Become a Patron!

What RDA for a complete Newbie? For my partner

conanthewarrior

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hi people.

Next weekend, I am buying the sig50 as a upgrade and spare to my sig30, thing is in 2 weeks it is my fiancees birthday. I have bought her a watch as her main present, but plan to give her the Sig30 with the nautilus mini, SMOK RSBT2 RTA, but I don't know what RDA to get her.

She is current stopping smoking, and uses my device as she likes the flavours (0 Nic) and she says it stops her craving a ciggarette if she uses that for a couple of minutes.

So, I thought give her the Sig 30 to use as we are together 24/7, so even if I did want to use it I could, although I doubt I will as I will be using the 50 as my 'main' regulated MOD.

She enjoys watching me build, and has stated she would like to learn how to. So I think giving her a good starter kit like that with a nice RDA, along with the watch makes a nice gift.

Now, I own a El Cabron and Mutation X4 clone by Tobecco, and these I find to be very high quality.

I don't want to buy her a RDA I would be jelous of lol, so would my best bet be buy her someting new and completely different, or a new el cabron, as I find this very simple to build on, although the mutation is also very simple.

I will teach her all the safety aspects and how resistance and such works, and it will be cool that its something we can do together. I'm going to get a few extra batteries for her, she will use my charger and I will handle that side of things as she is not the safest around potentially dangerous objects (Example, she put her finger in a blender to see what would happen. Well, we all know what was going to happen, and it did happen. This was when she was about 10 though lol).

So, what would you recommend I get for a complete beginner, but a beginner with guidance?

Last edited:

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Does she tootle puff or enjoy blowing clouds?
A good sub tank or RDA would be my choice for clouds... I would think something like a R91% or Kayfun for tootle puffs.. Good luck on your choice.

Sent from my QTAQZ3 using Tapatalk

martinelias

Silver Contributor
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Doge v2 is solid. Nice vapor if she wants wide open or cut it off for flavor. I use it about half way for flavor AND clouds. Fairly inexpensive 3 post deck with large post holes that fit almost all builds.

MoFasterMo

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
My wife just gave up her Troll V 1.5 For the Super Tank, she loved that Troll.

The Troll V1.5 and the CLT V3 are both very good choices, but you might be jealous of both :D

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
7bacd5b9376e6b64e9a1a089506d093d.jpg
d393bf9ca05eb498a5d2a48411c356ca.jpg

I agree..the Doge is a good choice as well as the Dark Horse.. Both of these are easy to build, have great airflow, don't leak and blow thick clouds..
765faf70624d5e4ce84eb96a2b6bfd89.jpg

Cloud blown is typical on the IPV3/Dark Horse at 60w...Doge is almost as good, least it works out that way for me..lol

sent from my XT1080 via Tapatalk

conanthewarrior

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Sorry whats a tootle puff? I'm still a bit new myself, and she likes to make clouds,as she enjoys blowing hoops and things like that, but needs to get used to it first as she sometimes coughs using an RTA or RDA, she has never coughed with the nautilus thats why I am giving her one to start with, an RTA to play with all thats missing is the RDA. The Dark horse seems tempting... although I will see what the shop I buy from has in stock also.

I may just buy an extra of what I have so I am not jelous lol, honestly I think the El Cabron is an Under rated RDA.

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Sorry whats a tootle puff? I'm still a bit new myself, and she likes to make clouds,as she enjoys blowing hoops and things like that, but needs to get used to it first as she sometimes coughs using an RTA or RDA, she has never coughed with the nautilus thats why I am giving her one to start with, an RTA to play with all thats missing is the RDA. The Dark horse seems tempting... although I will see what the shop I buy from has in stock also.

