nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
My husband retired a few months after his 62nd birthday, and he'll be 65 in July (here comes Medicare). He does work part-time, usually two days a week, but that did have some impact on our financial situation.

@SnapDragon NY thanks for your response. Makes me feel better. :hug:

SnapDragon NY

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
My husband retired a few months after his 62nd birthday, and he'll be 65 in July (here comes Medicare). He does work part-time, usually two days a week, but that did have some impact on our financial situation.

@SnapDragon NY thanks for your response. Makes me feel better. :hug:

Hard not to get swept up into purchasing things, but I know what I like and try to wait for great sales- like probably Memorial Day- usually many sales then, or 4th of July too. Pami just mentioned MFS 40% off on coils sale- a great time to stock up on needed coils. I have been getting into RTAs and RDTAs to not be so dependent on factory coils.
Yes you will see many things that will tempt you- the forum is good for that- LOL! I just remember all the money I spent on cigarettes- and what do I have to show for that- nothing, all got thrown away!

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Hard not to get swept up into purchasing things, but I know what I like and try to wait for great sales- like probably Memorial Day- usually many sales then, or 4th of July too. Pami just mentioned MFS 40% off on coils sale- a great time to stock up on needed coils. I have been getting into RTAs and RDTAs to not be so dependent on factory coils.
Yes you will see many things that will tempt you- the forum is good for that- LOL! I just remember all the money I spent on cigarettes- and what do I have to show for that- nothing, all got thrown away!

You surely have a good point there, about the money spent on cigarettes. For sure I have saved at least $15k, about $2k a year, even including all the gear and supplies I've ever bought since I started vaping.

There are a couple things that I'm SO glad I bought. The last mod, the Sig Evaya, good grief, I just LOVE the thing. Reviews of it weren't so good, I learned after the fact, but for the way I vape, it's just perfectly fine. But the aesthetic of it is what gets me, makes my heart go pitty-pat. Same with this red MiniBook. So there is a happiness factor to consider, too. I guess that's where vaping crosses over into hobby-land. :D

Can't say that I ever had a cigarette make me smile on the inside. So there's that. :D

I have a Herakles RTA and some UD pre-made coils over in my vape-gear box, just waiting. Frankly, I think I'm scared of it. Don't have much patience any more for working-with-my-hands kinds of things, and I find myself nervous, just wanting to get it over with, when I've tried to build coils or wick anything in the past. Plus, I have yet to ever have a good hit off an atomizer with those kinds of coils. Might as well say at this point that it's a vapocalypse kind of thing for me, and I'll use it if it ever gets to the point that I can't buy factory coils.

Countrypami

The Link Ninja
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Vendor Employee
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
LOL- I don't always get notifications either and miss some posts. I usually look under Watched Threads and can see the ones I post or follow.

I sold Princess House in the 80's and I still have and use quite a bit of it, but only on the Holidays. I didn't sell very long either- too expensive and all my friends and family got sick of all the different home parties- seemed like a different party every week like Tupperware, Candle , Kitchen, Home Decor- yes many home parties in the 80's and 90's.
This is a common problem... and I do the exact same... I go to my "watched threads".

I've got Tupperware out the wazzooo! And Home Interiors candles... I've gotten more into Scentsy and Pink Zebra lately so the cats can't singe their tails. :giggle::giggle::giggle:

Countrypami

The Link Ninja
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Vendor Employee
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
Oh, I cannot deal with those parties. Have only been to one in my life and now I can't even remember the name of the company - they're still around, sell really expensive "utilitarian" kitchen stuff. They have a pizza stone that I've wanted for years but I will never as long as I live shell out nearly $100 for a piece of rock to cook a $5.00 pizza on. I did buy a tiny spatula and a microwave saucepan, but even that little bit of stuff cost nearly $40. Insane, at least imo.

Y'all have probably noticed I talk (and, consequently, I think) about the cost of things A LOT. Yes, I do that. Even if I had a fat bank account, I'd probably still do it, just from prior conditioning. I could have a reasonably fat bank account in short order, if I were better at managing my own money, and my kids would learn to manage theirs. Unfortunately we have some bipolar disorder and substance abuse issues either currently present or in the not-so-distant past in my family, and the likelihood of things changing any time soon is not high. I have to spread the money I earn out over three families. So not to depress you any further, I'll leave it at that, just wanted to give you a little explanation of why I'm so focused on what things cost.
That sounds like "pampered chef".

