to be when I first started building coils kept heating my coils to get them right and melted the 510 connection on my 521 tab... I learned quick not to do that again

Sent from my SM-S727VL using Tapatalk

bx10r

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I've had a few whoopsies and will probably have more along my journey, but my biggest one so far would have to be when I first started building coils kept heating my coils to get them right and melted the 510 connection on my 521 tab... I learned quick not to do that again

Sent from my SM-S727VL using Tapatalk
Ive had this happened...started using a regulated mod to build after 3 tabs were fried...i felt like coilmaster blacklisted me after 2 warranty exchanges

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Definitely forgetting to put the cap on and having coil marks on my lip for about a week

Done that one too - but thankfully was only felt burned for under 24 hours

bx10r

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Another oooopsie...
B.W.D( building while drunk)
Driver went thru one side..came out the other
44fe5297b81baa5128062906a35fae65.jpg

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Another oooopsie...
B.W.D( building while drunk)
Driver went thru one side..came out the other
44fe5297b81baa5128062906a35fae65.jpg

Ouch

Sent from my LM-Q610(FGN) using Tapatalk

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Probably a few weeks ago when I finished a build on my Dvarw. Popped on the chimney barrel, cut the wicks, stuff them on, filled up the tank, put it together. Total LEAK SHOW!

forgot to put the chimney top on before I put the tank back together...

Sent from the Death Star

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Probably a few weeks ago when I finished a build on my Dvarw. Popped on the chimney barrel, cut the wicks, stuff them on, filled up the tank, put it together. Total LEAK SHOW!

forgot to put the chimney top on before I put the tank back together...

Sent from the Death Star

:giggle:

The reality is, I could fill up this thread with embarrassing boners

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
When I got the Entheon when it first came out, I was so anxious to squonk with it... I washed it real fast, coiled and wicked it, primed it real good, then stuck it on my squonker and gave it a big squeeze - only to realize I was so excited I forgot to swap out the solid pin for the squonk pin, lol

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
When I got the Entheon when it first came out, I was so anxious to squonk with it... I washed it real fast, coiled and wicked it, primed it real good, then stuck it on my squonker and gave it a big squeeze - only to realize I was so excited I forgot to swap out the solid pin for the squonk pin, lol
I did that on my first Hadaly. Must be a Psyclone thing!

Sent from the Death Star

Troy44

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
How about, taking the bifocals off and building on the deck.. while forgetting to lock the fire button?

OW! Geez! HOT! HOT! Gawdamn! (etc ;-)
Did that for the first time the other day you could see the wraps branded into my skin ouch!!

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I've definitely been here
Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
Me too.
Did that for the first time the other day you could see the wraps branded into my skin ouch!!
And that.

Burned my lip, a finger, a finger nail. I no longer mess with drippers. Decided they aren't my thing.

Been poked by, bled from and stepped on kanthal, barefoot. Have snipped my finger with the scissor, a bit, instead of the rayon. Bled on the rayon.

Few years back... built a coil, loaded up my tank, wait a bit. When I hit it, couldn't figure out why I wasn't really getting any vapor, kept trying. Sat it down a while, came back to juice everywhere. Decided to take it apart, to discover that I had not put a wick in it.

I've tasted the machine oil, too.

DIY stuff... mixing into a bottle, but put flavoring into another flavoring bottle, instead of the bottle of new juice. Once used ONE ml of flavoring instead of ZERO POINT ONE ml. That was tasty and scared me away from coffee vapes for a while.

Vape, itself, mishap... have picked up someone else's vape, by accident, wanted to cry and bleach out my mouth.

bx10r

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Me too.

And that.

Burned my lip, a finger, a finger nail. I no longer mess with drippers. Decided they aren't my thing.

Been poked by, bled from and stepped on kanthal, barefoot. Have snipped my finger with the scissor, a bit, instead of the rayon. Bled on the rayon.

Few years back... built a coil, loaded up my tank, wait a bit. When I hit it, couldn't figure out why I wasn't really getting any vapor, kept trying. Sat it down a while, came back to juice everywhere. Decided to take it apart, to discover that I had not put a wick in it.

I've tasted the machine oil, too.

DIY stuff... mixing into a bottle, but put flavoring into another flavoring bottle, instead of the bottle of new juice. Once used ONE ml of flavoring instead of ZERO POINT ONE ml. That was tasty and scared me away from coffee vapes for a while.

Vape, itself, mishap... have picked up someone else's vape, by accident, wanted to cry and bleach out my mouth.
Winner winner chicken dinner.. forgot to wick.. by far.. that will be a classic

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
On more than one occasion I rolled over the clipped excess wire from building and gave my wheelchair a flat tire.
Still happens on occasion, so now I make sure I don’t have to go anywhere before I build.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
On more than one occasion I rolled over the clipped excess wire from building and gave my wheelchair a flat tire.
Still happens on occasion, so now I make sure I don’t have to go anywhere before I build.
Oh man... That truly sucks.

