Become a Patron!

What is up with all the new crap?

DonBaldy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Am I the only one who's overwhelmed by the amount of new shit coming out? Smok is impossible to try and keep up with. Thankfully it's nothing I want. It seems as though every manufacturer is trying to keep up with Smok with the number of products being released.

skt239

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Am I the only one who's overwhelmed by the amount of new shit coming out? Smok is impossible to try and keep up with. Thankfully it's nothing I want. It seems as though every manufacturer is trying to keep up with Smok with the number of products being released.

You hit the nail on the head, it's all shit, especially everything coming from Smok. And none of its new. Companies are just taking the same shitty mod that came out a month ago and slapping hideous LED's all over them.

DonBaldy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well it seems you've properly labeled most of the products coming out - crap. Just worry about the good stuff that actually interests you, and forget the rest!

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Very little of it holds any interest for me except for all the new squonk mods.

But, yeah, it seems that most of the new mods are same shit different day in a different casing.

Iliketurtles

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
They know that people will join the race to have the 'new' shit - even though it is 99% same as the last lot of 'new' shit, it is sales...they want sales so they get mula. Can't blame them as sales are market lead..they are giving people what they want...even though it's just the same shit in a different box...people want it.

Chucking

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reddit Exile
They know that people will join the race to have the 'new' shit - even though it is 99% same as the last lot of 'new' shit, it is sales...they want sales so they get mula. Can't blame them as sales are market lead..they are giving people what they want...even though it's just the same shit in a different box...people want it.
That and all the Smok/Wismec/etc. regulated stuff breaks down after a few months so everyone who uses those need another new $30-60 mod that often. So better have the "hot, new" mod every cycle or they'll move on to the next budget Chinese mfgr!

Iliketurtles

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
That and all the Smok/Wismec/etc. regulated stuff breaks down after a few months so everyone who uses those need another new $30-60 mod that often. So better have the "hot, new" mod every cycle or they'll move on to the next budget Chinese mfgr!

lol ...while it sells to have a new thing slightly different color with one different screw, they will keep on doing it.

voicenyerhed

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
They are following the iPhone business model. But, just like with the iPhone (and now really all cell phones), consumers don't deter them. As long as everyone keeps having to buy the latest thing, they will always strive to come out with the next latest thing as fast as they can.

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Very little of it holds any interest for me except for all the new squonk mods.

But, yeah, it seems that most of the new mods are same shit different day in a different casing.

Most of those are also :poop: or just too expensive

A lot of atties jumping on the squonk-train - and it is very clear that many of the makers do not understand squonking at all

And still not enough decent regulated squonk mods for my non-mech brothers and sisters

But at least there is some variety out there that doesn't cost as much as a car payment

DonBaldy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Most of those are also :poop: or just too expensive

A lot of atties jumping on the squonk-train - and it is very clear that many of the makers do not understand squonking at all

And still not enough decent regulated squonk mods for my non-mech brothers and sisters

But at least there is some variety out there that doesn't cost as much as a car payment

I'm ok with mechs, but more regulated mods wouldn't be a bad thing. As for attys I'm happy with the attys I currently have and most of them have a squonk pin and from what's I've read seem to be decent for the task. I have a pico squeeze coming from China and just ordered the Pulse BF mod. Both of those are cheap and seem to be decent.

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
It's been going on at least since 2014, and probably even before that -- that's why I really can't give newbies any suggestions on what atty to get; a) I don't know anything about the new ones, and b) all of 'em these days seem slanted toward long-time vapers who want massive clouds -- the industry has run off and left new switchers in the dust. Along with those of us who don't want massive clouds, EVER.

Andria

Breazy_Com

Excellence In Service
VU Vendor
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
They're probably trying to make as much money as possible before the industry tanks (and it will) and regulations take over. Back in the 80's you could become rich in the one hour photo business. Then came digital things and that industry tanked. Many others also. Even the tobacco business is not what it used to be.

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm not overly thrilled with anything now, every now and again I'll pick up something that tweaks my interest a bit. I got a new Silverwolf Customs Series Mod that is absolutly beautiful. Nothing new but I got it purely because of it's looks. But other than that something needs to reach out to me and 99% of the gear today just does nothing for me.

But look at this beauty that I'm heading out to the PO during lunch to pick up, it gives me a Woody ;)

4(105).jpg

strigamort

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Damn... That definitely falls into the gorgeous category. Congrats on that. :)

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

KingPin!

