Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
I finally bought a new skin from eBay for my ole trusty 3 year old Nebox- Yay it covers all the nicks and scrapes! Nebox is still working great, it is my most used mod and goes every where with me.
Kind of girly right? I liked the colors of this one.

20190506_124430.jpg20190506_124421.jpg

Last edited:

Countrypami

The Link Ninja
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Vendor Employee
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon

SnapDragon NY

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
That's pretty!

Thanks Pami- so hard to chose one since many have a black back ground- the old Nebox is white so I had to find one I liked and would look OK with the white, since the vent hole is white.
I wanted a beautiful leopard, but the vent hole would be like right by it's eyes- weird spot for that - LOL

s-l500.jpg

SnapDragon NY

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
i love that color.
lemme know when they discontinue it.
i'm never gonna buy hot current stuff again.
i paid $56 for my first sobra.
i just ordered 2 for back ups.
$50 for 2.

Never fails- everything eventually goes on a great sale after I buy it!
I used my MFS $20.00 win coupon 2 buy 2 Elevate RTAs they had on sale- yep you guessed it, the next day they took another 10% off those already on sale RTAs- ugh!
Happens to me all the time!
:gaah:

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Never fails- everything eventually goes on a great sale after I buy it!
I used my MFS $20.00 win coupon 2 buy 2 Elevate RTAs they had on sale- yep you guessed it, the next day they took another 10% off those already on sale RTAs- ugh!
Happens to me all the time!
:gaah:

They also just sent out a 15% off code to use on tanks, I think it was in e-mail.

That mess usually happens to me when I'm dead broke, which is quite often lately.

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Drives me NUTS o_O when that happens. I think in 7 years I've only paid reg price for like 3 mods. I ALWAYS wait for the deal on them.

That's another way that my vaping at such low wattage is very economical -- when the higher-wattage mods got to be the norm, the low wattage mods got DIRT cheap. I do have a couple of Aegis mods, 100w originals, but I got them because they're so tough; great mods for someone who has to drop everything she touches, at least twice before I can actually grab it. :D I got the first one on sale at MVS, and the 2nd even a bit cheaper, buying it 2nd-hand here at the forum. I still don't want to spend more than $50 for a mod. My ceiling used to be $40, but since I'm no longer wasting tons of money by turning it into ashes, our budget has VASTLY improved, so I set my ceiling price a little higher. :)

I was going to post this in the "vape related today" thread, but there are a few folks in there who are quite hostile to me, so I thought I'd post it here where the hostile folks don't usually venture... Last night, I finally emptied the first gal of PG I ever bought, back in 2016 -- I'd always bought it before in small quantity, and I do still have about half of a half-liter bottle I got from ECX... and it's a good thing I do, because I made the discovery that the other gal I have, which I thought was PG... is actually VG. My son uses a lot of it though, so it's not a huge deal... but clearly, it's time to restock PG! And since I had to get a fresh 30ml of nic out of the freezer, I think it's probably also time to consolidate my boxes and get a bit more nic in the freezer.

Pami, that rainbow mod you posted last... is that an integrated-battery mod? I'm thinking I ought to get a couple more of that type, to go with all the external-batt mods I have -- I like having a good selection of both kinds. Might just go with an Aegis Mini; my son has one and it's really neat!

Andria

Countrypami

The Link Ninja
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Vendor Employee
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
That's another way that my vaping at such low wattage is very economical -- when the higher-wattage mods got to be the norm, the low wattage mods got DIRT cheap. I do have a couple of Aegis mods, 100w originals, but I got them because they're so tough; great mods for someone who has to drop everything she touches, at least twice before I can actually grab it. :D I got the first one on sale at MVS, and the 2nd even a bit cheaper, buying it 2nd-hand here at the forum. I still don't want to spend more than $50 for a mod. My ceiling used to be $40, but since I'm no longer wasting tons of money by turning it into ashes, our budget has VASTLY improved, so I set my ceiling price a little higher. :)

I was going to post this in the "vape related today" thread, but there are a few folks in there who are quite hostile to me, so I thought I'd post it here where the hostile folks don't usually venture... Last night, I finally emptied the first gal of PG I ever bought, back in 2016 -- I'd always bought it before in small quantity, and I do still have about half of a half-liter bottle I got from ECX... and it's a good thing I do, because I made the discovery that the other gal I have, which I thought was PG... is actually VG. My son uses a lot of it though, so it's not a huge deal... but clearly, it's time to restock PG! And since I had to get a fresh 30ml of nic out of the freezer, I think it's probably also time to consolidate my boxes and get a bit more nic in the freezer.

Pami, that rainbow mod you posted last... is that an integrated-battery mod? I'm thinking I ought to get a couple more of that type, to go with all the external-batt mods I have -- I like having a good selection of both kinds. Might just go with an Aegis Mini; my son has one and it's really neat!

