Become a Patron!

What organic cotton do u use for your rda?

ImYou

Member For 3 Years
Hey all, I just got my first Bonza rda
(single coil only) since sub ohm tank em pre built coils pricey and ima flavor type of person.

1. What's your go-to organic cotton?

2. How to not get muted flavor?

Ralph_K

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I use the Graham beauty coils. I just buy the wire instead of pre built coils. It gives you more options. Wire i get is normally the vandy vape SS316L flat clapton and clapton. The flat clapton is great for single coil builds but would be kind of low ohms for a dual. 10' of wire about $6 at vapordna and the cotton is $5 on amazon. 10' of wire could last quite a while maybe more than a year since you don't have to replace to often just clean and rewick

ChrisL

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Muji organic unbleached Japanese cotton. $10.00 usd can get you a year's worth.

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Basically. I've seen posts of people claiming it's the same company but idk. Koh gen doh is a little thicker pads I think.

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk
Thicker and larger pads

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

St.Roostifer

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
1) cotton bacon. Not because I think it's better than the others it's just that once I tried it I liked it and stuck with it.

2) muted flavor has less to do with cotton and more to do with coil placement and the quality of the metal used to make the coil.

One example would be the CoilArt and Demon killer alien coils. Neither are actual aliens and are really .4X.2 ribbon wire with 32GA Clapton wire. To me the CoilArt tasted rather nice but the demon killer destroyed the flavor of my juice.

fightinggoat

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I used to like cotton bacon or wizard wicks, but now I only use organic cotton balls from the grocery store, still on my first bag 4-6 months later and it both wicks well and tastes great.

So cheap when I rewick my many coils, my wife's coils, and all of my coworkers coils.

And as was said above, coil placement has more to do with flavor than wicking does.

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
I bought a package of Japanese Organic makeup pads about 2 years ago.

Basically a lifetime supply for $5 including $&H

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Been using Cotton Bacon V2 for several months. have bought about 2 years supply of the stuff.
Prior to that I used Non organic bleached Salon Coil Cotton for over 2.5 years. (Cotton not rayon)
The Cotton Bacon V2 is a bit better so I switched to it.
A friend talked me into it.

Grandpa

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
InnoVaper organic cotton. Got a large bag of it for Christmas a year and 4 months ago and I have used less than half of it. Never have tried anything else so I can't compare it to anything.

uansari1

Bronze Contributor
Member For 1 Year
Started off on CB v2 and like it (or maybe just don’t know any better). Tried Kendo Gold and hated it, as it’s tough to get it to absorb initially. Tried Native Wicks Platinum blend yesterday and aside from form factor, it’s very much like the CB in appearance and taste. Also have a large bag of Koh Gen Do on the way...if that works well, I’ll switch to that since it’s so cheap.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Cellucotton is rayon.
Salon coil cotton is cotton. Usually. You have to read the label closely.

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Cellucotton comes in 2 forms. Cotton and Rayon I wanted to get the rayon but mistakenly bought the cotton. Still pretty good and 40' is going to last quite a while. I got mine off of amazon
Can't stand Rayon but try everything and settle what works best for you.
Started off on CB v2 and like it (or maybe just don’t know any better). Tried Kendo Gold and hated it, as it’s tough to get it to absorb initially. Tried Native Wicks Platinum blend yesterday and aside from form factor, it’s very much like the CB in appearance and taste. Also have a large bag of Koh Gen Do on the way...if that works well, I’ll switch to that since it’s so cheap.
My favorite to date is
#1 Cotton Bacon Prime
#2 Koh gen Do
#3 Native Wicks Platinum
#4 F5 Prima
#5 Muji

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

Ralph_K

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Cellucotton is rayon.
Salon coil cotton is cotton. Usually. You have to read the label closely.
No. Its either.
Yvdkf.jpeg

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
No. Its either.

As I said read the label/box.

I used Sally Salon Coil cotton for over 2 years and still have 1/4 of the box left.
It is 100% US grown Gleached non organic cotton but pretty good.
I liked better than KGD. Gave the KGD away after I got the salon coil cotton.

Ralph_K

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
As I said read the label/box.

I used Sally Salon Coil cotton for over 2 years and still have 1/4 of the box left.
It is 100% US grown Gleached non organic cotton but pretty good.
I liked better than KGD. Gave the KGD away after I got the salon coil cotton.
From what I can tell sally salon is just selling graham cellucotton. Apparently cellucotton is a generic term. Originally cellucotton was made out of wood fibers.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
But Graham is the only one they sell with cellucotton on the box. I don't know is there is a difference or not
Me neither since I bought this brand at Sallys.
The local Sally's did not have the Graham brand of cotton only Rayon.

VU Sponsors