Become a Patron!

What Flavor Are You Vaping Right Now?

ccrules

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thanks for the lead, @bikerboogieman, but, attractive as that offer is, I think I'll pass. I bought a bunch of Vaptasia Killer Kustard Strawberry because it tasted so good, much like Super Charged Heaven Archangel I used to love and is no longer available, and the flavoured juice ban was imminent here in Michigan. Wouldn't you know it: The taste didn't last for me. Even after switching to other juices, then trying it again: It just doesn't do it for me. Now I have another 500ml of juice that's "just ok."

Won't make that mistake again.
It will last for 1 or 2 yrs so who knows what you will like. If you like the profile you should have no problem using it up in that time frame

vuJim

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
It will last for 1 or 2 yrs so who knows what you will like. If you like the profile you should have no problem using it up in that time frame
No, what I meant was the flavour just isn't "wowing" me like it first did. I cannot fathom it, but it just ain't happening any more
confused.gif

<ponders...> Perhaps it's the tanks/coils? Lessee... I started out with KK Strawberry in a Falcon with an M2 coil. At some point I swapped-in the M1 to see if there was much difference. Didn't seem to be. Then I acquired a couple Falcon King tanks at fire sale prices, and that's mainly what I've been using. The Falcon has been loaded with Naked Brain Freeze ever since I acquired the Kings. (That's my vape fatigue recovery flavour.)

Ok, so tomorrow I'll do a flavour swap in my Falcon. Put in a fresh M1 coil, juice it up with KK Strawberry and see if it "wows" me again.

ccrules

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
No, what I meant was the flavour just isn't "wowing" me like it first did. I cannot fathom it, but it just ain't happening any more
confused.gif

<ponders...> Perhaps it's the tanks/coils? Lessee... I started out with KK Strawberry in a Falcon with an M2 coil. At some point I swapped-in the M1 to see if there was much difference. Didn't seem to be. Then I acquired a couple Falcon King tanks at fire sale prices, and that's mainly what I've been using. The Falcon has been loaded with Naked Brain Freeze ever since I acquired the Kings. (That's my vape fatigue recovery flavour.)

Ok, so tomorrow I'll do a flavour swap in my Falcon. Put in a fresh M1 coil, juice it up with KK Strawberry and see if it "wows" me again.
You're making a lot of changes at once that all can make a huge difference.I'd try to get the closest devices you used when you liked to see. I find these new mesh coils a bit tricky-some thing I love with them-some I prefer in nautilus mini or atlantis. Also for me I tend to like the mesh's at only 35-45 max.You may just need to play around.

VapeJunkie

Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
How’s the Young Napoleon? I stopped buying juice for about a month since I bought a ton during ban sales.

Got to say I was surprised. Normally anything strawberry tastes good to me the first tank then I can't taste it again until I vape something else and come back to it. It has always been that way, so I normally stay away from strawberry which sucks because I like it so. But I made it through about 60ml of the Young Napoleon before having to switch it up on a Crown 4 atty. What was more surprising is that you got to taste not just the strawberry but the shortcake as well. This is a first being my deal with vapor fatigue with anything strawberry. I really thought for me to love a strawberry it would have to be strong and that would be all I tasted. Not the case. Really liked it.

Last edited:

Howard Hughes

the way of the future....
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Wowza, HH. A year and some in the developing is amazing.
What you might call amazing I would describe as me being a slow learner on that one. It shouldn't have been as hard as I made it to get it done.
I played around with several caramels, colas, custards, sweet creams & ice creams before getting it where it's at. :facepalm:

This morning I'm vaping a V2 Hatter clone (with slight modifications) I found online. This one's a VERY slow steeper due to having 2% Dulce de Leche (the V1 I made as written had 4%!). After 37 days, it feels like it's still changing, but for the better I'd say. I don't know how it compares to the commercial juice by the same name as I've never had it, but I'm liking this one so far. I made it because the ingredient list looked like I might dig it.

vuJim

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
I really thought for me to love a strawberry it would have to be strong and that would be all I tasted. Not the case. Really liked it.
I am slowly coming to the conclusion that, for me, at least, chasing fruit flavours as the dominant taste is probably futile. We're all different, and I guess fruit dulls quickly with my olfactory senses. And, once it does, it seems to stay dulled to that flavour for a good long while. Desert flavours, OTOH, seem to have staying power with me. So now I'm concentrating on finding fruit flavours that accompany or enhance other flavours.