I may just buy an extra of what I have so I am not jelous lol, honestly I think the El Cabron is an Under rated RDA.
Lol..
Well a tootle puff is like a mouth puff sorta like this
f10c849339084eaa67a8209d2939041d.jpg

Deep lung hits are mostly for blowing clouds like these, although I also find the thicker the cloud the more intense the flavor that goes with it..I'm a lung hitter mostly..lol
30d80c78385675130605a47f35e915b6.jpg
a864fdac3d5cb332b7763fb3d3a2a0b5.jpg

This one I was having fun fogging up my room under the blacklight...lol

conanthewarrior

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Lol..
Well a tootle puff is like a mouth puff sorta like this
f10c849339084eaa67a8209d2939041d.jpg

Deep lung hits are mostly for blowing clouds like these, although I also find the thicker the cloud the more intense the flavor that goes with it..I'm a lung hitter mostly..lol
30d80c78385675130605a47f35e915b6.jpg
a864fdac3d5cb332b7763fb3d3a2a0b5.jpg

This one I was having fun fogging up my room under the blacklight...lol

Ahh she is a lung hitter then, not a 'tootle puffer' lol.
Obviously not on the nautilus, but on the others she goes for direct to the lung. It's the second type of cloud me and her like doing, and I need a blacklight lol.

conanthewarrior

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I am going to get a Doge or dark horse, but get one for myself as well lol. the Clt V3 looks a bit similar to my el cabron, but the Troll Looks interesting as well. I might get one for me too lol.

Last edited:

conanthewarrior

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Can't go wrong with the Doge. What mod do you plan to run it on?

Sent from my QTAQZ3 using Tapatalk
I will be using it on the SIg50, my partner a Sig30. I am going to get the 75 after a few months, but want to let any issues be ironed out before I buy it, but to be honest I don't usually go to 30, so the 50 gives me some head room, Unless I want to fire duals with thicker wire then it would be handy. But I am buying it as a spare and so my fiancee can have her own set up, with a tank, RTA and RDA full setup.

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I will be using it on the SIg50, my partner a Sig30. I am going to get the 75 after a few months, but want to let any issues be ironed out before I buy it, but to be honest I don't usually go to 30, so the 50 gives me some head room, Unless I want to fire duals with thicker wire then it would be handy. But I am buying it as a spare and so my fiancee can have her own set up, with a tank, RTA and RDA full setup.
I've got a dual 24g build at .3 ohms I usually vape between 60-65w on my IPV3 for best performance in my Doge shown here... this build is about a week old and still hitting pretty good....(but I'm changing cotton out today when I change flavors)
Depending on what build you use I reckon the Sig 50 would work but probly would be a bit under powered...and batt life would suck being a single batt mod maxed out at 50w... ...can't say for sure..just have got to check it out for yourself..good luck with it!
f88b1be4c93f4b9021c13c148f2956a8.jpg
d3e199c1777579ae4db78830b6083b00.jpg

307_vapeist

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Id get her a four post, Threes can be kinda tricky to build. My first rda was a plume vail and I loved it.

andy17s

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
The mad hatter mini ! It even comes in pink, if she likes that colour. Super easy build deck with either 1 or 2 coil builds. Comes in a bunch of different colours. And not to mention the fact that you dont pull it apart for dip it, just flip the hinge driptip / topcap.

conanthewarrior

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Honestly, with the right gauge wire 30 watts is enough for me. Its only if I want to use fat wire that it would be underpowered, but I can just use the next size up with higher resistance for the surface area.

I also don't like low Ohm builds, I prefer them slightly higher taste wise, lowest around 0.9 Ohm, perfect is about 1.2 Ohm for me.

If I use fat wire I just fire single coil, and that satisfies me, I don't want to get a box that takes 2 batteries as I could get them confused easily due to my issues, so like the single battery mods, and I'm not a cloud chaser so 30-50 is well enough at the moment, I generally use it on about 14-16 watts at the moment on my Lemo ,although I do plan on getting the Sig75 in a few months in case there is issues with the release, I am not buying it next week, I will let others be the guinea pig lol.

