Become a Patron!

What watt to vape at 0.11 ohms?

New to this forums, seeking advice from you all. I have HeavenVape Dual Rta tank with double helix custom coils. The resistance is 0.11ohms. I wanna know what watts should I vape at? Normally, I am vaping at 60 watts or 70 watts but it gives a little juice back. Like the driptip i can see some vapor on it. The fire mode is at powerful. I wanna know what watts should i smoke at?

Attachments

• 1962D90E-0F07-4787-A403-4FE6A20B356C.jpeg
    1962D90E-0F07-4787-A403-4FE6A20B356C.jpeg
    105.7 KB · Views: 20

Theboss

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
New to this forums, seeking advice from you all. I have HeavenVape Dual Rta tank with double helix custom coils. The resistance is 0.11ohms. I wanna know what watts should I vape at? Normally, I am vaping at 60 watts or 70 watts but it gives a little juice back. Like the driptip i can see some vapor on it. The fire mode is at powerful. I wanna know what watts should i smoke at?
You're using a regulated mod, vape at whatever wattage you like. 60-70 watts is perfectly normal for a lot of people at .11.

What you see on the drip tip is condensation and is completely normal, there's no way to eliminate that.

Lastly, you're NOT SMOKING, you're vaping!

casketweaver

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I usually won't say this, but I'll say it anyway...

honestly depending on what it is is it a subtank is it you know a pre-built coil is it something that you made yourself? Vape it whatever wattage you feel comfortable with. Obviously if you use a higher wattage you run the chance of a dry hit or burn in your cotton. but if you trying to vape it too low it's not going to heat up fast enough depending on how much wire is there and the surface area of the coil.

I have coils at home that are .15 to .2 and oddly enough their sweet spot is between 25 and 30 watts. It's just enough power to heat them up officially but at the same time it doesn't make the vape scorching hot.

As for the spit back, it's not really a lot I can tell you and there's not really a whole lot I can suggest to eliminate that. Bringing up your wattage doesn't always eliminate it. a bit more wick usually helps with that because what spit back is telling you that there's too much juice getting to the coil.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

You're using a regulated mod, vape at whatever wattage you like. 60-70 watts is perfectly normal for a lot of people at .11.

What you see on the drip tip is condensation and is completely normal, there's no way to eliminate that.

Lastly, you're NOT SMOKING, you're vaping!
Thanks for the quick response. I will try at 60-70 watts powerful mode. I am attaching a picture of what i am trying to refer to on the drip tip. Happy Vaping!

Attachments

• 20D4C689-8130-44E0-A52A-24C1B7517553.jpeg
    20D4C689-8130-44E0-A52A-24C1B7517553.jpeg
    1,019.6 KB · Views: 17
I usually won't say this, but I'll say it anyway...

honestly depending on what it is is it a subtank is it you know a pre-built coil is it something that you made yourself? Vape it whatever wattage you feel comfortable with. Obviously if you use a higher wattage you run the chance of a dry hit or burn in your cotton. but if you trying to vape it too low it's not going to heat up fast enough depending on how much wire is there and the surface area of the coil.

I have coils at home that are .15 to .2 and oddly enough their sweet spot is between 25 and 30 watts. It's just enough power to heat them up officially but at the same time it doesn't make the vape scorching hot.

As for the spit back, it's not really a lot I can tell you and there's not really a whole lot I can suggest to eliminate that. Bringing up your wattage doesn't always eliminate it. a bit more wick usually helps with that because what spit back is telling you that there's too much juice getting to the coil.

actually I didn’t make the coil but the vapor shop helps me do it along with the cotton. They have good reputation. The drip tip is condensation as TheBoss said. Still i am attaching a picture of it. Just for clearing the confusion.

Attachments

• D9CC2F69-483B-4E27-9576-4E7DD40C2DC6.jpeg
    D9CC2F69-483B-4E27-9576-4E7DD40C2DC6.jpeg
    1,019.6 KB · Views: 10

casketweaver

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Condensation is going to happen. You're inhaling a vaporized liquid. When that liquid cools down enough, it will leave behind droplets.

Condensation is going to happen. You're inhaling a vaporized liquid. When that liquid cools down enough, it will leave behind droplets.

