Become a Patron!

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Hi Andria-
How are you doing?
The mod with the roses is the Asvape Gabriel 80w mod. It comes from the factory with that kinda rubbery coating that is textured. Pretty cool little mod and comfortable to hold, battery life sux, but that is to be expected with a single 18650 battery. Looks like tattoo art. Comes in a nice leather like case too.

View attachment 136311

Dang, I was hoping it was a wrap. :D I've seen several mods with that configuration, the fire btn on the little up-turned edge, and I'm not sure that would suit me, seems my thumb would always been in the wrong place -- I've always been a "thumb fire" vaper. But I'm kinda amazed there are still any mods made that are less than 100w! My 10w vaping, using 30Q's, usually gives me at least 2 days on a battery, or even 3 days if I'm using my Minibooks. I love them for their size, shape, and the clever doors, but their efficiency is better than any other mod I've ever used.

As for me... bleghhhh. Got a nasty cold, a really bad one; it's a damn good thing I DON'T smoke anymore, or I'd probably be in the hospital, because this is hitting my lungs HARD, along with the usual from the nose. It's a cold though, not the flu; no fever, and no particular feeling of "malaise," just lots of mucus and sneezing, nose blowing, headache, and coughing. Oh, what fun. :confused: My husband brought it home to me. I was really worried about him, he was coughing so much, and he was once diagnosed with "borderline COPD" so I was thinking the worst... turns out it was just this damn cold, and I should have kept my distance, instead of playing Dr Mommy! :facepalm:

Andria

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
@AndriaD hope you feel better soon!

The creeping crud got me this year, too. I'm still coughing a little, a month in. Definitely not like I would be if I was smoking, though.

Thank goodness the weather is warmer. If you have a really bad chest cold like that in really cold weather, it's a foolproof recipe for bronchitis.

SnapDragon NY

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
As for me... bleghhhh. Got a nasty cold, a really bad one; it's a damn good thing I DON'T smoke anymore, or I'd probably be in the hospital, because this is hitting my lungs HARD, along with the usual from the nose. It's a cold though, not the flu; no fever, and no particular feeling of "malaise," just lots of mucus and sneezing, nose blowing, headache, and coughing. Oh, what fun. :confused: My husband brought it home to me. I was really worried about him, he was coughing so much, and he was once diagnosed with "borderline COPD" so I was thinking the worst... turns out it was just this damn cold, and I should have kept my distance, instead of playing Dr Mommy! :facepalm:

Andria

OMG sorry you are sick- ugh!
My Hubby had the stomach flu a few weeks ago- 1st time I ever remember him being so sick! They sent him home from work and he was home a week and a 1/2 to get over it! Lucky for me, I did not catch it, I had to play nurse to him and tried not to breathe around him!
Take care of yourself and I hope you are feeling better soon!

4a-Get-Well-Soon-Balloon-Bouquet-9211.ashx

SnapDragon NY

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT

The creeping crud got me this year, too. I'm still coughing a little, a month in. Definitely not like I would be if I was smoking, though.

Thank goodness the weather is warmer. If you have a really bad chest cold like that in really cold weather, it's a foolproof recipe for bronchitis.

Sorry to hear you have been sick too and hope that cough clears up soon!

sunshine_feel_better_soon_bouquet_cover__22528.1531364315.jpg

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years

Yeah I had that last year after the flu, in Feb; the flu wiped out my energy so horribly that I didn't have enough strength to cough that shit out, and it sat there and turned into bronchitis. Thank goodness, this is quite different; I'm miserable with the nose crud, the constant sneezing and nose blowing, and coughing, but I do have enough energy to keep coughing, so I can get rid of it. Taking some of that "Severe Congestion Relief" from Walmart, with guaifenesin, and drinking lots of non-caffeinated stuff, so I can keep coughing and keep getting rid of it. First bad cold I've had since 2014 right before I started vaping!

But, I'm thinking it would be a better idea to keep putting off the grocerying, and not take my rhinovirus out to the world -- if someone else had considered that, neither my husband nor myself would have caught this shit!

Andria

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Yeah I had that last year after the flu, in Feb; the flu wiped out my energy so horribly that I didn't have enough strength to cough that shit out, and it sat there and turned into bronchitis. Thank goodness, this is quite different; I'm miserable with the nose crud, the constant sneezing and nose blowing, and coughing, but I do have enough energy to keep coughing, so I can get rid of it. Taking some of that "Severe Congestion Relief" from Walmart, with guaifenesin, and drinking lots of non-caffeinated stuff, so I can keep coughing and keep getting rid of it. First bad cold I've had since 2014 right before I started vaping!

