Become a Patron!

What was your worst vape purchase.

thewanderernick

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I guess i just wanna hear about things to stay away from is all.

Pauly Walnuts

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Lots of people love it, but my worst purchase was the magma rda. The airflow was way too tight and the afc ring was constantly wet.
Like I said, lots of people love it, but I traded it the first chance I got.

Also, stock coils for the atlantisv2 and arctic. I bought each ohm resistance coil for each tank and they all SUCKED.
The good news is, the atlantis lends itself to horizontal coil builds with real cotton, which is much better.

CrazyChef

Custom Hand Crafted Coils - PureCoils.com
VU Vendor
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Capella Bacon Flavor. Downright nasty. Tastes just like the Liquid Smoke you buy in the grocery store.

CrazyChef

VU Vendor
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Currently out of stock. Darn.

CrazyChef

VU Vendor
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I saw that video, too. Didn't he end up puking? I can't remember.

NYNURSE

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Worst purchase was my first (and only) attempt at cigalikes. Those suckers were only good for airplane rides and hurricanes while I was working.

Discobob

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Kayfun lite from FT. That would of been fine if they didn't forget to drill a hole for airflow, it was also missing deck screws.

As far as juice, i randomly got "Mr. Meyagi by ADAM" in a Zamplebox, i was excited to try it with the Karate Kid reference, odd bottle shape and dropper. the label had a prisim reflection thing happening and a bonzai tree graphic.. i thought it was going to be amazing by looking at it but it was so fucking disgusting, I had to throw away brand new coils because the flavor wouldn't come out.

I got the same thing in my first and only zample box and the bottle got cracked on the side and leaked half out all over the rest of the box....I'm sure you can imagine how bad it smelled. Its some sort of tea flavor and yes it was the worst thing I have ever vaped. Last zample box I had cancelled the subscription due to every flavor was the exact same, taste I mean. They were horrible, so now I DIY and never looking back.

So I guess my worst would be the zample box, awesome concept but too much of a gamble...

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Wow, there have been alot...the juice I bought from virgin vapers. stands out, the ramie I bought,xc-116 ceramic wicks,a couple of Youde gennys, shit I gotta list....I'm a sucker...oh yeah the rsst.

Last edited:

martinelias

Silver Contributor
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
The first few subtanks, mpv, mutation v3, original doge.._ doge v2 was my adv for a few months though.

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Worse experience? Back in the day when I was using cartomizers, I bought 2 10 packs from Fasttech, Boge knockoffs. Instead of being 2 Ohm, they were .9 Ohm. Nastiest, most horrible dry hit I have ever had in my life. Tasted like burning rubber and strawberry.

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
My iStick50....died about two weeks after I got it.

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Worse experience? Back in the day when I was using cartomizers, I bought 2 10 packs from Fasttech, Boge knockoffs. Instead of being 2 Ohm, they were .9 Ohm. Nastiest, most horrible dry hit I have ever had in my life. Tasted like burning rubber and strawberry.
mmmmm...ruberry...back in the day about 1/3 of the authentic cartomizers were shite, you had to toss.thats what drove me into rebuildables.
although Boge,Ikenvape, were the best of a bad bunch.

Last edited:

Fossal

Member For 4 Years
A Groove II, in bright chrome, with OCD I was almost hospitalised trying to keep it clean. I swear it would suck fingerprints out of the air untill the wife fixed it with a scotchbrite pad. I gave the Groove away and kept the wife.

Deeks

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I would say my most disappointing purchase was probably the Plume Veil 1.5. I was all jacked up about this RDA then it leaked so badly out of the post air flow holes, and the o-rings didn't really fit well and always scrunched up when I would take the top off to drip. It was a pain in the ass and I'm glad I got rid of it. Second most disappointing would be the Magma for sure. Didn't exactly live up to my expectations.

Worst purchase was probably a kanger protank mini clone I got with my very first ego set up. That was a piece of shit and I could taste the glue that held the plastic tank to the metal sleeves or whatever. That thing lasted a week, almost caused me to give up vaping entirely.

Slurve

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Cinnamon licorice liquid.

Sent from my LG-H810 using Tapatalk

burley

Picky Bearded 'Backy Bum
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
DK Tobacco flavoring. It's the exact same flavoring used by so, so many vendors out there and I can't stand it at all. Tastes like fish. Mount Baker used it in their 'East Coast Blend' and Vapor Chef in 'Tobacco #13' - no thank you. I knew the moment I cracked that lid that I had just wasted three bucks.

Oh, a knock-off RBA from a discount online store that had absolutely no build space, and completely shredded the o-rings on the first tear-down - so that was another ten bucks lost right there.

Oh, wait, here we go! A K101 mechanical and a pair of eFest batteries. Rinky, shitty mechanical shorted out on me less than a week after I bought it and vented one of the batteries. Never trusted the mod nor eFest ever again, though I know it's the mod's fault and not the battery's - throwing the baby out with the bathwater on that one.

FastTech Nemesis clone. Couldn't get it to fire for the life of me. Had a buddy look at it, said he couldn't get it working either. So that's garbage.

There's a few regrets in that drawer of vape stuff.

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
The absolute worst thing I ever purchased was the CE4 "Stardust" clearomizer.

This was back when I first started vaping and it came damn close to sending me off to by a pack of Cigs and start smoking again!

As an extra bonus they came with machine oil still on the coils from the manufacturing process and for $6 they would not last a week.

