Become a Patron!

What's the last Movie you saw?

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
do you go on the car audio forums ? there is a guy there like that, and he spends BUCKS.
Nah. I never really liked car audio because typically it just hurts my ears with metallic/harsh sounding treble... in such a tight acoustic space it's even more annoying than a metal dome tweeter of a fullsize box speaker placed inside an average domestic/small music listening room, and that I already can't stand so it is why I went for front speakers that use remarkable waveguide ceramic dome tweeters, and also the folded ribbon tweeters of the Airmotiv bi-amped monitors. If you like to truly listen (i.e. not doing anything else whilst listening, and sitting in the sweet spot whilst listening at reference levels of decibels) and you like to listen to quality recordings of piano music, then you'll know you can't follow a single note of the piano if the speakers aren't capable to produce a linear smooth top end frequency response with the kind of proper detail that many would call fatiguing because it lets you hear every tiny distraction that weighs on your ability to remain deeply focused, or 'connected' to the actual music itself.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Watched Hunter Killer tonight and I really enjoyed it~! Reminded me of The Hunt For Red October, but better, which says a lot. Had a high rating on IMDB and the coming attractions or teasers made me want to see it.

Last edited:

Artemis

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Watched "Game Night" tonight. I thought it sucked. I didn't catch the comedy aspect at all. The first hour dragged on miserably.The rest was watchable.

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Finally got to see Bohemian Rhapsody -- it was great, I really enjoyed it, since Queen was practically the background music when I was in high school -- when I was 14, I traded a friend of mine at school a 45 of Heart's Magic Man for a 45 of Bohemian Rhapsody. Cue all the millenials going "what's the hell's a '45'?" :giggle:

But the movie was a real tear-jerker too, that godawful disease that was so new then, just stealing that great talent away from us. And yes, I think the makeup people did get a bit carried away with his overbite; Freddie definitely had a very pronounced overbite, but it wasn't nearly as pronounced as the actor's in the movie. But that actor definitely nailed the persona, absolutely perfectly.

One review I read talked about how the movie showed his "decadent and depraved lifestyle," but I didn't see anything in the movie that was anymore depraved than anything I was involved in, in the 80s. It WAS the 80s! Sex and drugs and rock n roll!

Andria

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Watched Creed II last night it was good but it wasn't a Rocky movie. BH is in my Queue

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Just watched The Cove. About the slaughter of dolphins in Japan. Very disturbing

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I can't recall which of you are fellow GoT fans -- any of you that saw Bohemian Rhapsody, recognize the guy that played John Reid? Same guy that played Littlefinger. :giggle:

And that record co. exec who Freddie said would go down in history as "the guy that lost Queen" -- apparently THAT was Mike Meyers; I didn't recognize him, he's EXTREMELY made up for that role, but my son recognized his voice, said it sounded like Shrek. :giggle:

I think the guy who played Brian May was the best resemblance in the whole movie. Roger Taylor's actor was also pretty good, but none of them resembled the real person as much as the Brian May actor.

Andria

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I enjoyed Peppermint also and Jennifer Garner sure was ripped~! Wasn't all a shoot em up because she could go toe to toe with the best of them.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Not a movie, but so very interesting, a 3-hour documentary on YouTube called "Live Aid: Against All Odds," mostly about Bob Geldof and his "personality," and his transition into fund-raising for African relief. Lots of good behind-the-scenes information about the musicians and organizers of Live Aid. Haven't quite finished it yet, but it's on my list for later today. Be aware, though, if you decide to watch it - it's tough on the emotions. There are some absolutely gut-wrenching scenes of tragic situations in Ethiopia. Those scenes, though, are what got Bob involved in the first place, from seeing them on the news at his home. Quite a story, or rather, quite a lot of stories, enlightening.

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Bohemian Rhapsody for the third time, only a thousand more to go....I LOVE that movie <3
Freddy won some awards last night at the Oscar's I believe. Aquaman was in a pink suit. Looked like a salmon. I know I know. He could salmon his way up yalls stream anytime. Lmao. Sorry I know I'm crude. But someone has to see the humor in that. Lmao

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Bohemian Rhapsody for the third time, only a thousand more to go....I LOVE that movie <3

It's growing on me.

Rami won Best Actor in a Leading Role, and the film won three other Oscars for editing and sound.

If you haven't seen Rami's acceptance speech, you really should. It was awesome. He made Lucy Boynton cry.

The Queen performance with Adam Lambert with a stunning picture of Freddie in the background, right at the end of their performance, was a nice touch, too.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Freddy won some awards last night at the Oscar's I believe. Aquaman was in a pink suit. Looked like a salmon. I know I know. He could salmon his way up yalls stream anytime. Lmao. Sorry I know I'm crude. But someone has to see the humor in that. Lmao

Aquaman dude reminds me of Favio. 'Nuf said. :eek:

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yeah, he's easy on the eyes but in the long run he burps, farts, scratches himself, and misses the toilet just like the rest of you. :rolleyes: ;)

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Elvis & Nixon on Prime

Hysterical!

Nailz

FUCK the FDA
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Trading Paint, something to watch, but nothing special.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Summer of '84. Not bad at all, for that hokie kinda 80's vibe serial killer kinda thing.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
The Girl in the Spiders Web last night and we both enjoyed it immensely.

Garemlin

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I watched the first episode of American Gods tonight. I read the book but it was a loooooooong time ago, don't really recall it too well, or actually, at all. :D Had to do something, since season 4 of Outlander is now finished. *sniff* GoT starts in April! Woohoo!

Andria

Damn forgot that was starting back up. Still need to get caught up on Counterpart. And Into the Bandlands and GoT are coming soon.

Tap'd from my iPhone XR

Garemlin

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Watched A Star is Born and Bohemian Rhapsody both for the third time each.

Tap'd from my iPhone XR

Garemlin

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Ready Player One, last night. was better than I thought it would be. if your a "gamer", you will probably really like it.

Awesome movie. I have watched it many times. Tons of 80s pop culture references.

Tap'd from my iPhone XR

Jinx'd

Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Awesome movie. I have watched it many times. Tons of 80s pop culture references.

Tap'd from my iPhone XR

my wife was like WTF did you get that for ! :mad:. half way through she was like "hey, this is pretty good'

Garemlin

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
my wife was like WTF did you get that for ! :mad:. half way through she was like "hey, this is pretty good'

Bought it on 4k during black Friday. Such a visually stunning movie. Now I'm in the mood to watch it again.

Tap'd from my iPhone XR

Jinx'd

Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
I don't have 4k. it would cost me somewhere around 3-5 grand for that. 119" 1080p is just fine by me. mine is stunning.

VU Sponsors