But, I'm thinking it would be a better idea to keep putting off the grocerying, and not take my rhinovirus out to the world -- if someone else had considered that, neither my husband nor myself would have caught this shit!

Andria

Sounds like time for Walmart Grocery pickup. Best thing since white bread.

That's what I thought when I was sick - if my coworker had kept his ass at home when HE was sick, I'd have never had an issue.

That guaifenesin stuff does the trick. Better out than in. Sudafed is like poison to me, sends me directly to the doctor with a sinus infection every time.

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
hope you get better soon, andria.
the best way to avoid colds is to avoid people.
kinda hard to avoid your hubby tho.

Agreed.

Me, I used the same dollar store guaifenesin 'DM' stuff which is an expectorant, and lots of minty/menthol vapes.

But, also lots of vitamins, garlic, ginger, fennel, and super hot chiles.

Hot tea with lemon and honey is good for ya too. Avoid coffee, chocolate, milk and refined sugars.

It'll just take it's course, but your immune system will adapt and learn.

Last edited:

SnapDragon NY

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
Agreed.

Me, I used the same dollar store guaifenesin 'DM' stuff which is an expectorant, and lots of minty/menthol vapes.

But, also lots of vitamins, garlic, ginger, fennel, and super hot chiles.

My homemade Chicken Noodle soup cures everything- LOL
We use Thera-flu, Nyquil and Musinex 12 hour works pretty good for congestion and coughing too.
I was lucky I didn't catch my hubby's flu- all that coughing and nose blowing, I am really surprised I escaped the Flu!

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
We use Thera-flu, Nyquil and Musinex 12 hour works pretty good for congestion and coughing too.
I was lucky I didn't catch my hubby's flu- all that coughing and nose blowing, I am really surprised I escaped the Flu!

Ya, I used the Dollar store's day/night cold capsules when needed, but that's as far as I medicate.
If my immune system can't deal, it'd better adapt quick.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon

I'm a firm believer in chicken soup. Besides which, hard to find anything better to eat than the homemade good stuff. :) With grilled cheese.

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I'm a firm believer in chicken soup. Besides which, hard to find anything better to eat than the homemade good stuff. :) With grilled cheese.

I like mine with rice and a lot of the aforementioned garlic/onion/fennel/superhot chiles. And, a good shot of yellow Curry paste. :)

It'll blow my head off, but I feel so much better after.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
I'm more of a butter and cream soup person myself. If you like Cream of Chicken soup and you've never had it homemade, you are really missing out.

The other way I make it a lot is with Italian seasoning, baby carrots, onions, and noodles. Plenty of black pepper. Good stuff.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
You guys have me now thinking of Hot spicy foods next time I get a bug, but it is so rare I hope I remember~! Have a buddy who is giving me a Hot pepper plant for this years crop. I think Habenero is what he grows.

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I'm more of a butter and cream soup person myself. If you like Cream of Chicken soup and you've never had it homemade, you are really missing out.

The other way I make it a lot is with Italian seasoning, baby carrots, onions, and noodles. Plenty of black pepper. Good stuff.

Ya, but cream coats your throat, not good for a cold/flu IMO. I do a broth-based one for colds.
I like using the curry too as thousands of years of Vedic medicine can't be all wrong...

That soup to me isn't a cuisine if I'm sick, it's medicine.

The Green Witch Herbal & The Big Book of Herbs. Two books everyone should own and then BP would go bankrupt.. ;)

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Yeppers. Whiskey Sour FTW.

I believe a Hot Toddy is Hot Buttered Rum. Let me check~! Nope I was wrong it is Whiskey~!

A hot toddy is a mixture of a spirit (usually whisky), hot water, and honey (or, in some recipes, sugar). In Canada, maple syrup may be used. Additional ingredients such as cloves, a lemon slice or cinnamon (in stick or ground form) are often also added.

SnapDragon NY

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
I like mine with rice and a lot of the aforementioned garlic/onion/fennel/superhot chiles. And, a good shot of yellow Curry paste. :)

It'll blow my head off, but I feel so much better after.

