Become a Patron!

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
The blatant sexism

Well then I totally agree. As if women don't vape at all... or a man makes his wife carry his mod in her purse? Get serious. My husband knows damn good and well that my purse is a local black-hole; if something goes into it, you may or may not ever see it again. ;) And I have a hard enough time carrying my own mods, I'm damn sure not gonna be responsible for someone else's!

Andria

Countrypami

The Link Ninja
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Vendor Employee
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon

SnapDragon NY

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT

susieqz

Silver Contributor
Member For 1 Year
well, i had defrosted some brats n needed to put some hickory smoke on them, but it was super windy. i couldn't get the smoker going.
finally i made my big mistake. i had these charcoal lighter things
that light easy.
i cut one in half set it atop the pellets n lit it.
when i came back, ten minutes later smoke was billowing out instead of the thin blue smoke you want.
i opened the door to look n WHOOSH. everything was on fire. floor, door walls burning super hot.
well, i didn't need those eyebrows anyway.
time for panic, because the smoker is 5' from the house but only 2' from my wooden arbor n fence.
i had to think hard. see, i grew up with a standard woodsgal panic, where i just start running in a straight line til i hit something, then get up n run in a new direction til the panic was over. this worked fine for me because usually i was in a panic due to being lost in the woods. in the woods you don't have to run far before ramming a tree. i could often bounce off 5 trees without going more than 15 yards.
very efficient.
but, the first time i panicked out on the plains was when a snake said hello by rattling his tail.
i did my panic, but after running for hours i realised there was nothing to hit on the plains, so i just laid down to die.
i must have run 50 yards.

this time, i fell back on the modified stationary panic, where i run in place, arms waving while screaming.
5 minutes of this n i was calm enow to take care of things.

Heartsdelight

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
well, i had defrosted some brats n needed to put some hickory smoke on them, but it was super windy. i couldn't get the smoker going.
that light easy.
when i came back, ten minutes later smoke was billowing out instead of the thin blue smoke you want.
i opened the door to look n WHOOSH. everything was on fire. floor, door walls burning super hot.
time for panic, because the smoker is 5' from the house but only 2' from my wooden arbor n fence.
i had to think hard. see, i grew up with a standard woodsgal panic, where i just start running in a straight line til i hit something, then get up n run in a new direction til the panic was over. this worked fine for me because usually i was in a panic due to being lost in the woods. in the woods you don't have to run far before ramming a tree. i could often bounce off 5 trees without going more than 15 yards.
very efficient.
but, the first time i panicked out on the plains was when a snake said hello by rattling his tail.
i did my panic, but after running for hours i realised there was nothing to hit on the plains, so i just laid down to die.

this time, i fell back on the modified stationary panic, where i run in place, arms waving while screaming.

Countrypami

The Link Ninja
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Vendor Employee
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
that light easy.
very efficient.

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
that light easy.
very efficient.

Man, you got lucky you caught that in time!

susieqz

Silver Contributor
Member For 1 Year
oh, i blocked off the air n got the hose n soaked everything around.
then, i opened it up n used the hose.
i actually turned the smoke to steam [vapor].
you get used to this stuff when you are far from police n fire, when you live where girls alone can't live.
guys, i was just trying for some humor, but i guess i failed.

you have to do stuff for yourself on the plains.
police n fire could get here in time to write a report, but that's all they could do.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
oh, i blocked off the air n got the hose n soaked everything around.
then, i opened it up n used the hose.
i actually turned the smoke to steam [vapor].
you get used to this stuff when you are far from police n fire, when you live where girls alone can't live.
guys, i was just trying for some humor, but i guess i failed.

you have to do stuff for yourself on the plains.
police n fire could get here in time to write a report, but that's all they could do.

Nah, now that we know you're ok, I fully get the mental video out of your story. Had to LOL two different times. :giggle:

Thanks for the visual!

susieqz

Silver Contributor
Member For 1 Year
please forgive me for derailing this fun thread.
i promise, no more stories.

back on topic.
i ordered a seigeli sobra.it seems to be well made, but the big deal is has no right angles.
i wasn't attracted to the finish, but to its flowing lines.
i'm posting because it's very comfy to hold.
are there others like this?
i won't buy a standard box ever again.
that's how big the difference is.

the tank that comes with it is super ugly, with a nasty yellow drip tip that is part o the tank, but i'll fix that as soon as i find a tank with the right shade of blue.

SnapDragon NY

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT

back on topic.
i ordered a seigeli sobra.it seems to be well made, but the big deal is has no right angles.

the tank that comes with it is super ugly, with a nasty yellow drip tip that is part o the tank, but i'll fix that as soon as i find a tank with the right shade of blue.

