Become a Patron!

What's your ADV recipe? (DIY)

Heartsdelight

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
It's really good but even with double % of lemon it will still fade fairly quick. It's best after a 2-3 day steep and starts to lose flavor after about a week. The cookie part of the flavor recipe is incredible. I wonder if a different lemon flavor would make it better.

Sent from my SM-S727VL using Tapatalk
Someone gave me another Dinner Lady Lemon Tart clone recipe & they used INW Shisha Lemon & @bobnat mentioned he replaced FA Lemon Sicily with FE Lemon. We can try, first I’ll mix with your suggested double % of the Lemon. I have Jungle Flavors Juicy Lemon & I just finger tasted it, I think it could work too.

bobnat

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
@bobnat when you sub FE Lemon for FA Lemon Sicily in Dinner Lady Lemon Tart clone recipes what % do you mix it at?

I have a few Lemon recipes I vape regularly. My best results have been with a mix of the two. I vary between 1:1 and FE 2:1 FA. FA tastes better but the FE tastes fine and it will hold in the recipe. I have also added FA later to juices that have been sitting for weeks. I'll add .5-1% and it helps.

Heartsdelight

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I have a few Lemon recipes I vape regularly. My best results have been with a mix of the two. I vary between 1:1 and FE 2:1 FA. FA tastes better but the FE tastes fine and it will hold in the recipe. I have also added FA later to juices that have been sitting for weeks. I'll add .5-1% and it helps.
Thanks! I filed away for reference.

@Fudgey Finger I think I will add JF Lemon Juicy to the FA Lemon Sicily in the Lemon Tart recipe you linked since I have the JF one. Using @bobnat ’s ratio’s. :)

NotSoMini

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I have only attempted creating a couple of simple DIY recipes and they turned out so-so. It is easier for me to use other mixer's recipes otherwise I would not have any juice to vape. As far as an ADV, if I had to choose one it would be Pistachio RY4. This is by Snoopkilla on ELR and I use FA RY4 instead of TFA.

I have many EDVs that I rotate depending on what I want to vape.

Without a doubt a number of HIC’s recipes and in no particular order: Lemon Pudding Cake, Teddy Bear Custard, Limoncello Torrone Parfait, Gingersnap Milkshake, Lime Coolers, Pumpkin Pie, Gooey Coconut Cookies, etc.

wllmc English Toffee Coffee

Saturday Morning Macaron, Mango Blossom Macaron, GumEye Ball and 1 2 3 Cranberry Sprite all by ID10-T on ATF

Torrone Custard by Boogenshizzle on ELR plus his black currant recipes (I do substitute FA black currant for INW)

Creamy Coconut Pudding Pie by Toootall on ATF

jwill

The Great King of Nothing
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
Spent all day slaving in a hot bakery. 240ml of @Teresa P Buttermilk Pie, 240ml of @Pegleg Meg Caramel Custard and my last 100ml of @Matty Vapes Peanut Butter Cookie.
16 May 2018 VU Mixes.png
If they taste even half as good as they smell, then they will all be pretty badass. All my favorite recipes come from VU, hoping these go into regular rotation. Thanks Gals and Bro.

Heartsdelight

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Spent all day slaving in a hot bakery. 240ml of @Teresa P Buttermilk Pie, 240ml of @Pegleg Meg Caramel Custard and my last 100ml of @Matty Vapes Peanut Butter Cookie.
View attachment 111289
If they taste even half as good as they smell, then they will all be pretty badass. All my favorite recipes come from VU, hoping these go into regular rotation. Thanks Gals and Bro.
Nice labels!

jwill

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
Yes, I was admiring them too! Just what program/device does one need to be able to make these, @jwill?

These were printed on an epson LW-600P labeler using the 1/2in (12mm) Gold on Black labels. The labeler itself is several years old so there is likely a newer model. The labels themselves come from ebay and may not be a manufacturers option for label tape. They are still readily available.