Winner winner chicken dinner.. forgot to wick.. by far.. that will be a classic

Not my brightest moment.

Izanagi7

Bronze Contributor
Member For 1 Year
I think the worst I’ve ever done is take a burnt hit from my Wotofo Profile with a Kanthal mesh plate. Absolutely horrendous. Like inhaling Satan’s farts. I’m paranoid now when I vape mesh. Gotta keep that enormous cotton bolt saturated at all costs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NGAHaze

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
:idea:

New challenge possibility? Who knows, might lead to something ... The worlds wildest vape mishaps caught on video ... could be fairly entertaining. :D

I don't think I've ever had a vape 'Whoopsie' although I have had a few 'Oh Shit' moments, lol.

Last edited:

Jenn F

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
A few...Biggest issue with me is touching a just fired coil. Dropped my vape, Sigelei 150, while going down the road - explicit language immediately followed. Vape never recovered, highway and just too dangerous to cross at the time. I'm sure there's more I choose to forget...LOL :):facepalm:

Jinx'd

Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
just last night. didn't get the wick wet enough. burnt hit from hell.

lost a battery. well, thought I lost it. forgot I put it in the coil master. :facepalm:

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Cooking the other day, I dropped a piece of Garlic in the drip tip without knowing. Not something I want to do again~! Although the spit back protector kept the garlic away from the coil it went right in my mouth~!

Izanagi7

Bronze Contributor
Member For 1 Year
Cooking the other day, I dropped a piece of Garlic in the drip tip without knowing. Not something I want to do again~! Although the spit back protector kept the garlic away from the coil it went right in my mouth~!

Spit back protector? Atties other than the Wotofo ice have those? Was wondering how one could finagle SS316L 400 mesh into a spitback protector to retrofit my RDAs. The spitback can be searing hot on some mods. The profile running a single nickel coil, for instance. The KALI V2 on some builds also. My Wasp nano isn’t bad though.

Jenn F

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Spit back protector? Atties other than the Wotofo ice have those? Was wondering how one could finagle SS316L 400 mesh into a spitback protector to retrofit my RDAs. The spitback can be searing hot on some mods. The profile running a single nickel coil, for instance. The KALI V2 on some builds also. My Wasp nano isn’t bad though.

I have several attys from different companies that have the spitback protectors on them. Some look like a screen of sorts and some are integrated in the chimney area. There's plenty out there...:)

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years

It was a Rafale tank and the protector is in the chimney. Although it is a Stainless Steel tank I do not have problems with it getting too hot because I use it in TC Mode.

IcepickMaker84

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Burned my finger(s) on coils, took a hit off an rda that wasn’t wicked, knocked over my brand new Stick V8 which hit my blackjack and shattered the tank...busted glass and juice all over a prized Foster blackjack, I’m sure I’ve done other silly things but those are the ones that stick out.

Izanagi7

Bronze Contributor
Member For 1 Year
Welp. My IPV4s fell through the lining of my winter coat today onto the rocks in our front yard. Turns out it wasn’t in my inner pocket. Worked fine until I changed batteries and the plastic terminal housing is cracked in 3 places. The connection is intermittent unless I hold it with the battery cover off. Guess I’ll be getting that GeekVape Gbox after all. This one I think I can patch up with plastic cement and keep as a backup or build deck/ohmmeter. My ohmmeter can only fit 24mm tanks or smaller. Thankfully my TFV8 is unscathed, glass and all. They must build these things pretty tough.

KingPin!

In my defence, I was left unsupervised ^^
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
Was dry burning my coil once for a clean ...went to sniff it so see if I could still smell any burnt residue ...I ended up burning tip of my nose on the coil.. it had a perfect fused clapton print ...could even see the wrap :giggle:

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Was dry burning my coil once for a clean ...went to sniff it so see if I could still smell any burnt residue ...I ended up burning tip of my nose on the coil.. it had a perfect fused clapton print ...could even see the wrap :giggle:
Ouuuch

Bigrick

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vt Inbox in toilet. Snatched it out, pulled battery and riced it for a week. Placed in Fl sunshine several consecutive days and it still works. Not even a bit of condensation in screen. The patience to not rush the process is the only reason imo it worked out.

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Vt Inbox in toilet. Snatched it out, pulled battery and riced it for a week. Placed in Fl sunshine several consecutive days and it still works. Not even a bit of condensation in screen. The patience to not rush the process is the only reason imo it worked out.
Wow gotta be careful when you voop

DonBaldy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Just almost busted out a tooth on a mech. It seems the spring in the switch is a little stronger than I thought. Went to take a vape and when I pressed to switch I must not have had a good grip on the mod because it sprung back and hit my tooth hard enough that I had to go check for a chip. THis was on a Vgod promech.

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Wow gotta be careful when you voop

Surprised you weren't using a VooPoo

VU Sponsors