Become a Patron!

What's Up With Koolada?

StanleySpadowski

VU Donator
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I'm in dire straights with some of my flavors so I desperately need to place a new order to do some serious restocking! Naturally that also means picking up a few new flavors I haven't tried yet. Considering that it is now summertime weather I want to come up with some recipes that are light and refreshing to vape in the humid Michigan heat. One flavor that I come across in other people's mixes fairly often is Koolada. The name naturally sounds refreshing but at the same time it also makes me think of menthol. I truly despise menthol. So if someone could please give me a rundown description of Koolada I would greatly appreciate it!

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Tough to put more info into it than they describe, https://shop.perfumersapprentice.com/p-6825-koolada-10-pg.aspx , but I'll give it a go....

Fill a glass with ice, put your mouth over the opening and inhale deeply...Koolada! ;)
That was pretty dead on. Well done!!

@StanleySpadowski just don't use too much of it. Some use a drop or 2 in 10ml. I can't use it, it makes me cough my head off, but it does exactly what ZaTHRaS said. (@ZaTHRaS your name is tough to type out, LMAO)

RonJS

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
The name naturally sounds refreshing but at the same time it also makes me think of menthol. I truly despise menthol.

While, I guess, it's possible for someone to associate a cold (Koolada added) tobacco juice with menthol, I get no menthol attributes from Koolada. (No vapor rub) Start less than 1% and I've never gone over 2%.

If you desire to make some really cool shit this summer, you may wish to mix .8% Koolada with this flavor...
https://www.clubderdampfer.de/club-aroma-kuhmist-1ml.html
...(To taste) :eek:

Ron
:D
---
"I was not proud of what I had learned but I never doubted that it was worth knowing."- Hunter S. Thompson

StanleySpadowski

VU Donator
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Awesome thank you guys! Sounds exactly like what I'm looking for.

@RonJS What flavor percentage would you recommend that main flavor note be? I was thinking 5% but we have so much of it around it wouldn't be a problem to bump it up to 12

gopher_byrd

Cranky Old Fart
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Awesome thank you guys! Sounds exactly like what I'm looking for.

@RonJS What flavor percentage would you recommend that main flavor note be? I was thinking 5% but we have so much of it around it wouldn't be a problem to bump it up to 12
I'd go with 1% or less to start judging from the essence I get where I live...

RonJS

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years

Well, as a seasoned and skilled DIY'er as I am certain your are, I should now humbly suggest not just buying the aforementioned commercial flavor and instead to seek out the local essence (as well as important flavor notes and various attributes) by attempting a cold maceration PG NET. What percentage to then mix using that NET would contain variables I could not now, of course, properly address.

Ron
---
"Anything that gets your blood racing is probably worth doing."- Hunter S. Thompson

StanleySpadowski

VU Donator
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Lucky for me my grandfather owns a farm so I can get this flavor in abundance at no cost. If this takes off I'm gonna corner the market!:drunk:

RonJS

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Lucky for me my grandfather owns a farm so I can get this flavor in abundance at no cost. If this takes off I'm gonna corner the market!:drunk:

It certainly sounds like a good supply base is available. I'm not too sure about demand though...:luck:

Ron
---
~~The Only Way To Be In Style, Is To Be Out Of Style~~Jimi Hendrix

AlbyKortoona

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Watermelon 10%, Menthol 3%, Koolada 1%. The embodiment of refreshing. Yeah, I know, OP is a menthol hater. But I'm not and couldn't resist sharing for those who also like menthol. Koolada adds a kick that menthol alone lacks.

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I really hate menthol too, but Koolada isn't menthol at all, it's just cool. But yeah, you don't need much of it at all; if you use too much, it does add a weird whang to the flavor itself.

When I was first transitioning from tobacco flavors because I really couldn't stand them anymore, I made a cool pineapple flavor that was really good! Sorta like pineapple sherbet.

Andria

Chrispdx

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I personally love koolada. But to be honest I find one drop in a 15ml bottle hits the spot for bit of cooling.

I find two drops make the mix koolada first then flavors behind it. That's why to my favorite simple watermelon recpies they are mixed at 20mls...so I can have koolada as a hidden layer, but not a flavor.

AlbyKortoona

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
A "drop" is kind of a nebulous measurement. Depending on what you are dropping out of, and the viscosity of the liquid being dropped, the actual amount could be quite different. For my taste buds, one drop of koolada in 20mls would certainly be hidden...:)

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
A "drop" is kind of a nebulous measurement. Depending on what you are dropping out of, and the viscosity of the liquid being dropped, the actual amount could be quite different. For my taste buds, one drop of koolada in 20mls would certainly be hidden...:)

I agree. For very minute amounts, I prefer to deal with .00 measurements -- yeah the syringes are cheapo plastic, but it's still more precise than "drops."

Andria

VU Sponsors