In my defence, I was left unsupervised ^^
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
I'm not overly thrilled with anything now, every now and again I'll pick up something that tweaks my interest a bit. I got a new Silverwolf Customs Series Mod that is absolutly beautiful. Nothing new but I got it purely because of it's looks. But other than that something needs to reach out to me and 99% of the gear today just does nothing for me.

But look at this beauty that I'm heading out to the PO during lunch to pick up, it gives me a Woody ;)

4(105).jpg

Very nice Rossco!

BearHunter104

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
I thought the golf industry was nuts coming out with new and improved clubs almost every week....to include all the other gadgets.
The vaping industry man be running a close second....

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Most of things on the market atre things we do not really need.
We are in a 'want' economy.

Raymcconn

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years

4(105).jpg
Very Nice

Sent from my LGMP260 using Tapatalk

Raymcconn

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I often ask myself "how are they going to sell this shit for $XX.xx". Then I wait for a price drop that never seems to happen lol.
I tend to wait a few months and get deals. I just picked up a tesla steampunk for $39. It takes time and patience and I have ordered from many vendors but you can find them. I guess they are not "new" by then.

Synphul

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Smok releasing the same shit in a different package is just following p4u's lead with the ipv2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 8 1/2, 9 3/4, 12 3/5. They were worse than naked gun sequels. The led's were bound to happen, just like pc's and pc components.

Everything has led's and adjustments for 'pulsing', 'breathing', 'color chasing' etc. Motherboards, video cards, ram, cpu coolers, fans and so on. Can't really talk too much shit on leds, I have an led strip in my pc but I still prefer understated, either a pastel or straight white soft glow in a blacked out case and they certainly don't stay on all the time.

They definitely seem to be appealing to the fidget spinner crowd. Atty companies are just as guilty, geekvape and their vandy vape offshoot. The goon. Geekvape is horrible, the peerless rda, then peerless special edition. Then the peerless rdta, then the peerless rdta special edition. The ammit, ammit dual coil, ammit 25 or the griffin, griffin 25, griffin top airflow, griffin 25 mini, griffin 25 plus.

Then there are goofy ass designs like the ehpro fusion kit with two power adjustment buttons, two positive posts and a separated dual coil/dual juice atty to vape 2 juices at once. It's the vaping version of hanging bull balls off the tow hitch of a car with led valve caps and spinning rims with fuzzy dice hanging from the rearview and a window decal of calvin pissing on everything all on one ride. Spectacular.

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Smok releasing the same shit in a different package is just following p4u's lead with the ipv2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 8 1/2, 9 3/4, 12 3/5. They were worse than naked gun sequels. The led's were bound to happen, just like pc's and pc components.

Everything has led's and adjustments for 'pulsing', 'breathing', 'color chasing' etc. Motherboards, video cards, ram, cpu coolers, fans and so on. Can't really talk too much shit on leds, I have an led strip in my pc but I still prefer understated, either a pastel or straight white soft glow in a blacked out case and they certainly don't stay on all the time.

They definitely seem to be appealing to the fidget spinner crowd. Atty companies are just as guilty, geekvape and their vandy vape offshoot. The goon. Geekvape is horrible, the peerless rda, then peerless special edition. Then the peerless rdta, then the peerless rdta special edition. The ammit, ammit dual coil, ammit 25 or the griffin, griffin 25, griffin top airflow, griffin 25 mini, griffin 25 plus.

Then there are goofy ass designs like the ehpro fusion kit with two power adjustment buttons, two positive posts and a separated dual coil/dual juice atty to vape 2 juices at once. It's the vaping version of hanging bull balls off the tow hitch of a car with led valve caps and spinning rims with fuzzy dice hanging from the rearview and a window decal of calvin pissing on everything all on one ride. Spectacular.
^^^this
Haven't bought a new rda in a year, because nothing has really changed .
How many 2 post, side airflow attys do I need?
Or 2 post bottom airflow or 4 post side airflow or 4 post bottom airflow.

How many DNA or yihi board boxes can I get?

It's all the same thing but some became collectors of shiny things.

Letitia9

Citrus Junkie
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team

LMAO I agree with all of you. Oh the tedium. :(

KingPin!

