Become a Patron!

What do you do?

ChainVapeS

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Just curious, what do some of you do to finance your vaping? I thought I would show everyone what I do, and I love doing, to make a living and finance my vaping. I paint, residential interiors and exteriors. I'm not trying to solicit myself, just showing my other passions with everyone.

Got something you love to do and want to show it? I'd love to see it!
7e30f9790d24ec2496f87148f5e6717e.jpg
03e9befe5bad489ceced394324119115.jpg
01e3c9aac87076dd72add9466889ba7c.jpg
333e44f37e0179b8f5e41e44a10e244c.jpg
70420381f3a8472d6ee36da6db5e3bef.jpg
26fb2b9604ce5472800ab19ce1f1fc0e.jpg

Sent from my VS835 using Tapatalk

Jriley

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Cannot take or post pictures of what I do, but I work for Ducommon as a CNC machinist we make most of the titanium parts for airplanes, helicopters and jets.
It's alright if you like overtime, but if you want family time then I don't suggest it.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

ChainVapeS

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Cannot take or post pictures of what I do, but I work for Ducommon as a CNC machinist we make most of the titanium parts for airplanes, helicopters and jets.
It's alright if you like overtime, but if you want family time then I don't suggest it.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk
I used to work in a chrome plating facility that did chrome, nickel and titanium plating for aircraft landing gear components for Boeing.

UnholiestSpork

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I am a caregiver for an elderly relative and do some landscaping on the side when I can. My Chief Bedwarmer is a bus driver, he used to be a trucker but he hated being gone from home months at a time.

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Finance vaping??? I quit smoking! That's how I finance vaping, as well as a security system for the home, a new truck, spending whatever we want on groceries... and the list goes on and on... see that $$ figure down below? Over $7k NOT spent on poison, in just a bit over 3 yrs!

Andria

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Finance vaping??? I quit smoking! That's how I finance vaping, as well as a security system for the home, a new truck, spending whatever we want on groceries... and the list goes on and on... see that $$ figure down below? Over $7k NOT spent on poison, in just a bit over 3 yrs!

Andria
yep I switched to vaping to save money not my life.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
yep I switched to vaping to save money not my life.

I didn't start vaping for either reason; I just wanted to be able to stay indoors on cold nights! :D But the money-savings was one very important prod to get me to continue vaping and gradually phase out smoking, because I sure couldn't afford to do both.

When I first started vaping, was still smoking a little, I kept wondering where the money to buy new and different vape gear was coming from, because suddenly there WAS money to spend on it, and I knew there certainly hadn't been, before... and I realized, the very few cigarettes I was still smoking didn't cost HALF as much as a pk or more each day... and that was really the only prod I needed to get me to hurry up and make the complete transition. So after I'd been smoke-free for a few months and one day, an ADT guy showed up at the door, I realized, we finally had the money in the budget to afford the monthly monitoring fees, so we could finally get the security system we'd wanted for our home since we bought it in 2011. :)

Andria

Larry J

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I make TV commercials for car dealers, from concept to script to shooting to producing to editing. Also do a few radio commercials and telephone on-hold messages. It's a job but not a calling. Getting close to retirement when I can do something that feeds my soul for a change!

Mykreign

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I'm a project engineer for a cold forming company. We make fasteners for the major car companies, aerospace and some commercial.
It's pretty cool how you can just move metal around to form what you want. I never even thought about how fasteners were made before I got this job. I pretty much design stuff in SolidWorks and run simulations all day. Can be pretty boring sitting at a desk though.

dropin_biking

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
How do you enjoy exterior painting? I just took the summer off and did some commercial exterior painting. I will say, it's not my cup of tea. Felt rewarding when it was done, it just didn't feel fun at all while I was doing it.

Xtar9Fc.jpg

Na46DpX.jpg

THIS is more my cup of tea. Off gun the gun, and out the door. Unless it's a restoration, those take much more care and patience. I just really enjoy the working alone, the attention to detail, and the overall art in it. It's self satisfying for me when I land a good paintjob. This blue dodge was the last thing I painted before taking a break. Getting back into it before the winter.

UvGVqo4.jpg

TA4UIQz.jpg

VVravl0.jpg

Raymcconn

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I am boring, I am a warehouse manager and looking for better job part time. Past good life I was a general manager for a distribution center. Once the changes occurred in Medicaid and Medicare and competitive bidding started for company's. They ( I for them) closed down the Illinois DC. It is expensive to do business in IL.

Ms. Trixy

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
I'm a broom maker.

Yeah, you read that right...

90e6e41bab06f52aa2ba6eb70fbdda28.jpg
373673e8bca1ccbecb6565ee76f2abd5.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Wow. What a craft. They're beautiful! I am a Realtor in Arizona. Took a dive when the market tanked, but I truly enjoy it.

women-are-angels-and-when-someone-breaks-we-our-wings-4721798.png
Beautiful Brooms.jpg

CashNVape

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm a union worker.
need to find a profession

get N sub Ω low...

️Cloud Chasing️

Ms. Trixy

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
If you don't mind my candor, it's about vaping health here. It's not a trash collector or a CEO that makes us. It's who we are INSIDE. The true you...the real you. No matter WHAT you do, we don't care. The multitude of resources we have available to us...the resources we have here are endless.

Thank you @VaporJoe for creating a venue where we can all share, learn and express our feelings.

