Donovan (ECX Flavor Lab)

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
lotusannouncement.jpg

We've received an incredibly large response toward our new premium flavorings. Medicine Flower has been flying off the shelf!

We want to offer you guys more flavors, so please use this thread as an opportunity to let me know what you would like to see us carry!

Cheers
(I hope this is the right forum)

Last edited:

KGuardian

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
They are simply just too expensive even for being "super concentrated". At $9.99 (may as well have just made it an even $10) for 5ml, I'll wait for MANY solid high star reviews before I even think about spending that kind of money.

Donovan (ECX Flavor Lab)

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
They are simply just too expensive even for being "super concentrated". At $9.99 (may as well have just made it an even $10) for 5ml, I'll wait for MANY solid high star reviews before I even think about spending that kind of money.

The price point does seem high for flavoring. You are absolutely correct. I find that it helps to consider it 50mls of flavoring as opposed to 5, when you factor in the 9:1 dilution technique typically used when mixing with these flavors.

Looking forward to hearing what you think after you've tried it! I don't think we've had anything less than 5 star reviews so far. :)

fq06

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Subscribed.
I have mango on the way and if they are super good, I'm fine with the price... maybe even if it were not as concentrated as it is.
If it's really that good I wouldn't mind my cost going from $5/30ml to $6/30ml. Diy is cheap enough theres some wiggle room in my budget

Will post my thought on it after I let some steep a bit.

mjag

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well from the reviews it does seem pretty concentrated, around 1% sounds to be more than enough. I am hesitant to order though as it is pretty pricey and I am afraid I might like it ;). I am always on the hunt for the most delicious Caramel, Strawberry and Watermelon though so maybe I will pop one into my cart in a future order just to dip my toe in the water.

Not sure how many different flavors they offer but an Apple, Coconut, Custard, Cream base seems to me to be popular flavors people look for aside from what you already have listed. I personally like a nice Pineapple, Banana, Butterscotch, Coffee, Waffle, Whipped Cream, Cookie, Chocolate and maybe a mixed fruit flavor.

You guys are doing some good work over there at ECX, easily one of my preferred vendors.

fq06

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Usps finally dropped my package off after making me believe that they have a time machine because on Sunday tracking said that it would be delivered by Friday.

Mixed up a mega melons clone and also a bottle of stand alone mango at 1%. That low flavor percentage along with vg nic put it at 99% vg :eek:
I may need to put a drop or two of saline in for a tank but I'll let it sit for a bit and try it in a dripper 1st.

From a sniff test of the bottle, it is mango perfectly duplicated, let's see if it translates once mixed up.

Last edited:

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The price is fine...there are plenty of cheap ass drek flavorings to buy...some people want a higher quality of ingredints we have plenty of choices for lousy ones.....you have to pay for quality...my only gripe is you don't have enough of MF flavorings....

Last edited:

SailCat

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Sorry to be the dissenter here, but I have a couple of hundred bottles of flavorings of seven different brands (that I can recall without looking). At $10 for 5ml, I will never know how great this stuff is.

From the standpoint of thinking of it as the equivalent of 50 ml for that money, one can only compare it to a similar amount of flavorings with which one is familiar. This is no fault of ECX; I know this stuff is expensive by any name. But comparatively, at ECX, 120 ml of Signature (TFA) is $8.75. Is Lotus that much better? Maybe so. 120 ml of Caps is $ 12.44. FA is only 1.5 cents a ml in 120 ml bottles. That equals a 50 ml portion for $7.48 cents. Undiluted.

Obviously, users are extremely enthusiastic about it. Good for them and good for ECX for making it available. I'm pretty cavalier about buying vape stuff and I apologize to Donovan for posting from a place of ignorance but at these prices, I'll have to remain one of the uninitiated.

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Sorry to be the dissenter here, but I have a couple of hundred bottles of flavorings of seven different brands (that I can recall without looking). At $10 for 5ml, I will never know how great this stuff is.

From the standpoint of thinking of it as the equivalent of 50 ml for that money, one can only compare it to a similar amount of flavorings with which one is familiar. This is no fault of ECX; I know this stuff is expensive by any name. But comparatively, at ECX, 120 ml of Signature (TFA) is $8.75. Is Lotus that much better? Maybe so. 120 ml of Caps is $ 12.44. FA is only 1.5 cents a ml in 120 ml bottles. That equals a 50 ml portion for $7.48 cents. Undiluted.

