Become a Patron!

Whats Better?

skt239

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
If find that almost any decent RTA with a good build beats a subohm tank.. that being said, in my experience, the crown had great flavor but the coils didn’t last long at all. The herakles plus is the only tank I’ve ever used with good flavor and long lasting coils. But I’m way behind the times on sub ohm tanks. A lot of people say these new mesh coil tanks, like the fire luke are the new best thing.

Last edited:

wildgypsy70

“Widgy Pidgy”
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I love my Crowns.....use them everyday! The OG Herakles, as well. Love, love those tanks. The Fireluke, though amazing, was a little much for me. The Cobra, on the other hand, is wonderful. Lots of flavor, lots of coil life(at least two weeks). That said, I oscillate between many tanks all day long, especially when I’m home. Probably not a lot of help, but......:D

ChrisL

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Can't go wrong with any of the sub ohm tanks mentioned above. I use them all. I do prefer the Horizontech Arco 2 and the new Horizontech Falcon tank with the flax coils. Great flavor with almost no break-in time and awesome vapor production. Most coils depending on juice, vg, etc can last 3 weeks plus. I highly recommend you give them a try.

jworm49

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Hi All,

Is there any tanks out there that are better then the original crown or crown 3 for flavour, vapour production, and coil life?

Regards,
Pete
I have a crown 3 an arco 2 and a fireluke mesh. The fireluke is by far the best for me flavor wise. Coil life for me on sweet juice is 3-4 days. others have said as much as 2 weeks. The flavor is very good though.

JMB17

Bronze Contributor
Member For 1 Year
I think the fireluke is better and actually prefer the cleito 120 to the crown 3 too. Crown 3 is good but I actually still prefer crown v1

I haven't tried the cleito 120 but I've tried the FreeMax FireLuke and it was awful. I thought maybe the coil was faulty so I changed the coil and let it steep almost 40 minutes but still no improvement. I couldn't return it so I just gave it away to my cousin's friend who wanted it because it looked nice but he agreed it wasn't good. Haven't tried the V1 either. I'll give it a try since I'm a fan of uwell.

SkoldVape

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I haven't tried the cleito 120 but I've tried the FreeMax FireLuke and it was awful. I thought maybe the coil was faulty so I changed the coil and let it steep almost 40 minutes but still no improvement. I couldn't return it so I just gave it away to my cousin's friend who wanted it because it looked nice but he agreed it wasn't good. Haven't tried the V1 either. I'll give it a try since I'm a fan of uwell.
I think problem is with stock coil tanks is getting dud coils which make a tank have no flavour whatsoever.
Like with the crown 3 I had a bad batch of coils. If I got coils now it would probably be better. I really wanna like the crown 3 cos love the first one!

JMB17

Bronze Contributor
Member For 1 Year
I think problem is with stock coil tanks is getting dud coils which make a tank have no flavour whatsoever.
Like with the crown 3 I had a bad batch of coils. If I got coils now it would probably be better. I really wanna like the crown 3 cos love the first one!

A couple months ago there was a short period when almost every pack of coils for the C3 had at lease 2 duds but it's been a couple months where I haven't had a single dud. Fingers crossed I continue to have this luck. I get 0.5 coils and I'm really happy with the flavour.

SkoldVape

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
A couple months ago there was a short period when almost every pack of coils for the C3 had at lease 2 duds but it's been a couple months where I haven't had a single dud. Fingers crossed I continue to have this luck. I get 0.5 coils and I'm really happy with the flavour.
I'll order some cos I really wanna like this tank. The machining is flawless

SkoldVape

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hopefully you end up loving it. Don't blame me if you don't! :shades:
Lmao I actually had a good spell with it. I was using the 0.25 coils for a few months an getting awesome flavor then had a spell of bad coils but it was well above average! :)

I ended up trying out the Falcon by Horizontech and I'm actually really impressed with it, I actually think it beats the crown 3 in all aspects and I'm using the the F1 coil. Haven't tried the M1 out yet but think it could be even better then the F1 and if thats the case it will be my full time sub ohm tank.

Just Frank

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I ended up trying out the Falcon by Horizontech and I'm actually really impressed with it, I actually think it beats the crown 3 in all aspects and I'm using the the F1 coil. Haven't tried the M1 out yet but think it could be even better then the F1 and if thats the case it will be my full time sub ohm tank.
That one looks like a great tank.

Yeah nothing wrong with the Crown 3, personally I feel that the Falcon is a step up from it though, since changing over to the Falcon I haven't looked back. I used the Crown 3 for quite a while actually.

SkoldVape

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yeah nothing wrong with the Crown 3, personally I feel that the Falcon is a step up from it though, since changing over to the Falcon I haven't looked back. I used the Crown 3 for quite a while actually.
The Falcon is gonna be my next purchase but I'm loving my Artic V2 atm

VU Sponsors