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
You're making a lot of changes at once that all can make a huge difference.I'd try to get the closest devices you used when you liked to see. I find these new mesh coils a bit tricky-some thing I love with them-some I prefer in nautilus mini or atlantis. Also for me I tend to like the mesh's at only 35-45 max.You may just need to play around.

Me too with the lower wattages for mesh coils.

I love the Nautilus Mini for higher mg salts. At 16-20watts, it’s a great plus ohm MTL vape. I use that instead of a pod. Mostly because I don’t have any pods, and I got salts during the ban sales!

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Got to say I was surprised. Normally anything strawberry tastes good to me the first tank then I can't taste it again until I vape something else and come back to it. It has always been that way, so I normally stay away from strawberry which sucks because I like it so. But I made it through about 60ml of the Young Napoleon before having to switch it up on a Crown 4 atty. What was more surprising is that you got to taste not just the strawberry but the shortcake as well. This is a first being my deal with vapor fatigue with anything strawberry. I really thought for me to love a strawberry it would have to be strong and that would be all I tasted. Not the case. Really liked it.

Wow, I remember when Cosmic Fog came out with Strawberry Shortcake. I liked it then, but I was using a plus ohm VV rig. When I started vaping again less than a year ago doing sub ohm, I ran to find all my old brands like Uncle Junk Jon Wayne, Cuttwood and Cosmic Fog. They all tasted muted or just not the same. I was really bummed!

The only one I really liked from the Sauce LA was Candy Cane. It surprised me too. Lol

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
I came to the office today with my two iJoy Mercury AIO units, one with Christmas Lights and one with Salted Caramel Macchiato. Today is an experiment to see if the two units will last me all day, both in battery power and e-liquid. Batteries are 1100mAh and tank capacity is 2ml. So far, it looks like I'll make it home without running out of something to vape.

I am thoroughly enjoying these, and can't wait to get the RBAs from 3FVape. Thinking seriously about ordering a couple more of them while they are ridiculously cheap.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
So far just the peppermint. But since two juice orders came yesterday, I may add some LB White Chocolate Peppermint later today.

Do you know anything that goes with peppermint?

Sure I do. Creams and custards, just about any of them. Cinnamon with creams. Citrus fruits. Butter. Frosting. Black tea. Chocolate. Cheesecakes and Mascarpone cheese. Mixed berries. Just to name a few.

VapeJunkie

Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
I am slowly coming to the conclusion that, for me, at least, chasing fruit flavours as the dominant taste is probably futile. We're all different, and I guess fruit dulls quickly with my olfactory senses. And, once it does, it seems to stay dulled to that flavour for a good long while. Desert flavours, OTOH, seem to have staying power with me. So now I'm concentrating on finding fruit flavours that accompany or enhance other flavours.

Yeah I know what you mean. Deserts are awesome to me. As far as your blueberry issue, my favorites are BB Jam Monster and a BB crumble cake named Unicake by BLVK Unicorn. Other than that the only other BB I do is a BB Muffin by Awesometown but it is heavy on the butter. It tastes like a fresh cooked BB muffin opened and added a nice mound of butter to melt inside. Not sure if that helps.

Edit: name correction... oops

Last edited:

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Sure I do. Creams and custards, just about any of them. Cinnamon with creams. Citrus fruits. Butter. Frosting. Black tea. Chocolate. Cheesecakes and Mascarpone cheese. Mixed berries. Just to name a few.