Obviously, users are extremely enthusiastic about it. Good for them and good for ECX for making it available. I'm pretty cavalier about buying vape stuff and I apologize to Donovan for posting from a place of ignorance but at these prices, I'll have to remain one of the uninitiated.
It has to do with your choices and what you value...people are different, and value different things...personally I don't give a fuck what your mod is and how much it cost all it is is a battery pack..the atty you use and the juice you put in the atty and your skill building a set up are all far more important to the quality of the vape than the mod you use regardless of how many buttons it has.....and yet people drop lots of money on mods to look cool and to try and buy the illusion they have some experince vaping.....
I am not a rich person,but I buy high quality food,organic food....because I love to eat...I like good food...and I think in the end healthy food is going to help me stave off alot of health problems and costs.....on the other hand I drive a beat up old truck...I don't give a damn about your lexus doesn't float my boat....those are my priorities I don't bitch and whine the price of lexus are too high I make my choice and live with it.

SailCat

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
It has to do with your choices and what you value...people are different, and value different things...personally I don't give a fuck what your mod is and how much it cost all it is is a battery pack..the atty you use and the juice you put in the atty and your skill building a set up are all far more important to the quality of the vape than the mod you use regardless of how many buttons it has.....and yet people drop lots of money on mods to look cool and to try and buy the illusion they have some experince vaping.....
I am not a rich person,but I buy high quality food,organic food....because I love to eat...I like good food...and I think in the end healthy food is going to help me stave off alot of health problems and costs.....on the other hand I drive a beat up old truck...I don't give a damn about your lexus doesn't float my boat....those are my priorities I don't bitch and whine the price of lexus are too high I make my choice and live with it.

Geez, pv, you got the wrong impression of me. I drive an eight your old Chrysler and the MF/LF flavoring is not in my budget.

If these flavors got you off cigarettes, it will definitely be worth it!

mjag

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Does anyone know if the Lotus flavorings are Diacetyl free? I know there Organic but Diacetyls can form naturally, they don't necessarily need to be added.

For me personally I just need more information on there products before dropping 10 times more than competing brands.

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Geez, pv, you got the wrong impression of me. I drive an eight your old Chrysler and the MF/LF flavoring is not in my budget.

If these flavors got you off cigarettes, it will definitely be worth it!
No, dude I'm just talking in general terms.....people choose what they hold valubale ...I don't think MF should be though of as not worth the expense,maybe just not valubale to that person,but to me they are a deal.

NGAHaze

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
For me personally I just need more information on there products before dropping 10 times more than competing brands.

Exactly! I'm not against trying them but I probably won't be picking some up just in the hope that the flavor is good like I do with other brands. I'm going to have to be pretty sure a MF flavor warrants the price premium before I buy it. Even with cheaper brands, I hate it when I'm unable to get any use out of a flavor I've purchased.

Last edited:

SailCat

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
No, dude I'm just talking in general terms.....people choose what they hold valubale ...I don't think MF should be though of as not worth the expense,maybe just not valubale to that person,but to me they are a deal.

Are you surprised I was gently defensive regarding rant you quoting me?

'Hope you can kick the cigarettes, pv!

fq06

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
From what I can tell it is a critical extraction so whatever was in it will be in it and if it wasn't to start with, it won't have.

SailCat

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
then it's just me ...nice people creep me out.

The I would definitely have that effect on you.

I'm so sweet, I put people in a white sugar coma.

Those who have tangled with me in prose might think otherwise, however. I wish them the best, too, wherever they are. :D

SailCat

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Hell, pulsevape, you joined the High End Mods forum. I am intimidated by the place. The help I offer is with regard to quitting the cigarettes you're smoking. I can't afford either high end mods or cigarettes and have nothing to give except perhaps a modicum of experience.

My last cigarette was January 10, 2010 and I've vaping exclusively since.

Started DIY in early 2012 only to fail miserably using LorAnns flavorings. Started DIY again in August of 2014 with better results but am still an amateur.

I make no pretense to be anything other than what I am.

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hell, pulsevape, you joined the High End Mods forum. I am intimidated by the place. The help I offer is with regard to quitting the cigarettes you're smoking. I can't afford either high end mods or cigarettes and have nothing to give except perhaps a modicum of experience.

My last cigarette was January 10, 2010 and I've vaping exclusively since.