I do the same... I'm a deal diva at the core.

Countrypami

The Link Ninja
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Vendor Employee
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
Now after all that blather, I actually have a question for you ladies and gentlemen, if you don't mind.

Anyone ever used a tank wrap?

Think I mentioned somewhere along the way that I bought an iJoy Capo 100 from a member here at VU, ordered a new battery for it, and it is working great paired with a Geekvape Illusion Mini, especially now that I have those Vaporesso Atlantis-style ceramic coils. The Illusion is a fat tank, and I only have two mods wide enough for it. The problem is that it's kicking up my matchy-OCD, because the tank is stainless and the mod is black with rainbow accents. I ordered a Smok-Prince-style wide-bore drip tip in a bright, dark pink-purple color, and that helps some, but that stainless is still making me crazy.

Now I'm wondering WHAT am I even saying here. For the price of a tank wrap and shipping, I could come close to paying for another Illusion Mini, a black one. Jeez. My own mind drives me nuts sometimes, always trying to figure out how to do things on the cheap. I've really got to learn to stop this.

Y'all don't mind me. I'll just sit over here and talk to myself. :blah: Maybe I should find a therapist.

Jwraps makes the best ones. I have one on two of my subtank mini's. Alon uses a marine grade adhesive. I can leave these sit in water for over 24 hours and the adhesive is not affected at all.

This one has been on my tank for 2 years now and still looks just as good!

20160324_185551.jpg

Countrypami

The Link Ninja
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Vendor Employee
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
You surely have a good point there, about the money spent on cigarettes. For sure I have saved at least $15k, about $2k a year, even including all the gear and supplies I've ever bought since I started vaping.

There are a couple things that I'm SO glad I bought. The last mod, the Sig Evaya, good grief, I just LOVE the thing. Reviews of it weren't so good, I learned after the fact, but for the way I vape, it's just perfectly fine. But the aesthetic of it is what gets me, makes my heart go pitty-pat. Same with this red MiniBook. So there is a happiness factor to consider, too. I guess that's where vaping crosses over into hobby-land. :D

Can't say that I ever had a cigarette make me smile on the inside. So there's that. :D

I have a Herakles RTA and some UD pre-made coils over in my vape-gear box, just waiting. Frankly, I think I'm scared of it. Don't have much patience any more for working-with-my-hands kinds of things, and I find myself nervous, just wanting to get it over with, when I've tried to build coils or wick anything in the past. Plus, I have yet to ever have a good hit off an atomizer with those kinds of coils. Might as well say at this point that it's a vapocalypse kind of thing for me, and I'll use it if it ever gets to the point that I can't buy factory coils.
I stocked up on rebuildable materials about a year ago in preperation for the "vape apocalypse".... 7 different kinds of wire, cotton, even have a few RDA/RTA's... I've never used any of it.... YET! :giggle:

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon

Yes, that is it. Pampered Chef. One of my co-workers is into all kinds of things like PC and Thirty-One, and she participates in Relay for Life, used to do a lot of fund-raising stuff for her kids' schools. I just can't get into all that. I did donate a Pandora-style bracelet to Relay through her once, and she came back, all happy, said they got $15 for it - and I had at least $40 in the bracelet and beads that I used. Never mind that you'd have to spend well over $300 for a real Pandora with a decent number of beads on it. That was the end of my donating through her.

Pandora is another weakness for me and I have a bunch of their stuff. Husband knows now that when he's supposed to buy me a gift for ANY occasion, that's what he needs to get. :D At least in that one way, I have him trained. Guess I won't get any more gifts ever once jewelry stores stop selling Pandora.

