What pod???

Discussion in 'Pod Systems' started by MikeDommy, Jan 17, 2019.

1. MikeDommy

MikeDommy Member For 2 Years

Blog Posts:
    Well, I’m looking for a new pod system, but no idea which. I’ve tried the Juul, it’s ok at best. Tried the Juno, it tastes like sh*t. Tried the Stigs, pretty nice. Should I do a refillable maybe? Should I invest in something of higher quality? Any tips are appreciated.

5150sick likes this.
  2. Bigrick

Bigrick Bronze Contributor Member For 1 Year ECF Refugee

Blog Posts:
    Well I won a Renova Zero refilable pod here on VU. Some say it lacks flavor but I really like it. It has 3 power settings and produces a fairly decent amount of vapor. It is well made, aluminum or zinc alloy. Something like that. It is very small. I can buy replacment pods at a local b&m, 2 for $7. I suggest you ask around about it. See what others think about it. It is for me and my limited exptetise on pods the best one for me personally. Peace and love.

3. 5150sick

5150sick Under Ground Hustler Staff Member Senior Moderator VU Donator Platinum Contributor Member For 4 Years ECF Refugee Mod Team Leader

Blog Posts:
    I tried a few and finally settled for the Aspire Nautilus AIO because it's refillable and has replaceable coils.

With a refillable pod system you have the option of adding whichever flavor and/or nicotine level of salt nic eliquid that you want.

Vape Fan likes this.
  4. MikeDommy

Blog Posts:
    Thanks for the suggestions!

5. vapingunknown

vapingunknown Bronze Contributor Member For 2 Years

Blog Posts:
    I've been interested in the Smok Nord. All the reviews I've read are really positive.

Just Frank likes this.
  6. MikeDommy

Blog Posts:
    Funny you mention that. It’s the one I ended up getting. It’s pretty nice. I’m enjoying it.

Just Frank likes this.
  7. vapingunknown

Blog Posts:
    I've been looking to find it cheaper than $35 lol I'm a cheapstake. Lol

JuicyLucy likes this.
  8. Just Frank

Just Frank Gold Contributor Member For 1 Year

Blog Posts:
    I got one and have been liking it. Its well made and the battery last all day. I haven't tried the mesh or ceramic yet. I've been using the 1.4Ω coil w/ 25mg salt nic Prop Blue Slushee.

9. vapingunknown

Blog Posts:
    I just got mine in the mail yesterday. Haven't had time to set it up yet

10. JuicyLucy

JuicyLucy My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic Staff Member Senior Moderator VU Donator Diamond Contributor Member For 2 Years VU Challenge Team ECF Refugee

Blog Posts:
    Definitely interested in finding out the longevity

11. Boyblue

Boyblue New Member

Blog Posts:
    The only devices I've owned that died prematurely or broke are Smok devices.the nord is probably made in a different factory but I'm just wery of Smok, but e're talking twenty five bucks so...

12. JuicyLucy

JuicyLucy My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic Staff Member Senior Moderator VU Donator Diamond Contributor Member For 2 Years VU Challenge Team ECF Refugee

Blog Posts:
    My exact same worry about it being a Smok product, have never owned one ever, but am considering a new pod system for stealth vaping and ease of use when busy and Nord is getting a lot of praise

13. LucidOne

LucidOne Bronze Contributor

Blog Posts:

Same here - Reviewed a Renova Zero. Then I picked up 4 more pods for it, I like it that much. Not sure on how long the pods last yet. They do eat the juice faster with more vapor then others. Plus 3 power settings is cool if you need more or less vape depending on how much time you get for a break or nic you need.

If you like Drop/Tear Drop/Spaceship looking POD's the ET Auto Kit is a very good performer also. With the Ceramic Coils and Bigger Battery, it's a good choice over others like it.

Last edited: Feb 16, 2019 at 9:20 AM
  14. OhmzRaw

OhmzRaw Silver Contributor Member For 2 Years

Blog Posts:
    My favourite pod devices would probably be the Renova Zero or SMOK's range of pod devices (Nord & Mico).

I did review the ZERO. It's one of the nicer pod devices due to the adjustable power outputs and the fact that it uses ceramic. The pod lifespan was fairly decent as well. The main reason I would choose this one over other pod devices is because of the draw and because it feels like it has some 'life' to it. Very often I come across pod devices that deliver a very 'weak' or underpowered hit and that's something I hate.

SMOK's range of pod devices are excellent as well. The nord is high rated and some have said that it has the best flavor from all/most pod devices out there. The nord is also quite cheap and costs cheap to use since it takes replaceable coil heads instead of pods which cut down the cost.

The SMOK Mico Resin is also great. It looks a lot like the Mi-Pod by SV but offers 3 different pod options and definitely delivers when it comes to power output. The Mico pods do seem airier than the Renova Zero though. Flavor wise, I'd say the Mico is also great. They do offer a ceramic pod for it but I haven't tried it out as yet so I can't comment on that.

On a final note, to get the best experience from pod devices I have found that you should use 50VG/50PG e-liquids to get the efficient wicking as well as best flavor and pod lifespan. You should also stick to e-liquids that have little/no added Sweetener to them to prolong the pod lifespan.

LucidOne likes this.