Started DIY in early 2012 only to fail miserably using LorAnns flavorings. Started DIY again in August of 2014 with better results but am still an amateur.

I make no pretense to be anything other than what I am.
why would you be intimidated by HEM...they are all pretty nice guys....it's not like the fucking Vape Pit those assholes luuuuuvvvv. reaming newbies and non europeans over the coals. HEM are cool and alot of the guys there don't collect high end gear,they might own two or three attys or devices, and then there are the guys there that collect. I was just reding a thread there called "Low end gear"....the thing about HEM is that it is full of more experinced and discriminating vapers.....guys that have already chased the unicorn killed it and ate it....as someone whose vaped gennys almost exclusively for 3 years with forays into other stuff....the tattooed monkeys running around with their McNugget tanks trying to get bigger clouds bra that haunt VU I can't really relate to...hell most of them have never held a genny....so HEM has guys that are experinced vapers have vaped since the Z-atty came out and have tried everything since...I can relate to alot of them.

Last edited:

SailCat

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
While I'm sure there's a point you're trying to make, pulsevape, people who have something to say will use words others will understand.

I'm here to help you quit smoking if you ever decide you want to do so.

There's a topic to which you might want to return. I'm out.

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
While I'm sure there's a point you're trying to make, pulsevape, people who have something to say will use words others will understand.

I'm here to help you quit smoking if you ever decide you want to do so.

There's a topic to which you might want to return. I'm out.
Yeah they tried to help give me Jesus to...but that didn't take either......fucking missionaries never learn. but hey better luck with the next convert.In future use your energies helping more deserving people than me.....after all I never did anything so bad it deserves all this

KGuardian

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I'm still reading this trying to figure out if people appreciate the Lotus Flavors offering...? lol

I would love to sample the strawberry, caramel, and vanilla, but I won't pay $30 + shipping :eek: There aren't enough reviews. @Donovan (ECX Flavor Lab) - Have you offered samples to any vendors or popular DIY'ers for review? I googled and can't find any reviews other than the very few on ECX.

fq06

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I can't say yet. The 10ml mix I did at 1% is way too strong. I added a couple ml of vg to cut it and still too strong.
I am mixing up a 0.3% bottle this weekend and will let that sit for a week then give it a vape.

I agree guardian, it would be a good idea to get some samples out to hic and will to name a couple here (or whoever) to get some feedback because there is little to no info online about this companies flavors.

Neunerball

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
....I don't think we've had anything less than 5 star reviews so far. :)
1-2 reviews for a third of the products isn't much! I guess, it's way to pricey for most of us. I won't buy any of these flavors, unless I see 15-20 five stars on a flavor. I would hate to buy a flavor for that price, and see it collecting dust, 'cause I didn't like it.

fq06

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Mango to go in a mega mellons clone. So far I'm still trying to figure out a % for a single flavor mix lol.
Guessing I'm going to be at 0.2% or less and then add in the papaya & cantaloupe to complete mega mellons.

That shit is no F'n joke strong! :eek:

KGuardian

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Mango to go in a mega mellons clone. So far I'm still trying to figure out a % for a single flavor mix lol.
Guessing I'm going to be at 0.2% or less and then add in the papaya & cantaloupe to complete mega mellons.

That shit is no F'n joke strong! :eek:

I wonder if because it's so concentrated it would be hard to measure or weigh unless you're making larger batches...

fq06

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yep, I would think 30ml at a minimum for a multi flavor mix.
Close enough for horseshoes, hand grenades & diy for now to test single flavor in 10ml batches though.

Neunerball

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
@Donovan (ECX Flavor Lab) Do they have a Hibiscus flavor? I'd pay two bars of Gold Plated Latium. :D

I only know of two brands that have a Hibiscus flavor. However, both of them require such a high percentage, in order to taste like the Hibiscus Tea, I used to drink as a teenager. Therefore, it makes it hard to make a good max VG juice.

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
I have a few of these Lotus flavorings from ecigexpress to review now! It looks like this is the right place.
They came in 5ml glass bottles with Euro-dropper plastic dropper inserts. I measured a couple and found they make about 30-33 drops/ml.