Andria
Yes, 3000Mah internal battery.

susieqz

Silver Contributor
Member For 1 Year
any of you guys know capella flavors?
lucy helped me make a pint of 12mg base.
i made a great early morn peppermint, so i gotta get a big bottle.
i have several bottles of flavors n i'd like to know what to get to pair with them.
i'm willing to do 2 flavor mixes.

i have a thread running on the diy subforum, but except for lucy, people aren't enthusiastic.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
i have several bottles of flavors n i'd like to know what to get to pair with them.

i have a thread running on the diy subforum, but except for lucy, people aren't enthusiastic.

Sorry Susie, I didn't realize you were there. I've left you a couple of ideas on that thread.

SnapDragon NY

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT

Sorry I don't DIY so I can't help you with that.

susieqz

Silver Contributor
Member For 1 Year
thanks nada.
wrote them down.
i'm not a diyer either.
i had vg n pg around for something else, so i bot nic to try unflavored, which is nice.
adding peppermint is even nicer. so it worked.
i thot i'd try 1 or 2 flavor recipes, but i'm not interested in those complicated recipes.
juice isn't that expensive.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years

Capella's Sweet Cream is one of my MUST HAVEs... the flavor is absolutely authentic; I even add it to food! I eat low-fat, so being able to have the taste of cream without all the fat is a real godsend. :)

Andria

susieqz

Silver Contributor
Member For 1 Year
thanks andria. i'll order it.
sounds like it will go with other flavors i got, like caramel n blueberry.
i just made a nich peach. better than what i buy.
those guys would throw me out of the diy subforum if they knew how i'm doing this.
i'm not gonna do 2% this n 3% that.
i'm measuring with my tablespoon.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
thanks andria. i'll order it.
sounds like it will go with other flavors i got, like caramel n blueberry.
i just made a nich peach. better than what i buy.
those guys would throw me out of the diy subforum if they knew how i'm doing this.
i'm not gonna do 2% this n 3% that.
i'm measuring with my tablespoon.

Whatever works, right? ;)

That Sweet Cream really is great, but, don't be misled by its name -- it's not sweet at all; it's just like actual cream. I use it in my strawberry & cream recipe to give it more richness and creaminess without adding anymore sweetness; the shisha strawberry is already really sweet, and both the DX Bavarian Cream and Vanilla Swirl are pretty sweet too -- I no longer even add sweetener, because that combo of flavors is quite sweet already -- the Sweet Cream just makes it richer and creamier.

Andria

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
i don't need sweet.
i guess, if i did, some aspertane would work.

If you can stand that taste and aftertaste. I think it's awful, but someone already accustomed to it, eh, I guess it would work. I always used TFA's Sweetener when I used any, it's sucralose -- much closer to the taste of actual sugar. Some folks like stevia; I've never tried it, because I'm just not in favor of artificial sweeteners in real food/drink, and sucralose worked great for vaping. But I've heard that some forms of stevia also have an aftertaste.

Andria

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
If you can stand that taste and aftertaste. I think it's awful, but someone already accustomed to it, eh, I guess it would work. I always used TFA's Sweetener when I used any, it's sucralose -- much closer to the taste of actual sugar. Some folks like stevia; I've never tried it, because I'm just not in favor of artificial sweeteners in real food/drink, and sucralose worked great for vaping. But I've heard that some forms of stevia also have an aftertaste.

Andria

Aspartame is dangerous. It is a neurological excitotoxin like MSG. If you're going to use sweetener, use stevia or sucralose, please!

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Some folks like stevia; I've never tried it, because I'm just not in favor of artificial sweeteners in real food/drink

Stevia is made from the stevia plant, it is not a man made sweetener at all

But it can be sickenly sweet if you over do it for sure

Can't stand it in food, but I used to use it in juice when I was still into sweetening

Now I never ever add sweetener

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Stevia is made from the stevia plant, it is not a man made sweetener at all

But it can be sickenly sweet if you over do it for sure

Can't stand it in food, but I used to use it in juice when I was still into sweetening

Now I never ever add sweetener

Stevia (the plant) is also in the mint family, so if folks are allergic to mint, chances are they'll be allergic to stevia, too.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Aspartame is dangerous. It is a neurological excitotoxin like MSG. If you're going to use sweetener, use stevia or sucralose, please!

I remember reading something along those lines about aspartame, but I hate to mention it because I have no idea where I read it, and these days, anything you say online, people always want you to list your sources, bibliography and footnotes. :facepalm: I personally don't find the taste of it one bit better than saccharine, they're both just horrible, along with sorbitol and xylitol -- BLEAH! The taste of sucralose in food/drink is borderline, but definitely more tolerable than any of the others, and it definitely works very well in ejuice.