The mad Hatter is actually an option I was thinking of, I didn't know it came in a mini! There is quite a few to choose from, next saturday is when I get payed, her birthday is the Sunday after, so I got time to choose the right RDA for her :).

Mike H.

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
If she chokes on your rda's or RTA tanks then anything dual coil with low ohms is going to choke her and honestly 30w isnt much power for most "cloud" type attys.

You would be surprised at what a simple single coil rda can produce actually...For the 30w sigelei she can use dual coils but not so much a thick wire...Im using dual 28g coils on a patriot v1 clone and its needing 26 watts of power at just .7 ohm to get any decent results vapor wise from it..this is on a patriot v1..Switching to a .7 ohm single coil, i need 20w for essentially the same results..luke warm vape with flavor and still more clouds than i can get on my subtank nano.

Also, something with a huge mouth piece is not going to give her that much flavor either and, basicly a very cold vape with very little flavor at low wattage...Something with a standard 510 mouth piece is a better option in my opinion on an rda with lower wattage.

Its not only the fact that you can block off air flow that can give better flavor..Smaller drip tips even with more air flow on the atty can give better flavor results.

What ive personally found is with a smaller diameter drip tip, you can actually turn power down and still get great flavor...the heat and flavor are more concentrated...vapor production will suffer some but, its always a trade off anyways.

The IGO-L or Patriot V2 would work great in my opinion as a starter rda...very inexpensive and simple to build on....either one can be drilled for more air flow when she can handle more.

Last edited:

conanthewarrior

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
If she chokes on your rda's or RTA tanks then anything dual coil with low ohms is going to choke her and honestly 30w isnt much power for most "cloud" type attys.

You would be surprised at what a simple single coil rda can produce actually...For the 30w sigelei she can use dual coils but not so much a thick wire...Im using dual 28g coils on a patriot v1 clone and its needing 26 watts of power at just .7 ohm to get any decent results vapor wise from it..this is on a patriot v1..Switching to a .7 ohm single coil, i need 20w for essentially the same results..luke warm vape with flavor and still more clouds than i can get on my subtank nano.

Also, something with a huge mouth piece is not going to give her that much flavor either and, basicly a very cold vape with very little flavor at low wattage...Something with a standard 510 mouth piece is a better option in my opinion on an rda with lower wattage.

Its not only thr fact that you can block off air flow that can give better flavor..Smaller drip tips even with more air flow on the atty can give better flavor results.

The IGO-L or Patriot V2 would work great in my opinion.
Thank you for your input. Yeah I was suprised what 30 watts could do, I made a 1.2Ohm build using 30 gauge and at 20+ watts it could chuck like I have seen in the videos. 30 watts is nothing to a lot of people, but for me it works fine, and the 50 seems like a fine upgrade. With the 30 the battery usually lasts the day, I have 4 batteries at the moment that I charge in my nitecore, sometimes in the Sig but not often.

I've also noticed that smaller bore drip tips seem to concentrate the flavour on to my tongue, with the air wide open and a small drip tip I can find heaven sometimes. The drip tip that comes with the nautilus is very good, as is another tip I have that only cost ÂŁ2, but it a similar width, but is really intense on the flavour.

I need to buy a couple more batteries when I get the 50 as Cheyenne will need a few batteries for hers, think I will stick with the 25R's as they work great so far.

But I am more likely to use mid-higher ohm builds, as I haven't really enjoyed sub ohming when I have tried it. I find I prefer a higher resitance coil with the same surface area, don't know why, maybe its because what I have had to do with my device?

And I will look at the IGO-L and the patriot, theres still a week for me to choose. I think I am going to have to buy the same dripper for me aswell though or I may get jelous lol. I was going to give her the Smok RSBT2 but it leaks and has issues, she likes the Lemo V2 so I think I will get that as her first rebuildable tank.
She will be starting with the nautilus though, but does use my lemo and can now actually take real hits without choking, so the nautilus stage may be skipped. Its just a good tank with great flavour, but so is the lemo with a smaller tip on it.