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
Way I see it the stuff in between fills the void until you can get yourself some gems ...like that mech above ^^^

Not all of it is shite though I don’t agree with that ...I reckon gear changes around a “bit” once a quarter or a good change once every 6-10 months

Lest we forget those just hitting the vape scene don’t care about the older stuff so they aren’t so washed out...there’s new vapers making the switch all the time and this transitional part of the market is really geared towards those people who want the latest gadge.

I’ve definitely noticed the speed of releases pick up massively even in past year at the same time transition over to vaping is equally picking up

I’d much rather companies spend time really beta testing their products and honing qualities - the end result of this though is increased development costs and higher retail pricing - then there’s the whole clone side which screws that for those companies...

although I will say this we are stuck with standards In vaping 510/810 for instance, partly because companies don’t want to risk to much change they know what sells and that people like using things they already have. Also people shy away if something is too different.

How long did/will 18650 stay the standard, we are slowly seeing a shift there now towards 20700/21700 that will become the norm at some point I expect.

Take TC mods there’s only so much you can do with a 510 connection, perhaps someone will make a dedicated mod with a tank to suit -completely different connection type, that can provide feedback from the atty itself ....it if they knock it out the park perhaps others follow suit and that becomes the norm too

I dunno end of the day you heat a coil and vape it so unless someone figures a way to make that process more efficient or a much better experience we are stuck will small incremental gains, just have to appreciated not everyone is long in the tooth with it and help steer them away from the shitty products out there :)

Until then I appreciate the artwork and quality of the custom mods and hope one day to own some of them :)

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Way I see it the stuff in between fills the void until you can get yourself some gems ...like that mech above ^^^

Not all of it is shite though I don’t agree with that ...I reckon gear changes around a “bit” once a quarter or a good change once every 6-10 months

Lest we forget those just hitting the vape scene don’t care about the older stuff so they aren’t so washed out...there’s new vapers making the switch all the time and this transitional part of the market is really geared towards those people who want the latest gadge.

I’ve definitely noticed the speed of releases pick up massively even in past year at the same time transition over to vaping is equally picking up

I’d much rather companies spend time really beta testing their products and honing qualities - the end result of this though is increased development costs and higher retail pricing - then there’s the whole clone side which screws that for those companies...

although I will say this we are stuck with standards In vaping 510/810 for instance, partly because companies don’t want to risk to much change they know what sells and that people like using things they already have. Also people shy away if something is too different.

How long did/will 18650 stay the standard, we are slowly seeing a shift there now towards 20700/21700 that will become the norm at some point I expect.

Take TC mods there’s only so much you can do with a 510 connection, perhaps someone will make a dedicated mod with a tank to suit -completely different connection type, that can provide feedback from the atty itself ....it if they knock it out the park perhaps others follow suit and that becomes the norm too

I dunno end of the day you heat a coil and vape it so unless someone figures a way to make that process more efficient or a much better experience we are stuck will small incremental gains, just have to appreciated not everyone is long in the tooth with it and help steer them away from the shitty products out there :)

Until then I appreciate the artwork and quality of the custom mods and hope one day to own some of them :)
Funny, I've said since I started vaping 5 years ago. The 510 is the weakest point on any mod. one thing provari did right was the p3 connection. I wish that connection would have caught on.

KingPin!

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
Funny, I've said since I started vaping 5 years ago. The 510 is the weakest point on any mod. one thing provari did right was the p3 connection. I wish that connection would have caught on.

It’s old now mate sorry doesnt peak my interest anymore lol

Seriously though exactly like that all these extra massive tanks with little 510s underneath no wonder why the plate on half these mods struggle it’s a really weak point

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
It’s old now mate sorry doesnt peak my interest anymore lol

Seriously though exactly like that all these extra massive tanks with little 510s underneath no wonder why the plate on half these mods struggle it’s a really weak point
Right? I've owned one of each of their releases. They've since been sold because they didn't serve a purpose fore anymore; but, damn was that connection point Superior to what's out now.

BAM crew

KingPin!

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
Not only that they also did an adapter for a standard 510 why did it fall away @f1r3b1rd that’s a better connection in every way?

Reminds me of the train track argument in the uk the shitty standard we ended up with today is the reason we struggle with high speed trains in this country tracks are too narrow should have backed Brunel :)

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Not only that they also did an adapter for a standard 510 why did it fall away @f1r3b1rd that’s a better connection in every way?