Oh so i am good to go? I was worried that maybe it’s spitback, i watched so many videos but still wanted to confirm lol. Thanks a lot.

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Your in TCR mode. For that mod, SS316L is also power mode - or watts mode,,,even if the coil is not SS316L. So change that to say SS316L.
Try that. If you still get juice up in the tip, try Powerful +

casketweaver

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Oh so i am good to go? I was worried that maybe it’s spitback, i watched so many videos but still wanted to confirm lol. Thanks a lot.
Yeah usually man. Trust me if it was actually spit back, The inside of your mouth would surely know it. because nothing says f*** this s*** more than a hot drop of a liquid coming off the coil and landing on your tongue. but yeah I wouldn't worry too much about condensation on the inside of the drip tip dude it doesn't matter what you do You're always going to have it even if there was a shield or a filter or screen below that drip tip it's always going to happen.

yeah when you said spit back I thought you were actually meeting like pot liquid was popping up and landing on your tongue or something.

Your in TCR mode. For that mod, SS316L is also power mode - or watts mode,,,even if the coil is not SS316L. So change that to say SS316L.
I changed the watts to 70 and the mode to SS316L, is it fine? I was getting it wrong. It was just condensation on the drip tip. No juice or little pops of hot juice comes up my tongue.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 7
Yeah usually man. Trust me if it was actually spit back, The inside of your mouth would surely know it. because nothing says f*** this s*** more than a hot drop of a liquid coming off the coil and landing on your tongue. but yeah I wouldn't worry too much about condensation on the inside of the drip tip dude it doesn't matter what you do You're always going to have it even if there was a shield or a filter or screen below that drip tip it's always going to happen.

yeah when you said spit back I thought you were actually meeting like pot liquid was popping up and landing on your tongue or something.

It happened with me one time. I filled the jucie and the whole fucking liquid came up my mouth. And it was super cool series. Lol

I want to know that how long should i wait after refilling the tank with e juice. Like let it sit for few minutes? And do i need to puff without pressing fire button few times

casketweaver

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I want to know that how long should i wait after refilling the tank with e juice. Like let it sit for few minutes? And do i need to puff without pressing fire button few times

Best thing, let it wait a few seconds, and afterwards, take a few dry pulls (without firing) then fire and give her a shot.

Theboss

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
If you're asking how long you should wait after installing a new coil, it should sit for 5-10 minutes. If you're just filling your tank you don't have to let it sit at all.

Drawing without firing is a method some people use to help the wicking on a brand new coil in sub ohm tanks. You wouldn't need to do this after the coil is well primed.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
So change that to say SS316L.

If you change it to SS coil you MUST Set the Temperature because you will be in TC Mode which require you to set Watts and Temperature and the powerful or whatever Modes will be for a faster Ramp Up time. Good Luck

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
If you change it to SS coil you MUST Set the Temperature because you will be in TC Mode which require you to set Watts and Temperature and the powerful or whatever Modes will be for a faster Ramp Up time. Good Luck
There's no setting that labels the screen W [watts].
Even thought on the left of the screen it will say SS316L,,,it's in wattage mode when your not using a TC compatible coil. The screen will say SS316L but you cannot adjust temp or joules [or they have no effect],,,only wattage.

Last edited:

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I have coils at home that are .15 to .2 and oddly enough their sweet spot is between 25 and 30 watts.

Adding in I've got a SS coil at .35 now doing about 15 watts. It's lovely. :) It all depends on the build, wicking. I can now say, ... oh wait I better not say that. ;)

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
That mod can be a little confusing. (YIHI)
You can run wattage mode or Joules mode on any kind of wire. For now, let's just say that outside of temperature control, they operate roughly the same.

If however you are using any form of TC, meaning if you choose SS/TI/ or NI, OR manual TCR, only the joules setting will have any effect on the power delivered to the coils. The watts setting does nothing in TC.

If you're using a .11 build of SS 316L, I'd suggest manual TCR of about 100 and 70 joules or so as a starting point.

I apologize if all this has been said already. In a hurry this morning, but I've spent a lot of time with that mod.

Last edited:

DonBaldy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm a little late on this thread, but I currently vaping some .11 coils and it'll be anywhere from 70 - 90 w depending on my mood.

VU Sponsors