Become a Patron!

What I don't like about my Velocity (clone).

Bucky205

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Is there anyone else that find themselves shying away from their Velocity(clone) because of the hood fit? I like the Velocity for ease of builds, and vape quality. I just have other RDA's that reload easier, and therefore are more enjoyable to use. I have tried two Velocities, one is a Tobeco, the other has a green V in the Velocity logo. The hoods are snug on both. Reloading the Velocity RDA is more difficult than my Troll. I have tried changing out the O rings on my velocity, and it is still not close to being as easy as my Troll. I know you can drip straight down the tube without removing the hood, but I like being able to see the wick when I juice. In fairness, my Troll is a year older than my Velocity, maybe it is just broken in. Has anyone else experienced this?

iiKryptic-old

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I drip through the chuff cap, so this is less of an issue to me. Once the top cap is on it stays until rewick or rebuild. Now what I really don't like is the clone I picked up has a slightly tilted 510 thread, it screws on just fine, but on some devices it looks a bit....wonky.

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I usually just unscrew the drip tip or drip through the chuff cap also. The only time you need to take off the cap is when you rebuild and its not that tight especially if your rings are lubed up...What clone do you own? The Tobacco Clone is perfectly firm but not tight...

iiKryptic-old

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I usually just unscrew the drip tip or drip through the chuff cap also. The only time you need to take off the cap is when you rebuild and its not that tight especially if your rings are lubed up...What clone do you own? The Tobacco Clone is perfectly firm but not tight...
When are you going to let me get a shot at that Snow Wolf of yours in the trading pit....lol

Bucky205

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
It's not a show stopper, I just always find myself going back to the Troll. The Troll even though slightly less room to build, is easier to vape with, and produces equal quality vape.

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
It's not a show stopper, I just always find myself going back to the Troll. The Troll even though slightly less room to build, is easier to vape with, and produces equal quality vape.
No but its one of the roomiest and easiest to build on, I use it for builds that cant even fit into my 13 Heavens or Twisted Messes RDA....Function over Form....

20151130_112513-jpg.34787
20151119_131330-jpg.34088

20151120_160503-jpg.34146
20151120_160617-jpg.34149

iiKryptic-old

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
The Troll is absolutely good, I can build on anything, so I keep finding myself on the velocity not for deck room but versatility. With both direct and indirect airflow options I can switch my vaping style with a few twists of the top cap and and a little wattage change.

Neunerball

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Is there anyone else that find themselves shying away from their Velocity(clone) because of the hood fit? I like the Velocity for ease of builds, and vape quality. I just have other RDA's that reload easier, and therefore are more enjoyable to use. I have tried two Velocities, one is a Tobeco, the other has a green V in the Velocity logo. The hoods are snug on both. Reloading the Velocity RDA is more difficult than my Troll. I have tried changing out the O rings on my velocity, and it is still not close to being as easy as my Troll. I know you can drip straight down the tube without removing the hood, but I like being able to see the wick when I juice. In fairness, my Troll is a year older than my Velocity, maybe it is just broken in. Has anyone else experienced this?
Just use some e-juice to lube the o-rings.

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
The Troll is absolutely good, I can build on anything, so I keep finding myself on the velocity not for deck room but versatility. With both direct and indirect airflow options I can switch my vaping style with a few twists of the top cap and and a little wattage change.
I tried to find a build with the SW just for you for my last post :p

iiKryptic-old

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
No but its one of the roomiest and easiest to build on, I use it for builds that cant even fit into my 13 Heavens or Twisted Messes RDA....Function over Form....
Dems builds sure are purdy.

iiKryptic-old

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
That quad looks sic, Might have to do that build.
Now that is admittedly where the velocity kicks ass and takes names, quad builds with room to spare. If you build like this on a daily the Velocity is unmatched and has no rival.

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Now that is admittedly where the velocity kicks ass and takes names, quad builds with room to spare. If you build like this on a daily the Velocity is unmatched and has no rival.
Yea thats why I just bought the Crius V3 and Aromamizer and a Cthulhu V2 on the way...hope one has enough room for nice builds and I will be posting a comparison for the builders on the forum about them afterwards...I paid $8 for my Tobecco Velocity and it has been my go to rda for building everyday since....If you want to see more of the builds we have been doing check out our thread "Post Your Builds", the link puts you on page 40 when I started on the thread....

iiKryptic-old

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Yea thats why I just bought the Crius V3 and Aromamizer and a Cthulhu V2 on the way...hope one has enough room for nice builds and I will be posting a comparison for the builders on the forum about them afterwards...I paid $8 for my Tobecco Velocity and it has been my go to rda for building everyday since....If you want to see more of the builds we have been doing check out our thread "Post Your Builds", the link puts you on page 40 when I started on the thread....
http://vapingunderground.com/threads/wtb-snow-wolf-v1-5.170270/

VU Sponsors