Lotus White Chocolate
This seemed the least-strong of the flavors I got, so I chose it to mix first. I'm mixing max-VG with Vapers Tek nic, ProTank-alike on an iStick. This basically colorless flavoring with viscosity like a typical PG-based flavoring (though I understand no PG is added) - not as runny as an alcohol-based flavoring.

finding standalone percentage:
1% (1 drop per 3ml base) - It was instantly apparent this was too much; harsh fruity and "spicy" notes were strong.
0.5% (1 drop per 6ml base) - Much improved, no spicy harshness, milder fruity notes, sweet vanilla, thick cream, some coconut that's not entirely out of place, and perhaps a little caramel. I diluted this further to see if I could eliminate the fruity notes..
0.25% (1 drop per 12ml base) - My maximum preferred standalone percent. At 0.25% and a bit lower, I taste white chocolate candy - best after a brief steep, just letting it sit at room temperature, closed bottle, for a day. In side-by-side comparison with TFA White Chocolate, both standalone and in a couple simple recipes, I estimate this Lotus flavoring is 10x the strength of TFA's version. It's hard to be very precise with that figure, because the flavors are quite different. As you find your own strength preference, I suggest starting at 0.5% or less and dilute it until you taste very little of the fruity flavor; it may seem a little weak, but let it steep a day before making judgement. This flavor needs a chance to develop.

standalone flavor:
(A good article about real white choc candy: http://www.seriouseats.com/2014/12/what-is-white-chocolate-best-brands.html).
This is a sweet, rich and creamy, vanilla-white-chocolate with lots of dairy flavor and some fruity-coconut accent notes.
TFA White Chocolate is probably the best-known white choc flavor, so I'll do a comparison. First, Lotus is sweeter than TFA - in my opinion, that's a good thing. Where TFA captures the waxy-smooth flavor (some would call it buttery) that reminds me of white pretzel coating made with hydrogenated fats and whey, Lotus has a thick-whipped-creamy flavor more like dense mousse made with cocoa butter and full-fat cream. If you taste butter in TFA's version, you probably won't in Lotus' version. Where TFA has nut-like "low" notes that stick around as you exhale, Lotus has brighter, fruity "high" notes and cream instead. TFA is more forgiving with strength: a couple percent more or less doesn't change it drastically, but Lotus takes real precision. Once you get Lotus low enough to minimize the fruity accent, and with the benefit of a steep, a tasty white chocolate candy flavor emerges. Some of the fruity notes will remain, but they're not necessarily out of place in a recipe.

mixing with it:
A real test of flavor strength - I mixed 0.25% Lotus White Chocolate with 2% FA Coffee Espresso. The Lotus flavor comes through loud and clear, roughly as strong as the coffee flavor, to give you an idea how concentrated it is. That combo tastes like a white chocolate mocha drink - it's no masterpiece, but a good first mix if you like mild coffee flavors. I notice this Lotus flavor sweetens well, and it adds enough thick cream flavor to make that (to me, strong dose of) Espresso taste mild. I do still get some of the fruity accent, even through the espresso, but it's very, very subtle.
IMO Lotus White Chocolate goes especially well with fruit flavors. Whatever fruit you'd like dipped in white chocolate, just mix your fruits a bit lighter than usual, add 0.25% White Chocolate, and try it the next day.

a couple tips:
* Make a little bottle of 10% or even 1% Lotus White Chocolate. Use THAT as your flavoring to easily and precisely mix the small amounts you'll need as a minor flavor in recipes.
* Tiny percentages, well under 0.25%, might be the sweet, thick cream flavor you've been wanting for recipes. You can get the sweet, full-fat dairy without candy flavor. You will get some vanilla and maybe fruitiness along with it, but that'll go well in many recipes.

two disclaimers:
I can't find any test results or manufacturer's claims regarding diacetyl, other diketones, or any other ingredients in Lotus flavorings.
I didn't pay for these Lotus flavorings (thank you @Donovan (ECX Flavor Lab) ).

more to come:
I have more to try. I'll make a 10% dilution to start with, after my experience with this one.

fq06

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Great info hic, appreciate it.
Question about your 0.25% and diluting the flavor.
Is that 0.25% of your 10% diluted mix in the calculator? Or that's 0.25% of the uncut flavoring and get there however you want with a dilution?

Edit: that would have to be 0.25% of the uncut as an end result or it would be near zero flavoring. Never mind lol. Thanx again.

Last edited:

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
that would have to be 0.25% of the uncut as an end result or it would be near zero flavoring. Never mind lol. Thanx again.