Andria

susieqz

Silver Contributor
Member For 1 Year
aspertame is used in every diet pop.
i use it in coffee too.

more important is MSG.
the study that said it was harmful was poorly done.
follow up studies showed MSG to be fine.
the press didn't cover that part of the story.
i use MSG in most things. italian, etc.
MSG is just salt.
my most important seasoning.

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
aspertame is used in every diet pop.
i use it in coffee too.

more important is MSG.
the study that said it was harmful was poorly done.
follow up studies showed MSG to be fine.
the press didn't cover that part of the story.
i use MSG in most things. italian, etc.
MSG is just salt.
my most important seasoning.

As long as you aren't sensitive to it; MSG triggers horrible reactions to a lot of people

For my brother, even a pinch hidden in food triggers his Menier's Disease, which for him equates to hours or even days of severe vertigo

Anyone with any kind of autoimmune disease needs to steer clear of MSG big time

susieqz

Silver Contributor
Member For 1 Year
i'm sorry for your brother. without msg, food doesn't sparkle.

i didn't see that in the reports.
sounds like an allergic reaction?

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
i'm sorry for your brother. without msg, food doesn't sparkle.

i didn't see that in the reports.
sounds like an allergic reaction?

MSG can severely aggravate the body's autoimmune response, so if you have any kind of AI disease (I have RA for instance) MSG is not going to be good for you and in some cases cause very dire and immediate consequences

susieqz

Silver Contributor
Member For 1 Year
that is contrary to what i've read.
do you have a source for that?
i'd like to read it n compare.

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
that is contrary to what i've read.
do you have a source for that?
i'd like to read it n compare.

MSG is highly linked to inflammation - which is the root of almost all disease.

If you have any type of AI disease or disorder, most doctors will tell you to eliminate MSG and other chemicals from your food

Any doctor who doesn't is going to be making money off you keeping you sick, I kid you not

You will not be as healthy as you think if you use a lot of MSG, but it's a free country, eat what you like

This article discusses how MSG increases fluid in the inner ear, compounding the effects of Meniere's Disease, which is what plagues my brother (he has not worked in years because of this malady and is considered disabled)

https://www.healthyhearing.com/help/tinnitus/menieres-disease

Harms the liver:

Monosodium glutamate (MSG): Is it harmful? - Mayo Clinichttps://www.mayoclinic.org/healthy...and.../monosodium-glutamate/faq-20058196

Increases inflammation

MSG Side Effects and How to Avoid Them - University Health Newshttps://universityhealthnews.com/daily/nutrition/7-alarming-msg-side-effects/

susieqz

Silver Contributor
Member For 1 Year
thanks, lucy.
i'll peruse those.
i may need to post warning signs at my table.
i won't stop using it because i love it, but
i don't wanna harm strangers.
nobody poisoned yet.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Chemicals have cumulative effects over the years, too, in people who aren't so sensitive that they react immediately.

Aspartame is just as bad as MSG, works on the brain the same way. I can't quote specifics because it's been years since I did any reading.

I have worked with several people over the years for whom MSG triggered migraine headaches.

Many diet drinks now contain sucralose. Cheap, house-brand diet sodas, as well as sugar-free things like gelatins, still contain aspartame. I don't ingest any of 'em, and I won't ever use Equal again.

Like Luce said, though, everybody has to pick their own battles. So I'm just sayin.

susieqz

Silver Contributor
Member For 1 Year
i read those articles.
the mayo is credible, not necessarily the others.
i read nothing proving msg harms people in normal health that aren't allergic.
good.
i don't have to post warning signs.

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
i read those articles.
the mayo is credible, not necessarily the others.
i read nothing proving msg harms people in normal health that aren't allergic.
good.
i don't have to post warning signs.

I know what it does to me (and my brother) which is good enough for me to avoid the shit like the plague

Just Frank

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
We've never used MSG seasoning or how ever you use it. But one time when I was a kid I got really sick. We were up in Calgary and at a Chinese restaurant. That evening and the whole next day I was in agony. My aunt suggested that I might be sensitive to MSG. I guess she could tell they used a lot of it in the food we were eating. It could have been just food poisoning, I don't really know. But in a group of six, I was the only one that got sick. It was a weird sick too. It didn't feel like the flu. I really don't know much about the stuff.

susieqz

Silver Contributor
Member For 1 Year
lots of people use msg n don't even know it.
mom swore she would never use it, but in her cabinet she always had ACCENT.
pretty funny.
food poisoning is not unknown in chi restaurants.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
As long as you aren't sensitive to it; MSG triggers horrible reactions to a lot of people

For my brother, even a pinch hidden in food triggers his Menier's Disease, which for him equates to hours or even days of severe vertigo

Anyone with any kind of autoimmune disease needs to steer clear of MSG big time

My son gets TERRIBLE migraines, and MSG is one of the WORST triggers. For most people, it simply causes obesity, because when you eat MSG, you can be completely full, and your brain keeps telling you to keep eating, eat more. Nasty, horrible, dangerous shit.