Last edited:

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I have an oil well sitting in the back yard. J/K... I used to be paid reasonably well in administration/IT during my younger days so I have the savings to buy a lot of the stuff I want. Another thing is I often buy beautiful solid mech mods I know I'll still be able to sell more than a decade from now as they hold their value really well─although I'm not actually planning on selling any of them... ever.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I've done a bit of near everything it seems.

Worked in:

restaurants
old folks homes.
poultry processing plant
served in military briefly (A whole two weeks of actually being on board the fleet.)
farms (Grew up helping a grandfather with a very small family dairy.)
done stockyard work as a hand to move livestock for sales
built wooden apple bins back up for more use and abuse
ran volunteer rescue squad
helped rewire a small house (Up to electrical code and surpassing it for our area.),
helped set up our local courthouse with a network of computers
did something a touch shady -- I have worked as a white room reverse engineer on some software (It was as a hobby though and merely thanks as payment.)
firewood (Still am atm.)

So yes, a bit of near everything, ah yes bagged groceries and been grocery stockman. *sighs* One of these days I might find myself with some 'calling' but I'm doubting it. Been too rough and hard with this mutated body, mind that cumulatively the miles have caught up over and beyond the years. Some days I feel sure I'm 90, other days oh Hell no, I'm only 17, until ... 90 starts reminding me that I'm not. And I am only half 90 chronologically. Funny though, I quit measuring the time a long time back, I'm kind of froze somewhere outside of it.

Main 'job' at present I am a good house husband (One could swap a kept man, but be damned if I don't earn my keep.), or at least I make diligent effort/s to be. Not dead or run off yet so I gotta be doing something ... right or wrong. :)

Last edited:

fozzy71

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I work from home doing customer tech support and testing for a software company.

@ChainVapeS that middle picture of the vertical stripes gave me flash backs. Before my divorce the ex and I remodeled the house and every room was a different color scheme. The main part of the house (hallway, living room, kitchen and family room) all had rounded drywall corners and the living room had similar alternating blue stripes, so we did alternating reducing width stripes around all of the rounded corners for that room and the others that were connected. I never want to see a plumb bob and painter's tape again.

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
I sell CD's and rare music memorabilia on eBay

ChainVapeS

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
How do you enjoy exterior painting? I just took the summer off and did some commercial exterior painting. I will say, it's not my cup of tea. Felt rewarding when it was done, it just didn't feel fun at all while I was doing it.

Xtar9Fc.jpg

Na46DpX.jpg

THIS is more my cup of tea. Off gun the gun, and out the door. Unless it's a restoration, those take much more care and patience. I just really enjoy the working alone, the attention to detail, and the overall art in it. It's self satisfying for me when I land a good paintjob. This blue dodge was the last thing I painted before taking a break. Getting back into it before the winter.

UvGVqo4.jpg

TA4UIQz.jpg

VVravl0.jpg
I love exterior painting. I love being up on ladders and climbing around on roof tops. I work alone mainly. I find painting, interior or exterior to be very rewarding. Every now and then I'll get projects I don't really enjoy, but it's still rewarding in the end.

And the finish on that truck is beautiful. I've been wanting to try my hand at painting vehicles and travel trailers. I've got all the equipment, just never used automotive paints, not familiar with the process.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I love exterior painting. I love being up on ladders and climbing around on roof tops. I work alone mainly. I find painting, interior or exterior to be very rewarding. Every now and then I'll get projects I don't really enjoy, but it's still rewarding in the end.

I've never done any exterior painting, my vertigo makes tall ladders impossible -- I have a *little* trouble with small ladders, indoors... but I agree with you about painting; my husband absolutely hates it, so when we redecorated our son's room prior to his homecoming this summer, he bought the paint and helped me carry it.. but graciously left all the painting to me. :D

This was how it started, the walls a VOMITOUS green, the room itself basically just a junk depository:
smlr-IMG_0970.jpg

And, from the same vantage point just inside the door, this was how it finished:
smlr-finish-1.jpg

It was fun. :)

Andria

ChainVapeS

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I've never done any exterior painting, my vertigo makes tall ladders impossible -- I have a *little* trouble with small ladders, indoors... but I agree with you about painting; my husband absolutely hates it, so when we redecorated our son's room prior to his homecoming this summer, he bought the paint and helped me carry it.. but graciously left all the painting to me. :D

This was how it started, the walls a VOMITOUS green, the room itself basically just a junk depository:
View attachment 95039

And, from the same vantage point just inside the door, this was how it finished:
View attachment 95040

It was fun. :)

Andria
Well it's funny, I used to be terrified of heights and ladders, once I got into painting, I found the heights don't bother me anymore. Even funnier, I went to college for computer networking and repair. Got into painting and found it to be very enjoyable.

dropin_biking

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I was scared to death at the top of the 40 footer with an extension pole. Never again. 20 feet up wasn't so bad, anything after that and I just wasn't productive, too scared.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Well it's funny, I used to be terrified of heights and ladders, once I got into painting, I found the heights don't bother me anymore. Even funnier, I went to college for computer networking and repair. Got into painting and found it to be very enjoyable.

Oh, I'm not scared of heights... I get dizzy, particularly when I look up. I can go up a tall bldg's fast elevator all day, enjoy the hell out of the view... but when it's time to descend in that fast elevator... I have to sit down, lest I fall down. :D

I've always had difficulty with ladders, mostly coming down -- walking backward down a tall ladder does something strange to my brain. I can't do cartwheels or dive, either -- can't "lead with my head". Vertigo is a massive PITA.

Andria

VU Sponsors