Ooh, I was wondering about adding some to my Kings Custard. I didn’t because I wasn’t sure about it. Thanks! :hug:

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Yeah I know what you mean. Deserts are awesome to me. As far as your blueberry issue, my favorites are BB Jam Monster and a BB crumble cake named Unicake by BLVK Unicorn. Other than that the only other BB I do is a BB Muffin by Awesomesauce but it is heavy on the butter. It tastes like a fresh cooked BB muffin opened and added a nice mound of butter to melt inside. Not sure if that helps.

You just use a sub ohm tank or what? The Awesometown BB Muffin seemed very muffiny but light on the berry. I didn’t steep it though. I should try it again.

VapeJunkie

Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
You just use a sub ohm tank or what? The Awesometown BB Muffin seemed very muffiny but light on the berry. I didn’t steep it though. I should try it again.

I also have a dripper when I am home (Clapton coils) dead rabbit. But I am a driver when not recovering from surgery. So being I am on the road for 40+ hours, I normally stick to the Aegis legend and a crown 4 atty at 65W. BB isn't the strongest I've had but I thought the mix was perfectly done if you like biting into a hot BB muffin with a gob of butter in it. I will say on one order it did taste very muted. Maybe it was freshly made and I didn't steep it as well, but I have ordered it on 4 different occasions. One of my gotos.

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
I also have a dripper when I am home (Clapton coils) dead rabbit. But I am a driver when not recovering from surgery. So being I am on the road for 40+ hours, I normally stick to the Aegis legend and a crown 4 atty at 65W. BB isn't the strongest I've had but I thought the mix was perfectly done if you like biting into a hot BB muffin with a gob of butter in it. I will say on one order it did taste very muted. Maybe it was freshly made and I didn't steep it as well, but I have ordered it on 4 different occasions. One of my gotos.

I bought it a while back when everyone was having ban sales. I put their juice somewhere in boxes. Ack. We live in an apartment and I don’t have the room I’d like for gear, etc. :cry:

vuJim

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
Yeah I know what you mean. Deserts are awesome to me. As far as your blueberry issue, my favorites are BB Jam Monster and a BB crumble cake named Unicake by BLVK Unicorn. Other than that the only other BB I do is a BB Muffin by Awesomesauce but it is heavy on the butter. It tastes like a fresh cooked BB muffin opened and added a nice mound of butter to melt inside. Not sure if that helps.
Thanks for the suggestions. I'll look for them.

vuJim

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
As far as your blueberry issue, my favorites are BB Jam Monster and a BB crumble cake named Unicake by BLVK Unicorn. Other than that the only other BB I do is a BB Muffin by Awesomesauce but it is heavy on the butter. It tastes like a fresh cooked BB muffin opened and added a nice mound of butter to melt inside.
Thanks for the suggestions. I'll look for them.
@VapeJunkie: I moved this blueberry discussion into this thread I started the other day, if that's ok with you: A Blueberry That's Widely-Felt To Be Great?

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
*quietly screams like a mad little school girl, sits looking befuddled* Oh no, this isn't good. *nodding, hanging his head* Gone and lost the plot.

Oh hang on. *vapes from one, notes, tries another, then a third* Ha! Think I got it now. :D Wait, was the question about the sheep in the lower pen or, ...?

Pixie Pee in two, unflavored in the other. :) Now, just don't ask about the bodies, oops, er the um, er, ... spam that is, yeah, the spam.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Caramel Pecan Waffle from @wildgypsy70
This stuff is amazing!! I hope I can make juice this good eventually.

Sounds like a perfect fall flavor. Yum, I can imagine.

I'm vaping Christmas Lights, it's a fruit & peppermint candy flavor, and an adaptation of HIC's Pink Bubblegum

VapeJunkie

Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
Sounds like a perfect fall flavor. Yum, I can imagine.

I'm vaping Christmas Lights, it's a fruit & peppermint candy flavor, and an adaptation of HIC's Pink Bubblegum

Speaking of fall flavors, I still have a bottle of Pumpkin Spiced Latte from last year. Might drip it to see if it is still good.... I remember it was rather potent back then.

VU Sponsors