I wouldn't drink diet soda if my life depended on it, because that shit SUCKS BALLS. It's also far more dangerous to health than sugar ever thought of being, since it starves the good flora in the gut and allows the nasty flora to flourish. It's the worst thing for human health that commercial marketing has EVER foisted on the public -- worse than cigarettes even, because we all know NOW that cigarettes are bad for you, but people keep drinking diet soda like it's fucking manna from heaven -- I'm quite sure it played a HUGE role in my mother's death, because she sucked down diet Dr Pepper like it was fucking oxygen.

Every time I go to my doc, if I'm drinking a soda, he has kittens, and starts reminding me that my mother died of diabetic complications, and then he takes my blood, and my A1C comes up at 5.1 -- EVERY FUCKING YEAR FOR THE LAST 5 GODDAMN YEARS, exactly the same every fucking year he does my blood work -- my glucose is dead-stable, because an occasional soda is all the soda I ever drink -- mostly I drink decaf tea, which I sweeten to the level of "almost sweet" -- with sugar, because when you use sugar in moderation, IT WON'T KILL YOU. Unlike all the diet shit out there.

Andria

susieqz

Silver Contributor
Member For 1 Year
yeah. i just heard that aspertame is bad for gut bacteria.
i'm cutting it back.
when i use up what i have, i'll be on sugar.
the market had these huge 40 lb bags of sugar, so i got one.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Well, the only thing vape-related I did today was vape, so I gave the vape-related-today thread a miss. However I did celebrate 58 yrs of being on planet Earth today (which at this point was technically yesterday, but y'know... night owl. ;)), with a haircut and a great Subway sandwich for dinner... so I thought I'd come here and see if y'all know of any good sales on any lower-wattage (100w or less) mods right now. My aunt gave me $100, and I could use a new mod, haven't bought anything new since I scored that Aegis here at the forum a while back. No squonks, still haven't fallen down that rabbit hole, and I've never really cared for mechs.

My husband gave me some lovely lab-created emerald earrings -- we're not rich enough for the mined-from-the-Earth kind, but they ARE 10k gold, and real purty, also my birthstone. :) I've been going NUTS on earrings lately since while I had the flu and was bored out of my gourd, I played around with some old studs and finally managed to get them thru the ear holes that I thought had grown closed -- they haven't, it just took being bored and having nothing else to do and much patience, to get them open again. And a little pain and a *smidge* of bleeding, but you know... what we do for beauty. :D I now have pierced ears again and am DELIGHTED about it. :)

Andria

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Well, the only thing vape-related I did today was vape, so I gave the vape-related-today thread a miss. However I did celebrate 58 yrs of being on planet Earth today (which at this point was technically yesterday, but y'know... night owl. ;)), with a haircut and a great Subway sandwich for dinner... so I thought I'd come here and see if y'all know of any good sales on any lower-wattage (100w or less) mods right now. My aunt gave me $100, and I could use a new mod, haven't bought anything new since I scored that Aegis here at the forum a while back. No squonks, still haven't fallen down that rabbit hole, and I've never really cared for mechs.

My husband gave me some lovely lab-created emerald earrings -- we're not rich enough for the mined-from-the-Earth kind, but they ARE 10k gold, and real purty, also my birthstone. :) I've been going NUTS on earrings lately since while I had the flu and was bored out of my gourd, I played around with some old studs and finally managed to get them thru the ear holes that I thought had grown closed -- they haven't, it just took being bored and having nothing else to do and much patience, to get them open again. And a little pain and a *smidge* of bleeding, but you know... what we do for beauty. :D I now have pierced ears again and am DELIGHTED about it. :)

Andria

:confetti: HAPPY BIRTHDAY:confetti:

As a bonus, it's still May 22 up here :hug:

Countrypami

The Link Ninja
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Vendor Employee
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon

Andria
Happy Birthday :vino:

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
:confetti: HAPPY BIRTHDAY:confetti:

As a bonus, it's still May 22 up here :hug:

So it is! And will be, for some hours more. :)

Happy Birthday Andria!
Happy Birthday :vino:

Thanks, all y'all! My husband told me tonight that soon I'll be able to join his club... the old farts' club. :giggle:

On a side note... Bernie Taupin, Elton John's lyricist, turned 68 today -- he's EXACTLY 10 yrs older than I am, to the day. :) It definitely seemed like a much bigger difference when I was 14 and had EJ plastered all over my bedroom walls, and very little else on my record player. :teehee:

Andria

VU Sponsors