Yep, you got it. I always mean percent of the flavoring as it's sold. Given that you might want less than 0.25% (especially in recipes), a dilution just makes measuring easier.

fq06

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Makes sense, that was forming in my brain as I was typing it out lol.
Looking forward to the next flavor reviews to come :)

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
Lotus Almond
I'm mixing max-VG with Vapers Tek nic, ProTank-alike on an iStick. This one's also a colorless flavoring with viscosity like a typical PG-based flavoring (though I understand no PG is added) - not as runny as an alcohol-based flavoring.

I was so surprised that this is NOT strong flavoring, I repeated all my tests to confirm. I needed at least 2% to taste it clearly. I'd say 3-4% is full strength. That's still not very bold almond flavor, but using more starting tasting too fruity-floral, so I stopped there. A standalone mix lost a little oompf after sitting a day; I'd recommend starting your tests around 3%.

standalone flavor:
This is a sweet, mild and mellow almond extract flavor, with a background note I can best describe as coconut oil, plus a little fruity accent.
A whiff of the flavor bottle smells precisely like a bottle of McCormick Pure Almond Extract -- but when vaped, you'll taste additional flavors. It is fairly sweet, and the almond extract flavor dominates. If you cook with raw coconut oil, you'll taste that undertone here, especially using less than 3%. Using more, you'll taste something fruity - very similar to the almond-cherry accent in FA Vanilla Tahiti. Those extra notes make this more interesting than plain almond for standalone use.

mixing with it:
This Almond works pretty well with bakery flavors; it would be ideal in a fruitcake vape. It's not a flavor you'll have to dilute to measure carefully. You have to keep in mind the extra bits of flavor will accompany the almond. I think that makes it more challenging to use well in a recipe, but as I already mentioned, maybe better for standalone use.

two disclaimers:
I can't find any test results or manufacturer's claims regarding diacetyl, other diketones, or any other ingredients in Lotus flavorings.

4 more to come...

Dixie1954

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
@HeadInClouds - you know That I do not care for synthetic fruit flavorings and that I use wee amounts - I plan on getting 6 of these flavorings to try. What kind of dilution should I try them at?? HELP please.;) (I use the drop method of mixing.)

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
@HeadInClouds - you know That I do not care for synthetic fruit flavorings and that I use wee amounts - I plan on getting 6 of these flavorings to try. What kind of dilution should I try them at?? HELP please.;) (I use the drop method of mixing.)

I'm finding a wide range of standalone percentages, but I intentionally chose a batch of flavors I thought would vary like this. There will not be a rule of thumb starting-percentage that applies to the ones I chose. But I can say YOU should certainly start with a dilution to use as a flavoring bottle. If you intend to measure using the Euro-dropper tops, I have a suggestion. Do it over the sink, and add the flavoring first (before nic base), in case the bottle dispenses more than you want. It's not easy to consistently get a single drop from these. You might want to pull out the inserts and use a syringe instead to avoid wasting flavoring. Let me work with a few more of the fruit flavors and see if they're consistent in strength, but I think YOU ought to make a 1% dilution (1 drop per ~3ml) of the fruit flavors to use as your flavoring bottles.

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
Lotus White Cherry
I'm mixing max-VG with Vapers Tek nic, ProTank-alike on an iStick. This is another basically colorless flavoring.

Although it tasted good by 1%, I needed about 1.5% to taste the full flavor profile. The flavor didn't change to indicate overflavoring until about 3%, but I'd suggest starting your tests at 1% and working up.

standalone flavor:
This is a proper, authentic cherry flavor, very similar to the juice produced when you cook Rainier cherries (I have a Rainier tree ;-) with a bit of sugar. It's not quite the flavor of a fresh cherry plucked from the tree; it tastes slightly "cooked" as a shake-and-vape standalone flavor. There's a subtle cider note that you might not notice until it steeps a day or two. Like real white cherries, it's more sweet than tart, but there are some tart notes that other flavorings can either mask or emphasize. Remember I'm mixing max-VG; the tart notes are likely more prominent if you mix with some PG. I taste nothing that doesn't belong in a juicy cherry flavor - no menthol, no other fruits, no spice, nothing buttery or nutty or creamy.

