Become a Patron!

What is the best RDA clone you've ever tried?

Zdots

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I've been buying authentic mostly, but some of these days, I've been interested in clone RDA and just ordered mad dog RDA clone, can't wait to get my hands on it.

What about your experience with clone RDA?

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I've been buying authentic mostly, but some of these days, I've been interested in clone RDA and just ordered mad dog RDA clone, can't wait to get my hands on it.

Clones that I have and also have the Authentic that are "almost" spot on

X1
VGod
Mad Dog

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Zdots

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Clones that I have and also have the Authentic that are "almost" spot on

X1
VGod
Mad Dog

is the performance for those 3 clone is significantly on par with the authentic one?

I'm planning to buy the authentic too if I get a good impression with the clone, especially this Mad Dog.

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
As I mentioned they're almost spot on

TrackDay

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Probably the HellBoy V2 that's available from 3fvape. Although I've had bad experience with clones. I bought a 23mm Buddha clone and the damn center post was bent. Lucky enough the seller refunded my money in full including the postage.

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Apocalypse rda
02f07490c98ccacf6728c021ae1958b9.jpg

I

TrackDay

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
For less than $10 you can't go wrong bro, it's not a 1:1 but it's good as long as you build it right

I

Would you consider it close to a 1:1?

rocketveg

Member For 4 Years
I've tried the Hadaly, O atty, Tokugawa, Kennedy, Goon, Evo V3, Petri v2

For flavor - Tokugawa; for overall vape experience and ease of building - Goon. The one I'd buy an original of based on the clone is the Goon. Although between that and an authentic Pharaoh, I'd get the Pharaoh.

Zdots

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year

For flavor - Tokugawa; for overall vape experience and ease of building - Goon. The one I'd buy an original of based on the clone is the Goon. Although between that and an authentic Pharaoh, I'd get the Pharaoh.

thats quite a lot of clone you tried there.

Don Coco

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Goon LP 24g anarchist wire 9wraps 3mm diameter and 70w power mode.. heaven on earth!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Goon clone great velocity close

Sent from my 5054N using Tapatalk

sychosis

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Favor on the tokugawa that good ? I might pick one up as I have seen authentic for around 40 and I really like the deck on it .hopefully it is not a pain to build

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Zdots

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Can't afford that many legit rdas so i've been looking for the one that i'm really willing to spend for.

Sent from my SM-N9208 using Tapatalk

I've been looking for it too, Aeolus Lite will be my choice for Authentic RDA, since it is affordable ($35 - $40) and most people and reviewer said that it is flavor machine.

Zdots

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Goon clone great velocity close

Sent from my 5054N using Tapatalk

Had an experience with Goon Clone 22mm, not good both in flavor and vapor and heating up like a steam engine when I throw Macro Build in it.

Maybe I get my hands on a bad quality clone.

Zdots

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Goon LP 24g anarchist wire 9wraps 3mm diameter and 70w power mode.. heaven on earth!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Whatcis the metal that is used for the clone deck? I got mine in stainless steel deck, whatever build I throw in it, the flavor and vapor doesn't do any good.

ben73

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Clones are a good starting point to get the feel if you like then get the authentic , Concidering some can be pretty pricey , especially since you had not tried it its a gamble , so we do what we can search out Reviewers an what not , also some Clones are very good other are not ,
Im awaiting the Kryten rda from 3f vape and the Shenray SRv4 RTA theres also a kit MTL just out for the SR v4 too ,

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

Dustyjeans

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I was disappointed with the goon clone due to lousy insulators. However if you dont get it too hot it may last a little while. The Doode clone is pretty impressive if you like lots of airfolw. Collets work great but their plating isnt quite as nice as the original. Havent had any issues with the insulator on this one even tho ive run it really hot.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Dustyjeans

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Clones are a good starting point to get the feel if you like then get the authentic , Concidering some can be pretty pricey , especially since you had not tried it its a gamble , so we do what we can search out Reviewers an what not , also some Clones are very good other are not ,
Im awaiting the Kryten rda from 3f vape and the Shenray SRv4 RTA theres also a kit MTL just out for the SR v4 too ,

I do the same. Try the clones to see if you like the style. Then buy the original if you like it. As cheap as they are why not? When im done sampling the clones i broom them off on my step son and hes happy to take em!

