Become a Patron!

What to buy

Lizzardking

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Started vaping in Dec my first device the aspire pockex aio that lil thing was not me so I bought a fuhatten mech mod that came with a mutation 4 n vapeston maganus the guy at the shop was Ravin about the avacado 24 bottom airflow so I bought one n got a set of alien claptons the pair ohms at .125 my mech can safely handle one coil at .25 ohm . I wanna unleash the avacado to its full potential so been shopping around can't decide eBay got a guy sellin movikin 200 for about $40 n needs batteries or thinking new smok alien or new wismec 300 both with batteries would be about $100 can't decide

gbalkam

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
Well, first of all.. that mech is an advanced user vaping device. But, the more you know, the safer they are. Always use top quality brand name samsung, sony or lg batteries. Not the cheap re-wraps. God knows what is actually under that wrapper. The reason is.. IF you install a coil wrong or use the wrong tank or have a hard short, those batteries will heat up and vent, but they won't blow up in your face. Check out Moochs Blog.. for everything you want to know about batteries. (including stress tests)

Now.. Smok, Wismec, and Sigelei are good brands. I am looking at purchasing a Sigelei Fuchai 360 in the near future.
IJoy and Kangertech are also good. But.. I am not a huge fan of Ijoy at the moment. Problem with the fire button getting dirt inside and then not working, unless you can take the mod apart, and fix the toggle switch. Hopefully, they used better parts on newer mods. Mine is an Asolo.
I would avoid ISticks. Not a fan of the way the 510 socket is put together. (it is pressed in, like a wheel bearing on a car) and if it comes out.. it just never goes in right again.

From the reviews I have seen and forum posts, the Sigelei came out slightly ahead of the other brands. Not enough to say the others are bad, just enough to say Sigelei is a bit better. LOL.

Lizzardking

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Well, first of all.. that mech is an advanced user vaping device. But, the more you know, the safer they are. Always use top quality brand name samsung, sony or lg batteries. Not the cheap re-wraps. God knows what is actually under that wrapper. The reason is.. IF you install a coil wrong or use the wrong tank or have a hard short, those batteries will heat up and vent, but they won't blow up in your face. Check out Moochs Blog.. for everything you want to know about batteries. (including stress tests)

Now.. Smok, Wismec, and Sigelei are good brands. I am looking at purchasing a Sigelei Fuchai 360 in the near future.
IJoy and Kangertech are also good. But.. I am not a huge fan of Ijoy at the moment. Problem with the fire button getting dirt inside and then not working, unless you can take the mod apart, and fix the toggle switch. Hopefully, they used better parts on newer mods. Mine is an Asolo.
I would avoid ISticks. Not a fan of the way the 510 socket is put together. (it is pressed in, like a wheel bearing on a car) and if it comes out.. it just never goes in right again.

From the reviews I have seen and forum posts, the Sigelei came out slightly ahead of the other brands. Not enough to say the others are bad, just enough to say Sigelei is a bit better. LOL.

Lizzardking

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Lol ugh that just makes it harder now cause I like the fuchai to n the name matches my fuhatten lol oh I'm using the batts that the dude had sold with his misfortune my gain awt 40a the yellow ones got mxjo 35a but heard the true reading is more closer to 25 n I drain that battery in about 4 hours I love the simplicity of a mech you hit button it fires no computers or chips like the box mods just push n got vapor lol just wanna be able to fire this set of coils safely from other threads this mech can handle both I just don't like the battery tube gets warm

gbalkam

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
Lol ugh that just makes it harder now cause I like the fuchai to n the name matches my fuhatten lol oh I'm using the batts that the dude had sold with his misfortune my gain awt 40a the yellow ones got mxjo 35a but heard the true reading is more closer to 25 n I drain that battery in about 4 hours I love the simplicity of a mech you hit button it fires no computers or chips like the box mods just push n got vapor lol just wanna be able to fire this set of coils safely from other threads this mech can handle both I just don't like the battery tube gets warm
mxjo are probably the worst batteries. Mainly because they mis-represent the battery properties. Example.. mxjo if you say they are actually 25 (I thought they were 20, but we'll call them 25) are listing the Amps at 40% HIGHER than the actual "safe" constant discharge rate. Now where you use 0.25 ohm coil, you are fine, since a 20A battery pulls 20A at 0.21 ohms. (So still in the "safe" zone) *I quote safe because nothing is 100% safe. So "safe" actually means 'within acceptable limits'.* But.. imagine if you were cloud chasing, thinking you could do a 0.04 ohm build... and BOOM. As far as I am aware, 30A is the highest made. Perhaps the 40 amp cell is even worse, but i haven't researched those. Samsung 25R (or the newer samsung 5ta (?) will easily handle both of your coils. They have a very slow internal chemistry. I wouldn't chain vape on them below 0.12, but as long as you check the battery temp every 3 or 4 pulls, you should be ok. I am using a 0.06 ohm build (dual coil) on mine, and 3 or 4 hits is no problem, but you do need to let them rest 30 seconds between pulls. (don't try this on your batteries, and know what your cells can really handle before building low ohm builds. Again, mooch has the stress tests in his blog.) I won't say any builds are "safe" but used properly, anything above 0.15 ohm on a decent battery is "within acceptable limits".

Now of course the brand name batteries cost a little more.. ($2 to $6 more) but compare that to the price of your mod, and what could happen to your face if the cheap batteries go into thermal run and go boom... even $6 is pretty cheap.

The way I look at it, if a company has to lie about the battery specs, they should not be trusted. Samsung, Sony, LG, and Panosonic rely on their reputation for making quality batteries (when used and charged properly- I mean, good batteries can't account for stupid). Also, be sure you check your battery wraps, I usually check mine when I take them out of the charger. A small hole in the side can arc to the mod and bad stuff happens.(it would be like having the fire button stick, but worse) Battery wraps are about 15 cents each.. so I keep a dozen or so on hand in my coil building kit. (make sure the white ring on top of the battery STAYS on top of the battery.. that is an insulator.)

A lot of the ramp up time is just a matter of your coil build.

I use http://www.steam-engine.org/ to calculate my builds. Very handy site.

VU Sponsors