Which color did you get?
Here is an internet photo
1-1Q113152K2a9.jpg

Attachments

• upload_2019-1-23_14-48-56.jpeg
    upload_2019-1-23_14-48-56.jpeg
    16.4 KB · Views: 6

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon

back on topic.

You might enjoy the Voopoo Vmate. I just got one within the last week or two. Very nice in the hand, rounded sides and not too big. 2 18650 batteries, easy to replace under a panel on each side of the mod. I thought the panels were resin when I ordered the mod, and was disappointed to find that they seem to be some kind of vinyl-covered plastic, until I took the mod outside yesterday. Those panels have a cobalt blue sheen to them that is striking. Changed my whole opinion of the thing.

I didn't get a kit - right now have a Fireluke tank on it, but am about to swap that out for a Zeus single-coil RTA.

Came from eliquid.com for about $38, I believe. Five or six different panel designs available when I bought mine.

Don't know if you're into squonking, but a bunch of us here at VU just got Desire Cut squonkers. Haven't heard anyone say they don't love the Cut. They are an odd shape, but surprisingly nice in the hands. Use one 18650 or one 2x700 battery and a bottom-feed RDA. I have a Tigertek Morphe on mine.

That nasty yellow drip tip on the Sobra is ultem, and it's everywhere in vaping these days. I really despised ultem at first, but it's growing on me now. It's used a lot I guess because it is some kind of plastic or acrylic that is particularly heat-resistant.

susieqz

Silver Contributor
Member For 1 Year
thanks, nad. i'll go look.
i ended up getting the dark blue.
i wanted rainbow because it seems to hide the snake skin pattern, but i found this blue for $20
cheaper, so i decided i could live with it.
um, i don't think i'll ever get used to ultem.
the worst part of this tank is it can't be removed.
the tank works, but i ordered those custom drip tips, one of which would match this mod, so i'll need a tank that will accept one.
i got 4 new tanks in the mail, but didn't think to get a blue one.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
snap, thanks for showing me all those colors.
i might get another.
the problem is, i've found no place that tells me how long various mods last.

It would be nice if there was such a place. Best we've got, read reviews and listen to what people say on here, if you can find anything in the reviews section.

I got very pissed at Sigelei when I bought an Evaya and it died after four months. Truthfully, it happens. That was my sixth Sigelei mod, had not one minute's problem with any of the rest of them. Still haven't had trouble with the rest of them. Just so happened that Evaya was the one I fell head over heels for, so I was just undone when it crapped out on me. These ladies in this thread have heard all about that Evaya about a dozen times now. I'm sure they are sick of it. :)

Personally, I wish they'd make all tanks so that you can use standard 510 orr 810 drip tips on them. I like picking out my own drip tips.

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
That nasty yellow drip tip on the Sobra is ultem, and it's everywhere in vaping these days. I really despised ultem at first, but it's growing on me now. It's used a lot I guess because it is some kind of plastic or acrylic that is particularly heat-resistant.

Ultem is super heat resistant, which is why you see it so much lately in caps and DTs despite it's not always lovely appearance

There is ultem in black, harder to find and more expensive usually

Supposedly NASA uses ultem for stuff that goes into space and what have you for it's ultralight weight and extreme heat resistance

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Ultem is super heat resistant, which is why you see it so much lately in caps and DTs despite it's not always lovely appearance

There is ultem in black, harder to find and more expensive usually

Supposedly NASA uses ultem for stuff that goes into space and what have you for it's ultralight weight and extreme heat resistance

They probably make it that color so people can tell easily what it is.

Thanks Lucy! Good info to know!

susieqz

Silver Contributor
Member For 1 Year
nada, how old are your other sigelis?
mods aren't that expensive, but if one lasts only 4 months, they are.
i'd pay extra for black ultem.
drip tips need to be made of super heat resistant stuff?
mine don't seem to get that hot.
that vmate looks good, but i'm already stuck with a voopoo that won't charge.

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years

Most of the black ultem you is from custom makers, though I think Lost Vape is putting black ultem on the new DNA250 Squonker

For folks that vape ungodly low ohms, super heat resistant is a must

I like ultem for my very small-chambered single coil atties, that get really hot fast, even with my fairly high ohms (by today's standards)

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
lucy, how do i tell if a coil is small chambered before i buy it?
i prefer to avoid heat.