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

rocketveg

Member For 4 Years
Favor on the tokugawa that good ? I might pick one up as I have seen authentic for around 40 and I really like the deck on it .hopefully it is not a pain to build

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Flavor is surprisingly good. I say "surprisingly" because it doesn't appear on most top 5 lists I've viewed on youtube. But building on it is inconvenient. I've only used it in single coil mode so I can live with it. Two coils will be a pita and I'm sure there isn't enough space for 2 chunky coils. Airflow options are nice -- you can opt for both bottom and side airflow. (My benchmark for flavor is the Pharaoh. And I know that there are a lot of complaints regarding leaking but that hasn't been my experience. I've found that, since taste and flavor are so subjective, it helps me gauge reviewers' preferences when they like what I like. For example, I saw a review raving about the Azeroth and it was just too much air flow for me.)

ben73

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Im liking the Taifun gtv3 an mini clones , take one out with me all day it dont leak gives good Flavours , then switch to a larger tank mod at home , but id like the genuine ones to be a little cheaper than they are dont want to be taking one out an breaking them being over 100£ , can last all day on VT 75 dna mod 26650 at 14-20w , only needed filling a few times , then when home back on to 30mm Supreme plus ,

TrackDay

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Best RDA clone I've used is the HellBoy V2 from 3fvape. Solid construction and vapes almost as good as the authentic. Another plus is that the o-rings weren't so damn tight like the authentic, you could barely get the top cap off.

markcfh

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I got a recoil clone on 3f, the only major difference from the authentic is the post screws. They work fine.

Wylde_77

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Seminole g24 RDA from fasttech.com for 10$ amazing flavor and clouds with the right build! nice machining good thick barrels great screws comes with the huge wide bore tip and the 510 adapter and black and gold rings. By far the best clone I have bought! Flavor is amazing clouds are dense and post holes are like 3.5mm*4mm. HUGE post holes! Very deep juice well! Oh and second goes to lost art goon RDA you would never know these were clones!IMG_20170402_224934.jpg IMG_20170402_215534.jpg IMG_20170402_224934.jpg IMG_20170402_215534.jpg IMG_20170402_230722.jpg IMG_20170402_230821.jpg

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years

Only own one clone, the Chi-NarDa....works as well as the 100 buck NarDa.

rocketveg

Member For 4 Years
I tried two more clones so I'm revising my recommendations. Forget my Pharaoh benchmark :p

I recently tried 2 clones of Phil-made/designed RDAs: the Illustrious d24 and fuel v2. I bought these clones because the authentic RDAs here cost $60-65, and I vowed to myself I'd only buy one. It's now a dilemma for me. Both the Illustrious d24 and fuel v2 rdas blow everything else out of the water.

I've placed an order for the authentic D24, which is about all I can afford right now. But if I could, I'd buy both.

Both RDAs produce amazing flavor -- full, thick, warm vapor. The D24 has single and dual coil, and bottom and side flow options. The build deck with clamps isn't my kind of thing, but it isn't as much of a pain to build on as the Tokugawa or the Hadaly. Sorry to Hadaly lovers but my coils keep slipping out of the clamps and I detest building on it. The fuel V2 has the better drip tip -- there's no way you can burn your lips on this thing: it's fat, tall and generous without looking obtrusive. The fuel v2's velocity style build deck has huge post holes (huge!) and the juice well is deeper than the D24s. You can't go wrong w/ either of these two.

And as I said, if I could, I'd buy both. I plan on setting aside some funds to get the authentic fuel v2 at some point. Both of these RDAs beat the Pharaoh (legit) and Goon, Tokugawa and Kennedy clones hands down. I was considering buying the legit Goon here (around $90) but after trying these two, forget that.

Vucci

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Easy answer. The Sxk 2 post Kennedy on fasttech. The construction is super think solid stainless steel. It's literally the best 1:1 ever. I own the original which cost $120. I can't tell difference at all.

The recoil rda is a close second. It has slanted airflow holes like the original and a thick layer of stainless steel like the original that's why even though it's 24mm. The deck is only 18mm. There's 3mm wall of stainless steel on the top cap. I can't believe China actually replicated that.

Both of these RDA are so well made it's almost a sin not to pick them up for that cost.

laserloui

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Velocity RDA (Clone)
Still one of my favorites. Got a really good clone.. but dont remember what cloner it was. Gonna get the v2 now, just because the v1 clone served me so well.

VU Sponsors