Countrypami

The Link Ninja
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Vendor Employee
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
Yes, that is it. Pampered Chef. One of my co-workers is into all kinds of things like PC and Thirty-One, and she participates in Relay for Life, used to do a lot of fund-raising stuff for her kids' schools. I just can't get into all that. I did donate a Pandora-style bracelet to Relay through her once, and she came back, all happy, said they got $15 for it - and I had at least $40 in the bracelet and beads that I used. Never mind that you'd have to spend well over $300 for a real Pandora with a decent number of beads on it. That was the end of my donating through her.

Pandora is another weakness for me and I have a bunch of their stuff. Husband knows now that when he's supposed to buy me a gift for ANY occasion, that's what he needs to get. :D At least in that one way, I have him trained. Guess I won't get any more gifts ever once jewelry stores stop selling Pandora.
My mom is a crafter... so I'm always getting drug to craft shows and farmers markets. She knits/crochete's scrubbies, dish clothes, and other odds and ends. I see a ton of these "sell it from home" deals... anything from Avon, Scentsy, PC, Tupperware, MIY jewelry, etc... What I really REALLY hate are the stinky ones... you know, the ones that INSIST on spraying, melting, or burning something that smells like dead roses! UGH! Ooops! back to my point... You would find lots of Pandora at the craft shows. :D

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
My mom is a crafter... so I'm always getting drug to craft shows and farmers markets. She knits/crochete's scrubbies, dish clothes, and other odds and ends. I see a ton of these "sell it from home" deals... anything from Avon, Scentsy, PC, Tupperware, MIY jewelry, etc... What I really REALLY hate are the stinky ones... you know, the ones that INSIST on spraying, melting, or burning something that smells like dead roses! UGH! Ooops! back to my point... You would find lots of Pandora at the craft shows. :D

I love a hand-crocheted cotton dish cloth. Had never heard of such a thing until I finally met my husband's "other" grandmother. (That's a whole other story.) First time I met her, she put me to work washing the dishes she'd dirtied while she was cooking. I commented on her great dish cloth, and she launched into a story about how her granddaughter Elizabeth used to crochet them for her, but nowadays she (Elizabeth) is just too busy. She (Granny) doesn't know where in the world she'll get any more "fit" dish cloths after these wear out....so I figured it out and made her (and myself, and everyone else I know) a few dish cloths.

After I gave myself tendonitis from crocheting about a dozen afghans between Labor Day and Christmas one year, 2012 maybe, I don't do much of it any more. Hence the lack of patience with handiwork - I've let myself become unaccustomed to it.

You know, it's the oddest thing, but so cute. My grandkids are fascinated with my bracelets. They love to hear how I came by each bead, who gave it to me, what the occasion was, all that. I also have a necklace that is just a snake chain with about 20 birthstone circlets threaded onto it, and they love that, too. I repeatedly have to show them "where am I?" or "which one is me?" on my necklace - each circlet represents a person in my close family group, girls on one side and boys on the other, oldest nearest the center, which is me. :inlove:

SnapDragon NY

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
I stocked up on rebuildable materials about a year ago in preperation for the "vape apocalypse".... 7 different kinds of wire, cotton, even have a few RDA/RTA's... I've never used any of it.... YET! :giggle:
LOL- I did the same, but after experiencing trouble with getting the Cobra Coils I bought some of the easier single coil RTAs and success- then I moved onto the Ample Pixys those are dual coil RDTAs but they work great too and then onto the Vandy Vape Pyros RDTAs, my favorite tanks right now.
So far I am having great success with these and have benched my sub tanks unless they have an RBA- saving my factory coils for a rainy day.
I have many of the Demon Killer coil kits in Kanthal,SS and Ni80, but I do have many spools of wire too.

SnapDragon NY

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT

Yes Pampered Chef- that's it!
My neighbor had one of those parties a few years ago and yes everything was expensive. I bought the heavy duty kitchen shears for cutting through lobsters and crab legs and some plastic cutting boards. The great thing is I met some of the other neighbors and it was actually kind of fun.

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Yes Pampered Chef- that's it!
My neighbor had one of those parties a few years ago and yes everything was expensive. I bought the heavy duty kitchen shears for cutting through lobsters and crab legs and some plastic cutting boards. The great thing is I met some of the other neighbors and it was actually kind of fun.