Reminds me of the train track argument in the uk the shitty standard we ended up with today is the reason we struggle with high speed trains in this country tracks are too narrow should have backed Brunel :)
Honestly, I have no clue.
I still have my kf4 with the 510 and the p3 base.
The nice thing about that connection is it makes the atty look to be truly hybrid with the mod. A complete flush fit. It was sturdy as could be and (according to the deisgners) a more conductive connection. That last one I would argue the basis of the claim. But, it really was a stronger connection.

I think the reason it didn't catch on was more the mod than the the connection.
A 20w mod comes out when 100-150w mods were being pumped out like the Ford motor line. No.one wanted the device enough to make it financially advantageous for atomizer companies to produce the toppers for it.

BAM crew

Last edited:
I tend to wait a few months and get deals. I just picked up a tesla steampunk for $39. It takes time and patience and I have ordered from many vendors but you can find them. I guess they are not "new" by then.

Ok so almost everyone hates the new stuff. But what are us new to vaping industry going to use? I got the Smok Baby Beast with an AL85 because it had good reviews. It appears that it expensive to test all the gear and juice and batteries to try to figure out how to quit smoking the nasties and get furstraited or broke. So what's the reasonable priced easy to use stuff?

KingPin!

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
Ok so almost everyone hates the new stuff. But what are us new to vaping industry going to use? I got the Smok Baby Beast with an AL85 because it had good reviews. It appears that it expensive to test all the gear and juice and batteries to try to figure out how to quit smoking the nasties and get furstraited or broke. So what's the reasonable priced easy to use stuff?

Don’t be deterred by threads like this John the important bit is you switched, if it works for you and you are happy with it that’s all you need, exactly as I stated above the changes in the market are geared toward new entrants coming through, you don’t have to buy the latest and greatest to keep up unless of course you are after some more gear.

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
I'm wondering why there aren't any regulated squonkers with dual 18650's. (they could also be up to 150 watts)

I know that size would be an issue but why not make one with an RX200 shape design with two 18650's and the squonk tank where the 3rd 18650 would go if it were a RX200?

If the China mod makers were smart enough to pull something like that off theres no doubt they'd sell the shit out of them.

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
I'm wondering why there aren't any regulated squonkers with dual 18650's. (they could also be up to 150 watts)

I know that size would be an issue but why not make one with an RX200 shape design with two 18650's and the squonk tank where the 3rd 18650 would go if it were a RX200?

If the China mod makers were smart enough to pull something like that off theres no doubt they'd sell the shit out of them.

There are a few out there - Kanger DB160, Lost Vape Drone and GeekVape Gbox

There needs to be more, Gbox out of production, and Lost Vape supposedly just restarted? Don't know for sure, just what I read around here somewhere

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader

Any of the new gear you use now is just as good as the new gear that came out last year.
and that gear is as good as the gear that came out the year before that.

Once a person has been vaping for 4 or 5 years they have already seen everything.
There is nothing that is truly revolutionary that comes along any more.

I remember when evolv finally broke past 15 watts with the first generation DNA boards then I remember again a couple years later when they released temp control.

The important part is that the products work and we all quit smoking.

The reason that these products are so successful is because there are many different choices of devices and flavors along with styles of vaping.
There is really something for everyone.

The reason NRT products fail so miserably is because a patch is a boring patch and gum tastes awful and comes in the same five nasty flavors.
With NRT you feel like you are being medicated but you also feel like you aren't ill or diseased so why take medicine?

Vaping is fun.
Once you find out which device, style, and flavor works for you. That is the hard part.

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
There are a few out there - Kanger DB160, Lost Vape Drone and GeekVape Gbox

There needs to be more, Gbox out of production, and Lost Vape supposedly just restarted? Don't know for sure, just what I read around here somewhere

The GeekVape Gbox is the exact design I was picturing in my head when I thought about what would work.

I wonder why it isn't as popular? (discontinued even?)
and why only 100 watts?
they could have at least went to 120 (150 would be the best)

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
The GeekVape Gbox is the exact design I was picturing in my head when I thought about what would work.

and why only 100 watts?

It was very popular - and no big-time problems that I recall - and the price was right

Love mine - it's no DNA or anything, but it runs circles around the Dripbox

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon

In all honesty it works like this:

There is no such thing as "the best mod, rda, rta or tank, out there"
The best thing for anyone is the one that keeps them off combustible tobacco.

