Become a Patron!

What is the best battery to pair with the Kanger Sub-Tank Mini?

JimmmyD

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Hey, I got a Kanger Sub Tank Mini on the advice of a knowledgable mod and I'm very happy with the tank.

HOWEVA (Stephen A. Smith Voice) I have gone through 3 batteries and I got a shit battery stick from my local store. I have the Efest battery and I have the FU stick. I don't know much about this but it seems like this gear is crap.

WHAT IS THE BEST BATTERY RIG FOR THE KANGER SUB TANK MINI? I have one on the way that I can't recall the name of right now but I'm sure it's good due to who recommended it.

But, I am looking for alternate suggestions for a back-up since it was back-ordered for a while.

So gang, have at it..... What should I purchase please?

THANKS IN ADVANCE!

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Try an istick - the 50 watt one has a 4400 mah battery, so that'll last you a while!

wildcoy73

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Love mine on the I stick50 get 2 to 4 days on it.
You will be very pleased with the istick.

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
What is your budget?

I like it on the ipv mini 2. You can swap batteries up in it which is nice. The ability to put batteries in a box mod makes it last longer as eventually batteries go bad and box mods with built in batteries don't give you the option to replace a battery.

Faceless Vapes

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
What heads do you have in it?
I recommend a box for any tank set up unless its a dedicated RTA.

VapedCrusader

Custard Junkie
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
the kbox was pretty much made for the subtank series... can't go wrong with it and its only around 35$ - and you are getting replaceable battery option and 40 watts. great starter mod - loving mine and its been 2 weeks without an issue

UncleIronLungs

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Future proof yourself for a while with a Sigelei 150w box mod.
Had mine about a month now, using it with the original Subtank and RDA, it's been spot on so far, love it.

Number3124

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
An FU stick? You mean the FUhattan? That's actually a great mod. If you're using the 0.5ohm coil it should work great with the subtank.

UncleIronLungs

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
This is a thread about mods, not batteries that go in mods.
This is correct. This should ideally be in the mod section so the op gets the best advice necessary for his question.
The best answer to the question would be a mod and not a battery.

Mike H.

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
If you have a mechanical mod and want to know what battery is best for it then that depends on the ohms you are using in the subtank...for the .5ohm a 20 amp battery will work just fine...if you use a 1.2 coil or build a 1.2 coil on the rda then i still suggest a 20 amp battery.

SAMSUNG 25R 20 amp
LG HE2 OR HE4 20 amp
Sony VTC4 30 amp
Efest 2500 20 amp (LG HE2 re wrap.)..its not 35 amp continuous.

If you want lower than .5ohm i suggest a sony vtc4 battery for your safety.

If you are asking about what mod, then anything 30w or above will be good for your subtank...most tend to like 20 to 35 watts with the tank....Having a device capable of more wattage than you need seems to be a trend as most feel it puts less stress on the device itself and should you need or want more power its there.

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
This is a thread about mods, not batteries that go in mods.
If you have a mechanical mod and want to know what battery is best for it then that depends on the ohms you are using in the subtank...for the .5ohm a 20 amp battery will work just fine...if you use a 1.2 coil or build a 1.2 coil on the rda then i still suggest a 20 amp battery.

SAMSUNG 25R 20 amp
LG HE2 OR HE4 20 amp
Sony VTC4 30 amp
Efest 2500 20 amp (LG HE2 re wrap.)..its not 35 amp continuous.

If you want lower than .5ohm i suggest a sony vtc4 battery for your safety.

If you are asking about what mod, then anything 30w or above will be good for your subtank...most tend to like 20 to 35 watts with the tank....Having a device capable of more wattage than you need seems to be a trend as most feel it puts less stress on the device itself and should you need or want more power its there.

Really??? LOL Ok:rolleyes::)

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Excuse me?
tumblr_n4wj1inRzp1s1bdg8o1_400_zpsf4b733e3.gif

BoomStick

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
You laugh at me and now you're threatening me? And I'm right about the thread subject too? What are you doing?

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm doing neither, If a picture makes you feel threatened I am sorry.
No, most of the posts on this thread relate to batteries so this is where the thread will stay, sorry to get on your sensitive side, :) carry on;)

VU Sponsors