Become a Patron!

What do I upgrade to?

Hi, I have the Vaio Go from Vaporfi and I love it but I'm curious if there is something out there that is better. What I love about the Vaio Go is the simplicity of it, top loading, just one button to push and either open or close the air vent. I'm not too sure about the ones (I'm not sure what they are called) that have the volt and temperature and all that extra stuff. Seems like more work. So can anybody give me some suggestions. Thanks.

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Hi, I have the Vaio Go from Vaporfi and I love it but I'm curious if there is something out there that is better. What I love about the Vaio Go is the simplicity of it, top loading, just one button to push and either open or close the air vent. I'm not too sure about the ones (I'm not sure what they are called) that have the volt and temperature and all that extra stuff. Seems like more work. So can anybody give me some suggestions. Thanks.
Hi, welcome to the Underground :vino:

Take a look here https://vapingdaily.com/regulated-mods-vs-mech-mods-comparison/
You're referring to a "regulated" mod where the user has control of wattage.
Power mode is pretty easy and basic. You just set the wattage based on coil and the vape you want. Temperature control can seem complex when just starting to learn about it, but not hard and you don't have to use it.

For an upgraded mod, I would suggest regulated and external battery(s) - which would also mean a battery charger and batteries. Most external battery mods have a built in charger, kinda like Vaio but, external batteries are a little different animal so spend a few more bucks for safety's sake.

Buying batteries is one place where it can get complicated just starting out, since there are so many, and since some are misrepresented by what's on the label (wrap). It gets down to using a trusted vendor that sells only authentic, + the battery brand, + that brands model number.

You mentioned your likes/love of Vaio. What kind of change(s) in your vape do you want your upgrade to bring?

Kranky Kanger

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Agree with VF, knowing what you want to accomplish with the "upgrade" helps us out in our recommendations. Whatcha lookin' to do? :)

They've already given a pretty good explanation. But if I were to recommend I'd go with a -

Voopoo Drag with a Cleito 120 as the tank.

You get both street cred and a great tank / regulated mod.

gbalkam

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile

Yes, it is more work. But, it gives you many more options. Vape temp, cloud density, different coil types, atomizers, vs "Here, vape this and like it"
You either vape to your own preference or let a manufacturer tell you what you like. Mind you, if you ever tried a regulated mod with a flavor build, you would toss your AIO in the bin and head to the vape shop. lol.

chuck333

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
Regulated mods provide control of the vape to suit individual taste. If you get one with removable and replaceable batteries you can keep a spare, fully charged set on hand. When your batteries go dead, easy peasy, just pop in another set and you're good to go. It's like having a spare all in one on hand. The tank is also removeable and you can keep more tanks on hand with different flavours. You can use different coils in different tanks to really personalize the vape experience. If you grow tired of paying $5 or more every few days on a new coil you can start rebuilding your own. This can dramatically reduce the cost to, like pennies per week and really provide total control of the vaping experience. None of this is really complicated. A little reading and some YouTube videos and you're away.

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Yes, it is more work. But, it gives you many more options. Vape temp, cloud density, different coil types, atomizers, vs "Here, vape this and like it"
You either vape to your own preference or let a manufacturer tell you what you like. Mind you, if you ever tried a regulated mod with a flavor build, you would toss your AIO in the bin and head to the vape shop. lol.
IMO, the only time this is a win, is when someone that doesn't really know what to get, gets something like that and it does some good on helping put the sigs down, or stay with vaping. Also IMO, they are an unneeded temporary device. If the time was always taken to explore and understand more about vape gear options, there wouldn't be as many first time vaper fails because of the 'vape this and like what it gives you because that's all it can do' devices.

gbalkam

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
IMO, the only time this is a win, is when someone that doesn't really know what to get, gets something like that and it does some good on helping put the sigs down, or stay with vaping. Also IMO, they are an unneeded temporary device. If the time was always taken to explore and understand more about vape gear options, there wouldn't be as many first time vaper fails because of the 'vape this and like what it gives you because that's all it can do' devices.
The only other benefit is these AIOs are cheap. Now as long as people realize they are getting what they pay for, they are fine as a first vape device. Kind of like training wheels. There are probably even some people that love the vape from these things as it is, which is fine. Personally, I wish my vendor had talked me into a toptank mini kit rather than suggest the epen style. It would have saved me about $130.00. I never really was happy with the vape off that first device. I kept thinking "Flavor? what flavor?"

VU Sponsors