The chamber is the area in the atomizer where the coil resides, between the deck and top cap, not the coil itself

I'll take a photo in a few, I'm just taking a break and am in the middle of something I can't put off :)

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
nada, how old are your other sigelis?
mods aren't that expensive, but if one lasts only 4 months, they are.
mine don't seem to get that hot.
that vmate looks good, but i'm already stuck with a voopoo that won't charge.

I have two Sig Spark mods that are three or four years old now. I've had three Mini Books, two of which my sister tore up by dropping them repeatedly, and the one I kept is several years old but has been in use for about a year. Also have a Sig 75TC that is the same age as the Sparks.

When I first started buying regulated mods, I bought a Spark, and liked it so much I just bought nothing but Sigelei for a couple of years.

The Voopoo that won't charge - have you tried charging the batteries in an external charger? If the USB port is messed up, there may not necessarily be anything wrong with the mod to keep it from operating if you can get the batts charged some other way.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
This is a tiny atomizer (RDA) that gets really hot on the top. From one of the challenge threads, choderfett posted this yesterday in response to a challenge I put together. I knew I could get hold of it quick, so maybe save @JuicyLucy some time.

I built this with one coil at 0.56 ohms. There is NO WAY I'd put two coils in this little demon.

It's only 22mm across, so you can see how close the hot coils would be to the drip tip (and to your lips) when you put this all back together with a coil in it.

Note: the piece in the center of this pic is upside down. The drip tip piece snaps into the end with the slots in it, forms adjustable airflow slots.

4d938d99-b9d6-4ca9-95bd-ee4616c8305d-jpeg.129752

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
lucy, how do i tell if a coil is small chambered before i buy it?
i prefer to avoid heat.
This is a tiny atomizer (RDA) that gets really hot on the top. From one of the challenge threads, choderfett posted this yesterday in response to a challenge I put together. I knew I could get hold of it quick, so maybe save @JuicyLucy some time.

I built this with one coil at 0.56 ohms. There is NO WAY I'd put two coils in this little demon.

It's only 22mm across, so you can see how close the hot coils would be to the drip tip (and to your lips) when you put this all back together with a coil in it.

Note: the piece in the center of this pic is upside down. The drip tip piece snaps into the end with the slots in it, forms adjustable airflow slots.

4d938d99-b9d6-4ca9-95bd-ee4616c8305d-jpeg.129752

I really wouldn't consider 22mm small chambered, though I would say it is smaller than the standard 24 most people think of.

These are the one on the left is the Odis 16, 16mm, the one in the center is the Tiny Demon Killer, only 14mm. For comparison, we have the Goon LP on the right, 24mm

Those little guys get blistering hot fast, but produce superior flavor. But ultem makes them highly vapable :)
Small chamber atties.jpg

susieqz

Silver Contributor
Member For 1 Year
when i've tased hot, i've tasted spitting.
i guess i just like cooler vapor.
the voopoo that won't charge has integral batteries.
i wanted the battery one but i messed up n ordered this.
those segelis have great life times.
are there others that last that long?
if not, i'll get another segeli.
having one bad one is outweighed by the average age.
i'm not interested in throw away stuff.
coils are bad enow.
i'll be pused into building my own someday.

susieqz

Silver Contributor
Member For 1 Year
i see the saving money thing, but the extra work would make tobacco more appealing.
that's an exageration. 2 minutes after i tried vaping i knew i prefered i to cigs.
it takes zero will power for me to vape.

susieqz

Silver Contributor
Member For 1 Year
i wonder if i need more flavor.
do you guys actually taste flavors like caramel?
i enjoy expensive juice but i've never tasted what people talk about.
i'm vaping double strength blueberry right now.
it's nice but i taste no blueberry.

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years

I don't vape fruits much, but lots of caramels, all DIY though

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon

Can you give specifics of the atomizer you're using and the coil and wattage? How do you have airflow set? Also vg and PG content of juice if you know it.

susieqz

Silver Contributor
Member For 1 Year
do you actually taste caramel, lucy?
my juice is 50/50.
one tank is .6 at 14 watts. the other is .2 at 29 watts.
one is blueberry, the other caramel macchiato.

before that i tried 70/30 fruit mixtures in a .12 coil at 40-60 watts.
i find the better juice quite pleasant but taste none of the supposed tastes.
i have had tobacco cartomisers that tasted like tobacco tho.

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
my juice is 50/50.

Very distinctly.
Caramel is my favorite flavor and three of the four ADV juices I am currently using the most have it as a very important component

It even shines through in Churros Dulce (an HIC recipe) which is heavy on cinnamon

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
i see the saving money thing, but the extra work would make tobacco more appealing.
that's an exageration. 2 minutes after i tried vaping i knew i prefered i to cigs.
it takes zero will power for me to vape.