My Mr went to one of those Pampered Chef parties - he got the garlic press

I do have to say, it is the nicest garlic press I've ever used, period. Probably the most expensive too though, lol

SnapDragon NY

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
My Mr went to one of those Pampered Chef parties - he got the garlic press

I do have to say, it is the nicest garlic press I've ever used, period. Probably the most expensive too though, lol
I love my shears too- I use them all the time.
If I get invited to another one I will look into that garlic press!
Hey at least these are items we can use!

SnapDragon NY

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT

SnapDragon NY

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
Pami have you seen these?
Asmodus Lustro- many awesome colors to choose from soon!

https://www.asmodus.com/asMODus-Lustro-200W-Box-Mod-p/asmodus-lustro-200w.htm

asmodus-lustro-200w-57T.jpg
asmodus-lustro-200w-52T.jpg

Last edited:

Countrypami

The Link Ninja
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Vendor Employee
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Received my Triton tank and the hollowed sleeve for it yesterday. Put one of those Vaporesso ceramic coils in it, filled it up with homemade Peppermint Bark, put it on my Sig Evaya mod, then went to the doctor for blood work. When I got back, I picked up that mod and it hasn't left my hand since, except for when I was sleeping last night. I LOVE IT, and I love these coils. Have already ordered another pack of them from eliquid.com. Dang, I am happy.

Pami, if you haven't tried the Vaporesso ceramic coils on your Atlantis-coil tanks, I'd really recommend them to you. The flavor and smoothness is fabulous. Seriously. :D

ETA: Bet y'all didn't know you use coils in your mods, did ya? Oops.

Last edited:

SnapDragon NY

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
Oooooooooo OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
Who's buying it for me??!?!?!?!?!!? :D

LOL- I know, right! :inlove:
It is taking forever for them to release the newer colors and hope someone has a great sale when all the colors release.
Asmodus had a 17% off sale on St Patricks which brought the price to $66.00 and free shipping- not bad, but they didn't have any color I wanted. Only had Red, Yellow and Teal at the time:(

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
I do like that Asmodus mod. I love the symbol on the firing button, and the teal color. Have hesitated to go for multi-battery mods - this Capo with the 21700 battery in it is heavy enough. Not going to think about it much, though, because I'm not shopping right now. Have to behave for a little while.

Y'all have fun. I'll drive you all home after the party. :p

SnapDragon NY

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
Received my Triton tank and the hollowed sleeve for it yesterday. Put one of those Vaporesso ceramic coils in it, filled it up with homemade Peppermint Bark, put it on my Sig Evaya mod, then went to the doctor for blood work. When I got back, I picked up that mod and it hasn't left my hand since, except for when I was sleeping last night. I LOVE IT, and I love these coils. Have already ordered another pack of them from eliquid.com. Dang, I am happy.

Pami, if you haven't tried the Vaporesso ceramic coils on your Atlantis-coil tanks, I'd really recommend them to you. The flavor and smoothness is fabulous. Seriously. :D

ETA: Bet y'all didn't know you use coils in your mods, did ya? Oops.

I have used the Fremax Starre Pure tank that uses ceramic coils and they are very long lasting and very flavorful coils.
I will definitely have to try the Vaporesso Ceramic Atlantis style coils!
I have Kanger SSOCC ceramic coils to try too for my Nebox. I just bought one pack to try.

SnapDragon NY

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
I do like that Asmodus mod. I love the symbol on the firing button, and the teal color. Have hesitated to go for multi-battery mods - this Capo with the 21700 battery in it is heavy enough. Not going to think about it much, though, because I'm not shopping right now. Have to behave for a little while.

Y'all have fun. I'll drive you all home after the party. :p
I love the long battery life of the Asmodus Minikin V2- very small and fits entirely in my hand- I have 3 of them.Is a little heavy ,but not uncomfortable and feels sturdy and well built- I think you would love them.
Many here love the Minikin V2
The Lustro is just a smidge bigger, but still a small mod.I am waiting for a good sale and the Prism(rainbow) to come out before I make up my mind on what color I want in the Lustro- it has been on my wish list since January.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
I have used the Fremax Starre Pure tank that uses ceramic coils and they are very long lasting and very flavorful coils.
I will definitely have to try the Vaporesso Ceramic Atlantis style coils!
I have Kanger SSOCC ceramic coils to try too for my Nebox. I just bought one pack to try.

