What is the Difference?

Lefty

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
The more expensive one has the battery included, delays with battery shipping from China - free of charge. The cheaper does not - standard delays.

Edit: I see you realized the difference while I was typing.

VH fan

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
The V3 versions (latest ) are excellent , two friends of mine have them , everything works as advertised.

Scuba-Matt

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Nice price. If I was going to buy one I would get the one without the battery.

Hobby Kid

Brighton Boy
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The one with the battery won't suffer delays. Fasttech don't declare it has a battery inside. They ship it as standard.

Lefty

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
It does carry their standard disclaimer - Because this product contains batteries, it can only be shipped via select shipping methods. These shipping methods are displayed when you check out the order. Last thing I ordered with that disclaimer went through Singpost I believe. Whether this incurs extra delay includes declivities, actuarial tables and if the customs inspector hung right or left that day or something else too arcane to describe. :)

Last edited:

Hobby Kid

Brighton Boy
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It does carry their standard disclaimer - Because this product contains batteries, it can only be shipped via select shipping methods. These shipping methods are displayed when you check out the order. Last thing I ordered with that disclaimer went through Singpost I believe. Whether this incurs extra delay includes declivities, actuarial tables and if the customs inspector hung right or left that day or something else too arcane to describe. :)
Ah ok. I'm in the UK. So it works different

Lefty

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I call it mail jazz. You never know where it's going next. After 50 or so FT orders in the last 9 months or so it's become a major source of entertainment. China Post usually sets the tune and USPS riffs off of that then tours the country with it like an old vaudeville troupe playing small obscure places before coming to your town.

Hobby Kid

Brighton Boy
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I call it mail jazz. You never know where it's going next. After 50 or so FT orders in the last 9 months or so it's become a major source of entertainment. China Post usually sets the tune and USPS riffs off of that then tours the country with it like an old vaudeville troupe playing small obscure places before coming to your town.
It's buying 'from' the US i find difficult-ish. Unless it's sent priority or express or wtr it's called it takes ages to leave. It seems to go from one depot to another. Once it makes it to the plane it's just a couple of days

Lefty

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
The majority of my FT orders took about 10 days to two weeks in transit. There were some real odysseys mixed in there though. Other than some difficulties meeting their ships in time frames, nothing that was in their control. USPS is quite capable of some odysseys on their own but frankly considering the volume of stuff they handle - not so bad. I ordered an Hcigar HC and a Fogger Saturday from a vendor 2300 miles away and had it in my hand today before noon.

Dutzy

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Recently purchased the one with the battery. It comes with a purple Efest 2500mah 35a battery. It does have short circuit protection. Shipping was just under 3 weeks

Hobby Kid

Brighton Boy
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Recently purchased the one with the battery. It comes with a purple Efest 2500mah 35a battery. It does have short circuit protection. Shipping was just under 3 weeks
What are the batteries like? I haven't actually used mine yet (only because I have enough batteries in use).

Dutzy

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Battery life is very good. That being said I don't go much lower than .8 on my builds, and normally like the 1.2 to 1.4 range. Overall I'm very happy with it, and for 50 dollars you can't go wrong.

VU Sponsors