At first, coil building seems like the biggest fumbly pain in the ass. But after you do it for a while, it becomes as fast and easy as filling your tank.. and you can ALWAYS get the vape YOU want, instead of whatever the manufacturer decided you should have.

Andria

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
my juice is 50/50.

Have you stopped smoking very recently? I really didn't taste much at all from vaping till I'd been smoke-free for about 6 months, and even after I could actually taste it, I've needed substantially more flavoring than pretty much everyone... though it has improved; I got my strawberry & cream from its starting point of 31% flavoring, to its current 23%.

Some people's tastebuds seem to be more strongly muted than other peoples', and take longer to come back to something like normal. I think mine were about the next thing to "dead as a doornail."

Andria

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
my juice is 50/50.

I believe if you gradually increase the wattage, you will be better able to taste your juice.

For example, the .6 coil...try bumping it up just a couple watts at a time until you get to about 25. Give yourself time to acclimate between bumps. Open the airflow some if you need to. Extra air will cool the vapor some.

I have a 0.59 coil in the rta I'm using now. I'm running it at 32.5 watts. It is very flavorful. Warm but not hot. I reduced the wattage to 14 just now, as a test, and a great deal of the flavor disappeared.

susieqz

Silver Contributor
Member For 1 Year
i stopped smoking 6 weeks ago. perhaps that is the problem.
i'll try higher watts, but so far, the higher the wattage, the less i enjoy it.
thanks for the help. guys.

i my tastes might change, i'll wait to diy juice.
i was thinking that, since i can't taste flavors,
any juice i made would be perfect.
i/m vaping a box mod next to the sigeli.
the comfort difference is amazing.
right angles are the enemy of my hands.

Last edited:

SnapDragon NY

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
i stopped smoking 6 weeks ago. perhaps that is the problem.
i'll try higher watts, but so far, the higher the wattage, the less i enjoy it.
thanks for the help. guys.

i my tastes might change, i'll wait to diy juice.
i was thinking that, since i can't taste flavors,
any juice i made would be perfect.
i/m vaping a box mod next to the sigeli.
the comfort difference is amazing.
right angles are the enemy of my hands.

You are doing great, congrats on 6 weeks- flavors take a while to taste- I know it was many months for me to be able to start to taste eliquids. I went to a Vape shop and tasted many flavors and bought Peppermint, menthol and cinnamon fireball- I could taste those. I had smoked for over 30 years.
Glad you are liking your Sigelei and it is comfortable for you. Just stay strong- you can do this!
:hug:

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I believe if you gradually increase the wattage, you will be better able to taste your juice.

For example, the .6 coil...try bumping it up just a couple watts at a time until you get to about 25. Give yourself time to acclimate between bumps. Open the airflow some if you need to. Extra air will cool the vapor some.

I have a 0.59 coil in the rta I'm using now. I'm running it at 32.5 watts. It is very flavorful. Warm but not hot. I reduced the wattage to 14 just now, as a test, and a great deal of the flavor disappeared.

Excellent advice -- I'm almost certain that one of the factors complicating my taste-bud issues is that I can't use much heat (wattage), thx to my stupid asthma -- but higher flavoring bothers my asthma much less than higher wattage, so I stick with my "old fashioned" style of vaping. ;) And when I first started vaping, and really wanted INTENSE throat hit, I had the same problem -- higher wattage AND higher nic content gives better TH, but I couldn't really do either one -- so I had to add Flash to my juice for about 3 yrs.

The thing is, vaping can be customized to a nicety, to give one exactly the desired vape -- flavor, vapor, TH, all of it... even WTA if the cravings won't stop... but it takes a little time and trial-and-error and finesseing everything, to hit that "Goldilocks" vape.

Just hang in there, @susieqz ... it gets better, the longer you do it. :)

Andria

SnapDragon NY

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
This is the Vmate I got:

9665446-11.jpg

Glad you are liking your VMate-
I gave mine away- couldn't get used to that fire button. I liked the size and weight of it, just that fire button was just annoying to me, besides how many times I mixed up the fire button with the settings buttons. I won mine, and got just a plain black one- yours is a very pretty color!

susieqz

Silver Contributor
Member For 1 Year
the vmate does look good, but nada is getting 3-4 years from sigeli.
she convinced me to stay with them despite her one bad experience,thanks for letting me know it takes time to taste flavorings.
people keep drooling about this flavor n that.
i kinda felt left out.

VU Sponsors