Mike H.

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
The 25r's are fine in a regulated and even on a mech as long as you dont push the ohms or use super thick wire...im using a 25r now in a nemesis mech mod and a CLT v3 atty at .7 ohm with dual 28g micro coils.

When i go below that on a thicker wire, i have 2 Sony VTC4's ready to go.

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Its not only thr fact that you can block off air flow that can give better flavor..Smaller drip tips even with more air flow on the atty can give better flavor results.

The IGO-L or Patriot V2 would work great in my opinion.
25c6dae139f7b221a392d48a60e473ce.jpg

I agree, the Patriot is indeed a good choice ...this pic was taken over 3 yrs ago of me blowing, what I thought at the time, a decent cloud on my Nemesis/Patriot V1.. Airflow was rather tight even after drilling out the airholes to 3/16" in the cap.... This RDA still sits on my shelf to this day, but I hardly use it anymore other than for trying out new flavors...the Patriot was a great starting point for me learning the in's and out's of building a RDA safely and effectively. Good Atty...

conanthewarrior

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
25c6dae139f7b221a392d48a60e473ce.jpg

I agree, the Patriot is indeed a good choice ...this pic was taken over 3 yrs ago of me blowing, what I thought at the time, a decent cloud on my Nemesis/Patriot V1.. Airflow was rather tight even after drilling out the airholes to 3/16" in the cap.... This RDA still sits on my shelf to this day, but I hardly use it anymore other than for trying out new flavors...the Patriot was a great starting point for me learning the in's and out's of building a RDA safely and effectively. Good Atty...

I didn't want to say anything, but i did think it looked a bit wispy lol. Maybe mine look like that at the moment, but they don't seem to in the mirror/other people.

I'l have to get some 'vape shots', I saw someone with a blacklight earlier on here, it looked great, so think I may get a blacklight for some vape shots.

Show the world what 'just' 30 or 50 can do with the right wire lol (Obviously more watts =more power,no disputing that. But I got more than I thought I could with a simple change of wire gauge, I was using 26 and could only get singles to work properly in my RDA's, but got some 28 and 30 as well and the 30 made the world of difference, and was a lot easier to build to the resistance I like with that wire, also I can turn it down to 'sensible' levels with the 30 gauge, with the 28 I found it was either all out high watts or nothing)

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I didn't want to say anything, but i did think it looked a bit wispy lol. I'l have to get some 'vape shots', I saw someone with a blacklight earlier on here, it looked great, so think I may get a blacklight for some vape shots. Show the world what 'just' 30 or 50 can do with the right wire lol (Obviously more watts =more power,no disputing that. But I got more than I thought I could with a simple change of wire gauge, I was using 26 and could only get singles to work properly in my RDA's, but got some 28 and 30 as well and the 30 made the world of difference, and was a lot easier to build to the resistance I like with that wire, also I can turn it down to 'sensible' levels with the 30 gauge, with the 28 I found it was either all out high watts or nothing)
That cloud was a bit airy but that was one of my very first builds when I started vaping over three years ago.. A beginning of a great vaping journey for me..clouds have improved considerably along with hardware and my building skills...
180b7a2a1983c392e788f0787d71162d.jpg

in my never ending quest for that perfect vape...lol

Last edited:

conanthewarrior

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
That cloud was a bit airy but that was one of my very first builds when I started vaping over three years ago.. A beginning of a great vaping journey for me..clouds have improved considerably along with hardware and my building skills...
180b7a2a1983c392e788f0787d71162d.jpg

in my never ending quest for that perfect vape...lol

I am on the start of that journey lol..we will get there one day! I was going to order the sig 50, but the 100 or 150 isn't much more, its just this 'battery paiing" I hear of that has put me off. What is the pairing? And I am thinking of getting the 150 because then it will handle whatever I want to throw at it lol.

