Become a Patron!

What is your preferred percentage for Cap vanilla custard v2?

Sirkris

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm sure I'll get a lot of different answers but I'm just curious. What is your preferred %? And why? Stand alone? In a mix?

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
No more than 2% in mixes, but usually 1%. it's not my fave flavor, but is useful in a lot of recipes. It makes me cough, so I keep it low and still get the flavor/creaminess.

JXN

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I've been using it from 5 - 7.5% mixed I keep a bottle steeped at 10% and dilute it down. Haven't tried lighter yet.

Neunerball

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
I did a 5% mix last week. However, I don't like the flavor that much. I think I'll use it in combination with other flavors in the future.

Sirkris

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
If I could get it to taste like it smells right out of the bottle I'd vape it standalone... All the time.

Last edited:

lirruping

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
This is a little off topic, but I wonder why nobody ever seems to talk about TFA Vanilla Custard? I haven't tried Capella (niether version of their v. custard is ever in stock when I go to order) but I bought some TFA and it is quite nice in small amounts with fruit blends. I also didn't notice it needed a long steep - just a couple of days and it seemed good to go. Are the two so very different?

Heabob

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I'm in the opposite camp, as I've never tried the TFA brand.
Don't think I've seen any recipes with it used either.

travanx

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Grants clone says to use something like 15% and I like custard, so the more the better. Cap is different than TFA. Not sure how to describe it though. I am already running out of the 4oz bottle that I got a little over a month ago. I steer towards recipes with custard.

lirruping

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Grants clone says to use something like 15% and I like custard, so the more the better. Cap is different than TFA. Not sure how to describe it though. I am already running out of the 4oz bottle that I got a little over a month ago. I steer towards recipes with custard.
If you had to describe it, though--the difference between TPA and CAPS v. custard - what would you say ? :)

wllmc

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Sponsor
VU Challenge Team
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
If you had to describe it, though--the difference between TPA and CAPS v. custard - what would you say ? :)
I honestly dont remember the flavor really well but here is what I do remember. in my early journeys to re create my favorite custard vapes nothing tasted right until I used caps. the others are good to thrown in as 2nd or 3rd flavors but none came close to what I wanted as a base compared to the very small handful of commercial liquids I tried. wish I could taste the taste you are thinking of and say yes or no caps. ha !

Dixie1954

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
as for the difference in TFA versus CAP Vanilla Custard I was told it (TFA) is better with fruits like the FA Custard is. CAP Vanilla Custard is the what I call fluffy custard and yes it can be used with fruit but it is more versatile. Hope this helps:) lol I forgot to say I like CAP Vanilla Custard v2 at 4-5% stand alone:p I have yet to try it in a mix I am still steeping it lol but usually I half what I like when I add a flavoring to a mix;)

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
In mixes and standalone, I use both v1 and v2 Capella's Vanilla custard at 0%. lol! I'm one of the oddballs that can't enjoy the flavor. It's too much like bodily fluids to me, kinda makes me heave. I still have both and try them out from time to time in a recipe, just haven't had success.

wllmc

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Sponsor
VU Challenge Team
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
In mixes and standalone, I use both v1 and v2 Capella's Vanilla custard at 0%. lol! I'm one of the oddballs that can't enjoy the flavor. It's too much like bodily fluids to me, kinda makes me heave. I still have both and try them out from time to time in a recipe, just haven't had success.
This is the exact amount of AP that I enjoy. 0% makes everything perfect lol. Id probably enjoy 30% caps,though i have never tried it

Neunerball

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
This is a little off topic, but I wonder why nobody ever seems to talk about TFA Vanilla Custard? I haven't tried Capella (niether version of their v. custard is ever in stock when I go to order) but I bought some TFA and it is quite nice in small amounts with fruit blends. I also didn't notice it needed a long steep - just a couple of days and it seemed good to go. Are the two so very different?
Maybe not a lot of people are using TFA's Vanilla Custard, due to the Acetoin in it. Same as many other "older" custards. CAP's Vanilla Custard V2, does not contain Acetoin.

dnezarmichael

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I like it somewhere in the 10%-12% range in a single mix, However I would say it really depends on the recipe.

Mike H.

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I have some of this CAP Vanilla custard version 2 if anyone is interested...ill trade for something FA flavor :)...Im not a custard person:eek:

Also have CAP cake batter and CAP cinnamon coffee cake for trade.

Adonlude

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
My Vanilla Custard notes:

10% CAP Vanilla Custard V1 - d2 Friday already great, has distinct note that must be the diketones, it's good 4/5. d12 smooth and well rounded greatness, the creaminess is a little less 4.5/5.

15% CAP Vanilla Custard V2 - d2 flor. Try 10%. d3 %10 flor- some cream, max, go lower, 3/5. 2nd try better. Standalone target %6-8. d5 10% actually nice cream 4/5. d8 deep full vanilla flavor, not very sweet, tiny floral, more steep or mix lower 4.5/5. d9 fuller and sweeter than TFA VB Gelato 4.5/5.

10% TFA Vanilla Custard - d1 weds, vapeable but floral 3/5. d2 thurs, not bad, weak 3.5/5. d7 not floral anymore, not bad but not full like CAP. 3.5/5. ~d20 smooth but weak and not sweet, I'd go 15% 3/5. d22 yea this stuff sucks, use as weak base for fruits maybe 2/5.

15% TFA Vanilla Bean Gelato (TFA VCv2) - d2 chem, flor. Try 8%. d3 %10 flor, go lower/time 2/5. d6 mellowed out 3/5 go %6-8. d9 Pretty good, not as good as CAP V2 though 3.5/5.

15% FW Vanilla Custard - d1 weds, very little flavor but not bad 3/5. d2 little vanilla floral 3/5. d8 I taste almost nothing 2/5.

venemous

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Tfa vanilla custard tastes a little peppery and floral to me. I only use it when mixing with cinnamon otherwise I don't care for it.

Sirkris

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thank you all for your notes, findings, and opinions. This is exactly what I was wanting from this thread! Happy mixing!

Heabob

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Yup, good review @Adonlude, I just deleted the TFA Vanilla Custard from my want list, save me some bucks.
I have enough flavors I don't like already:D.

Laughmore

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
This is the exact amount of AP that I enjoy. 0% makes everything perfect lol. Id probably enjoy 30% caps,though i have never tried it
Ancient repost:
"Skwoody's Ambrosia"
25% Cap V.Custard v2
4% ethyl maltol (10%)

Crazy high %, but with a long steep this one turned me on to VCv2 initially, and then I was frustrated with it (not realizing need for long steep) until finding Jason's White Coconut Cake.

TheVapingDevil

`Vape It All Up!!!!!!
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Vape Media
I couldn't imagine 25% V2 custard. I feel my chest tightening up as I type lolol. But hey if it's good to you that's all that matters. The joys of DIY

Heabob

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I'd guess that the 4% EM would mute the crap out of the 25% VC, especially with a long steep.
Then it may be tolerable...

VU Sponsors