If you have any kind of labeler, even a p-touch you can likely find non standard colored tape for it.

zephyr

Dirty Pirate Meg
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
@Pegleg Meg what is the recommended steep time for the caramel custard?

My dogs will not stop licking my fingers because they still smell like all the wonderful mixing done last night.

I like it immediately, but 3 days with some shaking or more for it to be better - maybe a week for that 8 oz monster you have there

jwill

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
@Matty Vapes. Your Peanut butter cookie doesn't suck at all and is ridiculously simple, and pretty damn good. I added an additional 1.25% Peanut Butter and 1% more of marshmallow.

The additional PB was to make it more pronounced as it was almost in the background. The additional marshmallow to smooth out the edges of the now more pronounced peanut butter. I think it was slightly muted by the 100%VG, this brought it into the foreground for me.

I imagine I will vape straight through this bottle and make some more when my nic shows up. I am changing the name for the next bottles to say "Matty Vapes Kick Ass Nutter Butter". That is really what it tastes like. Thank you for sharing this super simple delicacy.

jwill

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
I like it immediately, but 3 days with some shaking or more for it to be better - maybe a week for that 8 oz monster you have there

I believe in you. I went for the full enchilada since I like all of the required ingredients. I am going to vape yours to Job for a Cowboy and do some relaxing.

zephyr

Dirty Pirate Meg
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I believe in you. I went for the full enchilada since I like all of the required ingredients. I am going to vape yours to Job for a Cowboy and do some relaxing.

In the spirit of unity, I will make coils while listening to Job for a Cowboy :)

Edit: changed my mind, I'll go a similar direction though and listen to Iwrestledabearonce, I'm not much into american metal but I know I like them

jwill

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
In the spirit of unity, I will make coils while listening to Job for a Cowboy :)

Edit: changed my mind, I'll go a similar direction though and listen to Iwrestledabearonce, I'm not much into american metal but I know I like them

I will go with At the Gates since you are too good for trashy southern American metal. :)

jwill

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
I think IWABO is about as trashy as they get

They are awesome live, although I cannot say I am a big fan (a little too screamo for my tastes). I have one I think we can both agree on.

Acid Bath- Paegan Terrorism Tactics

Dax Riggs is a ball bag as a person but Acid Bath was amazing. They are from Louisiana also.

jwill

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
My GOC flavors will be here today. I've waited so long to try this...I'm trying not to camp out by the mailbox waiting for it.

If you didnt buy the big bottles you might as well go ahead and order them. This stuff is liquid crack and you will be wanting more.

jwill

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT

zephyr

Dirty Pirate Meg
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Just cracked open a bottle of this and it doesn't taste anything like it smells. It smells good and tastes great, this could easily be an ADV.

It's a little sweet, the vanilla is there and the custard is kind of subdued but present.

I love the simplicity and the ingredients go together. This is peas and carrots kind of goes together. @Pegleg Meg has a winner.

I'm at a 100% satisfaction rate with that one, with another comment of subtle in a sub-ohm tank yet not subtle at all in a rebuildable, glad you like it

I could say I spent two years on that, trying to make a caramel custard I would like enough to not change anything about it

Matty Vapes

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I'm at a 100% satisfaction rate with that one, with another comment of subtle in a sub-ohm tank yet not subtle at all in a rebuildable, glad you like it

I could say I spent two years on that, trying to make a caramel custard I would like enough to not change anything about it
I added it to my favourites to try one day. The one custard I made was better than anything I've bought at a store. I did a blueberry custard today and can see myself getting a little custard crazy if that works out as well.

jwill

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT

I started with an RDA but moved it to a triple RTA because I wouldn't put it down and it just feels good. Been vaping peanut butter all weekend so this was a taste bud shock and very welcome. It tastes great as 100% VG and I love how a little bit of the caramel hangs around after the exhale.

This is good stuff.

