Become a Patron!

What the hell am I doing wrong???

I have a smok alien 220w mod and run the big baby beast tank on it. Trying to get the rba coil to work and having no joy. Bought some alien 0.45 ohm coils and it keeps flashing up ohms too low on the mod when I try to fire it up. Nothings touching the deck and I've wasted a few coils trying to get it right. Any advice would be greatly appreciated cos it's driving me nuts. It worked fine with the preinstalled coils that came with the rba. Wicked it up and off I went but now I've come to put new coils in I just can't seem to get it to work. Any advice would be greatly appreciated

Cpt.Black'Briefs

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I have a smok alien 220w mod and run the big baby beast tank on it. Trying to get the rba coil to work and having no joy. Bought some alien 0.45 ohm coils and it keeps flashing up ohms too low on the mod when I try to fire it up. Nothings touching the deck and I've wasted a few coils trying to get it right. Any advice would be greatly appreciated cos it's driving me nuts. It worked fine with the preinstalled coils that came with the rba. Wicked it up and off I went but now I've come to put new coils in I just can't seem to get it to work. Any advice would be greatly appreciated
Maybe try building your own coils, twisted Kanthals and what not. My tfv8 did a lot of what you're talking about. You probably gotta customize your ohms. The factory coilheads were either draining my battery or resulting in the error msgs displaying but I settled at 32g twisted w 26g for my lower wattage device

gakudzu

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Are you getting the error as soon as you install the coils? Or after wicking, juicing, and screwing the coil together?

gakudzu

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Right, might be missing a rubber
Just trying to narrow it down to the deck or the chamber, yeah.

I put these:
IMG_20170306_002818.jpg
in my BB, and after the second cleaning/rewicking I musta shifted them a little because I got an atomizer warning. After taking it apart several times and not being able to fix it, I found that all I needed to do was unscrew the chamber from the base about 1/8th of a turn, and it stopped shorting. Just looking at it, I couldn't see how the coil could possibly be touching the chamber, but it was.

Cpt.Black'Briefs

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Just trying to narrow it down to the deck or the chamber, yeah.

I put these:
View attachment 77690
in my BB, and after the second cleaning/rewicking I musta shifted them a little because I got an atomizer warning. After taking it apart several times and not being able to fix it, I found that all I needed to do was unscrew the chamber from the base about 1/8th of a turn, and it stopped shorting. Just looking at it, I couldn't see how the coil could possibly be touching the chamber, but it was.
I started wrapping the outside of my coils w a flat piece of cotton. Way easier than repositioning the coils to find the forgiving spots

Last edited:

VU Sponsors