Yes my son likes chicken soup with rice too.
I think that is why I didn't get the flu- as soon as my hubby became sick, I made and ate a lot of Chicken noodle soup. Love my pressure cooker- awesome soup in an hour.
Plus since I quit smoking and started vaping I hardly ever get sick any more.

SnapDragon NY

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
Ya, I used the Dollar store's day/night cold capsules when needed, but that's as far as I medicate.
If my immune system can't deal, it'd better adapt quick.

I use Family Dollar's Severe Headache tablets( big bottle)- love that stuff, haven't had a migraine in a year, works great and is affordable.
I use their cough medicine, aspirin, and tylenol works just as good as the name brands.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Sounds like time for Walmart Grocery pickup. Best thing since white bread.

That's what I thought when I was sick - if my coworker had kept his ass at home when HE was sick, I'd have never had an issue.

That guaifenesin stuff does the trick. Better out than in. Sudafed is like poison to me, sends me directly to the doctor with a sinus infection every time.

Fortunately I don't have any problem with sudafed, except that it truly does cause the "rebound" effect, if somewhat less profoundly than decongestant sprays. Today though, i've been taking the guaifenesin every 4 hrs, so I can keep coughing, to get rid of it, and also benadryl, to get my STUPID FUCKING nose to KNOCK IT OFF ALREADY! with the damn CONSTANT running, dripping, sneezing, and "bubbling" (that very irritating sound/sensation when you breathe in and you can hear the liquid stuff in your sinuses) -- it's been damn NON-STOP all day, and it's driving me BATSHIT! I was very tired AND sleepy last night, really wanted to sleep to heal and be unconscious of much of this discomfort and aggravation, but the damn nose would NOT leave me alone for even 30 seconds -- every time I'd turn over to try and get one side unstuffed, the other side would stuff up in 30 seconds flat! Plus, GODDAMN LEG CRAMPS!!!!!!!

I'm about ready to just take this damn useless body out so I can reincarnate into a whole new one, because this one is DRIVING ME INSANE! Unfortunately, that belief is also why I can never do that, lest I reincarnate into a body loaded down with all the same damn bullshit karma this one has had to deal with! If I never again have a life as infuriating as this one has been, that will suit me JUST FINE.

Andria

Last edited:

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years

I make a cream of broccoli soup that is TO DIE FOR. I *finally* succeeded in getting my husband converted to my own lifelong love of broccoli, and now he goes NUTS for that soup I make. I serve it with whole wheat garlic bread.

Andria

SnapDragon NY

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
I'm a recovering alcoholic. You're not really trying to get me to ditch 26 yrs of sobriety, are you?

Andria

Congrats on 26 years of sobriety!
I don't drink any alcohol- ever. Except when I am sick I will take Nyquil.
Just alcohol smells and tastes horrible to me.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Congrats on 26 years of sobriety!
I don't drink any alcohol- ever. Except when I am sick I will take Nyquil.
Just alcohol smells and tastes horrible to me.

Likewise! When rescue inhalers went to the non-CFC formulation, they use a propellant now that's called "hydrofluoroalkane" -- guess what it tastes like? Yep, unflavored ethanol -- it's a lot like huffing Listerine! So I had to start using the name-brand Ventolin, because they do something to theirs that gets rid of that alcohol taste. Of course, they also cost $80 each, so it's a good thing I'm on GSK's Patient Assistance Program, for both the Ventolin and the Advair. They can afford it! ;)

Andria

ETA: I tried Nyquil once, on my ex's advice, back before I got sober -- all it did was give me those delicious little tingles all over my body, like the way you feel after the first half of a beer, which just made me want MOREMOREMOREMOREMORE!!! :giggle: And I hated the taste anyway, that anise/licorice taste -- YUCK! Formula 44 tastes like that, too; cant abide it. Since i *was* still a drinker at that time, I told the ex that in future I'd just take all the various meds in Nyquil as pills, and drink a bottle of wine. Yes, a whole bottle; it would have taken a whole bottle of wine to do for me what Nyquil does for a non-drinker. Easy to see why my liver started sending up an SOS when I was only 31! :teehee:

Last edited:

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I'm a recovering alcoholic. You're not really trying to get me to ditch 26 yrs of sobriety, are you?

Andria

Nope. IDK why you'd think that?
I was mostly replying to Steve on that one, but a hot toddy can be a useful thing nonetheless.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Nope. IDK why you'd think that?
I was mostly replying to Steve on that one, but a hot toddy can be a useful thing nonetheless.