Now...
Like kingpin and 5150 said, vaping is fun and the point of a thread like this is that many of us whom have been at this awhile have seen the reincarnation of the same thing over again.

Take your baby beast, a year before the tfv8(baby beast) was the tfv4 from the same company.
I had a tfv4, and for the life of me, I don't know what the difference between the 4 and 8 are, thereby I don't see the point. The same thing has happened with alot of companies. Pioneer 4u has put out as many as 4 versions of the same mod within a month.
For a while the technology was changing quickly, we went from mechs and 12e regulated mods to 150w mods in a matter of 2 years. Then tc came out, and a year later we're at 300w mods with tc .... And mechs.
In the last year I've seen nothing change other than touchscreen, which I don't understand the purpose of.

Ryedan

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
For a while the technology was changing quickly, we went from mechs and 12e regulated mods to 150w mods in a matter of 2 years. Then tc came out, and a year later we're at 300w mods with tc .... And mechs.
In the last year I've seen nothing change other than touchscreen, which I don't understand the purpose of.

I think mods have reached the point of not needing more development. Ultimately they are power supplies with various levels of control designed into them. We have more than enough power for vaping, multi battery mods for charge capacity, we can run resistances from about 0.1 - 3'ish ohms and great accuracy is available. That pretty much covers the technical end and just leaves aesthetics.

Current atomizers have also pretty much been developed as far as they can. We have great options from 5 - 200 watts, various airflow designs, tank or dripper styles, etc. I mean, how many different ways can you move air over a hot, wet heating element with a wick in it.

Yes, someone could try to replace the wick and wire with something else, or change the way we heat the juice, or something else really different like juice injection or design a good reliable TC system, but what we have now is cheap, simple and works very well. Without an external need to drive change, that's hard to beat.

Of course, now that I've gone and said that someone will probably come along and do it next week :rolleyes:

KingPin!

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer

and why only 100 watts?

Smoant are working on a dual battery squonker I believe ...remember that design a mod contest they ran, the overall winner was on reddit...looks a bit like the G box if I remember with a flashy battle star screen, the guy did a great job in the mock up drawing.

I am looking forward to whatever they end up with....far to few dual battery squonkers out there

Synphul

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I was just pointing out that a lot of companies have done it. Smok seems to have taken eleaf's istick place as the hip whipping boy but they're not the ones who started it. Others have been pumping out minor variations one after another, even dna does it.

My biggest beef with mod companies or even atty companies, cheaping out. They have time to put ridiculous garbage on them like circus lights and pointless flimsy heatpipes for 'mad cooling bro' where it's not needed. Meanwhile paint, failing battery doors and shoddy 510's are still an issue. The very definition of lipstick on a pig.

So long as the surface of the mod is wide enough it shouldn't matter how large/wide the atomizer diameter is. Provided it screws down flush the base of the atty will be snug against the mod. It won't rock the 510 side to side because no matter which side of the atty base tries to 'lift' it will be stopped by hitting the top of the mod 180 degrees opposite. The mod itself reinforces the atty and prevents lateral movement. As for glued in 510's, there's no reason that noobish design flaw should still exist. Many mods use a backing nut from the inside, others like the battlestar or even the istick tc100w have elongated ears under the top surface of the mod. It acts like a cam so it can't twist the 510, it hits the inside of the mod's body walls either tightening or loosening atomizers and being wider than the opening for the 510 in the top of the mod it physically can't pull through. Engineering 101.

With atomizers most companies do fine in the $30-40 retail market. Those trying to convince us their version is worth $90-140 because it's 'art' or 'authentic' is snake oil imo. Especially when clones pump out nearly identical products for $10-15. I think the main reason authentic companies hate clones, it exposes the ridiculous markup. Clones aren't doing so out of charity, if they're making money selling a clone made of metal at $8 then you damn well know $65-70 is nonsense. Even the authentics have issues, lots of $30-40 atomizers that are 'authentic' using janky cast pot metal that cracks and splits under pressure from a screw only slightly larger than that on a pair of eye glasses. Meanwhile the thinner steel used on car rims survives being torqued by large nuts and bolts cranked down to 100 ft/lbs. Wish they'd spend the extra nickel and at least give customers what they're paying for. I'd expect cheap pot metal on an $8 clone, not something costing 5-10x as much.