Most of us grew up with cherry flavored medicine and cough drops, which are usually stripped-down "wild" (sweetened red) cherry or black cherry flavor. I believe that's why many of us taste "medicine" when vaping some cherry flavors - power of association. White cherry is just different enough from those, and with a bit of extra flavor complexity, that I think few people will get that medicinal effect from this Lotus flavoring. It's such a complete and unique flavor profile that it will please many vapers as a standalone cherry juice flavor.

versus Inawera:
While Lotus White Cherry is complete on its own, Inawera's Wisnia, Czeresnie, and Likierze cherry flavors all mix really well with it. Some fantastic cherry juice blends are waiting there. Lotus White Cherry is similar in strength to those Inawera flavors (so easy to mix-and-match). If you like Inawera Wisnia and Czeresnie, I think Lotus White Cherry will also impress you.

mixing with it:
This White Cherry stands out in mixes and works best as a main flavor. It's a top-notch cherry for beverage flavors, both juice blends and cocktails. FA Brandy, Liquid Amber, Whisky, and Inawera Likierze can emphasize the subtle cider note in Lotus White Cherry. Brandy seems to emphasize the tart note. FA Marzipan is a much better sweetener for it than Sucralose. Some of the unique appeal of White Cherry gets lost when used as a minor flavor - you'll taste it just fine, but it's just more appealing as the star of the show. If you do use it as an accent flavor in recipes, you'll probably want to use 0.5% or less (in which case a 10% dilution can be useful). Just one more note for those of us who like cherry cough drops: Lotus White Cherry with Inawera Eucalyptus-Mint is mmmm!

two disclaimers:

3 more coming soon...

Dixie1954

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
@HeadInClouds - you are testing flavors not offered yet on ECX??o_O
Tell them they HAVE to do some good Chocolate flavors too a milk and a cocoa type.:p

Last edited:

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
@HeadInClouds - you are testing flavors not offered yet on ECX??o_O
Tell them they HAVE to do some good Chocolate flavors too a milk and a cocoa type.:p

I guess they haven't yet added listings for all their new ones! The other 3 I have are already listed, and I assume the rest will be soon.

Medicine Flower does make Light Chocolate and Dark Chocolate. I agree ecigexpress ought to consider them, at least Dark Choc. :D

Jimi D

Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I'm vaping the Medicine Flower Strawberry at 1.5 %. VG and distilled water. Carolina Xtract cold extracted nic. It's pretty good but lacks that acidic taste in a strawberry. Not much depth to it. I'm going to increase the flavoring.

Jimi D

Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Mixed at 70/30 PG VG. 1.5% Strawberry.Chemnovatic nic 6mg. Strawberry is a little stronger. But still lacks oomph. Added another drop started to get a perfumed taste. Heavy chest feel as well. Give me back my chemical flavorings ! :D

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
Lotus Strawberry
I'm mixing max-VG with Vapers Tek nic, ProTank-alike on an iStick. This one's also a pretty clear flavoring.
There are so many strawberry flavorings to choose from, and I know everyone wants the "perfect" one, so I've been as descriptive as I can.

standalone flavor:
Tastes like a mainstream supermarket variety of fresh strawberries - Ozark, maybe - it's not wild or alpine or exotic berries. If you mix patiently you can also bring out hints of "not-quite-ripe" white/green spots and/or those sweet "bit-overripe" soft spots. Tasting all the stages of ripeness like this makes it unique among the strawberry flavors I've tried, certainly worth the effort it took to find the strength that worked best for me.
just an aside... I wonder if different batches (batch # is stamped on each bottle) will vary a little, since real fruit, even from the same plant, can vary during the growing season.

I tasted full flavor between 1% and 2%. At the lower end of that range the "not-quite-ripe" bit was included; with a little more, the "bit-overripe" sweeter flavor was included. Around 2% I lost those nuances and it became harsh on my throat. I settled between 1.25 and 1.5%. I'd recommend starting your tests around 1% and increasing it in tiny steps to find the balance of flavors that suits you best. Even though 1-2% is easily measured right from the bottle, small changes can make a real difference. It tastes a little bit milder to me after sitting a few days, but not enough that I felt I needed more flavoring.

mixing with it:
I liked this very much with nothing but a little plain cream (1.25% Lotus Strawberry, 0.5% FA Fresh Cream). It can stand up to bold flavors that overwhelm other strawberry flavorings - even FA's other berry flavors. Those of you who mix together various strawberry flavors to make one with better complexity, Lotus Strawberry would be a good "centerpiece" if you don't already have a fresh-fruit version bold enough for that.

two disclaimers:

VU Sponsors