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I didn't want to say anything, but i did think it looked a bit wispy lol. Maybe mine look like that at the moment, but they don't seem to in the mirror/other people.

I'l have to get some 'vape shots', I saw someone with a blacklight earlier on here, it looked great, so think I may get a blacklight for some vape shots.

Show the world what 'just' 30 or 50 can do with the right wire lol (Obviously more watts =more power,no disputing that. But I got more than I thought I could with a simple change of wire gauge, I was using 26 and could only get singles to work properly in my RDA's, but got some 28 and 30 as well and the 30 made the world of difference, and was a lot easier to build to the resistance I like with that wire, also I can turn it down to 'sensible' levels with the 30 gauge, with the 28 I found it was either all out high watts or nothing)
Yeah man..that blacklight cloud was posted by yours truly... A .3 ohm dual 24g build in my Dark Horse at 65w on my IPV3.. just having a little fun fogging up my room that night.....

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I am on the start of that journey lol..we will get there one day! I was going to order the sig 50, but the 100 or 150 isn't much more, its just this 'battery paiing" I hear of that has put me off. What is the pairing? And I am thinking of getting the 150 because then it will handle whatever I want to throw at it lol.
Battery pairing is simple.. It means when you buy new batteries you pair or "marry" them together for your dual batt mod..
Always use the same paired batts of the same brand in the same mod.. Charge them together as a pair too... Because I have 4 dual batt mods I have alot of batteries to charge... I mark them A-A, B-B, ect... Very easy to keep them paired up right for me that way...

conanthewarrior

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Battery pairing is simple.. It means when you buy new batteries you pair or "marry" them together for your dual batt mod..
Always use the same paired batts of the same brand in the same mod.. Charge them together as a pair too... Because I have 4 dual batt mods I have alot of batteries to charge... I mark them A-A, B-B, ect... Very easy to keep them paired up right for me that way...

Oh is that it? I'm buying the 150 then, as that is a real upgrade of an extra 120 watts, not just 20 watts lol.

outwest

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
battery pairing - for units that use two batteries. You charge both at the same time and use both at the same time, never mixing with other batteries and never using one of the batteries by itself in a single-battery mod or any other single-battery device. The reason is to try to keep the wear and tear on both batteries at the same level (as batteries are used/recharged, they hold less charge and discharge faster). The reason you want to keep wear and tear the same is so that you don't end up in a vampire situation (where one battery is draining the other battery), which can result in one battery being over-discharged. Edit to add - both batteries need to be of the same brand, make, model and should be purchased at the same time (to get ones that are of the same age, hopefully from the same production batch)

conanthewarrior

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
battery pairing - for units that use two batteries. You charge both at the same time and use both at the same time, never mixing with other batteries and never using one of the batteries by itself in a single-battery mod or any other single-battery device. The reason is to try to keep the wear and tear on both batteries at the same level (as batteries are used/recharged, they hold less charge and discharge faster). The reason you want to keep wear and tear the same is so that you don't end up in a vampire situation (where one battery is draining the other battery), which can result in one battery being over-discharged.

Thank you, I will be ordering the sigelei 150 and 2 pairs of batteries the coming saturday. What will battery life be like compared to my current mod? I will probaby be using it around 60 Watts if i use what I plan to.

outwest

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Thank you, I will be ordering the sigelei 150 and 2 pairs of batteries the coming saturday. What will battery life be like compared to my current mod? I will probaby be using it around 60 Watts if i use what I plan to.
Life will depend on watts you set it at, ohm build used, how often you take a drag, and for how long. My Sony VTC4s (which are 2100mAh, 30A) last me right at 48hrs in my Sigelei 100 with a 0.8ohm build and set around 19-20W)

Edit - just reread your question. If use Sig150 same as your single battery Sig (same build, etc), you'll get twice the battery life. Hope that helps.

Last edited:

VU Sponsors