Rin Vapes

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Lately I've been just vaping FLV Essai by itself at 0.50%. It's kind of my palate cleanser. It's just a light floral tea... refreshing... non-cloying.

jambi

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
My tastes roam around quite a bit. I go through tobacco, fruit, cereal phases where I'll have a variety of a certain genre in rotation. I'm a daily vanilla custard addict and even have a tank devoted to just that genre, but even so I've got 4 different vanilla custards in rotation, including GOC, 3rd World, and a couple of my own, and rotate among them evenly. So I really don't have a top tier ADV.

jwill

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
So I got into the PV Buttermilk Pie Clone today from @Teresa P. While it tastes only slightly like the PV version it is on its own very, very good. It is in the same realm as the authentic one but is not as sweet and is missing a couple of flavor undertones. Maybe a bit of nut or even coconut, I am not sophisticated enough to figure it out.

This one will be in regular rotation.

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So I got into the PV Buttermilk Pie Clone today from @Teresa P. While it tastes only slightly like the PV version it is on its own very, very good. It is in the same realm as the authentic one but is not as sweet and is missing a couple of flavor undertones. Maybe a bit of nut or even coconut, I am not sophisticated enough to figure it out.

This one will be in regular rotation.
They probably use sweetener, I don't think this recipe calls for any. Coconut you say? What kind of nut? I keep a huge bottle of this mixed up, need to try some of the original and play with it. ;)

jwill

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
They probably use sweetener, I don't think this recipe calls for any. Coconut you say? What kind of nut? I keep a huge bottle of this mixed up, need to try some of the original and play with it. ;)

I can send you some of the real thing if you want to work it out. PM me the details, will send it out this weekend. After going side by side there is just some kind of secondary notes of flavor not there. Its hard to explain. If you have a refined pallet you will likely spot it immediately. My taste buds are only refined enough to tell me its missing something.

Rin Vapes

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Interesting! You don't see too many people touting floral flavors, or tea for that matter. Really is a nice change of pace to see someone enjoying something outside of the popular cliques.
I love florals... but I think people are turned off because they are expecting perfume.... and unfortunately some floral flavors are straight up perfume or potpourri. It's also hard to find a good tea but Flavorah knocked it out of the park with the teas they came out with a couple months ago.

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
Atm...

its my nectar tea ;)

.4% Whipped Cream
.8% Nectarine FLV
.15% Soursop FLV
.07% Jackfruit FLV
.2% Black Tea FLV
.4% Thai Chai FLV
Remember to shake it every day..
Let it sit for a few days.. perfection at day 3 ;)

Matty Vapes

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
added two more recipes to my repertoire that are ADV worthy. Sinnamon Coookie Custard & Bust a Nut. Both are off of ELR. So I basically have three solid ones I can either rotate through the day or day by day. I don't think I'm going to do much experimenting this month and just stick to these 3 for now. They are that good! (for me)

Fudgey Finger

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Lets see how you feel in a month. First you have to consider the time they will age since you tried them and if you get tired of them is another factor to consider.
I like this comment. I have had a ton of recipes that when I try them I think "OMG it's so good! I found a new ADV!" Only to be totally sick of it a month later.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
There is only one flavor I vape everyday but not usually all day and that is a Tobacco Blend. Although there some rare days I only vape a Tobacco Blend that could be 5 or 6 different ones.

Just Frank

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I like this comment. I have had a ton of recipes that when I try them I think "OMG it's so good! I found a new ADV!" Only to be totally sick of it a month later.

Happens to me too. I'm in my papaya phase right now and am loving it. But if history is any indicator, I will probably get sick of it. I don't know if I just over-do some flavors/recipes, or if I'm just a flavor wanderer lol.

jwill

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
Is there any good alternative to CAP cereal 27 ?

There are alternatives, will they fit exactly the same? Not really. Jungle Frosted Cereal would be one .

wildgypsy70

“Widgy Pidgy”
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Is there any good alternative to CAP cereal 27 ?
If one exists, I haven’t found it yet. There are other cereal flavors, but Cereal 27 is somewhat unique.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Been so many of those rare days lately lucky for me I have so many DIY Tobacco Blends, that now that I m vaping a Butterscotch Graham Tobacco Blend.

VU Sponsors