An additional nice quality about ceramic coils is that it's easy to change flavors. Doesn't take much to vape out the rest of an old flavor and get the new one in, fairly unpolluted. The fact that it used ceramic coils was one of the things I liked most about the Zephyrus tank, but unfortunately, it has started to leak. I haven't torn it down yet, but I will, to see if something is out of place. It may go into the vapocalypse box, along with the several packs of coils I have for it.

SnapDragon NY

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
An additional nice quality about ceramic coils is that it's easy to change flavors. Doesn't take much to vape out the rest of an old flavor and get the new one in, fairly unpolluted. The fact that it used ceramic coils was one of the things I liked most about the Zephyrus tank, but unfortunately, it has started to leak. I haven't torn it down yet, but I will, to see if something is out of place. It may go into the vapocalypse box, along with the several packs of coils I have for it.

Some tanks just leak. Yes good to put away until you figure out the problem!
I like the Tobeco Super tanks too- use the Atlantis style coils- very nice tank for a great price.
I have been using more RTAs and RDTAs lately and have been having great success with them.
I am liking squonking again- The HCigar VT Inbox V3 DNA is awesome so far!

Countrypami

The Link Ninja
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Vendor Employee
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
LOL- I know, right! :inlove:
It is taking forever for them to release the newer colors and hope someone has a great sale when all the colors release.
Asmodus had a 17% off sale on St Patricks which brought the price to $66.00 and free shipping- not bad, but they didn't have any color I wanted. Only had Red, Yellow and Teal at the time:(
I've got an inside source watching on the wholesale side. I just hope they don't re-nig the Prism color like they did the metallic purple on the Minikin.

Countrypami

The Link Ninja
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Vendor Employee
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
Same. Haven't tried mine yet either. I didn't care for the Claptons, hopefully the ceramic are better.

SnapDragon NY

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
Same. Haven't tried mine yet either. I didn't care for the Claptons, hopefully the ceramic are better.

I will probably be trying out the SSOCC ceramic coil in the next few days- if it is awesome- I will be ordering more. I just threw in a pack on an order to try them out. I never tried the Claptons. I am hoping that they are as good as the Freemax ceramic coils- those are very long lasting and taste great to me.

Countrypami

The Link Ninja
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Vendor Employee
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
I will probably be trying out the SSOCC ceramic coil in the next few days- if it is awesome- I will be ordering more. I just threw in a pack on an order to try them out. I never tried the Claptons. I am hoping that they are as good as the Freemax ceramic coils- those are very long lasting and taste great to me.
In the subtank coils I've tried kanthal, nc, ss, clapton, and the ceramic. My favorite is still the original kanthal, maybe the ceramic will change my mind on that. I would like the SS but they take so stinkin' long to heat up. I don't like that delay... I want instant heat! :p

SnapDragon NY

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
In the subtank coils I've tried kanthal, nc, ss, clapton, and the ceramic. My favorite is still the original kanthal, maybe the ceramic will change my mind on that. I would like the SS but they take so stinkin' long to heat up. I don't like that delay... I want instant heat! :p
I have the SSOCC in Kanthal .5Ω and the Ceramic .5Ω I also threw in a pack of the OCC(square) .5 Ω as they are supposed to work too in the Nebox.
Weird when I ordered some more of the SSOCC they are much larger than my others- I guess these are the V2, newer- I like them much better.
I have enough Kanger coils for the next 3 or more years- I haven't tried the RBA either.

Ms. Trixy

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon

I agree with @Countrypami on the Kanger coils. I've been using them since I started vaping 3yrs ago. The SSOCC suck in my opinion. Too long to heat up, harder to pull and it doesn't taste right. I still love the original square .50Ω. I somehow ordered Claptons I noticed yesterday. Have you tried the Claptons yet, Pami?

Countrypami

The Link Ninja
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Vendor Employee
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
I use the squares in all of them except the toptank. I get the OCC's for that one.