I agree with f1r3b1rd, I'm not much for touchscreen personally. Maybe it's more intuitive for people who grew up on androids and iphones. I think they're funky and less precise, more fragile and a pain in the ass in general regardless what device they're on. So long as they don't become the default standard it's good to have options. Hopefully I'm not forced to use them at some point because it's all there is.

As an alternative to threaded 510's I'd love to see a quick release like air chucks. Shove it in until it clicks, a release mechanism to eject it. Won't hold my breath though, whether it's the best design or not once something becomes accepted across the board as an industry 'standard' it's very difficult to change. We see that every time an atomizer comes out with a proprietary drip tip. No matter if it works or not the complaint is that it's not 510/810 showing how stuck standards become and what it would entail to introduce a new standard.

KingPin!

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
I think mods have reached the point of not needing more development. Ultimately they are power supplies with various levels of control designed into them. We have more than enough power for vaping, multi battery mods for charge capacity, we can run resistances from about 0.1 - 3'ish ohms and great accuracy is available. That pretty much covers the technical end and just leaves aesthetics.

Current atomizers have also pretty much been developed as far as they can. We have great options from 5 - 200 watts, various airflow designs, tank or dripper styles, etc. I mean, how many different ways can you move air over a hot, wet heating element with a wick in it.

Yes, someone could try to replace the wick and wire with something else, or change the way we heat the juice, or something else really different like juice injection or design a good reliable TC system, but what we have now is cheap, simple and works very well. Without an external need to drive change, that's hard to beat.

Of course, now that I've gone and said that someone will probably come along and do it next week :rolleyes:

I tend to agree ...when all the LED’s come out then you know they have

An injection system sounds good think Kangerteck tried the perfume spray can’t remember who said they had it ...but that idea could be developed for squonking, where you paint the top of the coils themselves,

dripping still pips squonking to the post because of that initial flavour burst just a shame its a pita the rest of the time

Last edited:

DonBaldy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I see so many wanna-be squonkers asking for regulated mods - but it is still problematic

The intention of my reply is not to be confrontational but understand.

Why is it "problematic"? Why is someone who is wanting to try squonking a wanna be? Some don't understand mechs or are uncomfortable with them. The way I read your post is that squonking is only for long time vapers and newbies such as I should stay away from this hallowed ground of vaping.

I'd originally bought a Kanger drip box when I was just a few months into vaping. At that time it wasn't for me, but now that I've experienced more in vaping I can see the utility of squonking.

skt239

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The intention of my reply is not to be confrontational but understand.

Why is it "problematic"? Why is someone who is wanting to try squonking a wanna be? Some don't understand mechs or are uncomfortable with them. The way I read your post is that squonking is only for long time vapers and newbies such as I should stay away from this hallowed ground of vaping.

I'd originally bought a Kanger drip box when I was just a few months into vaping. At that time it wasn't for me, but now that I've experienced more in vaping I can see the utility of squonking.
Don't want to speak for the @JuicyLucy but what I think she meant was... there are a lot of people who would like to start squonking but don't due to the lack of regulated stuff on the market.

DonBaldy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Don't want to speak for the @JuicyLucy but what I think she meant was... there are a lot of people who would like to start squonking but don't due to the lack of regulated stuff on the market.

Please understand that my post isn't intended to be confrontational or disrespectful. It wouldn't be the first time I've interpreted incorrectly what I've read and if that's the case here I'll gladly humble myself.

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
With atomizers most companies do fine in the $30-40 retail market. Those trying to convince us their version is worth $90-140 because it's 'art' or 'authentic' is snake oil imo. Especially when clones pump out nearly identical products for $10-15. I think the main reason authentic companies hate clones, it exposes the ridiculous markup. Clones aren't doing so out of charity, if they're making money selling a clone made of metal at $8 then you damn well know $65-70 is nonsense. E

This EXACTLY. My $25 clone Achilles are just as titanium as the authentics -- which aren't available any longer, but when they were, cost $100. When I could no longer buy even the $25 clones, I went ahead and popped $98 for an authentic Achilles II... which was TOTAL CRAP -- and it even LEAKS, the #1 thing an atty is NOT supposed to do.

This shit with atomizers that cost $50-$100 or more is just BULLSHIT.

Andria

VU Sponsors