OIC. I had no idea he was even around; I keep him on ignore. Everytime I take him off it, he immediately does some new thing to piss me off, so I just leave it that way now, and don't have to be bothered. It just looked like you were recommending the beneficial effect of alcohol to someone who just mentioned being sick with a cold, but the only way I can look at alcohol anymore is "POISON!"

Andria

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Pisser how she always has to derail threads with her freaking life story all the time.

Countrypami

The Link Ninja
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Vendor Employee
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
I kinda like this in the churple ... anyone else seen this from Aspire?
Reax Mini kit
It comes supplied with the latest Tigon tank for convenience and ease of use, with just a few clicks of a button to change the six pre-set wattage options. It has an in-built battery for easy maintenance and charging.

Main features:
Super easy top fill
Child resistant
3.5ml capacity
Bottom adjustable airflow
E-liquid sealing mechanism
Great vapor and flavor production
Super efficient wicking
Suitable for both MTL hits and restricted lung hits

Click here to know more: https://www.aspirecig.com/aspire-kits/aspire-kits561.html

57090103_1212672445554491_58988511067373568_o.jpg

57052379_1212673265554409_678299336039202816_o.jpg

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I kinda like this in the churple ... anyone else seen this from Aspire?
Reax Mini kit
It comes supplied with the latest Tigon tank for convenience and ease of use, with just a few clicks of a button to change the six pre-set wattage options. It has an in-built battery for easy maintenance and charging.

Main features:
Super easy top fill
Child resistant
3.5ml capacity
Bottom adjustable airflow
E-liquid sealing mechanism
Great vapor and flavor production
Super efficient wicking
Suitable for both MTL hits and restricted lung hits

Click here to know more: https://www.aspirecig.com/aspire-kits/aspire-kits561.html

57090103_1212672445554491_58988511067373568_o.jpg

57052379_1212673265554409_678299336039202816_o.jpg

That's pretty, I like the purple too -- why did you call it "churple"? How's that tank for REAL MtL? (you know, TIGHT draw) I see it has a smallish driptip; is it a standard 510, so other driptips could be used? I don't like DTs that short.

Andria

Countrypami

The Link Ninja
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Vendor Employee
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
That's pretty, I like the purple too -- why did you call it "churple"? How's that tank for REAL MtL? (you know, TIGHT draw) I see it has a smallish driptip; is it a standard 510, so other driptips could be used? I don't like DTs that short.

Andria
China+purple = churple

I don't have this yet, so can't say how the tank is. Yes, the driptip is removable.

SnapDragon NY

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
China+purple = churple

I don't have this yet, so can't say how the tank is. Yes, the driptip is removable.

The purple color is very pretty- I like how it looks with the rainbow tank.
This kit looks so tiny- 1600 mAh would get me a few hours of use- I am just leery of glass tanks for on the go vaping, I have broken many a glass tank back in the day.
I use my Nebox or Orion when I am doing errands, no worries of breaking tanks.
How about that China red color like for the eLeaf Pico- it is usually bright pink- LOL!

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
You and me both- some eliquid caps are impossible to open. I watched a video on how to open these caps- LOL!
My hubby will open them for me too.
Child and old lady proof- LOL!

"Old lady proof," I like that! I run into things all the time that are old lady proof.

Had to take a knife to a bottle of flavoring I opened yesterday.

Countrypami

The Link Ninja
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Vendor Employee
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
The purple color is very pretty- I like how it looks with the rainbow tank.
This kit looks so tiny- 1600 mAh would get me a few hours of use- I am just leery of glass tanks for on the go vaping, I have broken many a glass tank back in the day.
I use my Nebox or Orion when I am doing errands, no worries of breaking tanks.
How about that China red color like for the eLeaf Pico- it is usually bright pink- LOL!
VapeBands are your friend ;)

China Red = Fuchsia

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
cute, but i hate wrestling with child proof stuff.
Ok, but all they mean by that is that the tank has the standard juice fill latch and the mod can be turned on and off. All these companies do this.

In other words it's no different than any other kit in that regard, but like all the rest, they call it "child resistant" because it sounds good publicity wise. I actually have no problem with that :)

It's not like it's any tougher to use than most other setups.

Last edited:

VU Sponsors