Why hell are they still making and selling that junk I do not know.

serenity219

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I think for many vapers, the worst purchases are at the beginning. That first cigalike kit, that Ego-T with the ce4 clearo and every spinner I have ever bought ceased to work within six months. It took persistence to find something I was satisfied with.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Slurve

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Jeez that sounds nasty to me without trying
Yeah, I was getting tired of sweets and fruits so I thought I wanted something different but it was sooo strong. I still have most of the 30ml bottle. I just mix it with vanilla custard or if I feel vapers tongue coming on it's a cure.

Sent from my LG-H810 using Tapatalk

RooRoo

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
We 're on the same page dear. BTW which flavour did you bought from Blu ecigs? And which brand are you trusting right now?
When I did Blu, a back 'n forth of Vanilla and Menthol. The packs kept dying so I went back to cigs.
Then I tried the disposable clearomizer Buck Naked 650, was using Tsunami (I think it was called) juice. The store that carried it no longer did, so I had a battery with several dirty tanks. Smoked cigarettes again.

Both let me down on my way to break the smoke stick, but a little over a month ago, Lotus 1000mah VV, and it's brand juices got me off the smokes. Now I have that VV Pen still, an Aspire 1600mah VV BlueCF and a recent purchase Kanger SubBox Starter Kit, juices now vary. :)

But yeah, Blu set me away from cig-a-likes for life. Most money wasted so far on vape gear to date.

chuck.finley

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
The Aspire Nautilus starter kit with the 1000mah battery that came with it. Bought it for my dad to quit smoking... He's not used it. Says he can't vape without getting choked to death. But he'll smoke a pack a day.... I tell him to stop hitting it like an analog and he won't choke!

chuck.finley

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Other than the, the Kanger clearos with the silica wicks. Crappiest draw and worst flavor ever. And it leaked like all hell.

The Aspire Nautilus starter kit with the 1000mah battery that came with it. Bought it for my dad to quit smoking... He's not used it. Says he can't vape without getting choked to death. But he'll smoke a pack a day.... I tell him to stop hitting it like an analog and he won't choke!
That's odd. It was the kit I bought when I first started vaping and it still works great. As a matter of fact, I bought two more Nautilus Minis and I use all 3 with my iStick 30w. Maybe he's trying the wrong juice?

chuck.finley

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Well I think he's allergic to either PG or VG to the point that it gags him. I've tried to get him to try vaping but he chokes everytime and gets very little vapor. He tried last night and said he almost blacked out... :eek: So IDK what the deal is. I swear he's just hitting it wrong but why would someone almost pass out like that???? o_O

Vaping_Vixen

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
My Mystic Haus Vape .. thing was god awful ....

cage

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
"In the style of" iStick 30W from FT with an "in the style of" Kanger Subtank Mini. The tank is great but the coil was jacked and tasted even worse. With a real coil the thing is perfect. The iStick clone is a complete POS....wont fire any atty that I have unless its screwed halfway on and then the atty wobbles. Should have just spent the money on a real subtank mini instead....

When I did Blu, a back 'n forth of Vanilla and Menthol. The packs kept dying so I went back to cigs.
Then I tried the disposable clearomizer Buck Naked 650, was using Tsunami (I think it was called) juice. The store that carried it no longer did, so I had a battery with several dirty tanks. Smoked cigarettes again.

Both let me down on my way to break the smoke stick, but a little over a month ago, Lotus 1000mah VV, and it's brand juices got me off the smokes. Now I have that VV Pen still, an Aspire 1600mah VV BlueCF and a recent purchase Kanger SubBox Starter Kit, juices now vary. :)

But yeah, Blu set me away from cig-a-likes for life. Most money wasted so far on vape gear to date.

I tried the tobacco flavour of blu tank 3 years back, but was disgusted with the what I received! I found the flavour mixed with other. It tastes very bad.

Then I gave up on blu and tried the others. V2cigs, Nicmaxx & migcigs are some of the brands which I preferred now. :)

The Ocelot

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I love the RĂĽzgar RTA (I currently have 3 authentic ones), but it's pricey. I don't have a problem with people buying clones, as long as they are good quality, so I ordered a fake one from China to try it out. The me emphasize fake as in counterfeit. At first glance it looks just like an authentic, down to the Highwind logo, but when taken apart it's not even close. One of the best things about the RĂĽz is how easy it is to fill or remove the deck without having to empty the juice, but you can't with the fake. I was so annoyed I didn't try it, but even if it vaped great it would be a modified Kayfun, not a RĂĽz.

Markw4mms

#Team Jimi Supporter
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I guess my worst "recent" purchase was the two Fogger v5 tanks I bought on clearance for $12.95 a piece. The flavor is good, but they are temperamental as hell to wick where they don't flood. At least I didn't loose too much money on them.

kwtony

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The worse was also the best......lizard juice......

worse because it was tough to operate, best because it started the ball rolling for me...

then i gave it to my roommate...then...well...the sky is the limit....#cloudchasers

We still have Number 1 somewhere around here for posterity sake

ForrestGump

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Dark Horse RDA. one of the posts just randomly fell off. I will never buy another rda with 3 pressfit posts ever again.

cage

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I can't fathom why anybody would buy that fastech crap.

I bought a clone rig out of pure curiosity and I probably won't do it again! This is not something that I would recommend to anyone (much less a friend!!) that doesn't have the money to throw away if it doesn't work out. I'm keeping the mod for parts but the tank is usable despite the crap stock coil.

I would buy from them so long as it is authentic and I'm not in a hurry for the slow boat to get here.

Swoop_81

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Tasted super chemically! I will never order from them again. I GAVE my juice away that I ordered AFTER it steeped! Just a horrible experience.

Sent from my SM-G925T using Tapatalk

thewanderernick

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I have had a few really crap juices too, but thankfully i was just testing them in the shop

VU Sponsors