nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
What is the first thing you'd do or buy if you suddenly had a kazillion dollars? Translate dollars to your local currency.

Nobody's after you, you didn't steal it, you didn't kill anyone for it, it's just suddenly and ethically yours.

You can name other things, more than one that is, but emphasize the first thing.

A train of thought I just got caught up in has prompted this question.

I was looking at pictures of the 2019 Audi A8. I have a weakness for Audis.

Not that it would be the first thing, you understand.....

2018-Audi-A8-L-134.jpg

Letitia9

Citrus Junkie
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Buy a hundred acres, build a home, build a few duplexes for employees and start up a shelter for animals that generally are hard to find homes for. Once it's running smoothly see the rest of the world.

2WhiteWolves

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
First, I would pay off my families debts. Second, fix up my land and have a new home built for my mom on my land. That way she would be close, but not living with me ;) . I could help her out a lot more and not worry about her so much. Then...I would fix up my home and add on to to it. I hate moving, so wouldn't buy a new home.

Wb80

-DIY-demon-
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
I would find a few hundred thousand acres (mostly still undeveloped) of land in the rite area and live off the grid. In style of course. But not tethered to city power, water or any other hassles. Raise my family the best way i see fit. And always be armed when on my property. Ohhh and one hell of a jacked up f350 diesel. Lol

shawn.hoefer

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I would find a few hundred thousand acres (mostly still undeveloped) of land in the rite area and live off the grid. In style of course. But not tethered to city power, water or any other hassles. Raise my family the best way i see fit. And always be armed when on my property. Ohhh and one hell of a jacked up f350 diesel. Lol

I was right there with ya until the F350... sigh... Cummins Turbo all the way :)

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Well putting my own priorities in order, first thing I'd do is quit my job.

Then I'd pay off debts and share some money with my kids and grandkids, and possibly a few other folks I know who could really use some help.

Then I'd get the driveway paved so I could buy that Audi and tell my husband to pick out a truck.

Have some additional land cleared and start looking for a single-story Craftsman bungalow I could have hauled onto our land to be renovated - or - design my own from scratch, which would probably work out better, if it's possible to find artisans to do the kind of work you find in those old houses.

Buy an adjacent 10 acres or so for a spring-fed pond.

Take a tour of Great Britain and the Scandinavian and Baltic countries, beginning with a trans-Atlantic cruise on the Cunard QE.

Buy a small vacation home in Crystal River, Florida.

Bigrick

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I would rent Tropicana Field. I would invite Tampa Bay's homeless population for a huge party and sleep over. Anheuiser-Bush to supply beer. Coleman to give back packs, sleeping bags, tents, etc. Also clothes. Probably build a free shelter. Free transportation to find jobs and like haircuts. Make everyone who wants look neat and proper. Oh and food!!! Sonnys bbq. And counciling to all who wants it.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ahh I do miss Sonnys BBQ. One of the few things I miss about Florida.

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
I would rent Tropicana Field. I would invite Tampa Bay's homeless population for a huge party and sleep over. Anheuiser-Bush to supply beer. Coleman to give back packs, sleeping bags, tents, etc. Also clothes. Probably build a free shelter. Free transportation to find jobs and like haircuts. Make everyone who wants look neat and proper. Oh and food!!! Sonnys bbq. And counciling to all who wants it.

That is one of the best ones yet. Cool thing to want to do!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

VAPEROXX

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Well, if I had essentially limitless fundage, the first thing I would do is pay everything off, including everything for the kiddos. Next; I'd buy some powerful politicians, and have them do away with all unreasonable vape related regulations. Then, take all of VU on a long, well deserved vacation to somewhere Tropical, where clothing was optional...I need my freedom ya know...

The Wire Spider

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
As I posted before I would buy New Zealand.
But upon reflection I would give virtually all of it back.
Would not want to have to fool with it all and it would ensure that the people there liked me.
A pocket full of money and get yer place back too?
Would likely have free medical care and free education as well.

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
As I posted before I would buy New Zealand.
But upon reflection I would give virtually all of it back.
Would not want to have to fool with it all and it would ensure that the people there liked me.
A pocket full of money and get yer place back too?
Would likely have free medical care and free education as well.

Could you buy me Edinburgh while you’re at it, please? The weather is perfect there. I’d like a nice hoose or cottage.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Pay off all debts, then build a fully self-sufficient farm.

+1, after that I'd fully set up that Anonymous Benefactor Trust fund. Let someone have the reigns and ensure each charity got like amounts each quarter. What remained would go in Mason jars on the property (rain day funds), might even go hide some on @Rossum 's & @The Cromwell 's places just for giggles. I'm sure they both would enjoy finding Mason jars with cash in them.

Countrypami

The Link Ninja
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Vendor Employee
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
I'd buy a ranch in Montana. I'd take an extended vacation to Alaska, Ireland, Scotland, England, and Australia. :D Then I'd buy another property in Alaska to live there part of the year.

kross8

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Build summer home in Colorado Springs..buy the 40 acres & equipment my son wants for hydroponic farm. Upgrade my parents home & get them a live in nurse & housekeeper. I have no debt..so I would pay off my sister..her kids..my son's debts. Then mostly I would travel. And do something with abandoned pets.

Last edited:

DonBaldy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
First is pay off all bills. Second is to buy a new unlived in house here to live in until kids finish school. Fix up current house and give to sister and law and nieces so they could get away from her asshole soon to be ex husband. Buy a new truck and give my son my current one. Then I'd build a new house on our 275 acres in east Texas and move there after the kids are both in college. Then do lots of extended traveling.

Amber Petti

Platinum Contributor
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
I’d purchase my own house. Buy a Mitsubishi Lancer Evo, charcoal grey, red interior lights, black rims, (I could go on and on with my dream car), finish my tattoos that I want done. Buy a sport bike. Pay off debt. Pay off my family’s debt. Donate a good sum to st. Jude’s

VU Sponsors