I've had that happen to me too... Exact same coils from 2 different vendors...

13319834_10209580966711169_712959579794974454_n.jpg

Countrypami

The Link Ninja
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Vendor Employee
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
I agree with @Countrypami on the Kanger coils. I've been using them since I started vaping 3yrs ago. The SSOCC suck in my opinion. Too long to heat up, harder to pull and it doesn't taste right. I still love the original square .50Ω. I somehow ordered Claptons I noticed yesterday. Have you tried the Claptons yet, Pami?
Yes, didn't care for it. Tasted funny to me.

Ms. Trixy

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
I haven't tried one, but on your note, think I'll stick with I know I like. If anyone knows someone that uses Clapton Kanger OCC coils, send them my way. I think I ....holy crap. I have 8 boxes? Clearly I wasn't paying attention to what sale item I was purchasing. I'm down 6 boxes on my .50Ω OCC. I'll trade if someone uses the Clapton.

Countrypami

The Link Ninja
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Vendor Employee
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
I haven't tried one, but on your note, think I'll stick with I know I like. If anyone knows someone that uses Clapton Kanger OCC coils, send them my way. I think I ....holy crap. I have 8 boxes? Clearly I wasn't paying attention to what sale item I was purchasing. I'm down 6 boxes on my .50Ω OCC. I'll trade if someone uses the Clapton.
You should offer them up in the Trading Post ;)

Countrypami

The Link Ninja
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Vendor Employee
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
I was thinking about getting one for the same reasons as you! Either the XOMO or the Smoking Vapor Mi One - these are all so tiny!

Smoking-Vapor-MI-ONE-Starter-Kit-11_1024x1024.jpg
That's my problem too... I love the Abalone but hate that it's a teeny tiny mod.

SnapDragon NY

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
8Vape is having a 20% off sale going on thru 5/5 - great prices here!

https://www.eightvape.com/

May the 4th be with you! Use coupon code: MAYTHE4TH for 20% OFF your next order! Darth Vape On! (Offer ends Revenge of the 5th Saturday)

SnapDragon NY

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
Of course I placed and order for a new Penguin SE for hubby on Thursday along with more coils and a spare tank on Thursday- missed the 20% off-
LOL- always happens to me, order before a big sale.
The Asmodus Lustro is on sale here and many colors - around $64.00 shipped is a great deal
https://www.eightvape.com/products/asmodus-lustro-200w-mod

Just Frank

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Hey gals. Have you ever tried Smoks TFV4 mini? I got a bunch of them a while back for really cheap. I know they don't fit the theme of this thread but I wanted to share wit yall, the sale is back on. $4.99 a piece. Here's a couple of mine-
0406181729a.jpg
They only got the silver ones left, but Ive been really happy with mine. Well worth it for five bucks, Tank, 2 coils, RBA, bands, cotton, wire, spare glass. If you're like me, you pounce on deals. I gave a few away to family.
https://www.eightvape.com/products/tfv4-mini
One on my Pico (looks tall lol)-
0505181753b.jpg

Last edited:

SnapDragon NY

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
Hey gals. Have you ever tried Smoks TFV4 mini? I got a bunch of them a while back for really cheap. I know they don't fit the theme of this thread but I wanted to share wit yall, the sale is back on. $4.99 a piece. Here's a couple of mine-
View attachment 110319
They only got the silver ones left, but Ive been really happy with mine. Well worth it for five bucks, Tank, 2 coils, RBA, bands, cotton, wire, spare glass. If you're like me, you pounce on deals. I gave a few away to family.
https://www.eightvape.com/products/tfv4-mini
One on my Pico (looks tall lol)-
View attachment 110321

Very Nice deal and remember 8Vape is taking another 20% off today with code :
MAYTHE4TH

Countrypami

The Link Ninja
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Vendor Employee
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
Check out this beauty that arrived today! Let me tell you, I'm not normally a blue fan... but THIS IS GORGEOUS!! :inlove:It's a metallic cobalt blue. I did my best to capture it in the pic, but the pic just doesn't do it justice.

And it's my first Squonker!! :D

20180505_213112.jpg

VU Sponsors